Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For Real?! Mallow's Cooking Operation! (961)

Quote Originally Posted by satoharupika View Post
    The above was about Mallow chan's brother but anyways, I don't see why it's required for Ash to get the regional bird when technically, he DID. Like you already explained, Rowlet is symbolically Pikpek but also the regional starter. To be honest, I think Ash only gets the regional bird just to showcase it. U_U With Rowlet's backstory and him being the odd one from having Pikpek siblings, a Trumbeak mom, and a Toucannon dad, it's safe to say Ash has no need to catch the regional bird when he already has it. The real question is, how is he going to explain to his family why he's in love with a berry.
    The reason Ash usually gets the regional bird is probably because nearly everyone has one in their games to fly places. But with PokeRide, that's been rendered a moot point. I'd still want him to get Pikipek simply because Toucannon is awesome.
    Hey, the new subs I found do use Snowball. I win.

I enjoy writing.

Some people want to blend into the crowd.
    Some people want to stand out from the crowd.
    I want to be the crowd.

Currently patiently waiting for my crazy theories to pan out.

Spoiler:- THEORIES:

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Quote Originally Posted by Holy157 View Post
    I mean, I'm no cook, but why would anyone think adding electricity to their food is a good idea? Did that book tell Mallow to do it?
    It told her to add the nectar the episode was focused around locating, in order to give the stew a tingling aftertaste. Since she didn't have any, she thought substituting a Thunderbolt would work.

It didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mystic9899 View Post
    did they mention that mallow's older brother was on some kind of journey?
    Yeah, he's on a culinary journey, which is where he found that recipe.

I wonder if the evolution scene was only done as a reference to magical girl transformations and not an actual thing they will use for the rest?

~ It was a pain to change this signature. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Quote Originally Posted by AuraChannelerChris View Post
    I wonder if the evolution scene was only done as a reference to magical girl transformations and not an actual thing they will use for the rest?

Don't say that...I was looking forward to all the evolutions

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

I like that the series has a decent amount of continuity with things like the pancake race and Rowlet's family being referenced occasionally as well as Rockruff's bond with Ash and Team Rocket's base being plot points that have been developed over multiple episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post

Don't say that...I was looking forward to all the evolutions
    Then an evolving Magikarp will be creepy.

Don't worry, it'll only apply to Alolan Pokemon. All the rest will still have that white glowiness that they've always had, probably. Or Magikarp is going to have a really creepy evolution.

I enjoy writing.

I want to be the crowd.

Eh, I disagree. Yo just show it extending its body with sparkles and changing colors while growing spikes and scales.

I will be disappointed if they kept this evolution sequence a one-time only thing, especially since they have NEVER done that before.

Caught up on this episode, but wow, what a shock. I've been waiting so long for a Mallow centric episode and when it was announced, it did not seem very appealing, but this is another episode of SM that seemed like that first but I ended up enjoying, and a surprise evolution? That was cool, and at least Steenie is around Pikachu and Meowth's size so it means it can be held still.

Top 3 favourite pokemon
    Sinnoh Anime Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Ѕhiny Missingno View Post
    I like that the series has a decent amount of continuity with things like the pancake race and Rowlet's family being referenced occasionally as well as Rockruff's bond with Ash and Team Rocket's base being plot points that have been developed over multiple episodes.
    But as a earlier post noted, that kind of continuity isn't really notable. That is every pokemon series has made frequent references to past events in that particular series. If it is happening at all more frequently now its probably because Ash is staying in one place for more episodes than he ever has since the anime started. What's more notable is if they acknowledge or reference the events of previous series/regions (which Sun/Moon has admittedly done a couple of times).
    The defender of all things Pokemon!

Just occurred to me that Lillie's Vulpix has it's paw resting on Rowlet. Maybe it's just a little bit closer to the Pokemon than it was in SM014?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan View Post
    But as a earlier post noted, that kind of continuity isn't really notable. That is every pokemon series has made frequent references to past events in that particular series. If it is happening at all more frequently now its probably because Ash is staying in one place for more episodes than he ever has since the anime started. What's more notable is if they acknowledge or reference the events of previous series/regions (which Sun/Moon has admittedly done a couple of times).
    I really don't understand the people saying it is no big deal.

