Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Transgender women and Feminism

What are you even red herring-ing about now? What do you want?

tumblr|twitter
    i claimed zoroark
    pm me for my discord
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    a 3DS debater. nice.

i don't even know why we're entertaining this ***. who the **** goes in a feminism topic preaching feminism is bad?

get this cis white straight boy outta here.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax512 View Post
    If I don't want to be a father it's probably because I'm young and don't have money, doesn't mean I want to never have children. How exactly I am infringing on women's rights? If you have the right to opt out of parenthood, so should I.
    As the Salon article pointed out, you do have a right to opt out of parenthood. You don't have to have visitation or custody. Child support is not the same as parenthood.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax512 View Post
    Why would you support a movement that so toxic that it excludes people based on attributes out of their control?
    and this ****er had the audacity to criticize feminism for exclusion when in another topic he actively advocated for a speaker to willfully disrespect transgender people by misgendering them for the sake of "science".

bobjr is this grounds for trolling of some sort? he's not here to discuss feminism genuinely; he just wants to piss feminists off at this point.
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

So YouTube is blocking LGBTQ-related videos on their restricted mode.

Anybody have thoughts on this?

I'm personally disappointed by this. To me, this is painting the picture of the LGBTQ community as being "inappropriate", and a lot of these videos have absolutely nothing to do with sex and can be important resources for the LGBTQ community, especially trans people.

Well his criticism of feminism is so cliched I'm surprised I haven't seen a "Well I consider myself Egalitarian" or something similar. It fits the "rationalism" mindset where confirmation bias warps thing where labels are seen as bad above all else unless it's "science" they agree with.
    Last edited by bobjr; 20th March 2017 at 5:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarama View Post
    So YouTube is blocking LGBTQ-related videos on their restricted mode.

Anybody have thoughts on this?

I'm personally disappointed by this. To me, this is painting the picture of the LGBTQ community as being "inappropriate", and a lot of these videos have absolutely nothing to do with sex and can be important resources for the LGBTQ community, especially trans people.
    I'm greatly appalled and will definitely share this. This is huge indeed. Erasing the existence of LBGT on a platform like this makes it infinitely harder for them to educate those who need to hear them.

Funny on how I keep getting recommended videos of trans people's experiences.

Hearing the experiences of LGBT people or showing their daily life and struggles and such, really does give people insight and ceasing their ignorance. Popular media always paint stereotypes of what LGBT people look and act like that and that's fuel to how some people view them, like all of them are like that. I for example, had questions of how LGBT parents are like. Are the children treated different like do they turn out gay or do the parents flaunt their gayness like teaching their child to be gay (playing with Barbies with same sex parents or twisting Bible verses like how God created not just Adam and Eve but a love between the same gender)? Do the parents prefer raising the same gender? How do they get children? How do their child(ren) refer to them, etc. When I started watching a few videos of a lesbian couple with children, I started realizing that the children are raised normally, they aren't taught any different from how straight couples are and the criticisms like how there supposedly isn't a strong male figure in their lives are addressed.

There are also gay men who dress averagely and don't try to make their voice sound effeminate so the "gaydar" thing is kind of BS. Their preferred & natural attraction towards either gender doesn't always reflect how they act, sound, and look like. I do believe that there is a partner that acts more or less masculine and tough/feminine and calm. It is really saddening if Youtube really is doing this. They're basically silencing people who have been forced into secrecy for hundreds of years in the past and feels like a violation to their rights. If love is love then that sort of love should have a platform to stand on and express.
    Last edited by satopi; 20th March 2017 at 5:23 AM.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Youtube is a subsidiary of Google.

If Youtube is acting this way, what will Google do in their other subsidiaries?

Even if my experiences are fundamentally different because I was cultured as male- I'm still going to be cultured as female eventually, specially if I "pass". At that point, society can't see a difference unless they invade my privacy.

At that point, I guess i just don't think it matters that much. Maybe i don't get what it means to be a woman as a child, but i get it as a young adult and on- Or at least, I don't get the societal pressures.
    Some trans people even start transitioning earlier, so who's to say, I guess?

Anyway this is about personal experiences first and foremost-so yes, I can concede that we won't have exactly the same experiences. But I've found the whole "you can't experience what i experienced" to be woefully weak. I'd never say that to someone that was trying to empathize with my own struggles as a transwoman, stifles legitimately good conversation. Being trans is "weird" but its not something i feel cannot be understood, etc etc, and understanding is enough.

I guess i just disagree with the premise in the first place over anything else. The differences are small enough they shouldn't friggen matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ereshkigal View Post
    Youtube is a subsidiary of Google.

If Youtube is acting this way, what will Google do in their other subsidiaries?
    Are they going to remove LGBT results from searches?
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123