Thread: 3rd Generation Shiny Thread

Default 3rd Generation Shiny Thread

Hey y'all!

I thought this would be a fun thread to create to remember the last generation without method hunting for shinies. I am currently hunting for Clefairy at the Celadon Game Corner and I'm sitting at 600 SR's. What shinies have you hunted for in RSE and FRLG and what are you currently hunting for? (if any).

I don't hunt for shinies per se but I have come across and caught the following on my Hoenn travels: Grimer, Pidgeotto & Primeape
    Currently playing : Fire Red - Play time: 360 hours 23 minutes, 209 owned, 252 seen, 3 shinies

Update: I have hit 1000 in my hunt for Clefairy

If you want to discuss your current shiny hunts, you should use the General Shiny Thread in the general Pokémon discussion forum, which covers all generations and was made for this purpose.
    EDIT: I see you have posted in that thread before. So yeah, posting about your active hunts in that thread is the way to go.

Using this thread to talk about the shinies you've already found/caught on your Gen 3 games is fine, though.

As for me, I have caught a shiny Whismur and Swablu on RSE. I encountered a shiny Lombre on Emerald once, too, but a weak attack somehow knocked it out...
    Never found a shiny on FRLG, iirc.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 12th February 2017 at 1:58 AM.
    >>// \\<<

I never hunted for shinies in Gen 3 (or in any other generation), but I did meet a few random shinies in my 3rd Gen games. They were the following:

Ruby: Duskull, which I later evolved into Dusclops.
    Sapphire: None, the only 3rd Gen game where I never met a shiny.
    FireRed: Tentacool, Pidgeotto and Tangela. The Pidgeotto made me happy because it felt like a good compensation for the shiny Pidgeotto I failed at catching in Gen 2.
    LeafGreen: Met a Tentacool here as well, not too exciting since it was a repeat shiny.
    Emerald: Poochyena, Oddish, Whismur and Spinda.

I met quite many shinies on Gen 3 compared to some other generations. Notably Gen 4 where I have only met a total of 3 random shinies. I guess this was one of my luckier generations when it comes to random shinies.
    September Blue, Thy sorrows be forgotten
    October Auburn, Let this season pass
    November Gray, Restore with thy rain
    December White, Thy beauty ever last

I remember randomly encountering the following shinies in Generation III games:
    FireRed:My first shiny encounter was a Pidgey on Route 8, but I ended up defeating it because I didn't know about shinies back then. Later, I encountered a shiny Ponyta on Kindle Road and managed to catch it. Lastly, I ran into a shiny Parasect in Cerulean Cave, but destroyed it thanks to a critical hit.
    LeafGreen: Caught a bright green Tangela on Route 21.
    Ruby: A Koffing in Fiery Path and a Mawile in Cave of Origins. Caught both of them.
    Sapphire: Caught a green Taillow on Route 115.
    Emerald: Caught an orange Zigzagoon on Route 118.
    I also remember encountering a shiny Sandshrew in Fallarbor Battle Tent and shiny Dewgong, Feraligatr and Misdreavus as rental Pokemon in Battle Factory.

Although I've tried hunting for shinies in these games, I've only ever gotten random encounters. I caught Golbat, Caterpie and Spearow in LeafGreen, and Whismur in Emerald.

My most recent shiny in Generation III is a Meowth, which I caught in Sevault Canyon in FireRed.

I've caught several gen 3 shinies since it's probably my favorite generation. They include pidgey, pinsir, Abra, treecko, mudkip, zubat, trapinch, kyogre, regice, and possibly a few others I may be forgetting.

Current Shiny Hunt:

I've been SR'ing for a shiny Charmander in FR and I got it after 1,500 SR's, and I was so overjoyed! Now it is a Shiny Charizard

I have a total of 5 3rd gen shinies. Hopefully soon to be 6. I'm currently hunting for a nidoran in the safari zone entrance and for an unown p in Dilford Chamber.
    My RSE shinies are:
    My FRLG shinies are:
    Oh and if you guys know any cool hunts, please tell me!!!
    Good luck on all your hunts!
    Last edited by Peavey308; 23rd May 2017 at 11:27 PM.

First shiny I ever encountered that wasn't the red Gyarados was a Relicanth in Ruby that my dad caught me playing after 9 pm and I had to turn it off before I could catch it. Between then and now I have clocked 200 additional hours in Ruby, cleared Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, White, Black 2, White 2, and finally caught a shiny Ariados in X.

Quote Originally Posted by jginz1 View Post
    Hey y'all!

I thought this would be a fun thread to create to remember the last generation without method hunting for shinies. I am currently hunting for Clefairy at the Celadon Game Corner and I'm sitting at 600 SR's. What shinies have you hunted for in RSE and FRLG and what are you currently hunting for? (if any).
    This is the thread I dreamed someday to be true lol, I love hunting in 3rd gen so much.

Anyway, i'm currently hunting for a shiny Heracross in Leafgreen on Pattern Bush with the Repel Trick.
    Latest Shiny1541 seen / 67 SR Gamecorner
    Currently Hunting: ???
    Paused:Onix in Sevault Canyon-19,000 RE

When I played Sapphire, I swear I found two Shinies within an hour of each other. The odds didn't seem to make sense, but I was happy to have both a Shiny Illumise and Roselia.

I've hatched two Shiny Azurills recently on Emerald, completely by accident and its sucks how I got these two average Shinies, yet I can never find rare Shinies in the 3rd Gen games.

Camome (Wingull) is the only Shiny Pokemon that I've ever found in Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, which is somewhat ironic since I found it just last month after spending more than a decade playing Sapphire. I think Camome must be one of the easiest Generation III Shinies to find, seeing as Camome are so common in the various Houen sea routes.