Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS Discussion Thread

Secrets! So many juicy secrets in Vrains. What happened in this incident? And will Playmaker have a berserk mode? I hope not, but he certainly showed a angry side today. So did Kusanagi. And we got some delicious backstory on the Zaizens. Little Aoi was so adorable. There's no way a guy like Akira can be a bad guy. Even if he's working for Sol tech. He's also a pretty good duelist. I wonder if he'll be as tough as Revolver? Because this feels like another blockbuster duel about to take place. Time to watch the madness unfold in Vrains.
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!

Yay some backstory! Hopefully we get more of it next week. Zaizen's deck is pretty interesting, we all know how tricky these Flip monster decks can be

Tindangle is a weird archetype, its effect also works on opponent's monsters, but in a world where everyone's ace is a monster that can't go Defense....

Also, I like how the production staff remember this is the first time the Zaizen siblings see Firewall, and put in that shocked reaction from Akira after seeing Playmaker getting out a Link 4.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Whoa! Just whoa! Another jaw dropping Vrains episode. The duel is cool and all but the Yusaku/Playmaker backstory was so interesting. No wonder he doesn't like to duel for fun or anything. I can't wait to learn about this Hanoi Project and who's behind it all. Who is Yusaku trying to save? What will happen in this duel? Will we get answers? I can't wait for the next episode. Vrains is so good right now!

Best episode so far. Not only we got a chilling kidnapping incident involving yusaku and his friend's still traumatized brother but we also got his helper, which if it's not revolver, i'll be shocked. Meaning next up after finding out the truth, yusaku is going after revolver. The knights of hanoi may be the hanoi project realized. They experimented on those 6 and with their results perfected something that, while i don't know what it is, it made revolver be able to use data storm and pull out monsters from there. Oh and the culprit? if it's not an unknown party, it has to be SOL. And man, akira doesn't play around. while being 2 backrow cards in an already short board, there's very few things that can defeat his strategy. For once, and the thing that never happens and pisses me off since 5d's is the simplest too, backrow destruction. But in yugioh anime, there are no such cards as MST or any equivalent so the only other strategy is battle damage. Now imagine akira's side all set, with regular hound, fusion hound and angel on the board, with another copy of hound and angel on the grave and both protection backrow cards. Hound's effect reduces the attack of link monsters making it almost impossible to beat the combo. I like it. It's going for an hardened obelisk strat and that's pretty good.
    wanna test your smash 3ds skills against this filthy casual? hit me up

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

gen's top: yveltal;oricorio-baile;

Project Hanoi... So I'm guessing it involved abducting young children and recruiting them into the Knights of Hanoi at least that is what I reckon. I think VRAINS is starting to have a better plot than ARC-V's

And here we go, a dead man, who's resurrected, is behind it. Weird that he wants the network world destroyed if he himself is only living through it (as far as we know) but if it's an ideological goal he's fine with erasing himself once his mission is done. And his mission, i think, is the destruction of all sentient AIs, from which AI is the soul survivor. We still don't know the status of the other 4 but i think it's safe to say they are either hidden in the protagonists or they are dead.

Another incredible episode with a lot of world building and for a moment, i thought Emma actually tricked everyone and yusaku wasn't gonna find out anything yet. That would have been amazing duping by ghost girl. Still, they figure SOL had a rogue behind the tragedy that befell them and are now going after revolver. The build up is excellent and this series is showing as much promise as arc-V did in the beginning.

