View Poll Results: Do you collect, play or both?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Collect

7 50.00%
  • Play

0 0%
  • Both

6 42.86%
  • Neither

1 7.14%

Thread: Do you collect, play or both?

Default Do you collect, play or both?

Do you play with your cards, or do you only collect? Or do you do both?

Personally, I'm only a collector. I used to play, but I haven't made a deck in years.

I only collect them for the art. But it's worth it since the art is stunning. Also the EX/GX cards are so shiny and look especially nice
    Banner by me!

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Fanfic Profile:
    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Want to play but no one else does in my real life friends.

My GX cards are sweet though.
    It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

I collect, definately! Recently got my first booster box ever, finally!

So happy with it! To those interested: there's a little giveaway too for some TCG Online code cards :3
    Last edited by LadyRinsun; 8th May 2017 at 8:58 AM.
    Pokémon TCG unboxing channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6L...aSL7sEZnoH9kVg

Looking for events and shinies, especially:
    - Starter events in Cherish Balls

3DS/Y FC: 2294 3907 0334

The first time I encountered a shiny (on Crystal), I thought my game was broken.
    The third time I encountered a shiny (on Y), I almost put it up for Wonder Trade because I didn't even notice.

Shiny Charm obtained on 18-09-2014! Mega late but whatever. First completed dex ever!

I only collected the cards for their art hee hee. This might sound embarrassing, but I've never learned how to play the Pokemon TCG. My friends always tried to teach me, but I couldn't grasp the concepts. ^^;

I used to play the trading card game, although these days I just collect some of the cards. I have a lot of Japanese cards from the Neo era and several English cards that could be scanned with the e-Reader. I've been meaning to get rid of those, however.

I really only collect, and I don't think I've collected since BW. Actually, my last bought cards were the DragonSpeed and DragonSnarl Decks. I don't play often, but I build decks with my younger brother and battle sometimes. I remember that I have some old cards though, that I never used but kept safe, like Erika's Jigglypuff, a Holo-foil promotion Pachirisu, and a Sableye. Other stuff too.
    Claimed Cheren!
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

When it comes to the Pokemon cards I was collector of them from the late 90s to 2003. Course even though I stopped collecting new ones, I still kept all my Pokemon cards. I think my first cards were most likely from the Base Set. Course I might be mistaken on that.

Both, though I mostly just play online. I have a physical deck, but I've only actually played it against my sister, because, well, I'm introverted and have a hard time asking people to play against me even when I am at the local comic book store where they have weekly Pokémon leagues... Still, I buy new cards pretty much every time I go there, and there are several cards I want not for their actual viability but just because... I don't have them, and in some cases they might be of Pokémon I just like. Like how last week, I traded away some rare cards I didn't care all that much about to get a BREAKpoint Gyarados-EX secret print and a BREAKpoint Togekiss-EX. Did I want those cards to use in my deck? No, (though Togekiss might get used anyway) it's just that Gyarados is my favorite Pokémon and Togekiss isn't that far behind.

I do both, but building a deck takes a lot of time and money. So it's rare that I have more than 1 deck at a time, and once my deck goes out of rotation I have to struggle to find something else to run.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

I've collected them throughout the years, never got around playing the actual game. The whole energy system kind of turned me off to be honest. I believe the most valuable cards I have ATM are the Mew Fossil and the 4Ever Suicune and Celebi.
    PSN: HighestMatthias
    PS: The Funky Stunky
    Battlenet: Bahamut#1536

Definitely both. Player and collector.
    But most of my play time is in Pokemon TCG Online. Finally neet to move and find people to play with them
    Recently I start unboxing for each box I'm getting and trying to make it better.
    Anyone fancy to play Pokemon TCG online?
    My Anime Manga Blog: OtakuGuru
    Youtube channel: OtakuGuru youtube - Pokemon TCG unboxing, gameplays, anime stuff etc

I've recently got back into collecting, and I've only now started playing this week, its all started because the school I work at, I'm constantly seeing kids with the cards and trading, which is lovely, but some of them are doing unfair trades (like 6 cards for one legendary card) and then they're getting upset about losing so many of their favourite cards. So I have decided to start a Pokemon club to teach the kids how to play since it all comes down to maths, so I've had to teach myself how to play because I always remember it being difficult as a child. The club is due to start Wednesday and the uptake for it is huge, its our biggest club we've had and I'm running it all on my own. But I'm pretty excited, I think the kids think its nice to have a teacher with an interest of theirs.

That said, I've dug out my old cards and spent 130 this week on buying new cards.

Top 3 favourite pokemon
    Sinnoh Anime Fan!

Right now I only collect, mostly old foil cards that I purchase off of ebay. I have all 151 original Pokemon in card form.

I only collect. I couldn't care less about a card's competitive value. The artwork on the cards is really nice and I love to look at them.

I usually like to get a few tins and more rarely collection boxes. I'll sometimes buy boosters for the fun of it too.

I have so many cards myself including the E-Reader series of cards and I have a completed set of Neo Genesis cards.