Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243
Results 1,051 to 1,059 of 1059

Thread: Controversial Opinions Thread *Possible Spoilers for SM*

Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    controversial opinion: i really don't like when they have a 4th travelling companion who's a kid and can't be a trainer (max and bonnie).
    agreed, they don't even end up becoming a trainer by the end, which I think sucks for them. I know they don't age in the anime, but seriously we have seen people own pokemon who are young, so I think after Max/Bonnie go through that whole adventure, they have way more than the necessary skills to own a pokemon. I guess I hate that they don't really realize their goal at the end, or even seem to have one. So Although I wouldn't say they shouldnt be there, I just wish they could become a trainer by the end.
    Last edited by lemoncatpower; Today at 3:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything12 View Post
    Bonnie was okay in XYZ when she has Squishy, if I ignored the song, really I think everyone problem is as they are kids they can't actually catch Pokemon which really limits what can be done with them ending up with them being boring most of the time.
    And here I thought I was the only one who really hated that

Anyway, I don't think this really count as a controversial opinion. I find this kind of characters annoying and needless in the show.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    controversial opinion: i really don't like when they have a 4th travelling companion who's a kid and can't be a trainer (max and bonnie).
    Is this really a controversial opinion? I agree. While I understand the kid character is probably there to appeal to the younger audience members, they still feel like a waste of animation budget space. While Bonnie wasn't nearly as annoying as "know nothing know-it-all" Max--in fact, she could be rather cute and charming at times--she still tried my patience, especially when she was the focus of an episode.

Also, here is a third person who hated the Squishy Song. That piece of music was one of the most annoying ending themes I'd ever heard in an anime (although the instrumental version played during the Team Flare climax was nice).

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Feel free to use this banner. Just credit me!
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Inferno Overkill | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

Im annoyed that Bonnie was treated better than Serena with screen time. That should never happen especially since Bonnie was the 4th wheel while Serena was supposedly the female lead.
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

Squishy and Bonnie's relationship was more interesting than Performances, IMO
    Pokemon Sun & Moon Anime
        Spoiler:- Pokemon Ash has caught:

Spoiler:- Evolution for Pokemon Ash has caught:

Pokemon I think Ash might catch: Dewpider 3/5, Passimian 3/5, Jangmo-o 3/5, Alolan Sandshrew 3/5, Grubbin 2/5, Crabrawler 2/5, Mudbray 2/5, Wimpod 2/5, Drampa 2/5.
    Evolution of Pokemon I think Ash might catch: Araquanid 3/5, Kommo-o 3/5, Alolan Sandslash 3/5, Vikavolt 3/5, Crabominable 2/5, Mudsdale 3/5, Golisopod 5/5.

I have watched 100+ episodes of Yokai Watch, so don't try telling me S&M is copying it because you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything12 View Post
    Squishy and Bonnie's relationship was more interesting than Performances, IMO
    She should have been a sky battler instead imo
    If SM is a rip off of Yokai Watch, then XY/Z is a very poor ripoff of shonen anime like Naruto
    Credit goes to Satomine Night

Quote Originally Posted by Pokegirl Fan~ View Post
    Im annoyed that Bonnie was treated better than Serena with screen time. That should never happen especially since Bonnie was the 4th wheel while Serena was supposedly the female lead.
    Once I thought what if Squishy was under Serena's care instead of Bonnie's? At least she could give it a better name. Squishy felt extremely stupid and annoying to me as a name. And Bonnie could just disappear or just stay with Dedenne which did absolutely nothing rather than randomly squeaking all the time.

I disagree. It felt that way initially as Serena was still finding her goal for the first 40 episodes. After that, Serena received a lot of focus episodes, on her showcases, occasional performance training, and development for braixen, pancham and especially eevee to sylveon. Only to an extent, it felt bonnie was more important in the flare arc because of she snapped zygarde out of mind control.

Also, as a comparison, Serena had 26 episodes focused on her while Bonnie 21, so yes, Serena did receive more screen time.

I disagree. Serena definitely got more screentime and more overall focus than Bonnie. Bonnie really only played a major role in XY&Z, namely during the Team Flare arc, and only because she was the one caring for Squishy.

(Banner made by me, Satomine Night)
    Feel free to use this banner. Just credit me!
    More signature banners: You Fool! | Inferno Overkill | Laugh Together | Got Nassy?

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 333940414243