Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    God, the new episode jumped the shark by giving us a bland recap. What's with duels in this series always having "breather" episodes right after.
    I heard a rumor that VRAINS might have some internal production issues, which would make sense if we look back at the delayed premiere, the unexplained one week break a while back and now this newest clip show episode that might've been made to cut corners on animation costs.

In all fairness we did have a 4 part duel/grudge match. So its nice to unwind, look back, and get ready for the next duel

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    In all fairness we did have a 4 part duel/grudge match. So its nice to unwind, look back, and get ready for the next duel
    While true, the episode could've done a much better job of advancing the plot on Yusaku's side, yet the recap scenes were just flashbacks told from Ghost Girl's point of view and in the end the episode felt like it could be skipped without the audience missing anything major.

Well, at least we're getting Yusaku vs Emma next, and the leak for Excode Talker means we can kinda guess how Emma will lose XD

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I noticed the change in backgrounds and the Link summoning animation in the new episode, which might be due to VRAINS now having a new director. Any ways, I like Ghost Girl's deck and Yusaku was being kind of reckless with accepting the duel with such high stakes. I guess he's just overconfident. ^^

I also noticed the background changes in the new episode. Which is nice to be honest. The animation needed some spicing up and the old Link summon animation was getting tiring for me. I liked the new one. Episode was good. More Ghost Girl. I like her attitude. She just wants money. Yusaku/Playmaker also accepted her duel without hesitation too. When it came to Go and Blue Angel he blew them both off at first. Those two needed the stink of Hanoi on them for Playmaker to even acknowledge them, but not Ghost Girl. She didn't have to disguise herself. The duel just started but I'll be interested to see how it goes.
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!

Whoever the director is he sure did a good job changing the Link Summon animation whether it was meant to be Ghost Girl's unique version or the norm. Also the backgrounds were better too

We all know what happens when they end on a cliffhanger like this. Playmaker has either an hand trap or cyverse magician has an effect from the graveyard. But good thing they simplified the link summoning, it was taking so long. It was kinda dumb of him to only summon one monster though, especially going second, but maybe he didn't have any backrow in his hand. Regardless, Good job ghost girl, you did in 3 turns what no one else did so far.
    wanna test your smash 3ds skills against this filthy casual? hit me up

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

gen's top: yveltal;oricorio-baile;

Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    It was kinda dumb of him to only summon one monster though, especially going second, but maybe he didn't have any backrow in his hand.
    Speaking of which, I wish Yusaku would stop going second cuz he's done that in all his duels so far if I remember right. And I'm also hoping that we'll get some non-Yusaku duels soon cuz I'm interested in watching Go, Aoi and other secondary characters duel other people. :]

Eh, Emma vs. Yusaku is okay for now, but you can already tell that Emma's the kind of character who'll lose a lot of relevance once she loses.

Does anyone think Yusaku will play these cards: https://ygorganization.com/amythicalmagicextremeforce/ (against Ghost Girl)

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Eh, Emma vs. Yusaku is okay for now, but you can already tell that Emma's the kind of character who'll lose a lot of relevance once she loses.
    Well I dunno about that. Emma's stealth and hacking skills seem like they could become helpful to Yusaku later. So while she might not become a main cast member, I think she could become the Mai of VRAINS at the very least, which is something. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well I dunno about that. Emma's stealth and hacking skills seem like they could become helpful to Yusaku later. So while she might not become a main cast member, I think she could become the Mai of VRAINS at the very least, which is something. :]
    So she's gonna become some washed up loser up until a crappy filler arc where she turns evil?

That was a satisfying conclusion. And now yusaku has the backdoor access to SOL. Now this is gonna become interesting.
    wanna test your smash 3ds skills against this filthy casual? hit me up

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

gen's top: yveltal;oricorio-baile;

What's going on with Yugioh Vrains? The animation is so much better then what it was previously. The duel between Playmaker and Ghost Girl was quite entertaining. I get the feeling Playmaker saving Ghost Girl from the data storm was not just for the duel. It'll probably come back into play later when Ghost Girl owes him one or something. Speaking of which I loved the Ghost Girl delete message she left for the reporters. Overall nice episode and Playmaker is slowly becoming more lively too. Maybe it's Ignis influence? Did anyone else think his new monster looked like the Life Virus from Megaman Battle Network? No, just me then?
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789