Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shipping Oscars 2016

Default Shipping Oscars 2016 - Results Posted

Shipping Oscars
    Celebrating the Best of 2016

It's that time of year again! Time to take a look back at the previous year's offerings in this section to reflect and celebrate—the Shipping Oscars!

Special thanks to the past hosts: xEryChan, Meowth City, Skiyomi, Encyclopika, Water Spirit, shadow_shipper and Uzumaki Hinata.

We'll be following the same drill as last year and head straight to the vote. All the eligible stories/people have already been listed out in their appropriate categories. All you have to do is cast your vote. Eligible stories = stories that were updated at some point during the year 2016. That means even if your story was started in, say, 2013, as long as you’ve posted a chapter in 2016, your story is eligible for this year’s Oscars.

How do you vote? Simple enough. Just send me a PM telling me which folks you’d like to vote for. BAM! Done. The deadline for voting is March 1st, 2017, which means you’ve got some extra time to get some reading in even if you haven’t already checked a lot of these out. So please do vote!

And when you vote, you'll get a nice avatar signature with your name and pairing of your choice on it to proudly show your participation:

Note: Specify Pairing, Colors, and whether or not you want Background Effects.

I've also made some Shipping Oscars 2016 graphics if you'd like to display them in your signature to spread the word about the competition. Feel free to use them, if you'd like.

Spoiler:- Shipping Oscars Graphics:

Rules
    • All forum and sub-forum rules apply.
    • Vote by sending me a PM, not by posting here.
    • You cannot vote for yourself.
    • Vote based on the quality of the work, not on how you feel about the author as a person. Do not vote for someone just because they’re your friend.
    • If you have any questions regarding the event, don't post them here. Just send me a PM.
    • When you vote, you can vote for as many or as few categories as you want. But only one vote per category.
    • You can vote for the same fic multiple times as long as long as it’s for different categories. (Ex. Say a fic was up for Best Multiships Fic, Best One-Shot, and Best Fic—you could vote for it in each category if you wanted to.) Same goes for authors/reviewers.
    • You can sig campaign for this. As in, write "Vote for my/so-in-so's story in such-and-such category in the 2016 Shipping Oscars!" or something of the like in your signature, and I do encourage you to spread the word to your friends about this contest but... be ethical about it, kay? Don't attempt to coerce people who haven't even read your fic to vote for it or get your friends to vote for you - you'll be looking at disqualification and a possible infraction for sending unsolicited messages/advertising if you do.

Well, there's been enough stalling. On to the main event! The following posts will contain the categories you'll be voting for and the people up for the awards. Happy reading and happy voting!

Categories and Contenders

(Please note that I'm a flawed human being and if there are mistakes, misspellings, misplacement or miscategorizations on this list then you have only to PM me and let me know and I'll fix 'em)

Best Author

Spoiler:- Contenders:

Best Reviewer

Best Fic

Best One-Shot

Best Multi-Chapter Fic

Best AdvanceShipping Fic

Best AmourShipping Fic

Best Multiships Fic

Best Other Pokemon Shipping Fic

Best Non-Pokemon Fic

Best Drabble

Best Male/Female Drabble

Best Female/Female Drabble

Best Non-Pokemon Drabble

Best Multiships Drabble

Best More Please! Fic
    (This tricky little category covers the line between one-shots and multi-chaptered fics. It's for stories that were meant to be multi-chaptered, but for whatever reason, at least at the time of this posting, only have one chapter)

Best Timeless Fic

Last edited by AmericanPi; 4th March 2017 at 3:34 AM. Reason: Results posted!

Known as AmericanPi everywhere on the Internet.

Author's Profile | Art Shop
    Platonic: A Family and Friendship One-Shot Contest

I have to admit, I'm surprised to see we're even having the event this year given how limited Shipping Fic production was last year. I'm glad that's not the case. Though upon seeing the contenders, I had remembered that I have been meaning to tell xEryChan that she could delete my Joyeuxshipping story if she wanted. I have no intentions of continuing it.

This is Ayla, my proud heroine from Pokemon Sun.
    She's a lively Festival Plaza goer and the fashion queen of Alola.
    She's also a people person and loves to help out fellow
    Pokemon Sunsters and Moonsters.

My FC: 4742-8614-1947. Please PM me if you need help
    evolving Pokemon, getting Dex entries, or need some Sun-exclusive
    Festival Plaza shop. I may be able to help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    I have to admit, I'm surprised to see we're even having the event this year given how limited Shipping Fic production was last year.
    I knew we were still having the Oscars, I just didn't know who was going to be in charge of it. I forgot non-mods could asked to host these, so that hadn't crossed my mind even though I now remember a brief post from Pi about it last year. But yeah, it's true that production was pretty sparse compared to 2015. Just one of those years, I suppose.