If any other series did it, people would be praising it as the best series, but since SM is doing it, people are acting like 'meh, it's nothing special, it's obvious'.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Just occurred to me that Lillie's Vulpix has it's paw resting on Rowlet. Maybe it's just a little bit closer to the Pokemon than it was in SM014?
    Maybe it does. I noticed Togedemaru was on top of Pikachu when the protagonists were talking, Togedemaru glaring at Rowlet when he tried getting close to Bounsweet, and Pikachu kept trying to stop Rowlet from getting near Bounsweet/Steenee so that he won't get hit (the last time was hilarious. Pikachu failed this time.) Maybe Shiron felt a bit sympathetic towards Rowlet. I didn't notice Shiron doing much.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

Quote Originally Posted by Janovy View Post
    I really don't understand the people saying it is no big deal.

If any other series did it, people would be praising it as the best series, but since SM is doing it, people are acting like 'meh, it's nothing special, it's obvious'.
    Because other series do reference the distant past that can be relevant to current events.

Not that quirky pancake race from a few days ago.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 18th March 2017 at 5:33 PM.

So a trainer is shown with a non-native Lickitung on his team. That's neat.

So is showing Golbat with its mouth closed. How is nobody talking about that?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I remember why the evolution scene seemed familiar, it's like classic Ben 10... back when they showed his body changing into the aliens. No wonder I like it. I hope they stick with the method,, it's so cool. I hope we can see Torracat turning into an Incineroar, I just want to see one going from bipedal into more of a humanoid stance.

I do find it strange that Mao chan's older brother has a Lickitung as his partner and yeah I saw Golbat with it's mouth closed but I didn't care much for it aside from seeing how the characters would react.
    ~Certified Alan Apologist~
    Pikachu deserves the main character treatment he rightfully earned!

(Credit goes to Satomine Night)
    Introducing Ash's next traveling companions: The enigmatic Bookworm & insightful Daydreamer
    Mallow-Lillie friendship duo; a bond so close, even the butler ships it!
    -Lady Lana: Full time big sister, part time kickasser
    -Queen Lillie and her duchess Vulpix will stick together, even without the initial intimacy
    -SM Ash will get character development and strives to be the best Ash like no Ash ever was...

I thought Mallow's brother was travelling so didn't pay too much attention to Lickitung.

Golbat was funny, but it was brief so again, not much attention paid.

i just watched this episode subbed and lmao james asked meowth: "do you really want to lose to persian?"

i love these little references

Mal's Review - Sun&Moon Edition

Pros:

* Nice touch with Rowlet and the Toucannon family

* Topu Keko that Sweet Scent speed-up scene

* Stenee's design > > Bounsweet

Cons:

* Mallow seems to the team 'heart' and will probably have a presence in most group episodes, but her individual episodes haven't been as strong

* Generic cooking goal is generic

Thoughts:

* Thunderbolt in the soup...???

* Conspiracy: Long-haired Hau is Mallow's older brother, and they're Sawyer's cousins

Obligatory Mallow goal, but at least a non-filler.

4/10

Last ten episodes ratings: 7.5/8/9/3.5/4/4/7/7.5/7/4
    Average of episodes 1-10: 6.6/10

Electric charged food, has a nice ring to it but I'm not sure why. I hope she gets more on screen chances to pursue her cooking dreams.

This episode was good the sequence of oricorio baile changing to pom pom and bounsweet evolving to steenee was beautiful to watch.the episode itself was enjoyable it had the adventure feeling of a Pokemon I haven't seen in a while and Mallow finally has a dream it may be boring but oh well at least she had one. Overall this episode was good I really wish mallow had an episode earlier I give it a 8/10.

Decent episode for Mallow. Great to see Bounsweet evolve into Steenee. Also nice to learn more about Mallow's family, too. I'm sure some of us would like to try some of that Alola Legendary Stew - it looks delicious, but not with electricity! That would lead to a shocking death, I think. Seeing Rowlet reunite with Toucannon's family for a brief moment was a nice touch.

It's an ungodly skill to somehow keep electricity still being contained inside a liquid like a soup, I guess.

Mallow's dad is a savage.

Wow, this season really has Ash spending too much time with girls all alone. I pity any other girl outside this season that tried to put the moves on him but didn't do it despite having way too many chances at it.

I'm curious how despite attracting over a dozen of Pokemon, none of them even tried to eat Bounsweet seriously. *remembers what this series is* Oh, right. No straight attempted murder scenes.

I guess the only way to spice up Mallow's importance was to immediately evolve her Bounsweet already.

I'm a Rownee shipper.

I think it was a decent episode anyway.
    Last edited by AuraChannelerChris; 1st July 2017 at 7:59 PM.

I'm curious how despite attracting over a dozen of Pokemon, none of them even tried to eat Bounsweet seriously. *remembers what this series is* Oh, right. No straight attempted murder scenes.
    EP12 Mimikyu in a spotlight is as close as this series will get to that.

I enjoy writing.

I want to be the crowd.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast