View Poll Results: Do you collect, play or both?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Collect

10 55.56%
  • Play

1 5.56%
  • Both

6 33.33%
  • Neither

1 5.56%

Thread: Do you collect, play or both?

Default Do you collect, play or both?

Do you play with your cards, or do you only collect? Or do you do both?

Personally, I'm only a collector. I used to play, but I haven't made a deck in years.

I only collect them for the art. But it's worth it since the art is stunning. Also the EX/GX cards are so shiny and look especially nice

Want to play but no one else does in my real life friends.

My GX cards are sweet though.

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

I collect, definately! Recently got my first booster box ever, finally!

So happy with it! To those interested: there's a little giveaway too for some TCG Online code cards :3
    Last edited by LadyRinsun; 8th May 2017 at 9:58 AM.
    Pokémon TCG unboxing channel! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6L...aSL7sEZnoH9kVg

Looking for events and shinies, especially:
    - Starter events in Cherish Balls

3DS/Y FC: 2294 3907 0334

The first time I encountered a shiny (on Crystal), I thought my game was broken.
    The third time I encountered a shiny (on Y), I almost put it up for Wonder Trade because I didn't even notice.

Shiny Charm obtained on 18-09-2014! Mega late but whatever. First completed dex ever!

I only collected the cards for their art hee hee. This might sound embarrassing, but I've never learned how to play the Pokemon TCG. My friends always tried to teach me, but I couldn't grasp the concepts. ^^;

I used to play the trading card game, although these days I just collect some of the cards. I have a lot of Japanese cards from the Neo era and several English cards that could be scanned with the e-Reader. I've been meaning to get rid of those, however.

I really only collect, and I don't think I've collected since BW. Actually, my last bought cards were the DragonSpeed and DragonSnarl Decks. I don't play often, but I build decks with my younger brother and battle sometimes. I remember that I have some old cards though, that I never used but kept safe, like Erika's Jigglypuff, a Holo-foil promotion Pachirisu, and a Sableye. Other stuff too.
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

When it comes to the Pokemon cards I was collector of them from the late 90s to 2003. Course even though I stopped collecting new ones, I still kept all my Pokemon cards. I think my first cards were most likely from the Base Set. Course I might be mistaken on that.

Both, though I mostly just play online. I have a physical deck, but I've only actually played it against my sister, because, well, I'm introverted and have a hard time asking people to play against me even when I am at the local comic book store where they have weekly Pokémon leagues... Still, I buy new cards pretty much every time I go there, and there are several cards I want not for their actual viability but just because... I don't have them, and in some cases they might be of Pokémon I just like. Like how last week, I traded away some rare cards I didn't care all that much about to get a BREAKpoint Gyarados-EX secret print and a BREAKpoint Togekiss-EX. Did I want those cards to use in my deck? No, (though Togekiss might get used anyway) it's just that Gyarados is my favorite Pokémon and Togekiss isn't that far behind.

I do both, but building a deck takes a lot of time and money. So it's rare that I have more than 1 deck at a time, and once my deck goes out of rotation I have to struggle to find something else to run.
    Shiny Count: 50

Thanks Eeveelover824 for the animated banner!

I've collected them throughout the years, never got around playing the actual game. The whole energy system kind of turned me off to be honest. I believe the most valuable cards I have ATM are the Mew Fossil and the 4Ever Suicune and Celebi.
    PSN: HighestMatthias
    PS: The Funky Stunky
    Battlenet: Bahamut#1536

Definitely both. Player and collector.
    But most of my play time is in Pokemon TCG Online. Finally neet to move and find people to play with them
    Recently I start unboxing for each box I'm getting and trying to make it better.
    Anyone fancy to play Pokemon TCG online?
    My Anime Manga Blog: OtakuGuru
    Youtube channel: OtakuGuru youtube - Pokemon TCG unboxing, gameplays, anime stuff etc

I've recently got back into collecting, and I've only now started playing this week, its all started because the school I work at, I'm constantly seeing kids with the cards and trading, which is lovely, but some of them are doing unfair trades (like 6 cards for one legendary card) and then they're getting upset about losing so many of their favourite cards. So I have decided to start a Pokemon club to teach the kids how to play since it all comes down to maths, so I've had to teach myself how to play because I always remember it being difficult as a child. The club is due to start Wednesday and the uptake for it is huge, its our biggest club we've had and I'm running it all on my own. But I'm pretty excited, I think the kids think its nice to have a teacher with an interest of theirs.

That said, I've dug out my old cards and spent 130 this week on buying new cards.

Top 3 favourite pokemon
    Sinnoh Anime Fan!

Right now I only collect, mostly old foil cards that I purchase off of ebay. I have all 151 original Pokemon in card form.

I only collect. I couldn't care less about a card's competitive value. The artwork on the cards is really nice and I love to look at them.

I usually like to get a few tins and more rarely collection boxes. I'll sometimes buy boosters for the fun of it too.

I have so many cards myself including the E-Reader series of cards and I have a completed set of Neo Genesis cards.

i recently started to buy legit cards. years ago i couldnt afford them xD

i play and collect, but mostly collect. im not good at battles yet, plus i only have my sis to play with me and she isn't good as well since we both started learning haha

I collect and play. The biggest event I've been to is Regionals (for me at Manchester)but I hope to go further. I like decks that don't rely solely on power such a mill or item/supporter withdraw.

My collection spans thousands of cards, some worth a lot of money, but I tend to try to mix with the TCG

biatch im fabulous

i only collect. looked into playing again, but i don't really care to have to start buying new cards. have a decent amount of cards from base set through gym challenge, mixed japanese & english. then some random assortments of rse era cards through early bw era. have bought maybe like 5-10 recent english booster packs?
    i've also bought a box each of 'best of xy' and 'shining legends', resulting in the best pulls of a shining mew and a full art SR foil hex maniac respectively.

sort of concerned about the legitimacy of some of the older cards, but i'm not really sure the best way to go about checking them (have got a few hundred).

Was both through most of Black/White and X/Y, but I can't keep up with the full arts anymore. They've gone way out of control with the number of full arts per set since XY. I had every full art from every Black/White and XY set, but I officially decided to stop collecting full arts and actually sold a few out of my binder a couple weeks ago. My friend has dibs on a page or two of them (mostly supporters) that he is buying whenever he has extra money, and the rest will be on eBay whenever I get around to listing them. Focusing on 2 or 3 decks and not worrying about keeping up a collection anymore.

Most recent shiny: Current Hunt:

Quote Originally Posted by Team Volt Grunt View Post
    Was both through most of Black/White and X/Y, but I can't keep up with the full arts anymore. They've gone way out of control with the number of full arts per set since XY. I had every full art from every Black/White and XY set, but I officially decided to stop collecting full arts and actually sold a few out of my binder a couple weeks ago. My friend has dibs on a page or two of them (mostly supporters) that he is buying whenever he has extra money, and the rest will be on eBay whenever I get around to listing them. Focusing on 2 or 3 decks and not worrying about keeping up a collection anymore.
    yeah i agree, the secrets are getting out of control now. while getting a master set is nice, it's such a pain now. only really interested in getting cards i actually like now, which is probably for the better tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Electricbluewolf View Post
    I collect and play. The biggest event I've been to is Regionals (for me at Manchester)but I hope to go further.
    That's awesome. Back when I played the card game seriously, I only ever competed in small local tournaments and never managed to compete at regional events. And I've recently gotten back into the card game but for some reason, I can't find any place where people gather to play the Pokemon TCG around my city.