Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728

Thread: 10 episode mark, your thoughts now vs first thoughts

IMO the Totem and Hala battles somewhat solidifies that Rowlet will evolve all the way into Robinhoot.

I just hope Rowlet doesn't change for the worst when he does evolve. Personality seems to change sometimes with Pokémon but at least Pokémon like Bayleef and Ambipom didn't change. :,)
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

We need more Gliscors, Bayleefs, and Ambipoms in this anime anyway. Pokemon that evolve and still retain a quirky personality of some sort.

I don't expect Rowlet to remain an airhead if it evolves, but that doesn't mean it still can't have an interesting or fun personality.

~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~

If Gligar, Chikorita, and Aipom could retain their fun personalities upon evolving, then I say so can Rowlet! Even if Dartrix's or Decidueye's personality is not exactly the same as Rowlet's (as Golden_Latias suggested, it might not retain its airheadedness upon evolving), it can be still a fun, quirky owl with an entertaining personality.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Latest signature banner available

I hope Rowlet does retain most of it's airheaded personality because it can be quite humorous at times hehe. However, if it does evolve, I don't think we'll see it sleeping in Ash's backpack anymore, it might be a bit too heavy for Ash to lug around (however he did just hold up Mallow in the last episode) and I'm not sure if it'll fit in there.

Credit for the banner goes to Satomine Night!
    - Also a member of Serena The Kalos Queen Fan Club, Serena4ever!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel31 View Post
    I hope Rowlet does retain most of it's airheaded personality because it can be quite humorous at times hehe. However, if it does evolve, I don't think we'll see it sleeping in Ash's backpack anymore, it might be a bit too heavy for Ash to lug around (however he did just hold up Mallow in the last episode) and I'm not sure if it'll fit in there.
    Now all I can think of is Mallow stuffed awkwardly in Ash's backpack. XD

So far by now, the SM Anime is not that bad in the story plot department. Everything flows in a logical structure, and hopefully there isn't much meaningless filler episode that you can just ignore.

However, despite it does had its pros, still its cons outweigh it.

1) I'm bored!!! Yes, this is one very important opinion. You may say there isn't much filler episodes, therefore every important episodes are "fillerfied", the overall story seems too daily sitcom slapstick for my liking. Previously I enjoy Pokemon Anime as a comedic adventure anime, not current this sitcom slapstick. This bores me out.
    2) Those exaggerated facial expressions of Shocked! Surprised! Amazed! Dumbfounded! Disgusted! Angered! Irritated! Furious! etc et cetera. Every time any characters, especially Ash and TRio gave off those faces, it really sicken me like the situation of sitting with a bunch of living centipede caterpillar beetle spider all around you. (-_-)|||
    3) The visual and graphics. Already 18 episodes, but I'm still not getting used to it. To say the current art style is "simplified", more correctly speaking it should be "stupefied". The current anime artwork doesn't feel like it was drawn by professional veteran illustrators, it feels like it was drawn by newbie art college students or even preschoolers. I don't care what new animation technology OLM had implanted in SM, when the artwork quality itself is so bad, the fluent animation won't make it compensate the overall bad visuals.
    4 The overall atmosphere. Due to 2) and 3), Pokemon SM doesn't felt like a comedic adventure anime for everyone in the family as it was like previously. It is now feel more like a gag slapstick fantasy for kindergarteners.

To be fair, rather than saying its cons outweigh pros, Pokemon Anime had already changed to a show of complete different genre that is no more my preference. If looking at it from a slapstick gag comedy viewpoint, it is not that bad. But for me where I wasn't looking for slapstick gag in Pokemon nor I never hoping it becomes one, of course it is cons for me everywhere.

BTW, when the time I'm posting this post, I had also vow to leave Pokemon Anime. Although I'm still interest in the upcoming M20, but I'm not going to watch the TV series until SM saga had finally finished. When a show doesn't entertain me and is no more my preference, why should I still stick to it? In any case, it was not like I watch it frequently, I skipped a lot even in the XY saga. So it doesn't make a big difference for me of not watching this show. I don't even think TV Tokyo will mind about one out-of-target-demographic audience had gone forever.