Even with there being less categories this time, I think there's still going to be close calls. Gonna have to read through these carefully.
    Winner of Best Non-Pokémon Fic of 2016 in the Shipping Oscars
    Forsaken: Chapter 20 - 11/17/14 / Encryption: Chapter 8 - 3/10/16 / Handle with Care: Chapter 10 - 3/17/14

I think forums have been dying down a lot now but it's nice to see that this is still up.

Just noticed: Shouldn't Pokeshipping have it's own category? I noticed that there's 4 fics up there whilst advanceshipping has 3.
    Last edited by ChloboShoka; 12th January 2017 at 12:16 AM.

So glad this is up now, I'll go ahead and stick this for you

Quote Originally Posted by ChloboShoka View Post
    I think forums have been dying down a lot now but it's nice to see that this is still up.

Just noticed: Shouldn't Pokeshipping have it's own category? I noticed that there's 4 fics up there whilst advanceshipping has 3.
    This year, a new category would only be made if two or more authors can contribute to it. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair to have a category, because one author can just write multiple, say, PearlShipping fics and be guaranteed an award. With PokeShipping I was a little iffy on whether or not to make a category for it, because Changes was technically authored by AquaMilotic. However, it still listed you down as a co-author, and since all four PokeShipping fics had you down as an author (not that that's a bad thing - feel free to write fics of a certain ship even if nobody else does ) I decided not to make a separate PokeShipping category. Hope this helps!

@ KP, xEryChan actually approached me to host this year's Shipping Oscars. I should have specified that to avoid confusion.

*enters thread* ooh look what do we have he-

Ohmywhatthe my fic has been nominated.

Sorry but that is so cool. I feel like I won't win (I've seen very few people interested in the pairing) but it's cool to know I'm on the list!

Quote Originally Posted by American--Pi View Post
    This year, a new category would only be made if two or more authors can contribute to it. Otherwise it wouldn't be fair to have a category, because one author can just write multiple, say, PearlShipping fics and be guaranteed an award. With PokeShipping I was a little iffy on whether or not to make a category for it, because Changes was technically authored by AquaMilotic. However, it still listed you down as a co-author, and since all four PokeShipping fics had you down as an author (not that that's a bad thing - feel free to write fics of a certain ship even if nobody else does ) I decided not to make a separate PokeShipping category. Hope this helps!

@ KP, xEryChan actually approached me to host this year's Shipping Oscars. I should have specified that to avoid confusion.
    That makes more sense now.
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I know Satoshi x Touko mentioned this further up, but I did notice how fic production wasn't as frequent as last time. I've only been a member of the forum since September, but I looked at last year's awards and compared to this year's there is a considerably less amount of fics. Did we lose any fic writers along the way or something? Either way, this year's awards still looks to be shaping up to a tight competition! And since this is my first time in it, you bet I'm hyped!

Edit: I just counted the amount of fics, and unless I miscounted then, including Drabbles, we have 59 entries this year. Considering there are 52 weeks in a year, that means that on average there would be one fic a week except seven weeks, when there would be two fics. That's definitely less than last year.
    Last edited by Nerdy McNerdface; 14th January 2017 at 2:22 PM.

I think just in general forums aren't as active as they were years ago and forums are slowly being killed by social media. The writers are still around just not on the forums.

Hey everyone! This is just a friendly reminder that the deadline for voting is coming soon, on March 1st, 2017, so be sure to vote if you're interested in voting and you haven't already!

I decided I might as well post here for the sake of it just to let people know.

Just saying, tomorrow (Wednesday 1st March) is the deadline for voting this year! If you want to put in any last-minute votes, PM American--Pi with your nomination!

Will the results be released soon after the deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by Manqoba View Post
    I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by zeldafan128 View Post
    Will the results be released soon after the deadline?
    It'll be a delay of probably a few weeks, unfortunately. It takes a while to tally the votes and a good amount of time to make the winners' graphics. I'll make sure to post status updates on the results though.

It'll be a delay of probably a few weeks, unfortunately. It takes a while to tally the votes and a good amount of time to make the winners' graphics. I'll make sure to post status updates on the results though.
    I'd love to help if there's anything I can do.

I don't care what actually happens. I will forever imagine that she kissed Ash by surprise then rode down the escalator like a boss.

Voting for the 2016 Shipping Oscars is now closed! Thanks to everyone who voted!

I'll be editing this post with status updates on the results and the prizes.

EDIT March 3 2017: I've finished making all the prizes. It took a lot less time than expected, so I'll be posting the results now.
    Last edited by AmericanPi; 4th March 2017 at 3:09 AM.

2016 Shipping Oscars Results

Best Author of 2016

And the winner is…

Epicocity!

Congratulations!!

Best Reviewer of 2016

And the winner is…

ChloboShoka!

Congratulations!!

Best Fic of 2016

And the winner is…

May's Justice by ChloboShoka!

Congratulations!!

Best One-Shot of 2016

And the winner is…

Memento by zeldafan128!

Congratulations!!

Best Multi-Chapter Fic of 2016

And the winner is…

Congratulations!!

Best AdvanceShipping Fic of 2016

And the winner is…

Congratulations!!

Best AmourShipping Fic of 2016

And the winner is…

Love in the Time of Teamwork by Epicocity!

Congratulations!!

Best Multiships Fic of 2016

And the winner is…

Fragmented Figments by Epicocity!

Congratulations!!

Best Other Pokemon Shipping Fic of 2016

And the winner is…

Vow by Avietta_Ikarilove!

Congratulations!!

Best Non-Pokemon Fic of 2016

And the winner is…

Encryption by Kutie Pie!

Congratulations!!

Best Drabble of 2016

And the winner is…

Siberia by SilverLining554!

Congratulations!!

Best Male/Female Drabble of 2016

And the winner is…

familiar (familial) pain by airisuflower!

Congratulations!!

Best Female/Female Drabble of 2016

And the winner is…

So Close by American--Pi!

Congratulations!!

Best Non-Pokemon Drabble of 2016

And the winner is…

False Vengeance by matthew11!

Congratulations!!

Best Multiships Drabble of 2016

And the winner is…

Kalos Run In by Victorian Rush!

Congratulations!!

Best More Please! Fic of 2016

And the winner is…

Champions and Crushes by potat_lasaro!

Congratulations!!

Best Timeless Fic of 2016

And the winner is…

Romance 101 by Medea!

Congratulations!!

And that's it folks! Congratulations to everyone who won, and thank you to all of you for another wonderful year.
    Last edited by AmericanPi; 4th March 2017 at 3:40 AM. Reason: images

Well done winners! I didn't win anything this year, but I kind of expected that :P

I'm gonna up my fic game this year! Gonna try branching out to more fandoms, more writing styles, less typos and overall maybe a little better chance of winning!

Again, congrats to the winners. You did really well.

Thank you so much everyone.

I'll type more later still in shock.

Wait

I won best one-shot?

Holy crap! I don't know who in the world voted for me, but thank you so much!

Best Other Pokemon Shipping Fic of 2016

And the winner is…

Vow by Avietta_Ikarilove!

Congratulations!!
    I... um... wow. This is surreal to me. I started writing as a way to let out my emotions after real life matters. I never thought I'd get this far. I've been on the Forums for a few years, and if there's one thing I love the most, it's seeing the Shipping Oscars and seeing the works of all the authors on the Forums. Never once did I think that I'd be a part of those winners. I don't really know what else to say, except thank you so much to everyone who voted for me.

Congratulations to all the winners as well! A huge thank you to American--Pi too, for hosting this year's Shipping Oscars! You did an amazing job! Thank you!
    Last edited by Avietta_Ikarilove; 6th March 2017 at 2:33 AM.

Best Multiships Drabble of 2016

And the winner is…

Kalos Run In by Victorian Rush!

Congratulations!!
    I'm so happy that I won again this year, this has made my day. Thank you so much to everyone who has voted for me, even though Kalos Run is truly the worst thing I have ever written. I really do appreciate it.

I'm probably going to start writing one shots now just to see how it works out.

Also, a big thanks to American--Pi for hosting this year. You were a great host and thank you for making these nice prizes. Looking forward to next years shipping oscars as well.

I forgot to say this earlier but congrats to all the winners.

Just want to drop in and say congrats to all the winners and a BIG thank you to American--Pi for hosting this years Shipping Oscars. I feel bad for not doing anything to contribute but all in all, it was definitely a good turnout, much better than last years.

Congratulations to all winners! Looks like it's time to up my ante in terms of writing if I want to qualify for the 2017 awards. BDc

Quick Q: I couldn't help but notice there's no award for Best Male/Male Drabble... is that simply due to lack of slash fics here?

Villain Multi-shipper ~ A Proud Supporter of
    HardenShipping | PerfectWorldShipping | DarkParadiseShipping | AbsoluteControlShipping | AntiGravityShipping
    Walking the Trainer's path since 1997/8
    UPN | BGf
    | PASBL Record | TL1 - 0W / 4L / 0D
    0 KOs / 9 TP / 0 SP
    Referee Grade: D
    =Friend Code= 2208 - 5726 - 0181
    Pokemon Sun Trainer Name - コウライ | Pokemon Moon Trainer Name - ひょうりん
    I CLAIMED SILVALLY
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast