Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 1460

Thread: Sun & Moon, your thoughts now vs first thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I really don't get the logic with axing the AF. It's not like the game was some dark brooding Final Fantasy game from the get go. It gradually got darker like a good plot should.
    Maybe because the games try to appeal for both children and adults, the anime only appeals for children.
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    I really don't get the logic with axing the AF. It's not like the game was some dark brooding Final Fantasy game from the get go. It gradually got darker like a good plot should.
    I'm hoping this is the route the anime takes, as well--as the material gradually gets darker, so does the tone of the series. As I said earlier, when the tone starts to get darker, then the comedy will probably feel like a welcome relief. The tone doesn't have to get a lot darker; it just needs to change enough to fit the Aether arc.

Quote Originally Posted by SinnohEevee View Post
    Maybe because the games try to appeal for both children and adults, the anime only appeals for children.
    Even though the games appeal to both children and adults, the games still need to be child-friendly. One thing I liked about the Aether arc in the games was the bit of subtlety to its darkness. It wasn't too dark for children to handle, but there were elements that most likely only adults would pick up on (such as the degree to which Lusamine is emotionally and psychologically abusive toward her children). While I expect the anime to make some changes, there is no need to drastically lighten the tone of the Aether arc, because it was never too dark for children to begin with.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Feel free to use this banner. Just credit me!
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Inferno Overkill | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

Quote Originally Posted by Satomine Night View Post
    I'm hoping this is the route the anime takes, as well--as the material gradually gets darker, so does the tone of the series. As I said earlier, when the tone starts to get darker, then the comedy will probably feel like a welcome relief. The tone doesn't have to get a lot darker; it just needs to change enough to fit the Aether arc.

Even though the games appeal to both children and adults, the games still need to be child-friendly. One thing I liked about the Aether arc in the games was the bit of subtlety to its darkness. It wasn't too dark for children to handle, but there were elements that most likely only adults would pick up on (such as the degree to which Lusamine is emotionally and psychologically abusive toward her children). While I expect the anime to make some changes, there is no need to drastically lighten the tone of the Aether arc, because it was never too dark for children to begin with.
    The games are kids-friendly, but they take older fans into consideration. The anime refuses to appeal to older fans even for stuff that wouldn't be bad for children.
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dephender View Post
    Why? People that dislike SM's tone are already acknowledging that SM is capable of having good episodes, it just has to drastically alter its tone to do so. And when both people that dislike SM and the people that like SM think these non-standard episodes are good... you kinda have to argue the show would probably be better off if it just permanently changed its tone to this one.
    If the show permanently changed its tone, and made everything serious, then episodes like the Stoutland one wouldn't have nearly as much impact and wouldn't stand out as much as they do right now. The beauty lies in the contrast.

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    If the show permanently changed its tone, and made everything serious, then episodes like the Stoutland one wouldn't have nearly as much impact and wouldn't stand out as much as they do right now. The beauty lies in the contrast.
    That was my logic when it came to Batman v. Superman. You need to have a light tone then transition or else Darkness Induced Audience Apathy might happen.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

"Momentai!"

"Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

It's not like SM is inserting random joke after joke to keep the interest of people and relying solely on it to get through an episode. I'm glad that joke doesn't take up the whole episode or derails the actual plot. The only person who seems to be relying on that is Principal Oak but in universe and out are aware that his puns are terrible and that guy doesn't show up that much. There's still a plot occurring in a filler episode and I would much prefer it if it gradually got more serious and dark in tone with some foreshadowing. It seems to be doing that with Lillie but for now, they seem to prioritize building up the home base, ahowing off the main characters, and enjoying the laidback slice of life aspect as long as it lasts. It's about time we explore Akala Island and learn about that island. But hey, at least Gladion appeared and we learned a bit about his history.
    Last edited by satopi; Today at 5:40 PM.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

I do prefer that the main characters are at a home base and not traveling constantly because it allows them to show off sides of their Personality and their daily habits better.

A change in tone comes anyway but should come gradually and still have some lighterhearted moments so it doesnt end up too bleak.

I think that in SM30 and up there are some certain things which might happen (trial or something else) because it all seems a 'littlen 'suspicious for me. (yeah.... and hope you unterstand my text. i dont speak english ^^)

Taking their time with the titles does not mean something major is going to happen in SM30-32. Last time this happened was SM20-21, and pretty much the only noteworthy event that happened in SM22-24 was Litten mastering Fire Fang.

That being said, I would love it if they did contain something noteworthy happening because I have no interest in the Morelull episode and want something else to talk about other than this conversation about how SM is the worst thing ever.

~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Taking their time with the titles does not mean something major is going to happen in SM30-32. Last time this happened was SM20-21, and pretty much the only noteworthy event that happened in SM22-24 was Litten mastering Fire Fang.

That being said, I would love it if they did contain something noteworthy happening because I have no interest in the Morelull episode and want something else to talk about other than this conversation about how SM is the worst thing ever.
    But what if the Morelull episode has something involving Lillie's character?
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    SM and BW>>>>>XY/Z and OS
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post

I'd consider Delia visiting noteworthy, and also the Team Skull appearance. I've always found Morelull rather cute, so I'll watch the episode whether or not there's anything plot-relevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    So...what's the likelihood of them keeping the nickname thing in the dub? Betting they'll go with Snowball if they decide to keep it.

Would you like to know whereabouts of the London Underground?

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859