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

I wonder how they're going to top the "Duel Monsters is serious business" theme that's just been increasing with each series
    * Yugioh the Original Series-Duel Monsters is this new game that happens to have connections to dark magic and actual monsters
    * Yugioh GX-Duel Monsters is popular enough a game/sport/whatever there's schools for it
    * Yugioh 5Ds-Duel Monsters is responsible for a new energy source, and has become so influential in a possible future they destroy the world
    * Yugioh Zexal-Duel Monsters are connected to the fundamental underpinnings of the universe
    * Yugioh Arc-V: Duel Monsters is important on a multi-universal scale
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation: Mewtwo, Jirachi, Giratina, Ferrothorn, Klefki
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    Most recent shiny: (HG Random)

Into the Vrains 20. Good episode. Yugioh Vrains is slaying it. It almost makes me want to try and get back into the card game. Almost...that game is too complicated for ole Platinum Fan and his GX era dueling. But good episode. Playmaker vs Akira. I was actually a little more into this duel then I was the Revolver one, even though this one was shorter. Which is good. Both the Akira and Revolver duels delivered. Nice conclusion for all parties involved in this duel. The Akira and Blue Angel moments at the end were sweet and heartwarming. Now that Playmaker has his lead on the Hanoi Project and who was behind it what happens next.

Anybody else getting Gozaburo Kaiba vibes from our villain? Like dead in the real world but alive in a cyber world. I can't be the only one who thought that.

Next episode previews have come out, and it confused me. Looks like they're going to do a completely different thing now?

Spoiler:- preview episode 22 and 23:

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.

Skip this one because it's another recap episode. Nothing of value is learned. At least next time, Go is reappearing. Let's see what his character develops to.

Good episode I would say, but I mainly wanted to post this:

Yusaku Deck - https://ygorganization.com/noonemans...thatpowercode/

What i find odd is the seriously catastrophic consequences that are not at all able to be stopped by any authority force meaning yusaku has to do it. Teenagers are in a permanent coma, with their consciousnesses stolen and held captive. No warning from the government or from sol technologies has been issued. Nothing is being done to stop this. The moment that they noticed it they should completely shut down link vrains and hunt the knights of hanoi. And by the looks of it it's very simple for a mind to be stolen too. Nice job security team.

Also, something that came off the recent episode, now that go has turned heel, the similarities to the gen 7 starters get even better. We now have blue angel that's an idol just like primarina and go is a wrestling heel just like incineroar. And ghost girl, while not an archer, is a ghost, like decidueye XD. Funny coincidences.
    Last edited by magma grunt edu; 19th October 2017 at 2:31 AM.

I'm late to the Vrains party. Been on a mini vacation I have and now I'm back just in time for some Yugioh Vrains episodes. So apparently Go is back and turned heel to battle this new Knight of Hanoi, Genome? Is that his name? It was a cool duel. All about DNA in duelist. This guy needs to duel Tyranno Kenzan from GX. He'll give you DNA alright. It's interesting that Go put the identity of Playmaker on the line in this duel. So Yusaku has a personal stake in it and probably needs Go to win. Hence why next episode he'll be showing up in Link Vrains. Wonder what's going to happen.

On another note dueling just seems to get more and more violent each and every season. It makes me wonder why people play duel monsters live like this? Someone always gets hurt. Dueling is a natural hazard.

Interesting that Yusaku accepted Go's offer to work together. Perhaps it's because Go managed to turn the duel around and won against a Hanoi "admin", so now Yusaku know Go is indeed strong enough to take on Hanoi.

Also, turns out Ignis like his "Ai" nickname lol

Next episode seems like it will be centered around Aoi. Thinking about it, in real life she's even more closed to her surrounding than Yusaku, and this episode makes it even clearer by showing Aoi in school completely ignoring everything other than Playmaker's appearance. My guess is that the next episode is the episode where she finally be more open, at least to Akira - she practically has to since I bet she will be the one dueling Vyra, and Akira will see the duel.

Episode 27 might actually still be a continuation of the duel, since Go had 2 episodes, it only makes sense if Aoi gets 2 episodes as well. Besides, the title implies the turnaround moment of a duel, the kind of title usually only used when it's a duel continued from last episode.

And with that, both Go and Aoi would be defeating one Hanoi "admin" each. I bet the last "admin" (Faust), is being saved for Yusaku.

Quote Originally Posted by magma grunt edu View Post
    Also, something that came off the recent episode, now that go has turned heel, the similarities to the gen 7 starters get even better. We now have blue angel that's an idol just like primarina and go is a wrestling heel just like incineroar. And ghost girl, while not an archer, is a ghost, like decidueye XD. Funny coincidences.
    Albeit less direct, you can make the Decidueye reference to Yusaku as well, with him being a silent and more "dark" kind of protagonist, kinda like an owl.

Honestly, for whatever reason, Pokemon, Kamen Rider, and Yugioh, sometimes has something in common between them.

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Looks like the 3 musketeers of Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS are starting to come together. It was nice to see Go defeat a Hanoi admin (or simply someone who isn't a common soldier) we just need to see Blue Angel, and maybe Ghost Girl, beat another Hanoi duellist and then we've got our guardians of Link VRAINS. I don't what Akira is going think about it but would it be cool if he formed a group consisting of these characters opposing the Knights of Hanoi

All right, nicely done Go. Turned the duel around, formed a hanoi hunting squad and, just for a moment, didn't have that horrendous hairstyle (that i will never like). And just a continuation of what i said earlier, the another incident is simply catastrophic in terms of IRL consequences. Imagine if facebook, twitter and other social medias had a virtual "hanging out" space where if you had a VR set you could talk to holograms of your friends, in a time that VR sets were as common as a smartphone. Now imagine if someone created a technology that did what the Vranis virus program does, basically killing the person IRL (as far as the medical term goes) via mind stealing, targeting only the brightest minds on those platforms so that they could accomplish an objective. That would be a global emergency and would be handled by the entire planet combined. But in yugioh, where Vrains is as widespread as social media is now, no authority is trying to implement radical solutions so that the influx of promising comatose duelists that appear IRL stop. These are effectively the most dangerous cyber criminals they can get and Vrains is just running like nothing's happening. My suspension of disbelief is suffering a little. And i had no problems with zexal's wacky human/whatever astral was and the preposterous societal structure of arc-V's satellite. There's no way Vrains would still be operational with an incident as serious as this one.

The best moments of this episode are indubitably aoi's. Yugioh is finally giving us another good female character and they are playing it masterfully. Much like akiza, they aren't telling us her inner struggle and instead they keep the scenes quiet. She doesn't say a word and that speaks volumes because we are feeling what she's feeling without her thoughts barraging us with dialogue. Subtle, well done and incredibly effective, i'm not a huge fan of blue angel but aoi is so far my favorite character.

Vrains! I'm searching for Vrains to feed on. Great episode this week. I suppose I should comment on last weeks episode. It's really cool that Playmaker and Go formed that Link Vrains alliance. Just gotta get Blue Angel to join them.

Now for this weeks episode it was all about Blue Angel/Aoi. There is nothing about this girl that I don't like. The way she brushed off Emma when she rode in on her motorcycle and having to protect her skirt. To her foul mood in Vrains as Blue Angel as she takes on that female Knight of Hanoi. Aoi is the main event of Vrains. I hope she annihilates that Knight of Hanoi. Rips her to pieces with her Trickstars. Dance on her severed body when she wins. But you never know when someone who is not the main character duels. They don't have main character plot armor. Still I'm excited for this duel, to see what the Knight of Hanoi girl has got up her sleeve and if Blue Angel can overcome it.

On a side note how did Aoi not know Emma was Ghost Girl? They look exactly alike only in Ghost Girl form she has a mask. It's like how do you not know Usagi/Serena is Sailor Moon? The hair style gives it away XD

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    On a side note how did Aoi not know Emma was Ghost Girl? They look exactly alike only in Ghost Girl form she has a mask. It's like how do you not know Usagi/Serena is Sailor Moon? The hair style gives it away XD
    Yeah, exactly. At least yusaku and aoi are smart with their avatars.

We got a lot of info in this episode. For one, the designers of the another virus are using it to get to playmaker in order to overthrow the doctor's great plan, meaning the plan is more gruesome than holding minds hostage. I'm guessing playmaker is fundamental for it and that's why they want to get rid of him first. And the other piece is that she's regretting the horrible consequences their creation had caused, meaning the admins's intent is a good one. I sure hope revolver is not like jack, where he's simply following the man that showed him a purpose but instead is actually by himself doing what he's doing. I'm a little tired of the jack/kaito trope and i hope they don't make the doctor the true bad guy again.

Oh and the new ending is ok. Song's a little bland compared to the previous one but it's not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    Yeah, at least with others you have the excuse of them changing hair style as well. Ghost Girl just change her hair color.

Also the Dueling Club idea is kinda stupid if you think about it. It's a dueling club....that doesn't duel? So far we never see them duel, not even on the table in real life.

What is even the point of putting them in the series

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Yeah, at least with others you have the excuse of them changing hair style as well. Ghost Girl just change her hair color.

Also the Dueling Club idea is kinda stupid if you think about it. It's a dueling club....that doesn't duel? So far we never see them duel, not even on the table in real life.

What is even the point of putting them in the series
    It's possible the dueling club are guys who don't really know how to duel but enjoy watching it and are trying to learn. It is really weird we haven't seen them duel and since this club has now disbanded we'll never know what the purpose of them was. Kinda a missed opportunity since like you said we could have seen them do table duels. It would be nice to see characters do table duels. Not for a full episode but just as a side hobby or something.

As for Vrains episode 26. Aoi/Blue Angel spanked Vyra. I enjoyed the episode and Blue Angel's expressions. She can go from that sweet performer to tough duelist just from her facial expressions. A perfect example was when she summoned her ace monster, she was all smiling then it turned to a mean frown shortly after. I love her expressions. The duel was cool and we got to see a classic card. Giant Germ! Giant Germ is a must for fiend decks or burn damage decks with Messenger of Peace. Anyway I'm glad Blue Angel won but I am kinda disappointed that it meant the end of Vyra at least for now. She seemed like a interesting Knight of Hanoi but I guess she was just grunt fodder. Oh well still a good victory for Blue Angel and she saved the anothers. But will she learn to duel not only for herself in the future?

Next weeks episode looks great. Naoki is going to duel?! I can't wait. This is a episode I've been waiting to see. What madness will occur when Naoki enters Link Vrains?

Err... I wasn't expecting the outcome of this episode

I know, right? We've gone from mind snatching to IRL kidnapping. Vrains is not joking around. Looks like faust and his crew were trying to sabotage the doctor's plan, especially after hearing the preview for the next episode but we now know the doctor's motive:revenge. I'm sensing a great underlining story for the doctor, revolver and that other guy with the blond hair. Reminds me of zexal's three, four and five and their father, as these three are subvillains that have the same motivation as the ones in zexal. Or the z-one and the other 3 guys from 5d's.

It was great to see shima duel. I don't think this was the case but for a moment, i thought faust was controlling what cards were drawn by each player. The regular duel was really interesting, as we saw (FINALLY) both players having really bad hands and what they could do (or not do in this case) with them. I also liked to see all the older cards in that duel. 3 mantis, 1 hercules and a hand destruction, and with the hand destruction he got a feather of the phoenix and soul charge, the perfect way to summon hercules...if this is not convenience, i don't know what is.

And as for the previous episode, i liked aoi a lot. She's now dueling again and she let go of her previous motivation for it. Really liking what they are doing with her. Vyra was very interesting, as she, especially as a doctor, wanted to stop causing harm to others, even if it was for a greater cause.

I wouldn't mind seeing shima being a more active duelist in the future, even if he's really green right now. If he "trains" and learns his deck (which i assume it's beast-based), with the addition of some new link monsters, he could help out after the first big bad is defeated, meaning the beginning of "season 2".

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910