Good bye, Pokemon Anime. Thanks for all the entertainment for all these years. I'll not come back again if status quo still exist within this show. (Though even if status quo is broken, I think I'll then become too old for this preschooler show)
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこに始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal View Post
    So far by now, the SM Anime is not that bad in the story plot department. Everything flows in a logical structure, and hopefully there isn't much meaningless filler episode that you can just ignore.
    Not really, has not advanced much in the plot (so far) and much of the story that is talked about are based on speculation of the own fandom that specific facts presented in the anime. The truth regarding the trmas that have been used in SM are the same that have already been used in previous seasons. Thinking about it, SM is not different from the other saga, it only changes the location and characters (which is a negative point). Well, maybe for the second part SM if it differs from the other sagas.

Hey Crystal, it's a bit sad that you're leaving but I can understand your reasoning. If it's not entertaining you and it isn't your type of show/taste, that's understandable. Hope to see you in the next saga but if not, well, enjoy your time away from the forums! Enjoy your day and at least you bother in leaving something that isn't your taste instead of complaining about it to us, people who enjoy this show, constantly.

Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by desdar300 View Post
    IMO the Totem and Hala battles somewhat solidifies that Rowlet will evolve all the way into Robinhoot.
    This doesn't mean anything. Rowlet can still remain unevolved or evolve into Dartrix and stay that way. We'll have to wait and see.
    I made it to Alola! I'm having so much fun here!

Quote Originally Posted by RileyXY1 View Post
    This doesn't mean anything. Rowlet can still remain unevolved or evolve into Dartrix and stay that way. We'll have to wait and see.
    Shouldn't the description for its evolved form give us a clue for how Rowlet could be like when/if he evolves?

Quote Originally Posted by satoharupika View Post
    Shouldn't the description for its evolved form give us a clue for how Rowlet could be like when/if he evolves?
    Well, we already have a precedent with Oshawott where he had a very good participation in the first gym but did not reflect the same performance later and did not meet the expectations in the end. It would be very bad if he repeated himself with Rowlet but no way.

Quote Originally Posted by satoharupika View Post
    Both Dartrix and Decidueye are just as birdbrained as Rowlet:

Quote Originally Posted by Sun entry for Dartrix
    A bit of a dandy, it spends its free time preening its wings. Its preoccupation with any dirt on its plumage can leave it unable to battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon entry for Decidueye
    Although basically cool and cautious, when it's caught by surprise, it's seized by panic.
    That's why I don't think there will be any problem with Rowlet retaining a comical personality even if it fully evolves. It might not be as airheaded, but it can still have a fun, quirky personality. In fact, I think it would be rather funny to have this bad***, fully evolved owl that's still the comic relief.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Latest signature banner available

Yeah, this is why I don't mind Rowlet evolving because it can become both a powerhouse and remain a comical character.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    Yeah, this is why I don't mind Rowlet evolving because it can become both a powerhouse and remain a comical character.
    Agreed. As long as it isn't Litten that fully evolves. It just gives me Goodra/Ash-Greninja vibes if it fully evolves into Incineroar, and that's not good at all imho, plus I don't care much for it's design at all xD

Didn't Rowlet technically do good in the second gym too, Totem Gumshoos=first gym, Kahuna Hala=Second Gym
    Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Ash has caught:

Spoiler:- Evolution for Pokemon Ash has caught:

Pokemon I think Ash is likely to catch: Litten 5/5
    Pokemon I think Ash might catch: Dewpider 3/5, Jangmo-o 3/5, Alolan Sandshrew 3/5, Grubbin 2/5, Crabrawler 2/5, Mudbray 2/5, Passimian 2/5, Wimpod 2/5, Drampa 2/5.
    Evolution of Pokemon I think Ash might catch: Incineroar 3/5, Araquanid 3/5, Kommo-o 3/5, Alolan Sandslash 3/5, Vikavolt 3/5, Crabominable 2/5, Mudsdale 2/5, Golisopod 3/5.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything12 View Post
    Didn't Rowlet technically do good in the second gym too, Totem Gumshoos=first gym, Kahuna Hala=Second Gym
    Yeah, good performance so far, but it needs to keep doing well. As we all know, Oshawott also did really well in its first gym battle against Pansage.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!

DeviantArt

Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Yeah, good performance so far, but it needs to keep doing well. As we all know, Oshawott also did really well in its first gym battle against Pansage.
    hopefully they realize that the gag pokemon works a lot better when it's with a companion or just non-existent. They should have learned from Chespin last series that people wanted him to grow up! His gags got super old.
    Maybe this time since the comedy is there with everyone, they won't rely on an annoying gag pokemon and will let them all be themselves.

my expectation is that rowlet will stay a rowlet and litten will fully evolve into incineroar and be ash's ace.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 182425262728