Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem Heroes: Keep Rerolling til you make Roy your Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by bobjr View Post
    The Lunatic one looks like it was barely met, but it really wasn't advertised anywhere but Japan's social media.
    I noticed that the notice for Michalis is gone now

Which makes me think the NA & EU ads messed up. That the ad wasn't supposed to advertise the upcoming battle on the 24th, it was supposed to advertise the special 45 minute event.

e: Man the Cavalry mission is such a pain. There's so much that can go wrong. Infantry is a breeze because you get access to just about everything. Bows, Daggers, Healers, mages of all types, dancers (!), the full weapon triangle with a laundry list of good units. Assuming you have enough at high level its pretty easy to switch around and find a good team that works for you.

Cavalry are in general more limited, primarily physical, and the horse mages & healers are in shorter supply and general not as good (To make up for having a horse). It is really easy to get stonewalled by armors (or worse, DOUBLE HECTORS WITH A HEALER)
    Last edited by R_N; 20th March 2017 at 8:42 PM.

You think doing it with cavs is hard? There's no ranged armors or fliers as it stands, and there's only five armored units total. I'm not sure how much of a reality check IntSys had when they put those up.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.
        Spoiler:- ASB stuff:

Quote Originally Posted by Ironthunder View Post
    You think doing it with cavs is hard? There's no ranged armors or fliers as it stands, and there's only five armored units total. I'm not sure how much of a reality check IntSys had when they put those up.
    yeah the armor mission is absolutely absurd. Ignoring for one second how they can only move one, not every armor is created equally. As much as I like Draug, he has fallen off a cliff and even his amazing defense is offset by the tower throwing constant waves of enemies that can double you and have like 50+ attack while you do piddly damage in return. Effie is a giant wonderful beat stick with a good skill set, but has seemingly lower defenses to compensate. The one saving grace of an armor run is you get Hector, the counter attack king, but he is, as I've mentioned several times as I descend into madness, locked to 5 stars. Gwendolyn exists.

I'd argue that range isnt as much an issue for flying units just because they can ignore terrain and all the ones i have seem to have solid skill sets without bring in inheritance. At least they have herons in their future and arguably Aversa & Reina, but who knows when they'll exist.

I'dl ike it if they would mix things up for healers sometime. Like give offensive units access to the heal command, but maybe only ever the low level heals? That would give access to support falcon knights, let characters like Libra use their signature axes while doing the "monk" part of their title, etc

Wendy does get access to Hone Armor, which can be useful for getting Draug and Effie and Sheena the Atk they need to muscle through. But, this quest does seem designed to make you get creative with skill transfers, which is all based on luck anyway.

The real crime here is that the game demands you complete 15 of the fights. If it was brought down to 5, this would be a lot more feasible - not just because of the lower number, but because backing out of a map that went wrong won't make the sting of losing 9 Stamina hurt more knowing every victory is 20% through. Especially in a F2P game that has no means to directly acquire Stamina Potions to keep the slog going.

Wii U NNID: SonicBoom93

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Wendy does get access to Hone Armor, which can be useful for getting Draug and Effie and Sheena the Atk they need to muscle through. But, this quest does seem designed to make you get creative with skill transfers, which is all based on luck anyway.

The real crime here is that the game demands you complete 15 of the fights. If it was brought down to 5, this would be a lot more feasible - not just because of the lower number, but because backing out of a map that went wrong won't make the sting of losing 9 Stamina hurt more knowing every victory is 20% through. Especially in a F2P game that has no means to directly acquire Stamina Potions to keep the slog going.
    I think a decent compromise would have been 10 fights, but you can let someone die.

also there is my nintendo, at least. I can buy like...20 potions right now, if I wanted to. And I have like 12 of them in stock. Still you only get lets say 5 shots at it every potion?

6 per stamina gauge is feasible, since the recharge timer doesn't stop during the fights themselves.

