Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!! (953)

Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post

As for the battle, not a whole lot of strategy going on but a clean sweep, plus a Rowlett victory and some nice z move animation makes it a solid first.
    Really? The Smokescreen from Bubble-beam and Pikachu opening up Hariyama by attacking it's feet where both vital to winning. Heck, the last one was even a nice throwback to AG.
    Last edited by phanpycross; 12th January 2017 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    True, but Pikachu being slightly winded is cause for concern, considering the other effect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Fair enough but that doesn't really address the complaint of Pikachu barely being affected by a hit from that
    Given how Pikachu dodged MOST of the attack, I'm going to assume that Pikachu wasn't hit with the move's full power and thus didn't lose that much damage.

Had Pikachu been directly hit, I think it would have been a one-hit KO.

On the other hand, Ash aiming for Hariyama's legs caused it to lose its balance, allowing Pikachu's Breakneck Blitz to be a direct hit.

And people thought that Ash was going to lose, SMH. He swept Hala.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

Imgur.com

Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    Really now? The Smokescreen from Bubble-beam and Pikachu opening up Hariyama by attacking it's feet where both vital to winning.
    There was some, it's adequate for a first "major" match, just me hoping things get more intense as the saga progresses

Rowlet gets its win! Pikachu's Z-move finishing Haryama! Ash sweeping Hala! What more can I ask from an episode? 20/10, and I'm serious.
    A match made in heaven!

Imgur.com

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Rowlet gets its win! Pikachu's Z-move finishing Haryama! Ash sweeping Hala! What more can I ask from an episode? 20/10, and I'm serious.
    How about not explaining when Ash learnt the Z-move >.< considering it...you know...won the match.
    When the squad has had just about enough of your ****

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Chitoge (Moon)

How about not explaining when Ash learnt the Z-move >.< considering it...you know...won the match.
    It DID explain. Kukui was about to teach Ash the dance until Ash stopped him and told him that he already researched it and practiced it on his own before the day of the Grand Trial. Rotomdex and Pikachu then confirm the same, impressing Kukui.

Is it possible they didn't reset Pikachu this gen? Looks like Pikachu is at the same level as it was in Kalos League, beating two pseudos in a battle.

Mokuroh is something else. Didn't expected it to get a win here and it did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye Cruiser View Post
    It DID explain. Kukui was about to teach Ash the dance until Ash stopped him and told him that he already researched it and practiced it on his own before the day of the Grand Trial. Rotomdex and Pikachu then confirm the same, impressing Kukui.
    While I love that Ash did training by himself, I still wish we saw it on-screen.

Well, at least they acknowledged it.

Well, whatever, but the Z-move worked and that's what all matters.

I did express a lot of negative opinions about the series before it started, and now I admit that I was wrong. Though I don't like Ash's character design and attitude in this series, his battle competence has amazed me. And his companions/classmates has been very likeable.
    A match made in heaven!

Imgur.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kaye Cruiser View Post
    Ooh I need to Japanese better

Glad to see he's taking them seriously. Kiawe will be impressed.

For the first big battle of Sun & Moon it was really good and seeing Ash clean sweep someone was nice.

Why everyone confused at Pikachu's Z move? ASH GOT THE NORMAL Z CRYSTAL LAST EPISODE, PIKACHU JUST USED NORMAL Z POWERED QUICK ATTACK

Whoa whoa whoa, hold the phone. Did the writers decide not to reset Pika for once? And that callback to that Brawly battle back in AG was brilliant. Hopefully we get to see counter shield used again.

Still waiting for Ash Ketchum to win the league..... and also Liverpool FC (MAARTIAAAALLLL!!! 3-1!)

GGMU!!!

I'm going to put my uneasiness that I had with this battle down to watching a garbage video (because it cut out how Rowlet beat Crabrawler for no reason yet kept some ads). Still it felt oddly slow even considering that, I guess? It was only two match ups because bloody Rowlet fell to sleep which was... random. Just like Rowlet's personality basically. Although that's more derpy.

So no rematch like seemingly everyone thought/wanted to happen, where does that leave us?

Tapu Koko really wants Ash to use Gigavolt Havoc, and to get rid of Sophocles' claim to fame from the games... You poor soul.

Crabrawler is way smaller than I imagined lol. While I can understand the idea of Hala boosting Hariyama's Attack before he launches All-Out Pummeling why couldn't he just do that at the start? The amount of hits Pikachu took before then was quite hefty, would've sent him to the next dimension had he done it.

Would appreciate Rotomdex getting half the lines it does.

I don't want to really rate it until I get a better viewing of it, feels weird right now.

Great action, I was on the edge of my seat! Now, onto the good points/episode surprises:

-Ash featured on the newspaper (with the same shy face Clemont had in the party picture. I knew Ash can be a bit shy!) I can't take Alolan Rattata and Raticate's mug shots seriously, they're just too funny!! Like someone put a moustache on a rat and a gerbil in replace of the real guys who committed this heinous crime. And Prof Kukui basically hid the remaining 2 police officers (one of them got only half of their body there) The Growlithe Pokémon food box is cute. Both Rockruff and Pikachu are in a hurry to eat.

-Ash and Hala trying to bring Tapu Koko to them? It's definitely watching their battle.

-Prof Kukui as referee! Neat traditional battle opener

-Rowlet got thrashed around but I knew it had a few tricks up its sleeve. Rowlet was so cute sneaking up behind Ash with a happy face, lets use it to our advantage.

-Rowlet got a win!!! You go Rowlet! I thought Crabrawler was gonna be more rough and take you down but you did well. Rowlet whistling like that's gonna calm it down lol.

-Rowlet sleeping while flying... AHAHAHA!!!!

-Hariyama can lift 10 tons?

-Hala's impressive combo attacks

-DAMN! Pikachu is getting man slapped! DAMN! Pikachu is fast! DAMNNN!! Hala is flexible!

-Hala's Z move formation with Hariyama is incredible! Look at that burning passion! It's like their bond is physically surged into Hariyama.

-Pikachu sure is quick and he can sure endure a tough hit.

-Ash Pikachu Z move incoming!! Fire the Pika bullet GO!!!

-Hariyama got blasted off the stadium like it was Team Rocket!!

-Ash won!!!!

-Rotomdex's reactions!

-Tapu Koko switched out the Z Crystal (Hala's surprised face )

-More Prof Kukui supporting Ash and he's gonna help him.

-Love the little party with Ash's classmates. Mamane is hogging all the pizza, Mao chan and Lana are talking while Ash and Kiawe are there, and Lillie is holding the egg, not keeping it out of her sight!

-Foreshadowing Ash v Tapu Koko battle?!

Bad points:

-Rowlet wasn't in the victory pose... AGAIN!!

-Why is it that toenails are drawn but not fingernails? ... Okay aside from when Prof Kukui was holding the newspaper.

-I kind of wish the battles were a little bit longer but they were really good

-Why is Officer Jenny's belt sideways? Is it slipping?!

Good episode. Very action packed but it wasn't too serious. Ash & Pikachu's way of reacting (like their movements and expressions) sold the episode and it wasn't over the top. I am so glad Rowlet had just as much screentime as Pikachu and got a win.
    Last edited by satopi; 12th January 2017 at 11:55 AM.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

This clearly proves; Pikachu and Rowlet-> Ash-Greninja

It was good episode, amazing battle. Second best episode so far.

So apparently the DP music was actually a remix from Movie 17 titled "Carne vs. Ganpi," (Diantha vs. Wikstrom in English). Was still a great throwback though. Can't wait to watch this ep subbed

Quote Originally Posted by CMButch View Post
    This clearly proves; Pikachu and Rowlet-> Ash-Greninja

It was good episode, amazing battle. Second best episode so far.
    The mons Satoshi Gekkouga fought were much bigger threats than Hala's Crabrawler and Hariyama lol.
    Last edited by BlazeKnight7; 12th January 2017 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlazeKnight7 View Post
    The mons Satoshi Gekkouga fought were much bigger threats than Hala's Crabrawler and Hariyama lol.
    No. Rowlet fought him and fell asleep like; "I can beat Hariyama so easily, but I will let Pikachu do it, because he's mascot".

Quote Originally Posted by CMButch View Post
    No. Rowlet fought him and fell asleep like; "I can beat Hariyama so easily, but I will let Pikachu do it, because he's mascot".
    Rowlet just didn't wanna put in the effort. He figured "I can beat Hariyama, but I'm tired from fighting the other guy, and seems like a bit too much effort to fight Hariyama so I'll let Pikachu do it"

On a serious tangent, I hope now Ash has won we haven't seen the last of Hala. Granted we'll probably go to Akala soon but I wouldn't want him to become forgotten.

Mega Sceptile and Mega Abomasnow were definitely weaker than Crabawler and Haryama lol. Anyway I can't understand this joke posts.
    Crabralwer is, but Peakyama is not, that's why Rowlet fell asleep because he let Pikachu do it, because Pikachu needs a battle. Equality, bro.
    There's a meaning behind them.

Mukuroh getting a kill and getting withdrawn due to falling asleep is the best thing ever.

I forgot another bad point:

-No reference to Hau
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Are you trolling or what? This battle was a great battle, Ash swept Hala, but comparing these Pokemon to Megas is laughable. This Pokemon aren't even nearly strong as Heidayu's Bisharp, whom Ash-Greninja OHKO'd in the first episode it happened.
    What. No, Peakyama is way stronger than Heidayu's Bisharp , he can create shockwaves from his hands by waving them. He can lift a truck and throw hid mid-diff.A-G can't even pick up a boulder. Hariyama hits A-G and he faints, simple as that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast