Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Results 201 to 217 of 217

Thread: Will the Z-Move Work?! Challenging the Grand Trial!! (953)

  1. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    What on Earth makes you think that? How did Hala look like someone using a Z move for the first time? LMAO
    Probably has to do with the fact that the move didn't outright slaughter Pikachu. Not even a scratch was left.


    ~ Rabbid Mario: Watch out, we have a badass over here. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

  2. #202
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,282

    Default

    probably because Pikachu actually dodged most of those blows, if more than 1 had made contact Pikachu probably would've lost, but it didn't take the full impact of the move.

  3. #203
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    13,185

    Default

    Pretty much as Zard said. Pikachu did not take the complete blow, it was pretty obvious, not sure how you guys missed it.

    Pikachu mostly avoiding a Z-move does not equal Hala looking like a beginner, I don't even comprehend what sort of logic would lead you to make that statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

    Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

  4. #204

    Default

    There was absolutely no tension to this match. Let's be honest. The writers were too nice to Ash this time.


    ~ Rabbid Mario: Watch out, we have a badass over here. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

  5. #205
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    4,894

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    There was absolutely no tension to this match. Let's be honest. The writers were too nice to Ash this time.
    Maybe it was more on the easy side for Ash than it should have beem, but I wouldn't agree that there was no tension at all. Both Rowlet and Pikachu had trouble landing hits and kept on getting beat up on until Ash managed to find a strategy to turn things around. Yes, it was technically a sweep (though one could argue that Rowlet was too exhausted to battle any further, and therefore rendered unable to battle by Crabrawler), but it wasn't an easy sweep.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  6. #206
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Distant Valhalla
    Posts
    13,185

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    There was absolutely no tension to this match. Let's be honest. The writers were too nice to Ash this time.
    Let's be honest. Opinion =/= fact. You're old enough to know that.
    Quote Originally Posted by phanpycross View Post
    I feel like this fandom idolizes Ash way too much. It was bad before, but with XY and S&M it feels like it has reached a whole new level. It's like every person that doesnt outright dislike him is obviously obsessed with with him, and every person who does him wrong is evil incarnate.

    Living through other people is unhealthy; living through fictional 10-year olds that are stuck in a timeloop is super unhealthy.

  7. #207
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,294

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    What on Earth makes you think that? How did Hala look like someone using a Z move for the first time? LMAO
    Probably wrong choice of words there, but my point still remains that a Belly Drum All Out Pummeling was so easily dodged by Pikachu, and the fact Ash was perfectly able to execute Breakneck Blitz, a new type of technique for him so easily just made the battle seem anti climatic.
    Last edited by Akkipeddi; 22nd May 2017 at 8:16 AM.

  8. #208
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    4,894

    Default

    I think we can all at least agree that there at least should have been an episode dedicated to Ash mastering Breakneck Blitz in between the Trial and Grand Trial episodes.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  9. #209
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    the Pokémon Fight Club in SM15
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    The Grand Trials are the Gyms of this generation. And we also finished a trial the episode prior.

    We're effectively 1/4 done with this quest.
    So do you mean that the reason my comparison fails is because I should have compared the episode numbers of Gym 2 from previous sagas instead of Gym 1?

    Because based on your first sentence "Grand Trials are Gyms" that's basically what I said so I don't see how that's contradicting me

    Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    Probably wrong choice of words there, but my point still remains that a Belly Drum All Out Pummeling was so easily dodged by Pikachu, and the fact Ash was perfectly able to execute Breakneck Blitz, a new type of technique for him so easily just made the battle seem anti climatic.
    Neither Ash nor Pikachu has been reset this saga, which is a good thing

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I think we can all at least agree that there at least should have been an episode dedicated to Ash mastering Breakneck Blitz in between the Trial and Grand Trial episodes.
    Agreed

  10. #210
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    England, UK
    Posts
    833

    Default

    I wasn't expecting Ash to win this one. I thought that all out pummelling was going to be the end for him.