It may just be ideal to check the 10th Stratum fight, see if the weapons there match favorably for your squad, and if they don't, go fight on Starter Stratum, get EXP for a healer for five minutes, and reset the lineups.

I've got 4/15 Armor fights completed. Ward Armor and Hone Armor truly do go a long way towards getting the fights done, even with 4* units. I also have a Wendy with Reposition on hand to to drag my second Wendy or Effie down if they're getting low on health, or if said Wendy is running low on health herself.

I suggest transferring a Brave Lance to Effie. You NEED to be able to drop at least one enemy in a single fight, so you don't get overwhelmed.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 21st March 2017 at 8:26 PM.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7hXK96VwAEnnx4.jpg

That took far longer than was necessary, but it's done. Reposition, Ward Armor, and Hone Armor saves lives.

Still have the infantry, fliers, and cavalier missions to wrap up, but those are potentially easier. Infantry because I have 4 5*s ready to go, Cav because I'll have a 5* healer in Priscilla serving as backup and Jagen supplying Hone Cavalry, and Fliers because Catria wins games on her own.

Infantry is loads easier, you should have no problems assuming you have even a smattering of decent units. And if you have something like Nino, Takumi or a dancer it's even easier.

I'd get around to grinding my armors and cavs up, and looking into what skills to pass along, but it makes more sense to save grind for april and whatever april quests bring. That way I can build up hero merits and start lowering promotion costs

Yeah, I finished the Infantry one just now. Pretty simple stuff. Now to get the Cavs and fliers to level 40 and work on them.

The Early Grand Battle Rewards are up, and now those 10 Stamina Potions can go toward completing the new Lunatic Quests. 20 orbs for completing the Lunatic Modes of all of Chapters 1, 5, and 9, in perfect runs. All chapters take a combined 251 Stamina Points, so you're either burning 5 Potions in one go, or you can space them out over the next two weeks.

I'm pretty close to amassing 100 orbs, but I'm saving them for when the next paralogue comes up.

I've heard many are saving lots of them for when Ike is finally released...

~ Wait, what was in that tea? ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - TLoZ: Breath of the Wild - Walkthrough

Yeah, I finished the Infantry one just now. Pretty simple stuff. Now to get the Cavs and fliers to level 40 and work on them.

The Early Grand Battle Rewards are up, and now those 10 Stamina Potions can go toward completing the new Lunatic Quests. 20 orbs for completing the Lunatic Modes of all of Chapters 1, 5, and 9, in perfect runs. All chapters take a combined 251 Stamina Points, so you're either burning 5 Potions in one go, or you can space them out over the next two weeks.
    goooodddddd, 9 will be a nightmare. At least you can cheese it with light blessings, i guess.

e: burned through some potions for all of chapters 1 & 5 (plus half of 1 again because I missed the special "use a ____" criteria) and 9-1.
    I now have up to 4% for a 5 star/ 5 star focus. I'm tempted to use my other 20 orbs now on it, since I have a good chance of getting something cool & I don't want it to go to waste but I really don't want that 4% chance of getting a Rebecca or Priscella.
    Last edited by R_N; 23rd March 2017 at 6:25 PM.

Some of these 9-x challenges are going to be hell. I haven't cleared any past 9-5 because my squad of Laslow/FCorn/Camilla/Hector kept getting whacked in 9-2. Although I did bump my Lilina to 5* so I'll try when I've got her up to level, and I already have Kagero sat in there. Might have Jaffar on the side ready for when there's armors I need to do 11 postcombat damage to. Did I mention Poison Touch Jaffar is bonkers? Mine only has the level 1 version too. If you can find the level 3 one, you're doing... I think it's close to 20 postcombat damage? Enough to threaten anything.
    Signature edited due to exceeding height limits. Please read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Dang, I was so close to beating the lunatic map with Azura, Takumi, Narcian & Eldigan. Narcian lures & kills the flying lance, lures Michalis down along with the flying sword, next turn takumi is below michalis to lure him over for free damage while azura is below the sword to take minimal damage and she can dance for narcian to send him out of harm's way and to the other lancer. Eldigan lures/attacks the cavalier. Then Azura moves to the left, kills the sword; Takumi with vengeance eats through most of michalis' HP; Elidigan attacks, killing him. All that's left is the cavalier!
    But Eldigan, after the fury penalty, was at 16 HP. Exactly enough for the last unit, a cavalier that elidgan would have killed in retaliation, to kill him.

