Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    God, the new episode jumped the shark by giving us a bland recap. What's with duels in this series always having "breather" episodes right after.
    I heard a rumor that VRAINS might have some internal production issues, which would make sense if we look back at the delayed premiere, the unexplained one week break a while back and now this newest clip show episode that might've been made to cut corners on animation costs.

In all fairness we did have a 4 part duel/grudge match. So its nice to unwind, look back, and get ready for the next duel

Quote Originally Posted by NeoDude-5000 View Post
    In all fairness we did have a 4 part duel/grudge match. So its nice to unwind, look back, and get ready for the next duel
    While true, the episode could've done a much better job of advancing the plot on Yusaku's side, yet the recap scenes were just flashbacks told from Ghost Girl's point of view and in the end the episode felt like it could be skipped without the audience missing anything major.

Well, at least we're getting Yusaku vs Emma next, and the leak for Excode Talker means we can kinda guess how Emma will lose XD

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

I noticed the change in backgrounds and the Link summoning animation in the new episode, which might be due to VRAINS now having a new director. Any ways, I like Ghost Girl's deck and Yusaku was being kind of reckless with accepting the duel with such high stakes. I guess he's just overconfident. ^^

I also noticed the background changes in the new episode. Which is nice to be honest. The animation needed some spicing up and the old Link summon animation was getting tiring for me. I liked the new one. Episode was good. More Ghost Girl. I like her attitude. She just wants money. Yusaku/Playmaker also accepted her duel without hesitation too. When it came to Go and Blue Angel he blew them both off at first. Those two needed the stink of Hanoi on them for Playmaker to even acknowledge them, but not Ghost Girl. She didn't have to disguise herself. The duel just started but I'll be interested to see how it goes.
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!

Whoever the director is he sure did a good job changing the Link Summon animation whether it was meant to be Ghost Girl's unique version or the norm. Also the backgrounds were better too

We all know what happens when they end on a cliffhanger like this. Playmaker has either an hand trap or cyverse magician has an effect from the graveyard. But good thing they simplified the link summoning, it was taking so long. It was kinda dumb of him to only summon one monster though, especially going second, but maybe he didn't have any backrow in his hand. Regardless, Good job ghost girl, you did in 3 turns what no one else did so far.
    wanna test your smash 3ds skills against this filthy casual? hit me up

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

gen's top: yveltal;oricorio-baile;

Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    It was kinda dumb of him to only summon one monster though, especially going second, but maybe he didn't have any backrow in his hand.
    Speaking of which, I wish Yusaku would stop going second cuz he's done that in all his duels so far if I remember right. And I'm also hoping that we'll get some non-Yusaku duels soon cuz I'm interested in watching Go, Aoi and other secondary characters duel other people. :]

Eh, Emma vs. Yusaku is okay for now, but you can already tell that Emma's the kind of character who'll lose a lot of relevance once she loses.

Does anyone think Yusaku will play these cards: https://ygorganization.com/amythicalmagicextremeforce/ (against Ghost Girl)

Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Eh, Emma vs. Yusaku is okay for now, but you can already tell that Emma's the kind of character who'll lose a lot of relevance once she loses.
    Well I dunno about that. Emma's stealth and hacking skills seem like they could become helpful to Yusaku later. So while she might not become a main cast member, I think she could become the Mai of VRAINS at the very least, which is something. :]

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Oreo View Post
    Well I dunno about that. Emma's stealth and hacking skills seem like they could become helpful to Yusaku later. So while she might not become a main cast member, I think she could become the Mai of VRAINS at the very least, which is something. :]
    So she's gonna become some washed up loser up until a crappy filler arc where she turns evil?

That was a satisfying conclusion. And now yusaku has the backdoor access to SOL. Now this is gonna become interesting.

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

What's going on with Yugioh Vrains? The animation is so much better then what it was previously. The duel between Playmaker and Ghost Girl was quite entertaining. I get the feeling Playmaker saving Ghost Girl from the data storm was not just for the duel. It'll probably come back into play later when Ghost Girl owes him one or something. Speaking of which I loved the Ghost Girl delete message she left for the reporters. Overall nice episode and Playmaker is slowly becoming more lively too. Maybe it's Ignis influence? Did anyone else think his new monster looked like the Life Virus from Megaman Battle Network? No, just me then?

I was right about Excode Talker being used in this episode! Anyway looks things are starting to pick up again as Playmaker starts to infiltrate SOL's databanks

Nice, i'm glad to see how they handled the perfect AI aspect. While they are still in development by SOL, they seem to be pretty advanced in their progress. Plus, it's an actual deck focused on hand destruction. It's only this effective because the beginning hand is 4 cards instead of 5. But i'm happy to see blue angel returning and hopefully we'll see a great tag duel and i'm curious to see how can playmaker return from a -5 in his 2nd turn.

A smashing good episode of Vrains. It looks like Ghost Girl had her own plans after all to use Playmaker as a decoy. Oh well, I loved the mother computers dueling background. So much better then the generic colorless city of Link Vrains. The dueling AI's were interesting too. The way they talked reminded me of those one shot knights from GX season 3. The ones with the weird emotion masks. What? Only I remember them? Still a nice episode and it seems the anime is giving me my wish. Everytime Blue Angel appears they are going to play her awesome theme music. Thank you so much Vrains. Blue Angel is giving hope for female Yugioh leads.

As a series that's been a bit too heavy-handed with their non-Duel episodes, I'm glad that the Duel actually happened in this one. They were scaring me with all the seeming padding that was going on, particularly with Ghost Girl and Akira (sans the scene that had Aoi spying on them) and that new director guy.

Speaking of Aoi, I felt her spying was justified and pretty darn awesome of her to do so; I'm glad she's not letting her brother completely dictate her agency and is taking initiative to see what's going on herself. That led to the awesome moment where she saves Yusaku/Playmaker yet again (are they even again now?). I'm not a fan of how they copped out on a Tag Duel in this scenario, nor how some fans took Ignis's/Ai's words to mean that Tags/Battle Royals are some kind of sin, but I am happy that Blue Angel is Dueling again. That makes up for the purposeful cop out (the writers set up perfect 2-on-1/Tag/Battle Royal scenario, only to then go out of their way to subvert the very scenario they set up, complete with a character mouth-piecing for 1-on-1 Duels being the only "right" kind...).

I will say that I'm getting frustrated on how insular this series is with both its characters and who gets to be in a Duel. So far, no fully-showcased Duel has taken place that didn't feature Yusaku/Playmaker in it in some way. Even next episode where Blue Angel will be Dueling in a Single Duel is still getting juxtaposed next to Yusaku's continued Duel, meaning he's still Dueling in the episode. By this point in Arc-V, we had 3 separate and fully-showcased games that didn't feature Yuya Dueling alongside or in them. The character selection was also more robust and inclusive, and I'm missing that. We seem to be back to GX and Zexal (especially early GX and Zexal) levels of Dueling exclusivity, but in the least, those shows had more robust casts, even if the latter (and former, to a lesser extent) played favorites and got hopes up with regards to who it deemed "important" (Yuya, Shark, Kite, and the main villain factions, and even the latter of those weren't treated equally).

I can't speak for anyone one else, but each episode, I'm finding it slightly more and more difficult seeing Yusaku and the not!Hot Dog vendor plus Ai being the only consistent interactions in this show, the only other one being this weird relationship between Ghost Girl and Akira, the latter of whom still hasn't Dueled yet, despite being more of a character and having more screen time than his Duelist sister and Go. Oh, and Frog and Pigeon.

Go hasn't been seen or heard from, or even referenced as far as I can tell, since his Duel ended. Blue Angel is an outlier in that regard for still being relevant and referenced past her Duel, and even making a come back Duel. And I may be super alone on this, but I'm not a fan of how Naoki's being treated, all things considered. Despite being among the cast introduced when they were doing all their pre-release hype, despite being among one of the first characters revealed, dude has it the worst outta everybody, even the absent Go. This episode is the first time he's shown in half a dozen episodes, and all he gets to do is be a used a quick and cheap info outlet on Aoi's whereabouts before continuing to be the butt of Yusaku's "jokes" (Yusaku is such a jerk to him, my goodness...), and then he's gone for the remainder of the episode and back to being absent in the next (based on episode 17's cast list). We've never seen him Duel, nor do we know what Deck he uses. He has potential for a compelling development in being a Duelist who's not confident enough in his skills who enters Link VRAINS for the first time and Duels online, along with potential for being a fully-realized foil to Yusaku and not just a butt for the show's neglect jokes. Instead, Naoki not wanting to Duel online coupled with the thing I've read in the past that there'd be no "offline" Duels in this show just leads to an overall wasted potential of a character. I hoping thing change for his character, but I worried.

For goodness' sake, flipping Frog and Pigeon have more screen time and fleshed out characters than Naoki right now. Flipping Frog and Pigeon. There're also not as ignorant of the goings on, either, even if they have no proof of it.

I've spoken at length on this too long as it is, but I do want to say one more thing. For a series about Dueling, this show has way too many non-Duelist characters, in my opinion, and seems to be getting more and more with each episode. They've been "getting away with it" for now due to Yusaku being the only one allowed to Duel (or being a prerequisite for a Duel-filled episode, in the next episode's case), but it's getting to the point where Yusaku has Dueled every character that's obviously Duel capable at least once, and twice in Revolver's case, sans Naoki who has his own problems, and maybe Spector, who's barely a character himself and is likely in the throes of a technical example of an early-bird cameo (I figure Spector will become more relevant when Revolver inevitably "joins" Yusaku). There's also Akira, but... They don't seem to be of an agenda to have him Duel, even though he does seem to have some kind of Duel Disk or something.

On a similar note (I know, I know), I wonder when Yusaku/Playmaker's gonna get his first loss? Or will he go the route Yusei did and never officially lose a Duel on-screen, having any Duels he would lose end inconclusively on some technicality beforehand (outside of a brief and context-less abridged Duel in a flashback that's never referenced past said flashback)? Did Yusei ever officially Draw with someone he faced? Don't think so. I guess Yusaku does have that on him.

Nice, i'm glad to see how they handled the perfect AI aspect. While they are still in development by SOL, they seem to be pretty advanced in their progress. Plus, it's an actual deck focused on hand destruction. It's only this effective because the beginning hand is 4 cards instead of 5. But i'm happy to see blue angel returning and hopefully we'll see a great tag duel and i'm curious to see how can playmaker return from a -5 in his 2nd turn.
    Not sure how close you follow the actual card game, or if you like to read the Yugioh Wikia when need new Anime Cards appear.

Be careful, as the following might be considered spoiling, or possibly be fun-draining to read.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Not sure how close you follow the actual card game, or if you like to read the Yugioh Wikia when need new Anime Cards appear.

Be careful, as the following might be considered spoiling, or possibly be fun-draining to read.

Spoiler:
    I followed the card game closely when the tagforce GX games on the PSP were out (until tagforce 3). After that i got duel carnival so i got a little bit of knoledge on the synchro an XYZ monsters. But since then i haven't follow it, even though i have dueling network. But cards come out so often that i just can't keep up, even though i do watch all the anime.

I knew yusaku had a way out since from 5d's onward, graveyard revival became so common. Maybe a special summon restriction deck could be a better strat and harder to counter. Vanity's come to mind.

I followed the card game closely when the tagforce GX games on the PSP were out (until tagforce 3). After that i got duel carnival so i got a little bit of knoledge on the synchro an XYZ monsters. But since then i haven't follow it, even though i have dueling network. But cards come out so often that i just can't keep up, even though i do watch all the anime.

I knew yusaku had a way out since from 5d's onward, graveyard revival became so common. Maybe a special summon restriction deck could be a better strat and harder to counter. Vanity's come to mind.
    Yeah, I was just havin' fun with trying to predict down to the card effect based on what was there.

An anti-Special Summon Deck would be something. We've had variations and mini-strategies, but nothing so blanket and blatant. Most recently, we've had Revolver's Fire Prison and Beltlink Wall Dragon combo that restricts the flow of Link Summons to its users' favor.

For those who might potentially care about such things and who don't mind spoilers from summaries and voice cast lists:

Spoiler:

Yay, blue angel is back. and she's fighting the same pecking strategy she has. Trickstars seem to be amazing against 4000LP but i doubt they'll have as much steam going against double that amount. All those chain effects made me think "if only blue angel had chain strike", it would do damage at least times 4. It would be a great card to add to her deck. The continuous spell card of the AI would also be an amazing addition since she always do chip damage, meaning it would be extra damage always on the field.

What a delightfully good Vrains episode. Did anyone know when a Trickstars deck wins a duel a Blue Angel gets her wings? Burn damage. Lots and lots of burn damage in this duel and I loved it. I don't like dealing with burn decks myself back when I played but it's always fun watching two duelist try to out burn each other. Blue Angel and her theme slay the episode. So entertaining. Oh and Playmaker dueled too...if only he had a charismatic theme like Blue Angel's. The AI duelist stayed true to what they were. No trash talking, no personal interaction. All business. It's to be expected from machines. But I'm so excited for next episode. Playmaker vs Akira? Yes!

Do you think we should put up a lost poster for Go? He's clearly gone missing.

That was hype. Another different kind of deck, this time, flip effect, and more info on what happened to both zaizen and aoi. And firewall is back! I likes this episode a lot and next week we'll know more about that incident. I feel this series has gone the 5d's 1st arc path, where it's entirely focused on playmaker's search for the truth of 10 years ago. While it doesn't have as much world building as 5d's, i'm enjoying it fully and i'm hoping it will expand in the next arc.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast