Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    Eyooo so I did something today! I didn't really feel like doing a fan art, but I wasn't in the mood for drawing an OC either, so what did I do? I made an artist profile thing! I tried a little bit of shading with this one, similar to my last one (I wanna try more shading from now on), so feel free to tell me what you think of it!

feel free to ask what walk-trees is

Wait, you're 13? Wow, I'm over a decade older and your pencil crayone skills impress me! Especially the way you shade, whoa!

And this is you, is it? I'm getting a bit of a Juno vibe from your self-portrait, likely due to the orange/white stripe combo. Great work with these!
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Satomine Night for the awesome banner, and Mechadragon X for the sprite in it!

Aww, Ash is so cute! I love his fluffy hair. Once again, some fantastic colors! I love the palate, all the colors look so good together. I think some shading might really make this piece pop, right now our friend does look a little flat. Some other things that might help is making those stripes curve and flow just a little bit.

I'm happy to come back and see you trying some new styles! Branching out, yaaas. I love the details on his necklace, and you've put a lot of detail into the hair as well. I may have a little more critique on this one, if I'm being too harsh don't be afraid to smack me with a newspaper. Detail is good and lovely, don't get me wrong, but with hair sometimes less is more. Unless you are specifically going for a messy feel, try using more unified shapes. It makes hair look a lot flowier. I'm going to advise you to take a look at head shapes, both real and cartoon. Heads are hard, but a pretty vital part in learning how to draw people, especially in a more detailed style. I don't know how to use words here, so I'm going to use things like look up where things are placed on the face. Keep working, my friend. Get better! Do good! Study! Yeeeaaaaaaaaah!!!

Like a bird in the sky, if I believed I could fly, why, I'd fly!
    thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet. don't call me a girl, thanks.
    role player profile . tumblr . claims . art . instagram

Quote Originally Posted by TikTok13 View Post
    Hi ho, me again! Welp, let's see what we got here. Now, you have too much bloody time on your hands. You put the rest of us artists to shame
    If I'm really honest I don't XD I just have a set period on Thursdays for doing my own art projects, so thing usually get done either then or at the weekends (with a couple of exceptions of course).

Anyways, that Ash is pretty good, and it's nice to see that you're now switching between styles. I think that's a good way of honing your skills, as you're managing to retail measurements and details and the like. Overall it's really good.
    Thanks! I did actually realise that when I started doing those kinds of chibis I'd spend quite a while on them, but when I did that one I ended up only taking 45 minutes, which I think is pretty good.

Now, for that vocaloid guy. May I say, those eyes are hella transfixing. Like...blimey. It looks really good, and I love the head in general (where did you get the skin colour tell me pleeeaaaaseeee!). The hair is really good, and you obviously have a knack for it, and somehow, I'm getting a Steampunk vibe from this guy, but I have no idea how. Maybe I'm just in a 'punky mood.

Great job Nerdy, keep it up!
    Thanks! It's the drawing I'm proudest of as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    Wait, you're 13? Wow, I'm over a decade older and your pencil crayone skills impress me! Especially the way you shade, whoa!
    Aww, thanks! It makes me really happy to know that you like my drawing :3

And this is you, is it? I'm getting a bit of a Juno vibe from your self-portrait, likely due to the orange/white stripe combo. Great work with these!
    Ok, I have no idea who Juno is, but I'm still happy you like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchie View Post
    Aww, Ash is so cute! I love his fluffy hair. Once again, some fantastic colors! I love the palate, all the colors look so good together. I think some shading might really make this piece pop, right now our friend does look a little flat. Some other things that might help is making those stripes curve and flow just a little bit.
    I can understand that, I could've done a little more shading. I just wanted to make a quick thing for a friend, sooo yep. I'm glad you think it's cute though!

I'm happy to come back and see you trying some new styles! Branching out, yaaas. I love the details on his necklace, and you've put a lot of detail into the hair as well. I may have a little more critique on this one, if I'm being too harsh don't be afraid to smack me with a newspaper. Detail is good and lovely, don't get me wrong, but with hair sometimes less is more. Unless you are specifically going for a messy feel, try using more unified shapes. It makes hair look a lot flowier. I'm going to advise you to take a look at head shapes, both real and cartoon. Heads are hard, but a pretty vital part in learning how to draw people, especially in a more detailed style. I don't know how to use words here, so I'm going to use things like look up where things are placed on the face. Keep working, my friend. Get better! Do good! Study! Yeeeaaaaaaaaah!!!
    I was actually trying go a little messier with the hair, since I was basing it off a kinda messy concept art XD but yeah, I get what you mean with the head. I had literally only just started drawing him when I did the head angles and kinda went a little weird with it, but I kinda rolled along with it.

Yep, I am gonna study! Woop woop!

----------

So ya girl over here wasn't feeling all that great today - sleep cycle's gone askew, stressful week is coming up, all that wonderful stuff. So I took a miss on my home ed and decided I'd draw. After spending half an hour staring at a blank piece of paper completely lost for inspiration, I just ended up going with the flow and making a random grayscale drawing. Disclaimer: this is probably the edgiest thing I've drawn so far, but it's October aka the spoopy Halloween month and I was in a low mood so I think I'm justified. Also because, y'know, low mood, this isn't the best of quality.

Banner by me!

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story ~ Thinking Through Illness
    Fanfic Profile:
    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

So ya girl over here wasn't feeling all that great today - sleep cycle's gone askew, stressful week is coming up, all that wonderful stuff.
    Me too, friend. Hang in there. *hugs*

Despite you saying it's low quality, it is very good. Grayscale is hard, and this looks lovely. I love the shading in the wings especially, but also her head and hair and neck. I think the only critique I can really give you is your lines look somewhere between sketchy and clean, but again, you're saying you're at a low point so I mean..... that doesn't really matter considering circumstances. Lots of love and support, friend <3

Like a bird in the sky, if I believed I could fly, why, I'd fly!
    thesketchqueen everywhere else on the internet. don't call me a girl, thanks.
    role player profile . tumblr . claims . art . instagram

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchie View Post
    Me too, friend. Hang in there. *hugs*
    *hugs back intensely while listening to angsty Vocaloid songs*

Despite you saying it's low quality, it is very good. Grayscale is hard, and this looks lovely. I love the shading in the wings especially, but also her head and hair and neck. I think the only critique I can really give you is your lines look somewhere between sketchy and clean, but again, you're saying you're at a low point so I mean..... that doesn't really matter considering circumstances. Lots of love and support, friend <3
    Thanks! I didn't know how good the greyscale was since it's not really my speciality, but I'm glad you like it! Thanks for the support <3

---------

Well today's fan art was gonna be another Vocaloid-based one but then the new USUM trailer dropped and I'm now a fan of the little ginger maybe-human-maybe-alien child Zossie who I wanna see so bad that I switched my pre-order from UM to US so I drew her instead. I don't think it's amazing quality but you can decide.

The rubber lines are strong with this one.

Last edited by Nerdy McNerdface; 5th October 2017 at 9:29 PM.
    Banner by me!

Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Fanfic Profile:

Ooh, I'm liking this one. Got a neat human zubat vibe going on. Plus, that's some great texture for the hair. Great going.
    All fear the vampiric ghost skeletal uber mr. mime caterpie!

Thank you Satomine Night for the awesome banner, and Mechadragon X for the sprite in it!

Quote Originally Posted by octoboy View Post
    Ooh, I'm liking this one. Got a neat human zubat vibe going on. Plus, that's some great texture for the hair. Great going.
    Thanks! I'm happy you like the texture of the hair. When I do pencil drawings with hair, I usually end up making them dark-haired so I can do fun effects like this.

--------

So I'm holding off on the Vocaloid thing since it looks like it may be a kinda big project, and today I chose that I'd draw the lovable silent female protagonist of Pokemon SM and USUM, Moon! While I prefer to call her Selene, that doesn't really matter because she looks gorgeous in her USUM outfit, so I did a little headshot drawing of her. I'm pretty proud of this one, but the camera quality isn't that good.

I just realised that both Selene and Zossie have plaits and I just can't wait to see the two interact in US since they look like they could go together like salt and edamame beans.

Banner by me!

Ongoing Stories:
    One-Shots:
    Fanfic Profile:

Well today I wanted to draw a Pokemon character, so I went for an extremely underrated postgame-exclusive guy, Curtis! He's a pure bean who needs so much more love. I don't think I really did well on this drawing - especially compared to my last one - but whatever, opinions are opinions.

Edit: I did another drawing! A friend of mine on Instagram is going through a bit of a rough time right now, so I decided that to cheer them up I'd draw them one of their favourite characters, who I actually happen to have already drawn - Lucifer from The Devil is a Part-Timer! I think this turned out pretty good.

Last edited by Nerdy McNerdface; 8th October 2017 at 7:56 PM.
    Banner by me!

Ongoing Stories:
    One-Shots:
    Fanfic Profile:

Sooo today was just a quick Halloween drawing since I was in the mood. I hope it's alright!

Banner by me!

Ongoing Stories:
    One-Shots:
    Fanfic Profile:

This was technically yesterday, but I was re-reading the first Harry Potter book and realised that I didn't have a bookmark to mark my pages with. So I decided that I'd make myself a little bookmark. After getting extremely lucky finding a piece of sturdy cardboard that would work well as a bookmark, I drew a little design in one of my sketchbook pages and cut it out, before sticking it onto the cardboard with sellotape then fortifying it and protecting it from dirt with more sellotape. I think it turned out pretty nice, so here are two images of it - both on its own and with the book (since I had a serious urge to make one of those aesthetic pictures).

Image 1:

Image 2:
    Banner by me!

Ongoing Stories:
    One-Shots:
    Fanfic Profile:

This was technically yesterday, but I was re-reading the first Harry Potter book and realised that I didn't have a bookmark to mark my pages with. So I decided that I'd make myself a little bookmark. After getting extremely lucky finding a piece of sturdy cardboard that would work well as a bookmark, I drew a little design in one of my sketchbook pages and cut it out, before sticking it onto the cardboard with sellotape then fortifying it and protecting it from dirt with more sellotape. I think it turned out pretty nice, so here are two images of it - both on its own and with the book (since I had a serious urge to make one of those aesthetic pictures).

Image 1:

Image 2:
    IS THAT THE PHILOSOPHER'S STONE?! (Screw the whole Sorcerer's stone thing America has)

Anyway, as promised, awesome work as always and thanks for the Ash chibi for my birthday, HE'S SO ADORABLE!!! You are really improving a lot!

Admit it, Undyne's Genocide theme "Battle Against a True Hero" is just pure awesomeness! She really is a True Heroine.

Man oh man, I've missed a wee bit, haven't I? Welp, better late than never, eh?

Bat-Girl - Really good drawing; fantastic to see a much darker drawing thrown into the mix. It shows that your skill is growing, I guess, and that you're open to new things, so well done!

Zossie - Another really good drawing with a fantastic blend of colours. While the rubber lines are (barely) visible, it's still really good, and you have a remarkable talent for shading and hair! Keep it up!

Selene - I feel like I'm repeating myself, but this is excellent too; I love the hat and again, you're just too good with shading!

Curtis - Curtis really is an underrated character; I remember encountering him during my female playthrough to get a Prankster Sableye. In my opinion, this is actually a really good drawing, and I love how you've shaded the shirt so it just fades off. Brilliant!

Lucifer - Love the colour, love the hair. 'Nuff said. *Thumbs up*

Halloween - I WANT THAT HAT! This is actually a really cute drawing, just that little smile makes me smile!

Book-Mark - Somewhat fitting that we start a Hogwarts RP and you're reading Philosopher's Stone. That's a nice little drawing and a really good bookmark! Maybe I should post one I made last year...?
    Claimed Cheren!
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234