He's only level 38 so I'm hoping that while I grind up his SP for Vantage 2 (I upgraded a Gordin) he might get an extra point of defense.

I wouldn't normally bother with this, but an extra Iote Shield, even if it costs an extra 2k feathers, is super good. The only shame is its an A Skill so it shares competition with darting/armored/killing blow and its ilk.
    e: also i find it so funny that the ONLY thing Michalis gets out of being a 5* is his special weapon. Everything else, even iote's shield, is tucked away in 4* I know it's pretty common for units like this but still

e2: took another three runs to get the strategy down pat (forgot to move takumi & azura over to the right to get the guys to come down properly) but level 40 Elidgan was able to survive the needed hit.
    Last edited by R_N; 24th March 2017 at 8:16 PM.

7/15 Cav fights done. Running a Stahl/Jagen/Gunter/Priscilla team.

I transferred the gemstone weapons to Jagen and Gunter to complement Stahl's Ruby Sword. Cavaliers have ho-hum stats anyway, so I chose to take advantage of their mobility to pick and choose the fights that give them the best advantage. If they're going to be doubled, may as well make it 0x2 as much as possible.

I promoted a second Gunter to 4* so Hone Cavalry could be transferred to Stahl, so now everyone runs on +6 Atk/Speed every turn, while Jagen supplies +6 Res/Def with Fortify Cavalry. Stahl has Dragon Gaze, Jagen has Swap, Desperation, and Chilling Wind to abuse his great Res, and Gunter has Night Sky and Lancebreaker.

Priscilla has Fear when fighting teams without staff users, Assault with them - Priscilla running on a Hone Cav boost can beat nearly any staff user that's not using Panic.

The team's been working good. Biggest issue is if a mage gets to Gunter first, but hey, Priscilla's Rehabilitate covers any other wounds, including Jagen's Fury penalties.

decided to just go for another roll on Blazing Shadows. I figure, a combined 8% chance is pretty good, and a 4% chance of a 5 star axe could be pretty sweet. 4% chance of getting a hector of sheena, basically!

I got a repeat 4 star Nino, 4 star Catria, 4 sstar Lachesis, 4 star Hawkeye (new), and a 4 star Kagero (new)
    on one hand, Kagero is a great pull and i'm sure i can find some new use (either skills or cutting costs) on the repeats (killer lance/luna combo, physic, etc)

on the other hand it is extremely silly to get 5 four star pulls and now my rates are 9.5%

I should have another set of 20 ready to go by Monday, which should also bring in a new set....I really dont want this chance to escape me, though.

My level 27 4-Star Florina sucks on the ATK department just at 24. I got another 4-Star Florina, and she's already at 20 ATK at level 8.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7ylirHVYAA5XQV.jpg

Wrapped it up fairly quickly. Fliers is the last one.

I have no Fliers with the Hone/Ward/Fortify buff skills, so this may be rough. Catria's a great anti-physical unit, but she can't do it alone. I'm considering transferring Rally Attack and Rally Defense to either Cordelia, Shanna, or Michalis, but I'd much prefer passive buffs so I don't have to use a turn. I'll think of something.

Gunter is an actually good character in this, right? I saw I had a 3 star from a while ago and I think I saw on one of the wikis he has one of the higher BSTs?
    I'll probably raise him up since he's got Hone Cavalry and is an axe user regardless, even if he's not ready to go he'll still be useful to slot in.

The Gunter I used was "neutral" natured. No boons, no banes. And I think that works for Gunter in these kinds of fights - he can't afford to take a hit thanks to that sluggish speed, and he goes down immediately to mages, but he needs to be dealing damage, sooo

He's kind of like a support version of Catria. Can deliver physical blows with Armored Blow, and has Harsh Command and Hone Cavalry when his offense job is done.

Gunter's a unit who would like to be using the Hone Cavalry boost he himself is giving. If you have a second Gunter, and/or someone to pass that Gunter's Hone Cav to, he can do work, especially on Lance users.

The Gunter I used was "neutral" natured. No boons, no banes. And I think that works for Gunter in these kinds of fights - he can't afford to take a hit thanks to that sluggish speed, and he goes down immediately to mages, but he needs to be dealing damage, sooo

He's kind of like a support version of Catria. Can deliver physical blows with Armored Blow, and has Harsh Command and Hone Cavalry when his offense job is done.

Gunter's a unit who would like to be using the Hone Cavalry boost he himself is giving. If you have a second Gunter, and/or someone to pass that Gunter's Hone Cav to, he can do work, especially on Lance users.
    Sadly looks like my Gunter is on the low attack bane. Still, will see how he turns out once he gets into the late 30s.

And I got enough orbs for one last set of pulls and grabbed a 5 star Ninian. I got greedy after that though and was punished with another 3 star Eliwood and 3 star Matthew. Should have just saved the orbs for the next round pulls

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    I got greedy after that though and was punished with another 3 star Eliwood and 3 star Matthew. Should have just saved the orbs for the next round pulls
    Punished? More like you got more SP potential for lower stars.

Another update to the game will add manual position, and EXP increase for units that aren't 5 stars. The lower, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Punished? More like you got more SP potential for lower stars.

Another update to the game will add manual position, and EXP increase for units that aren't 5 stars. The lower, the better.
    EXP increase. Not SP increase. I already have three star eliwoods and matthews (Plural!). It's also completely trivial to get units up to level 20 for promotion as-is and the level 20 -> promote -> level 40 loop is already enough to buy out all of your skills and still get some left over. Possibly more than you'll ever use, depending on the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by R_N View Post
    EXP increase. Not SP increase. I already have three star eliwoods and matthews (Plural!). It's also completely trivial to get units up to level 20 for promotion as-is and the level 20 -> promote -> level 40 loop is already enough to buy out all of your skills and still get some left over. Possibly more than you'll ever use, depending on the unit.
    Unless you're one of those who promote the moment they hit lvl. 20, the lower stars can easily get more SP than a fresh 5-star.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    Unless you're one of those who promote the moment they hit lvl. 20, the lower stars can easily get more SP than a fresh 5-star.
    Ok, yes, because you have to go through an extra 40-80 levels to get from 3 stars to 5 stars. But you also have to pay out 22,000 feathers for this.

And there is no reason to go to level 40 then promote for...anyone, ever. My Nino is 4 stars from day 1 and had almost 950 SP by the time i started finally giving her skills and she STILL has like 350 of those last I checked. Same goes for most of my 4 & 5 stars who never promoted. Some units probably dont even necessarily want all their skills. Like maybe some 3 star unit that has big big 4-5 star plans with a wishlist of super expensive skills? But those certainly dont describe wasting that time on Matthew.

more to the point i have absolutely 0 interest in ever raising an eliwood or matthew even if i didn't already have multiples of each before pulling more of them. Matthew will exist more to pass on poison strike than anything worthwhile.

I'm considering trying to make a passive-damage overload Jaffar. Current setup is Deathly Dagger/???/Glimmer/???/Poison Strike/Threaten Speed. Looking for input on what to switch the ???s for. And no I'm not doing Life and Death, I'd very much like Jaffar to not die from there being a ranged enemy on the map. (For reference LaD 3 puts Jaffar to 20 Def/Res each)

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast