Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Battle of the Tapus Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Morokei View Post
    Serebii Username: Morokei
    IGN: JayKLMNOP
    WFC: 0576-4814-2765
    GMT Timezone: EST, GMT-4
    Tapu that will be used in team: Place me as a Fini since its lacking people I believe.

Also side note I'm confused about the rules, could you clarify what the no duplicate Tapu's are? Like each person on say for example Team Tapu Koko has to use a Tapu Koko or do you mean there is only one Tapu Koko to be distributed to the entirety of Team Tapu Koko?
    I had a few people were asking about if they can use another tapu on there team with the tapu of there choice which is not correct, so basically since you choosed team tapu fini that is the only tapu be used in your team which you can't have two tapu fini's in your team either. does that make any sense?

Looking for Competitive Pokemon in matching ball choices check out my Competitive Breeding Shop!
    IGN: Allie3ds wfc 1693-1320-3008 PS Name: FairyWitch824
    My Guild~Tef Chat Site~Guild's Spread~Yugioh Club~Art Shop~Youtube Shiny Videos

Its still weird for me. I suppose I'll make a scenario.

So say its Round 1. I bring this team http://pokepast.es/4294966986 Because its Round 1 and I am using Tapu Fini, the rest of my team cannot use that specific Tapu Fini. But they can use a Choice Specs or a Tapu Z Fini?

Or scenario 2 same team as above. But because I am using a Tapu Fini the rest of my team cannot use any Tapu Fini?
    3-DS Friend code: 0576-4814-2765
    X IGN: Keikei
    AS IGN: Morokei
    Sun: JayKLMNOP

Quote Originally Posted by Morokei View Post
    Its still weird for me. I suppose I'll make a scenario.

So say its Round 1. I bring this team http://pokepast.es/4294966986 Because its Round 1 and I am using Tapu Fini, the rest of my team cannot use that specific Tapu Fini. But they can use a Choice Specs or a Tapu Z Fini?

Or scenario 2 same team as above. But because I am using a Tapu Fini the rest of my team cannot use any Tapu Fini?
    I think I understand where you're coming from. I don't think the movesets matter in this case. As long as everyone on your team is running the Tapu they support, they can run any moveset they wish. What Fairy means by the duplicate Tapu rule is that you're not allowed to use more than one Tapu on your team; the only Tapu you're allowed to use is the one whose team you're sided on (in your case, Fini).

Here, I'll use an example. I was initially planning to run both Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu on my team (as one of the teams I often use have both). But since I am sided with Lele for this tourney, I can only use Lele and no other Tapu. I hope this clears up some things.

(sig by me; artwork commissioned by fuuuranz.)

Alola Dex Progress: 97% [Caught: 293 | Seen: 298]
    Latest Shiny Hunt: Cresselia (AS; 1273 SRs) | Completed: 4/13/2017

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLanayru View Post
    I think I understand where you're coming from. I don't think the movesets matter in this case. As long as everyone on your team is running the Tapu they support, they can run any moveset they wish. What Fairy means by the duplicate Tapu rule is that you're not allowed to use more than one Tapu on your team; the only Tapu you're allowed to use is the one whose team you're sided on (in your case, Fini).

Here, I'll use an example. I was initially planning to run both Tapu Lele and Tapu Bulu on my team (as one of the teams I often use have both). But since I am sided with Lele for this tourney, I can only use Lele and no other Tapu. I hope this clears up some things.
    That makes sense since the teams are based around specific Tapu's acting as mascots. However in the second part of the rule its saying you can't make duplicate Tapus for the Tournament for your team and I'm unsure if the team is the six mons you bring or the other people using the same Tapu as you. I'm pretty sure its not like I've got X Tapu Fini let me clone it and use both of the at the same time since that's breaking the species clause, so I'm wondering if everyone on Team Tapu Fini can use their own Tapu Fini's but each set has to be different from your teammates' Tapu Fini.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverLanayru View Post

That is correct I hope he understands you >.> Because I'm running out of ideas to explain lol

@morokeki: your making it sound more difficult then it is when I mean duplicate if you have your tapu team you can't use two tapu finis in your team of 6. So having tapu fini,tapu fini, kingdra,kabuto,omstar,Lapras would be against rules...Also your team you posted is fine btw its not a duplicate since your using one tapu fini
    Last edited by FairyWitch; 11th April 2017 at 7:26 AM.

Looking for Competitive Pokemon in matching ball choices check out my Competitive Breeding Shop!

Serebii Username: Marashu
    IGN: Marashu
    WFC: 4227-1956-1429
    GMT Timezone: EDT, GMT-4
    Tapu that will be used in team: Tapu The End Fini

Quote Originally Posted by Marashu View Post
    Serebii Username: Marashu
    IGN: Marashu
    WFC: 4227-1956-1429
    Tapu that will be used in team: Tapu The End Fini
    accepted at the last minute enjoy the tournament XD

anyway was gunna do rounds but decided at the end i rather have you guys post all battles and i just tally up all the wins and all the loses however rules still apply you must challenge all opposing team members once so if your in tapu koko for example you battle all participates that are in all three other teams wins give your team 3 points and if you lose it gives your team 1 point deduction

Can teams only fight the members of the other teams once as a team, or once as a player?

Zold's Sun and Moon Breeding Grounds: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...eeding-Grounds
    FC: 0362-1474-0473 Name: Zold

Quote Originally Posted by Zold View Post
    Can teams only fight the members of the other teams once as a team, or once as a player?
    Your team tapu lele so you fight all opposing members once in team bulu,team fini, and team koko. Does that make sense? if you win you get 3 points to your team which each loss is 1 point deduction so you have 12 opponents all together...

Battle Result Form:
    Team Opponent: Team Lele (SilverLanayru)
    Round#: 1
    W/L/D: Win 5-0
    Comments: Really good fight, did a good combo with my mega and koko and was able to win

POINTS FOR THE KOKO!!!!!

Battle Result Form:
    Team Opponent: Team Bulu (Summers)
    Round#: 2
    W/L/D:Loss 5-0
    Comments: So. Many. Bulky. Pokes! lol. It was fun :P

Team Opponent: Zold (Team Lele)
    Round#: Round 3
    W/L/D: Loss 0 - 4
    Comments(please don't reveal teams): Really good battle, if I had made better predictions, it would have ended differently xD. At least it was fun.
    Last edited by Sito; 19th April 2017 at 8:50 PM.
    FC: 1676-4178-1142, IGN: Sito

Credit to LynxForte for the Trinity League Userbar

Team Opponent: Sito (Koko)
    W/L/D: I lost; 0-5
    Comments: Ugh, the moment I lost my utility mon to that one combo, I was forced to face the wrath of the real threat. x_x; I should've played this more carefully. Good game, though.

Team Opponent: Crazy0n389 (Koko)
    W/L/D: I won; 6-0
    Comments: I actually like this guy's team. xP Although unfortunately, it was too vulnerable for toxic stall. I probably didn't need to go with that strategy, but I got a bit wary with certain mons. Good game!

Team Opponent: DJSummers (Bulu)
    Round#: 3
    W/L/D: I lost; 0-5
    Comments: The misses... it's always the misses during my needed crucial moments, 'nuff said. ;w; Good game, otherwise!

Team Opponent: Morokei (Fini)
    Round#: 4
    W/L/D: I lost; 0-2
    Comments: I somehow managed to pull off a few surprises, but once my Lele got paralyzed, I couldn't deal with his mega efficiently. Though I do feel content that I was able to get this battle pretty close. ^^ Very good game!

Team Opponent: Archstaraptor (Bulu)
    Round#: 5
    W/L/D: I won; 4-0
    Comments: His team had me worried for a moment because of two certain threats. But thankfully, I learned from my mistake in my battle against Sito for one of those threats. Once I managed to take out all his physical attackers, he had a hard time getting through a wall I still had. Lots of intense thinking going on in this battle. xD Good game!

---

Current Total Score: 2-3 (3 points)
    Last edited by SilverLanayru; Today at 1:28 AM.

(sig by me; artwork commissioned by fuuuranz.)

Alola Dex Progress: 97% [Caught: 293 | Seen: 298]
    Latest Shiny Hunt: Cresselia (AS; 1273 SRs) | Completed: 4/13/2017

Battle Result Form:
    Team Opponent: Lele
    W/L/D: loss
    comments (please don't reveal teams): Strong effort. Had a bit of fun from the battle.
    Fighting Type Gym Leader of the Trinity League!~ Strike when the opportunity arises! If not, you'll be hurting!~

My signing in post, I'll keep editing it with my battle outcomes and total score.

Battle Result Forms

Team Opponent: Sito (Tapu Koko)
    Round#: Round 1
    W/L/D: Win 4 - 0
    Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Good game, opponent had a few surprises, although they didn't kill, it gave them away.

Team Opponent: SilverLanayru (Tapu Lele)
    Round #: Round 2
    W/L/D: Win 5 - 0
    Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Haxy game, opponent missed lots of moves, which caused defeat to come a bit quickly.

Team Opponent: Morokei (Tapu Fini)
    Round #: Round 3
    W/L/D: Loss 0 - 2
    Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Was a really good game, opponent made some great predictions and an unfortunate miss from me didn't help.

Team Opponent: Marashu (Tapu Fini)
    Round #: Round 4
    Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Good game, nice predictions on both sides, just a speed mishap with my opponent which caused him to lose one of his needed mons.

Team Opponent: Zold (Tapu Lele)
    Round #: Round 5
    W/L/D: Loss 0 - 3
    Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Tried to keep a certain mon alive, and made plays that ended up coming back to me in the end. Need to start keeping a certain mon alive.

Team Opponent: twinyoshi45 (Tapu Koko)
    Round #: Round 6
    Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Good game, started the battle off strong. Almost lost it when a mon started setting up for a potential sweep.

Team Opponent: Dunleosteus (Tapu Lele)
    Round #: Round 7
    Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Good game. First game got cut off by a random DC. Ended up doing a rematch, but I had the upper hand since I had my 3 fallen mons and knew a lot of his plays.

Team Opponent: DrasticPhase (Tapu Lele)
    Round #: Round 8
    W/L/D: Loss 0 - 1
    Comments (Please don't reveal teams): Second guessed a lot of plays, and the minor hax in between.

(Next)
    Team Opponent:
    Round #:
    W/L/D:
    Comments (Please don't reveal teams):

Record Total & Points:
    5 - 3 (12 Points)
    Last edited by DJSummers; 21st April 2017 at 3:09 AM.
    Credit to FairyWitch for the Banner & LSG Button
    Credit to Astral Shadow for the Trinity Buttons
    Credit to theangryaron from DeviantArt for the Mega Steelix

Battle Result Forms

Team Opponent: Archstaraptor (Team Bulu)
    W/L/D: Win 2 - 0
    comments(please don't reveal teams): I had to play around this a bit actually since my team really can't take too many hits. I had what I thought was a great win con but I was forced to play around my walls to whittle his team. GG

Team Opponent: DJ Summers (Team Bulu)
    Round#: Round 2
    W/L/D: Win 2-0
    I was honestly on the ropes on this one, a prediction at the correct time and maybe a miss got me back into the game for the win. GG

Team Opponent: SilverLanayru (Team Lele)
    In the beginning I really couldn't do anything his team was Phatttttt. But I managed to gain an upper hand with a key KO however that soon vanished when he was able to pull of two really amazing and effective lures. After his lures it came down to who had more sacks. GG

Team Opponent: Twinyoshi (Team Koko)
    Round#: Round 4
    W/L/D: Win 2-0 (I seem to be getting a lot of those 2-0s)
    Twin got the lead match up on me and even KOed my switch in that turn with an amazing predict. However his team was weak to my wincon and he knew that but his check to my wincon got played a turn or two early so it took the damage necessary to no longer be a check. GG I kept expecting a certain priority move but it never came.

Team Opponent: Zold (Team Lele)
    WL/D: Win (by forfeit) 4-3
    It took some clever maneuvering. Needed Fini's Misty Terrain to set up for the win. Definitely a good game I had to spend a while to figure out the sets.

Team Opponent: Dunkleoestus (Lele)
    Round#: 6
    W/L/D: Lose 0-5
    I was getting beat down in the beginning a bit but I thought I found an opening I needed. Some crits and a miss contributed but to be honest it came down to damage rolls anyway so I'm not sure how much those hax mattered. GG it definitely made me rethink the EV spread of a certain wallbreaker of mine.

Team Opponent: Drasticphase
    Round#:7
    W/L/D: Win 4-0
    Pretty straight forward battle the scouting I did paid off and from there I was able set up a win condition.

Record Total & Points:
    6 - 1 (17 Points)
    Last edited by Morokei; 21st April 2017 at 3:02 AM.

Battle Result Forms
    Team Opponent: DjSummers (Team Bulu)
    W/L/D: Win 3 - 0
    Comments(please don't reveal teams): Excellent battle, we both had a key Pokemon that was very effective, it made it an interesting and switch-heavy game.

Team Opponent: Sito (Team Koko)
    Comments(please don't reveal teams): We had a fun battle, I managed to gain the upperhand by predicting some of Sito's moves after luring out his sets.

Team Opponent: smokin' weedle (Team Fini)
    Comments(please don't reveal teams): smokin' weedle outplayed me when it comes to predictions, but he simply had no way to break my defensive core. Well played.

Team Opponent: Morokei (Team Fini)
    W/L/D: Loss 4 - 3 (forfeit)
    Comments(please don't reveal teams): Forgot about misty terrain, cost me the game.

Team Opponent: Twinyoshi (Team Koko)
    Round#: Round 5
    Comments(please don't reveal teams): We had a fast and enjoyable battle, not much else to say.

Team Opponent: ArchStaraptor (Team Bulu)
    Round#: Round 6
    Comments(please don't reveal teams): We had a poke and run game, eventually his Pokemon wore out before mine, which gave me the win.

Team Opponent: Marashu (Team Fini)
    Round#: Round 7
    W/L/D: Win 6 - 0
    Comments(please don't reveal teams): Had a solid start with some right predictions, causing me to be able to pressure down his team.

Team Opponent: Conquer Phoenix (Team Bulu)
    Round#: Round 8
    Comments(please don't reveal teams): One of my sweepers had a strong advantage vs CP's team, which gave me some KO's. Was a good game though.

Record Total & Points:
    7 win - 1 loss (20 Points)
    Last edited by Zold; 22nd April 2017 at 9:22 PM.

Zold's Sun and Moon Breeding Grounds: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...eeding-Grounds
    FC: 0362-1474-0473 Name: Zold

man alot of editing the spread to do however i be able to do it ^_^ I am almost ready with my team as well just had a few minor problems but will be ready probably in a day or so for battling

Team Opponent: DJ Summers (Team Bulu)
    W/L/D: Loss 0-4
    Well, at least I learned something about speed tiers in this one. :O I made one really bad overprediction, which I then made one really good prediction the following turn to make up for it, but the damage was done.

Opponent: TwinYoshi (Team Koko)
    You managed to turn my 4-0 into a 2-0. Just barely not enough in the end. Well played.

Opponent: Dunkleosteus(Team Lele)
    W/L/D: Win 4-0
    You... have a lot of slow mons, that should be fast mons. Not sure how I outsped, but I outsped.

Opponent: Archstarraptor (Team Bulu)
    W/L/D: Loss 4-0
    Wow! My team didn't even stand a chance! My team seems to have a really hard time against Team Bulu...
    Last edited by Marashu; 21st April 2017 at 2:07 AM.

Serebii Username: Dunkleosteus
    IGN: Hades
    WFC: 0146-9964-0874
    Tapu that will be used in team: Tapu waifu aka lele

Opponent: TwinYoshi (Team Koko)
    W/L/D: Win 1-0
    gg, a lot of switching early on and originally I thought a certain mon would end me, but in the end a crit helped me get the win

Opponent: Marashu {Team Fini}
    W/L/D: loss 4/0
    completely walled most of my team, couldt really do much VS him :/ I did try gg

Opponent: summers (Bulu)
    Round: 3
    Wld: forfeit 5/1
    -_- he tried to stall out the battle rather than ending it, thus I forfeited after building a counter team out of his old team cause of a connection loss while I thought it was a no change rebattle no GG that was just a terrible battle overall

Opponent: archstaraptor (Bulu)
    Round: 4
    Wld: lose 5/0
    I tried, just got completely walled by his team, and then focus miss not missing basically sealed the destruction of my team, gg

Opponent: Morokei {Team Fini}
    Round#: Round 5
    W/L/D: win 5/0
    gg, was a fun match, at first i wasn't 100% at first if my team would do well, but in the end, taking down certain threats helped me get the win

Last edited by Dunkleosteus; 21st April 2017 at 12:55 AM.
    IGN: Neptune/Amun-Ra/Hades
    FC: 0146-9964-0874

credit to AstroShadow for userbar & Kida-Ookami for badge

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkleosteus View Post
    Serebii Username: Dunkleosteus
    IGN: Hades
    WFC: 0146-9964-0874
    Tapu that will be used in team: Tapu waifu
    i will add you in dunk welcome aboard ^_^

Battle Result Form: zold (team lele)
    Round#:#1
    W/L/D: loss 5-0
    comments: bloody stall
    Trinity league fire type leader. I'm an impatient person, so don't keep me waiting for to long.

Credit to lynxforte for userbar

Battle Result Form:Archstaraptor vs Morokei
    Team Opponent:Tapu Fini
    Round#:1
    W/L/D:Loss 0 - 2
    comments(please don't reveal teams): Made a dumb hard switch early game ,on the assumption that I had ev'd a mon a certain way (but I had not used it in so long, I forgot I changed the spread entirely until postgame,whoops ) Was an interesting match!
    I
    Battle Result Form:Archstaraptor vs Dunkleosteus
    Team Opponent: Tapu Lele
    comments(please don't reveal teams): Team matched up to his well, was able to sweep late game after an opening appeared.

Battle Result Form:Archstaraptor vs TwinYoshi
    Team Opponent: Tapu Koko
    Round#: 3
    comments(please don't reveal team): It got a bit haxy with certain status effects late game, but otherwise, nice match!

Battle Result Form:Archstaraptor vs Marashu
    Team Opponent: Tapu Fini
    Round#: 4
    comments(please don't reveal team): Scary team o-o

Battle Result Form:Archstaraptor vs Zold
    Team Opponent: Tapu Lele
    W/L/D: Loss 0 - 3
    comments(please don't reveal team): Tried something different and paid the price against this team.Bad item / move combo vs. a strong team was asking for trouble

Battle Result Form:Archstaraptor vs Emiilava
    Team Opponent: Tapu Fini
    Round#: 6
    W/L/D: Win 2 - 0
    comments(please don't reveal team): I feel I won purely by virtue of my mega. Strong team that I could have lost to, due to the messy situations I set up for myself.GG.

Battle Result Form:Archstaraptor vs Crazy0n389
    Round#: 7
    comments(please don't reveal team): First few turns were scary,managed to turn things around though.

Battle Result Form:Archstaraptor vs SilverLanayru
    Round#: 8
    W/L/D: Loss 0 - 4
    comments(please don't reveal team): One missed opportunity resulted in a chain of events that lost me my silver bullet to victory. So much progress was made up until that point,then all ground to a halt.

5W 3L : 12
    Last edited by Archstaraptor; Today at 2:00 AM.

3926 - 5813 - 3943

Battle Result Form:
    Team Opponent: DJSummers(Bulu)
    W/L/D: Won 1-0
    comments(please don't reveal teams): Hax saved me

Battle Result Form:
    Team Opponent: Morokei(Fini)
    Round#:2
    W/L/D: Loss 4-0
    comments(please don't reveal teams): Couldnt handle the switches

Record
    1-1 (2 points)
    Last edited by DrasticPhase; 21st April 2017 at 3:07 AM.
    No.

Battle Result Form:
    Team Opponent: ArchStaraptor(Bulu(?))
    W/L/D: Loss 2-0
    comments(please don't reveal teams): Couldn't handle the second to last mon because all my answers died xD GG you deserve the win Arch

#TEAM INSTINCT #TEAMMOON #TEAMROWLET
    {~Most recent shiny : Sunset the shiny Kommo-o(MM Moon~}
    {~3DS FC : 5172-2155-3893 IGN Emii(Moon version)~}

Join TEF in the Guild section! Click here!

alright guys I am ready for battle however i will start battling later tonight and will be able to battle the next two days so just message me on discord for a battle

Battle Result Form:
    Team Opponent: Archstaraptor (Chris) ~bulu~
    W/L/D: loss 0-4
    comments(please don't reveal teams): Great match!~ Love the type variation
    Fighting Type Gym Leader of the Trinity League!~ Strike when the opportunity arises! If not, you'll be hurting!~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12