    Overall, I thought the battle was good. Rowlet took some time to work out Crabrawler but in the end used it's speed to take it out and it did make me laugh that it fell asleep afterwards. I just hope that trait doesn't linger as I think that could begin to tarnish certain battles. Then the build to the climax was excellent and as I said earlier was fully expecting Ash to lose but he turned it around with a quick attack dodge and a breakneck blitz. However, I do agree that it was strange that Ash all of a sudden mastered breakneck blitz.

    Good episode, onto the next one!
    Loves every part of pokemon, loves the movies, the anime and every game, so you could call me fan lol.

    Apparently i'm a...



    Favourite Pokemon: but i like them all

  11. #211
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    outskirts of Wylie Texas
    Posts
    1,660

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Welcome to the "Let's Glorify Ash" half-hour. First off, your diploma for saving our food (that we don't share with certain Pokemon)! Don't go thinking we hand these over to every Grand Trial challenger!
    I'm sure they'd happily share food with the Rattata and Raticate. What they won't do is let them eat basically whole crops and cause havoc while doing so.

    Quote Originally Posted by LilligantLewis View Post
    Neither Ash nor Pikachu has been reset this saga, which is a good thing
    Hala even lampshades this when he states he could feel how experienced Ash was during the battle with Pikachu. I'd wager if he had known this ahead of time he might have brought stronger members of his team (we know form the games that the kahunas usually don't use their stronger team members during grand trials).

    Regardless that Breakneck Blitz was a thing of beauty.
    The defender of all things Pokemon!

  12. #212
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    At my exact coordinates
    Posts
    1,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    Hala even lampshades this when he states he could feel how experienced Ash was during the battle with Pikachu. I'd wager if he had known this ahead of time he might have brought stronger members of his team (we know form the games that the kahunas usually don't use their stronger team members during grand trials).

    Regardless that Breakneck Blitz was a thing of beauty.
    I still think Hariyama is probably his strongest in the anime, seeing as Ash used Pikachu to defeat it (who hasn't been reset since Gen 5 anyway).
    Hey, the new subs I found do use Snowball. I win.

    I enjoy writing.

    Some people want to blend into the crowd.
    Some people want to stand out from the crowd.
    I want to be the crowd.

    Staying off Serebii on 9/21 until I can watch the episode personally.


    Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

  13. #213
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    111

    Default

    I am still just wondering why Tapu Koko switched the Fightinium Z with Electrium Z. Is this because Ash doesn't have a Pokemon which can use Fightinium Z?

  14. #214
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The road to Viridian City
    Posts
    2,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JLK2707 View Post
    I am still just wondering why Tapu Koko switched the Fightinium Z with Electrium Z. Is this because Ash doesn't have a Pokemon which can use Fightinium Z?
    That's probably one (meta) reason Tapu Koko switched Fightinium-Z for Electrium-Z. The other (meta) reason is probably so that Pikachu, Ash's signature Pokémon, would be able to use Gigavolt Havoc (the Z-Move of his typing) earlier on the series, rather than having to wait until the Hokulani Observatory on Ula'Ula Island.

    (Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Request a banner from Studio Satomine Graphics
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Suspicious Classmates | Laugh Together | Got Nassy? | Edgelord Smash


  15. #215
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1rkhachatryan View Post
    I gotta say, I'm really loving Hala's English voice actor, he did a great job .
    Hala's VA is a guy named Ryan Andes. He seems to be new to the voice cast since he doesn't seem to have any previous credits.
    not sure what to put here
    twitter | tumblr

  16. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OshyHikari View Post
    Hala's VA is a guy named Ryan Andes. He seems to be new to the voice cast since he doesn't seem to have any previous credits.
    I'm expecting him to become a great voice actor...that will eventually leave this dubbing company. Ha ha.


    ~ Rabbid Mario: Watch out, we have a badass over here. ~

    Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

  17. #217
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    the Pokémon Fight Club in SM15
    Posts
    327

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OshyHikari View Post
    Hala's VA is a guy named Ryan Andes. He seems to be new to the voice cast since he doesn't seem to have any previous credits.
    How are you finding out all these VAs for old episodes all at the same time?
    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonKnight View Post
    Good grief, did XY and XYZ steal your wallet, burn down your house and take your lollipop?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •