Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Unpopular Opinions

Ash-Greninja was one of the worst decisions of the series. The anime invented a special transformation that bordered on Gary-Stu character territory. I mean it was so contrived! Some Greninja long ago had this special power that made it better than all other Greninja and Ash's Greninja has the same power now! They should have just given him a Mega Stone, it would have made more sense.
    Pokeshipping Forever!

Ash's Pikachu is the most overrated pokemon in the entire anime

Pikachu/Latios=Pikachu/Regice>Kalos Pikachu=Sinnoh part 2 Pikachu=Unova part 2 Pikachu=Battle Frontier Pikachu>Hoenn Pikachu>Part 1 Sinnoh Pikachu=Part 1 Unova Pikachu>Johto Pikachu>Orange Islands Pikachu=Kanto Pikachu

Pikachu got the perfect amount of development in Advanced Generation when it learned to use Iron Tail and Volt Tackle,in the first half of AG Pikachu was a tier 3 but in the second half of AG it became a tier 2 most notably during the Battle Frontier.Having said that it makes no sense for it to leapfrog Charizard,Sceptile,Infernape,and Snorlax and take out opponents that would be way out of its league 9 times out of 10 like a Regice and a Latios,so since the writers just feel like spontaneously shooting it straight to the moon for plot reasons that means I'm supposed to just sit there and accept it as Ash's very best?

Hell to the no!!

-I love Iris. She doesn't take crap from no one, didn't need a Pokémon to battle or save someone she cared about, had a very cute voice, enjoyed her relationships with Ash and Dento, and I didn't mind her catchphrase (mind you, I watched the Japanese version.)

-BW Trio were the best. They were all so different yet so alike and it was obvious they all cared about each other. Arguments and fighting doesn't mean dreading the living daylights out of that person.

-Amourshipping SUCKS! Way to dilute Serena's character from bigger issues at hand that was quickly resolved

-DP SUCKS! At the time, I couldn't handle Ash's emotions from being angry to depressed over Chimchar, battling, Paul, etc. The pacing was too slow, training episodes were the absolute worst!, TR was horrible!, Brock was just there, Dawn got way too much screentime that I thought it was Dawnimon (at the time), Turtwig became a mess after it evolved, and probably other complaints I can't think of. Now, I don't mind it now (and it is quite good) but at the time of it airing, I couldn't stand it.

-I don't mind Ash's Popplio shoes and I liked his SM design when we first saw it on the magazine scan

-Ash Greninja is overrated and so is Charizard. (but I really like both of them)

-I could care less about Ash winning a Pokémon League

-I keep cheering for Ash and expecting him to win when he's battling in the League but before then, I keep saying he's gonna lose

-XY(&Z) Ash is the worst incarnation of Ash. OS/AG/DP/BW/SM Ash is 10000x better

-I enjoyed Johto

-OS wasn't all that great. The stiff animation in Pokémon battling was pretty bad, Ash got pity badges, and some of the battles were BS (his match with Brock)

-I liked Tracey

That's all I can think of.
    Last edited by satoharupika; 12th January 2017 at 4:47 AM.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by doofinc View Post
    Based solely on how the Kalos League was written, yeah I agree. Given the whole XY/XYZ series, no he shouldn't. But the way they wrote the KL forecasted a loss now that you mention it.
    Well...the whole XY(&Z) series was allergic to continuity. Ash winning it all in DP would have felt more fitting than if it happened in XY.

Give us a 8 or 9 episode league. 3 full battles, 1 3 v 3, and 1 double battle. Bring back reserves. Give us cameos. Make it action-packed and strategic. It's not impossible. The anime has done elements of these in various leagues already. Just put it all together.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePokemonmaster11 View Post
    Ash-Greninja was one of the worst decisions of the series. The anime invented a special transformation that bordered on Gary-Stu character territory. I mean it was so contrived! Some Greninja long ago had this special power that made it better than all other Greninja and Ash's Greninja has the same power now! They should have just given him a Mega Stone, it would have made more sense.
    They should have given the Goodra Vietnam PTSD arc to Greninja. It would have been a powerful way for him and Ash to bond, as he helped him get over those scars and become a future hero. Maybe it would actually explain the pain-sharing too - Ash faces the pain A-G feels from his scars. Better than the frog being some Chosen One.
    Last edited by Maldread; 12th January 2017 at 5:07 AM.

-I thought the Kalos League was the second best League. And I don't want a League longer than 7 episodes because I think it would be crap.

-Sawyer was a good rival, and Serena had the best character development out of any main character in the series

-Not sure if unpopular, but regardless of the loss, Alain's poorly handled character development after the fact destroyed him as a character

-Reserves in the Sinnoh league were ultimately pointless and took away from the main Sinnoh team as it pandered to Gen II except for Sceptile vs. Darkrai

-The year gap between the 7th and 8th badge in Sinnoh was actually a good thing for DP.

That's all I got for now.
    Dare to Be Silly!

Ancienverse AU Fanfiction

Love in the Time of Teamwork
    Once every seven years there was a tournament celebrating the bonds between people and Pokemon. Of course, Serena expected Ash to want to take part, but she had no idea the ways in which it would change their lives for good or ill. She was confident, however, that by the end of that week, something between herself and Ash would be different. Amourshipping.

Remaining stories can be found in this community here.

- SM has horrible character designs & animation.
    - Clemont was a much better character than Serena.
    - Cilan shouldn't have been Ash's BW male companion.
    - Misty was stronger than Iris and possibly May.

Misty, May, and Dawn are overrated.

I couldn't care less about Ash winning a league.

SM Ash is the best Ash, besides AG Ash.

Chespin was pretty hilarious at times; Oshawott and Piplup were as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Well...the whole XY(&Z) series was allergic to continuity. Ash winning it all in DP would have felt more fitting than if it happened in XY.

Give us a 8 or 9 episode league. 3 full battles, 1 3 v 3, and 1 double battle. Bring back reserves. Give us cameos. Make it action-packed and strategic. It's not impossible. The anime has done elements of these in various leagues already. Just put it all together.

They should have given the Goodra Vietnam PTSD arc to Greninja. It would have been a powerful way for him and Ash to bond, as he helped him get over those scars and become a future hero.Maybe it would explain the pain-sharing too - Ash faces the pain A-G feels from his scars. Better than the frog being some Chosen One.
    Darn, that's good! Leave it to a U of M guy to think of something brilliant like that. Yeah, I felt Ash-Greninja was just too forced and lacked true character development. Infer ape was way better.
    Pokeshipping Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Attempts at serious drama work better as bad parodies and drinking games.

TF, despite their great arc, were still terrible villains because they had nothing to set themselves aside from even that of Team Plasma other than their leader.
    DO you mean like specifically the grunts and admins?

Man you guys are harsh, like really harsh xD. I'm not going to debate over any of these other than putting my thoughts on these opinions because I'm guessing that isn't what the thread is for? * Looks over at UN Owen *

Anyway, I loved XY and XY/Z Ash. I have no idea how he gets so much flake for not being * funny enough * or not * expressive enough. * Of course that's probably because I like Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos Ash. Best versions of Ash IMO. Hate the weird one in Kanto, Johto, and SM.

So many shots against my OTP, Amourshipping! I guess its just a way you look at it. Fellow Armourshippers and I think that Amourshipping helped Serena's development. Doesn't matter cause we always got the kiss( and the interview that suggests that they could become a couple in the future).

Finally on the issue of Ash-Greninja. I'm not going to delve into that except for saying that what is done is done. Ash has AG and he doesn't have MCY. Deal with it.( Though I do agree with Maldread on making Greninja have a PSTD arc)

Credit to FairyWitch and her shop

Darn, that's good! Leave it to a U of M guy to think of something brilliant like that. Yeah, I felt Ash-Greninja was just too forced and lacked true character development. Infer ape was way better.
    All those long nights and tough courses at a top uni finally paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    DO you mean like specifically the grunts and admins?
    Pretty much. The Admins are non-entities just like the games really. The grunts seem more generic than they were in the games as well. I just don't feel that distinct from other teams. Then again, this problem is not new.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

I would say brag much, but I realized this is me as well.

(Except for the fact that I'm done with college. Still going strong...]
    Still remember when you said you were an elder statesman. Pahh...You can't be THAT much older than me if you are older than me at all...

I'd take shots at ships, but shipping is, by nature, a very polarizing topic.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

John Cena is the most failed top guy in WWE/F history

A.J. Styles>>>>>>>>>John Cena

Alain-Pikachu > Tobias-Pikachu.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash-Pikachu View Post
    Alain-Pikachu > Tobias-Pikachu.
    This.

OP Pikachu

The leaders and the best!!! Lol!

While we're talking unpopular opinions, I might throw Serena under the bus. I liked the overall plot and development with Serena, but her goal was beyond tacky. Imagine if she had been Ash's rival instead and had been like Sawyer.
    Pokeshipping Forever!

In my opinion, east or west, XY is the best.

Ash's character traits were simply awesome, his maturity, him being a badass, his competency, his looks(character design) was simply phenomenal.

Serena and Amourshipping were the things I'd never ever forget. I loved Amourshipping from the core of my heart (hence my signature). First time I saw that someone cared for Ash so much, showed a deep affection and admiration for Ash. I root for Ash always, so someone showing so much care and affection for Ash really touched my heart. I was really in tears after Serena parted ways with Ash.

Ash-Greninja, my most favourite Pokemon ever(along with Pikachu). Ash having such a powerful Pokemon for the first time, and that was a Pokemon with whom Ash had such a strong bond, their bond was strong enough to activate a transformation that happened once in hunderds of years. In that transformation, they were two in one, their body and mind were totally synched with each other, they shared each other's vision and pain. Releasing Greninja was one of the worst decisions of the Anime in my opinion.

The bad aspects of XY were also there. Alain, an overpowered Gary Stu character that somewhat ruined the end of XY series. Powered through countless opponents with his God like Mega Charizard-X. Ash never beat him despite battling him multiple times. How was that justified? A false hype and hope was created about Ash winning the Kalos League, showing the Giant Orange Shuriken in the previews, and a trolling title- Kalos League Victory! Ash's ultimate match!! All of that for Ash to ultimately lose. I thought that with all his maturity and competence, Ash would finally win a League and later win the Champion's League, become a Champion, thus ending his story on a high. I think Ash character came a full circle in XY and his story should've ended on a high there rather than constantly being portrayed as a loser. But that didn't happen, Greninja was released and Serena parted ways with Ash. XY ended on a disappointing note.

But remembering all the good things that happened in XY, Ash's competence and maturity, him being Serena's crush and admiration, Sawyer's role model and considering his highest placement in the League so far(after recovering from the salt), I'll say that XY was obviously the best series for me.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 12th January 2017 at 7:57 AM.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    In my opinion, east or west, XY is the best.

Ash's character traits were simply awesome, his maturity him being a badass, his competency, his looks(character design was simply phenomenal.

Serena and Amourshipping were the things I'd never ever forget. I loved Amourshipping from the core of my heart (hence my signature). First time I saw that someone cared for Ash so much, showed a deep affection and admiration for Ash. I root for Ash always, so someone showing so much care and affection for Ash really touched my heart. I was really in tears after Serena parted ways with Ash.

Ash-Greninja, my most favourite Pokemon ever(along with Pikachu). Ash having such a powerful Pokemon for the first time, and that was a Pokemon with whom Ash had such a strong bond, their bond was strong enough to activate a transformation that happened once in hunderds of years. In that transformation, their body and mind and body were totally synched with each other, they shared each other's vision and pain. Releasing Greninja was one of the worst decisions of the Anime in my opinion.

The bad aspects of XY were also there. Alain, an overpowered Gary Stu character that somewhat ruined the end of XY series. Powered through countless opponents with his God like Mega Charizard-X. Ash never beat him despite battling him multiple times. How was that justified? A false hype and hope was created about Ash winning the Kalos League, showing the Giant Orange Shuriken in the previews. All of that for Ash to ultimately lose. I thought that with all his maturity and competence, Ash would finally win a League and later win the Champion's League, become a Champion, thus ending his story on a high. I think Ash character came a full circle in XY and his story should've ended on a high there rather than constantly being portrayed as a loser. But that didn't happen, Greninja was released and Serena parted ways with Ash. XY ended on a disappointing note.

But remembering all the good things that happened in XY, Ash's competence and maturity, him being Serena's crush and admiration, Sawyer's role and considering his highest placement in the League so far(after recovering from the salt), I'll say that XY was obviously the best series for me.

Are any of these really "unpopular opinions"?

I hated Orange Isalnds. Sue me, seemed like a poor replacement for the Kanto league. Plus, Drake's Dragonite had like 8 moves and it lost to a Pikachu.

And that Pikachu was version 1 Chubbychu, the second version would be BW Chubbychu

Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    I hated Orange Isalnds. Sue me, seemed like a poor replacement for the Kanto league. Plus, Drake's Dragonite had like 8 moves and it lost to a Pikachu.

And that Pikachu was version 1 Chubbychu
    I think this post and the last post are fairly popular opinions...Maldread is right.

Here's an actually unpopular opinion, I think Team Flare was a good villainous organization, especially in Pokémon Y. They had an E4 member in their group and Lysandre was practically a Pokémon world version of Hitler.
    Last edited by ThePokemonmaster11; 12th January 2017 at 5:25 AM.
    Pokeshipping Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    This.

OP Pikachu
    OPikachu more like

I think this post and the last post are fairly popular opinions...Maldread is right.
    I thought people liked Orange Islands?

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonBattleFanatic- View Post
    John Cena is the most failed top guy in WWE/F history

A.J. Styles>>>>>>>>>John Cena
    Dude Love/Mankind/Cactus Jack etc... > every wrestler

Back to Pokémon:
    - Serena was the strongest Pokegirl in terms of mentality and had better development
    - I actually liked Max > Bonnie

Credit for the banner goes to Satomine Night!
    - Also a member of Serena The Kalos Queen Fan Club, Serena4ever!

Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast