Page 38 of 204 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast
Results 926 to 950 of 5099

Thread: Controversial Opinions - READ GUIDELINES IN FIRST POST *Possible Spoilers for SM*

  1. #926
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Geez. How people can still bellyache about Tobias when Alain cockblocked Ash far worse than Tobias did at the KL is beyond me...
    Maybe because a league victory in Sinnoh would've been a lot better/sweeter overall, as opposed to the KL, since Ash had defeated Paul...

    Credit for the banner goes to Satomine Night!
    - Also a member of ~Lillie Fan Club~ and Serena The Kalos Queen Fan Club, Serena4ever!

  2. #927
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    How can Charizard be inconsistent?? The last time we saw him was in BW where he rivaled Iris' Dragonite and all they did was battle. Charizard just so happens to be one of Ash's most loved and iconic Pokémon due to their bond and his appearances of being both cool and comical. Infernape and Greninja were just his regional powerhouses while Charizard was with him since the beginning. We saw Charizard change from a sweet Charmander then a moody Charmeleon to a cocky Charizard until he got knocked in his place by Charly, started obeying Ash, and honing his skills as a tough battler.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

    (Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

  3. #928
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel31 View Post
    Maybe because a league victory in Sinnoh would've been a lot better/sweeter overall, as opposed to the KL, since Ash had defeated Paul...
    Tobias came with a Deus ex machina.
    If Ash is doing well this series, expect TPC to full some crappy stuff to make him lose, like a Gary Stu with some overrated or overpromoted Pokémon.

  4. #929
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The only thing consistent with this anime is the lack of consistency.
    That, but I'm talking Pokémon overall

    Quote Originally Posted by satopi View Post
    How can Charizard be inconsistent?? The last time we saw him was in BW where he rivaled Iris' Dragonite and all they did was battle. Charizard just so happens to be one of Ash's most loved and iconic Pokémon due to their bond and his appearances of being both cool and comical. Infernape and Greninja were just his regional powerhouses while Charizard was with him since the beginning. We saw Charizard change from a sweet Charmander then a moody Charmeleon to a cocky Charizard until he got knocked in his place by Charly, started obeying Ash, and honing his skills as a tough battler.
    He's lost wayyyy too many battles that he should have won. Charizard has had so much experience that he should in theory curb stomp opponents or at least lose battles that he is supposed to lose

    Sure you can say he has battled more, but 60%+ overall percentage is good, but not amazing. Plus with all that experience, the number should be in the high 70's

    And actually, Charizard isn't the most loved currently, not even the most iconic. That might have changed since I'm not really following any polls these days, but last time I checked, Greninja was top of the popularity list with Charizard lagging.

    Greninja and Infernape are tons more reliable then Charizard.

    I'd rather my Pokémon be consistent then be amazing the next day and suck the second day IMO and that's what Charizard and Pikachu are
    Last edited by Power Up; 21st April 2017 at 4:42 AM.

    Credit to FairyWitch and her AMAZING shop! Seriously, what are you waiting for? Go ask her for a signature!

  5. #930
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SinnohEevee View Post
    Tobias came with a Deus ex machina.
    If Ash is doing well this series, expect TPC to full some crappy stuff to make him lose, like a Gary Stu with some overrated or overpromoted Pokémon.
    Honestly, I really haven't expected Ash to win a league, since his loss to Tobias, so it wouldn't bother me if what your saying does happen. I'm more invested in Ash's adventure overall and the other characters. It would be great if Ash could win a league, but I'm not going to get salty about it, when/if he does lose. It makes the anime more enjoyable for me that way.

    Credit for the banner goes to Satomine Night!
    - Also a member of ~Lillie Fan Club~ and Serena The Kalos Queen Fan Club, Serena4ever!

  6. #931
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    That, but I'm talking Pokémon overall



    He's lost wayyyy too many battles that he should have won. Charizard has had so much experience that he should in theory curb stomp opponents or at least lose battles that he is supposed to lose

    Sure you can say he has battled more, but 60%+ overall percentage is good, but not amazing. Plus with all that experience, the number should be in the high 70's

    And actually, Charizard isn't the most loved currently, not even the most iconic. That might have changed since I'm not really following any polls these days, but last time I checked, Greninja was top of the popularity list with Charizard lagging.

    Greninja and Infernape are tons more reliable then Charizard.

    I'd rather my Pokémon be consistent then be amazing the next day and suck the second day IMO and that's what Charizard and Pikachu are
    Well done, you've just summed up why Ash consistently loses the league (HINT, he's consistently ****)

    3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

    Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

  7. #932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    The only thing consistent with this anime is the lack of consistency.
    Wow, true indeed
    Serena <3

  8. #933
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Where World Champions Live
    Posts
    2,954

    Default

    Please remember not to post speculation here, even if it's controversial speculation. This thread is meant for opinions on events, episodes and facts of the anime that have already happened.

    Also, this is not a chatroom - please don't get spammy. If you're not sharing a new opinion or at least submitting an elaborate reply to someone else's opinion post, there's no need to post here at all.

    Run for your lives.

    tumblr - livejournal

    Note: Please only reply to infraction PMs if you 1) have follow-up questions, or 2) seriously intend to contest the infraction, instead of merely complaining about or making fun of it, providing no elaborate counterarguments whatsoever. While I appreciate apologies or promises that "it won't happen again" and the like, they too fulfill no purpose except for cluttering up my inbox. An honest effort to avoid further rule-breaking is worth much more than a one-line PM saying you're sorry anyway. Thanks!

  9. #934
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    4,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    That, but I'm talking Pokémon overall



    He's lost wayyyy too many battles that he should have won. Charizard has had so much experience that he should in theory curb stomp opponents or at least lose battles that he is supposed to lose

    Sure you can say he has battled more, but 60%+ overall percentage is good, but not amazing. Plus with all that experience, the number should be in the high 70's

    And actually, Charizard isn't the most loved currently, not even the most iconic. That might have changed since I'm not really following any polls these days, but last time I checked, Greninja was top of the popularity list with Charizard lagging.

    Greninja and Infernape are tons more reliable then Charizard.

    I'd rather my Pokémon be consistent then be amazing the next day and suck the second day IMO and that's what Charizard and Pikachu are
    I would just like to point out one thing, you're focusing too much on this win rate chart, which is a lot incorrect.


    If you want to know the accurate win rate, look at the thread Genallar created-
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ate&highlight=
    Charizard's win rate is a bit higher than Greninja, 86>78.

    But that being said, I certainly believe Ash-Greninja is Ash's strongest, because of this feat-
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 21st April 2017 at 2:34 PM.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!



    Imgur.com

    Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

  10. #935
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Well done, you've just summed up why Ash consistently loses the league (HINT, he's consistently ****)
    Yup.

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    I would just like to point out one thing, you're focusing too much on this win rate chart, which is a lot incorrect.


    If you want to know the accurate win rate, look at the thread Genallar created-
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ate&highlight=
    Charizard's win rate is a bit higher than Greninja, 86>78.

    But that being said, I certainly believe Ash-Greninja is Ash's strongest, because of this feat-
    I'm talking about where Charizard lost to Blaziken and Dusknoir I believe?

    Well anyway, that was my two cents, back to the wasteland where dead people live

    Credit to FairyWitch and her AMAZING shop! Seriously, what are you waiting for? Go ask her for a signature!

  11. #936
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    4,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    Yup.



    I'm talking about where Charizard lost to Blaziken and Dusknoir I believe?

    Well anyway, that was my two cents, back to the wasteland where dead people live
    It's not just about the losses, but about their feats, and I rate Ash-Greninja on par with a Base Champion Ace, and Charizard or par with upper tier E4 ace. Mega Charizard-X is above Base Champion Ace, lower than Champion Mega Ace. Yeah, Ash-Greninja is clearly better than Charizard.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 21st April 2017 at 3:59 PM.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!



    Imgur.com

    Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

  12. #937
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sinnoh
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Pikachu is overrated.

    ~~Eevee would make a better mascot.~~
    What do we want? Sinnoh remakes.
    When do we want them? Soon.

  13. #938
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,855

    Default

    Hoopa and the Clash of Ages was a nightmare. Let's forget the poor pacing, excessive exposition, and shafting of major characters. The problem is that they have once again introduced a concept that is more interesting than the movie itself. I had this problem with Lucario no matter how great it is, I had this problem with the DP trilogy, and I had it with the BW dual feature. We never really see the history of this world that much and I really want to see it. It saddens me that the Lore behind the movies is more entertaining the the movie.
    "Everyone creates the thing they dread. Men of peace create engines of war. Invaders create Avengers. People create... smaller people? Er... children! I lost the word there. Children. Designed to supplant them. To help them end."

    "Momentai!"

    "Resistance. Rebellion. You will burn these ideas away."

    But this is the traditional royal Canterlot voice! It is tradition to speak, using the Royal "we", and to use THIS MUCH VOLUME WHEN ADDRESSING OUR SUBJECTS!!

  14. #939
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by satopi View Post
    How can Charizard be inconsistent?? The last time we saw him was in BW where he rivaled Iris' Dragonite and all they did was battle. Charizard just so happens to be one of Ash's most loved and iconic Pokémon due to their bond and his appearances of being both cool and comical. Infernape and Greninja were just his regional powerhouses while Charizard was with him since the beginning. We saw Charizard change from a sweet Charmander then a moody Charmeleon to a cocky Charizard until he got knocked in his place by Charly, started obeying Ash, and honing his skills as a tough battler.
    Yeah can't believe people still think he's inconsistent when he pretty much did nothing in Unova
    Quote Originally Posted by Soniman View Post
    Serena gave Ash a kiss, Lillie gave him a child.
    Currently hyped up fo 20th Movie . BRING IT ON!!!!

  15. #940
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Hoopa and the Clash of Ages was a nightmare. Let's forget the poor pacing, excessive exposition, and shafting of major characters. The problem is that they have once again introduced a concept that is more interesting than the movie itself. I had this problem with Lucario no matter how great it is, I had this problem with the DP trilogy, and I had it with the BW dual feature. We never really see the history of this world that much and I really want to see it. It saddens me that the Lore behind the movies is more entertaining the the movie.
    I was more mad that Arceus ignored Ash at the end.

  16. #941
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,568

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DankOverlord View Post
    Yeah can't believe people still think he's inconsistent when he pretty much did nothing in Unova
    I also don't see how losing is inconsistent. Gym Leaders and many strong people of interest have and will lose. Just because they're on a winning streak doesn't mean winning = consistently strong = character development. I really don't see how losing means a Pokémon is weak. And a Pokémon being stronger than another popular Pokémon doesn't mean it's better than said Pokémon. And it's a fact that Charizard is one of Ash's most iconic Pokémon just as Butterfree was, Greninja recently (I doubt most people who don't even watch the anime know of Ash's Greninja), Chikorita, Oshawott, Aipom, and so on and so forth.

    Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    Hoopa and the Clash of Ages was a nightmare. Let's forget the poor pacing, excessive exposition, and shafting of major characters. The problem is that they have once again introduced a concept that is more interesting than the movie itself. I had this problem with Lucario no matter how great it is, I had this problem with the DP trilogy, and I had it with the BW dual feature. We never really see the history of this world that much and I really want to see it. It saddens me that the Lore behind the movies is more entertaining the the movie.
    That movie was so terribly boring that I didn't care that there brought a ton of random legendaries in one room. That movie just wasn't entertaining, barely anything really happening but Hoopa screwing around with Ash and it having a conflict it'll resolve.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

    (Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

  17. #942
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Gera Gera Resort
    Posts
    1,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
    Yup.



    I'm talking about where Charizard lost to Blaziken and Dusknoir I believe?

    Well anyway, that was my two cents, back to the wasteland where dead people live
    Not sure about Blaziken (it is likely to make Ash lose the league but was not able to fight in the next round in the league) but regarding Dusclops (think that is the Pokémon you are referring to as Dusknoir did not yet exist in the Battle Frontier arc) Charizard only lost due to Ash ordering it to use Seismic Toss on a Ghost-type Pokémon.
    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!


    I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

  18. #943
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    If you want to know the accurate win rate, look at the thread Genallar created-
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ate&highlight=
    Charizard's win rate is a bit higher than Greninja, 86>78.
    Win rates and percentages are irrelevant anyway. As far as Greninja's feats go, why do fans act as if he defeated Mega Gardevoir when in reality he didn't?

  19. #944
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    4,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeviathan View Post
    Win rates and percentages are irrelevant anyway. As far as Greninja's feats go, why do fans act as if he defeated Mega Gardevoir when in reality he didn't?
    It managed to significantly gain the upper hand by over Mega Gardevoir by thoroughly overpowering it momentarily, after forcing Gardevoir to Mega Evolve by overwhelming it in its base form. Even E4 aces haven't managed to gain the upper hand in that manner against a Champion's Pokemon. Wikstrom's Mega Scizor didn't do **** to Diantha's Mega Gardevoir, Lucian's Bronzong didn't do **** to Cynthia's Garchomp. Flint's Infernape did manage to put a good fight against Cynthia's Garchomp, but that wasn't as good as how Ash-Greninja managed to dominate Diantha's Mega Gardevoir. So that's why probably Greninja fans consider it as a great feat, and I also do.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!



    Imgur.com

    Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

  20. #945
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    2,186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DarkLeviathan View Post
    As far as Greninja's feats go, why do fans act as if he defeated Mega Gardevoir when in reality he didn't?
    Apparently her falling on the ground made Greninja superior. So gravity now dictates how strong Ash's Pokemon are.

  21. #946
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    4,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesdayz View Post
    Apparently her falling on the ground made Greninja superior. So gravity now dictates how strong Ash's Pokemon are.
    Ash-Greninja's Water Shuriken made it fly and fall on the ground, not gravity. And which E4 ace has so far managed to make a Champion's Pokemon fall on the ground? Lucian's Bronzong? Wikstrom's Mega Scizor? Flint's Infernape? Give me a break. But Ash-Greninja did. And that's why the feat is incredible no matter how you see it
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!



    Imgur.com

    Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

  22. #947
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    *grabs popcorn and enjoy another episode of "Charizard is inconsistent and overrated while Ash-Greninja rulez because it's Ash-Greninja*

    Back on topic: Krookodile vs Hydreigon should have happened in the Unova league. Imho, it would be a great fight between two very strong aces instead of putting Ash at a disadvantage from the get-go.

  23. #948
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    4,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    *grabs popcorn and enjoy another episode of "Charizard is inconsistent and overrated while Ash-Greninja rulez because it's Ash-Greninja*
    Can't say I'm biased because I made a post earlier on contradicting Power-Up's claim that Charizard has a poor win rate by giving a link to Genallar's thread that shows that Charizard has the highest win rate among Ash's Pokemon. Once again showing it-
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ate&highlight=
    But well, just being reasonable as Ash-Greninja's feats suggests that it's above Charizard at the moment.

    Back on topic: Krookodile vs Hydreigon should have happened in the Unova league. Imho, it would be a great fight between two very strong aces instead of putting Ash at a disadvantage from the get-go.
    Hydreigon lost to Pignite, so I'm sure that Krookodile would've defeated it. Krookodile vs Lucario would've been more interesting in my opinion.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 22nd April 2017 at 9:26 AM.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!



    Imgur.com

    Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

  24. #949
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Posts
    1,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 345ash-greninja View Post
    Can't say I'm biased because I made a post earlier on contradicting Power-Up's claim that Charizard has a poor win rate by giving a link to Genallar's thread that shows that Charizard has the highest win rate among Ash's Pokemon. Once again showing it-
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...ate&highlight=
    But well, just being reasonable as Ash-Greninja's feats suggests that it's above Charizard at the moment.
    Nah, I was just messing around here after I saw how this debate started and I was like "we are back at this again". Don't mind me.

    Hydreigon lost to Pignite, so I'm sure that Krookodile would've defeated it. Krookodile vs Lucario would've been more interesting in my opinion.
    Well, you cannot say that Hydreigon was a pushover after it knock out two of Ash's Pokemon and proved to be quite durable as well. Despite the fact that it had received damage from both Boldore and Oshawott it was still fighting evenly with Pignite and needed lots of hits to be knocked out.

  25. #950
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Kolkata, India
    Posts
    4,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    Well, you cannot say that Hydreigon was a pushover after it knock out two of Ash's Pokemon and proved to be quite durable as well. Despite the fact that it had received damage from both Boldore and Oshawott it was still fighting evenly with Pignite and needed lots of hits to be knocked out.
    Actually, Boldore and Oshawott managed to do only slight damage on Hydreigon, and Pignite did most of the work. Considering knocking out those two Pokemon Hydreigon is slightly above Pignite at best. Krookodile is honestly a bit overrated, but still managing to edge out Sawk(in a condition where both were severely damaged), was impressive in a sense. I still wonder how Lucario managed to edge out Pikachu in that battle- Snivy was going to beat it as a Riolu until that Dues-ex-Evolution happened.
    Last edited by 345ash-greninja; 22nd April 2017 at 10:11 AM.
    Ash×Serena- Amourshipping rules!
    A match made in heaven!



    Imgur.com

    Ash's potential Alola ace!!!

Page 38 of 204 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888138 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •