Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Unpopular Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax512 View Post
    Also people are over exaggerating the difference between XY and SM Ash. He was actually pretty expressive and carefree during XY before the plot got serious, so although his personality had major flaws in XY (and was far from the best imo) he wasn't the emotionless flawless gary stu robot god people seem to label him as. The stupid faces in SM also gives the impression that Ash has a lot more personality than he actually does.
    Yeah, for the most part, XY Ash didn't strike me as "emotionless" or lacking expression, either. He just seemed... calmer. More settled in himself, maybe. Like he knew who he was and what worked for him and was comfortable with it. He was a little on the serious side, yes, but after re-watching the last episode of BW I feel like they set up that change in demeanor pretty well. The part where he's lying on the grass, looking up at the sky and thinking of his past companions and friends, and then does that catching-the-sun-gesture feels almost like a rededication. As though he was reflecting on everything he'd gone through since the beginning and decided that he really was going to do it this time. And while he ultimately did not win the League this time around either, this attitude did help get him to the finals, further than he'd ever been before. It wasn't by any means the key ingredient/deciding factor, but it helped.
    Last edited by Glaceona; 21st January 2017 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    Cynthia did come off as extremely overpowered and almost like a Mary Sue, but then again she's like one of the strongest female trainers which seems to be extremely rare in the anime.
    She sucked as a character IMO. She was vapid and her snack indecision gag thing was infuriating. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    She sucked as a character IMO. She was vapid and her snack indecision gag thing was infuriating. :/
    I second this. I'm still not entirely sure why people liked her, and I got a little annoyed when she was featured more than any other champion.
    Game OTP: IronWill (Dawn x Riley)
    Anime OTP: Marisson (Alain x Mairin)
    Manga brOTP: Origin (Steven x Wallace)

I also have a nominated story there!

I write shipping fics! In any of the stories I post in the shipping fics area, feel free to drop in to say hi and leave a review! I gain motivation to continue writing through this, so any kind of review is great!

"Our path may have a clear end with our friends, but it doesn't mean we cannot do anything with them while it lasts. Make sure you spend your time with them to the fullest, so when you have to part ways, once all is finally done, hold your head high, smile, and look onward to the future world that you made together!" ~ from this fanfic!

Cynthia was the first ever female Champion.

I don't blame the fandom for liking her. And I have no problem with her being 'flawless'.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Cynthia was the first ever female Champion.

I don't blame the fandom for liking her. And I have no problem with her being 'flawless'.
    I don't blame the fandom for liking her, I just personally don't. I can see why someone would like her, but I can't find myself doing the same. I should've explained a bit more clearly, oops. I guess that's just what I get for posting early on a Monday morning...

I write shipping fics! In any of the stories I post in the shipping fics area, feel free to drop in to say hi and leave a review! I gain motivation to continue writing through this, so any kind of review is great!

"Our path may have a clear end with our friends, but it doesn't mean we cannot do anything with them while it lasts. Make sure you spend your time with them to the fullest, so when you have to part ways, once all is finally done, hold your head high, smile, and look onward to the future world that you made together!" ~ from this fanfic!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    The writers need to make a side anime where Ash actually ages.
    They should honestly have a special miniseries with a future, older Ash winning it all or something. That way fans know there's an end-game, and the current anime can take whatever amount of time with the premise that it'll eventually reach that future.

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Being OP kinda comes with being the Champion number 1,number 2 she was extremely knowledgeable about Sinnoh Legend and the bonds between Pokemon and Trainer and imparted wisdom to Ash, Paul and Iris that helped them tremendously in their own pursuits and very proactive with how she helped against Galactic instead of letting the children handle everything.

Oh but she has one comedic quirk with being indecisive about ice cream so that makes her "vapid", gimme a break lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Being OP kinda comes with being the Champion number 1,number 2 she was extremely knowledgeable about Sinnoh Legend and the bonds between Pokemon and Trainer and imparted wisdom to Ash, Paul and Iris that helped them tremendously in their own pursuits and very proactive with how she helped against Galactic instead of letting the children handle everything.

Oh but she has one comedic quirk with being indecisive about ice cream so that makes her "vapid", gimme a break lmao
    I think they mean that it's such a basic and forced in quirk that it makes her look vapid. Like 'that's the best they could think of for a defect?'.

Quote Originally Posted by DatsRight View Post
    I think they mean that it's such a basic and forced in quirk that it makes her look vapid. Like 'that's the best they could think of for a defect?'.
    It's not meant to be a 'defect' though.

It's just a quirk. It serves the purpose of humanizing her a little.

Don't you realize the irony of the most powerful trainer of Sinnoh being indecisive over which ice cream to pick? xD

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    It's not meant to be a 'defect' though.

It's just a quirk. It serves the purpose of humanizing her a little.

Don't you realize the irony of the most powerful trainer of Sinnoh being indecisive over which ice cream to pick? xD
    I think it's the fact that the character trait didn't suit her personality much. She's a strong-willed, kinda serious woman in the games, so it didn't make sense for her to gain an indecisive trait in the anime. I guess that's just opinions, though.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132