Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Here's a Real Shocker! A Dugtrio Split-Up?! (966)

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco Boshi View Post
    Of course.
    Wow, that was pretty stupid move on their part to remove this one. :/ This marks the 3rd scene that was removed, after Ash's 'glittering' vomit and Meowth's 'death'.

<Made by Flame Haze SnS>
    ~Reincarnated from Dark Absol to Flame Haze SnS~
    To become a Flame Haze, one must be a vessel for the Lord of the Crimson Realm
    Anime Character Bishie: Shana from Shakugan no Shana
    Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch) and Destiny (X-Box One S)

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Haze SnS View Post
    Was Lana's 'dancing' with her little sisters in front of their tv removed in the dub?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabasco Boshi View Post
    Of course.

Wow, that was pretty stupid move on their part to remove this one. :/ This marks the 3rd scene that was removed, after Ash's 'glittering' vomit and Meowth's 'death'.
    Just pointing this out but the scene your talking about with Lana which is removed is a different case the Ash's 'glittering' vomit and Meowth's 'death' in that while the latter 2 where scenes that occurred during the episode the former scene with Lana where the wig and dancing was part of the pokeproblem's solutions and as far as I know the English Dub doesn't show the pokeproblems solutions probably because of them happening after the episode ends, so they probably don't show them because of time restraints.

Ugh Team Rocket was horrible in this episode; especially since they went back to rhyming like this was DP.
    The Kiawe scenes were hilarious but other than that this is just one of the generic cotd/Team Rocket fillers that I want the series to get rid of.

One of the worst fillers ever, if not the worst.
    Who asked for an episode about Dugtrio singing? Kiawe and the TRio were the ONLY enjoyable parts of the episode. Everybody else was annoying, and the cotd was unlikeable.
    Those wigs that the TRio were selling were great references to characters better than ones from this saga.
    2/10

Was Lana's 'dancing' with her little sisters in front of their tv removed in the dub?
    That scene didn't matter anyways. I have nothing against them cutting out that. Meowth's second 'death' on the other hand..... that was so badly cut out too.

Is it weird that I thought Dugtrio's singing was better in the dub than in the original?

~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

Here I thought this episode was going to be as meaningless as the Detective Rotom episode, if not more so. I'm glad to see I was wrong. I mean, sure, it wasn't super-important (what's Rotomdex's newfound voice duplication function going to amount to, anyway?), but at least it was lots of fun. I can't really say I'm a fan nor a hater of the DJ genre, but it can sound good sometimes, as it did here. The DJ himself was an okay character.

Inevitably, I come by scenes that make me think, "Man, I'm glad I don't watch this show in Japanese anymore." Meowth's brief rap was that scene in this episode.

Oh God no... More JP XY music being kept... Sure, it's one of the better XY cues, but still, let the Invention theme (as that track came to be known considering who it's associated with as of the show's million reuses of it) stay in XY, damn it all. Well, at least the dub music is great, as usual, the highlight of which being the Dugtrio DJ Song. Of course, if it turns out that was a track maintained from the JP version, then props to it for sounding great.

So, yes, this was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Latias View Post
    Is it weird that I thought Dugtrio's singing was better in the dub than in the original?
    Of course not. We've all got version preferences.

All PokeProblem scenes are removed from the dub. They honestly don't even matter in the long run, so the episode's losing nothing.
    -Ryu, a resolute fan and advocate for the Pokemon cartoon's English dub.

Fair filler episode, but it is what it is. At least this filler is out of the way. It was cool to see the wigs, with two of them being references to Brock and May. Kiawe moments were great. You see him not on board at first, but then after witnessing the first time, he's instantly on board. Good for you, Kiawe. That Team Rocket shot was hilarious. The only noteworthy of this episode having progression is Rotom Dex having the voice recognition function.

Finally, this is the last of the currently known episodes where, aside from the opening and ending, not all characters appear. Lana (except the PokéProblem scene with her sisters) and Lillie do not appear. Going forward, we now have all characters of the main cast appear, so there's nothing to worry about characters not appearing for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Taylor View Post
    All PokeProblem scenes are removed from the dub. They honestly don't even matter in the long run, so the episode's losing nothing.
    You can't exactly say they were removed. Sure, they don't mean much, but TPC just chose not to show them due to time constraints, even if they as much wanted to show them. They're not going to do it just for one episode. It costs more money to air the 30-second PokéProblem scenes, so yeah. Those scenes are just bonuses that have nothing to do with the main plot of the Sun & Moon anime. It would have been nice to see Lana, Harper, and Sarah dance together, but it's not a huge deal that it wasn't shown.

Spoiler:- Lana's Family:

Meh, this episode was rather bland. The May/Brock/Wally wigs were nice easter eggs, and the Kiawe fanboying over the concert was kind of funny.... other than that, there's nothing interesting to note. I didn't really care about DJ Leo or his band of Dugtrios.

The dub was pretty bad. The PokéProblem scene was cut as expected, and Team Cathcart Rocket went back to making stupid rhymes. Also, the Kalos Gym Battle theme and the catchy variation of the Pokéride theme were replaced with Goldfarb's generic "hip" music.
    Music kept in Dub (4)
    • Title card theme
    • Kalos Route 4
    • Alola Wild Pokémon battle theme
    • Alola Trainer battle theme
    Last edited by NPT; 16th July 2017 at 5:25 PM.

I just want to mention that the Kalos Route 4 theme is a Sun and Moon new remix. It is not an XY theme.

Quote Originally Posted by NPT View Post
    The PokéProblem scene was cut as expected.
    Again, it wasn't cut. It just wasn't part of the original episode.

They should have just had Diglett and Dugtrio do the "Diglett dig Diglett Dig TRio TRio Trio" song the entire episode. That said, Meowth's attempt at music was so bad it crossed the line into humorous. Also, 2 of the Dugtrio are female and one is male? How does that even work if it evolved from a single Diglett?
    Hey, the new subs I found do use Snowball. I win.

I enjoy writing.

Since the CO thread closed before I could start something, I'll put it here instead. IGN was right. Hoenn is the worst region geographically.

Some people want to blend into the crowd.
    Some people want to stand out from the crowd.
    I want to be the crowd.

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

How do they have enough money to go to the same concert back-to-back nights?
    Quote Originally Posted by PokemonKnight View Post
    Good grief, did XY and XYZ steal your wallet, burn down your house and take your lollipop?

Quote Originally Posted by LilligantLewis View Post
    How do they have enough money to go to the same concert back-to-back nights?
    Pretty sure they got in free the second night thanks to Leo knowing Kukui from school, and also for rescuing Dugtrio.
    Hey, the new subs I found do use Snowball. I win.

I enjoy writing.

Since the CO thread closed before I could start something, I'll put it here instead. IGN was right. Hoenn is the worst region geographically.

Some people want to blend into the crowd.
    Some people want to stand out from the crowd.
    I want to be the crowd.

Taken from Serebii Episode pictures EP 928

Quote Originally Posted by TheWanderingMist View Post
    They should have just had Diglett and Dugtrio do the "Diglett dig Diglett Dig TRio TRio Trio" song the entire episode. That said, Meowth's attempt at music was so bad it crossed the line into humorous. Also, 2 of the Dugtrio are female and one is male? How does that even work if it evolved from a single Diglett?
    How about Diglett Dig Diglett Dig LEO LEO LEO
    Good grief, did XY and XYZ steal your wallet, burn down your house and take your lollipop?

Came here to check the dub version of the Dugtrio song. It was slightly better than the original, with "Dug Dug Dug" sounding better than whatever squeaking the sub version was. Still very off pitch with the harmony; only one of them was actually in pitch while the other two were garbage so it was still trash.

How about Diglett Dig Diglett Dig LEO LEO LEO
    Yeah, that would have just sounded so much cooler.

This episode was...weird. The actual plot of the title happens during the second half and gives almost no time for it to last that much. Why didn't it start earlier?

Leo nearly goes back to his old look just by not having his Dugrtrio around. Geez, man, get a hold of yourself.

By the way, I spotted the Background Riolu again. It's a Jessica fan.

~ Rabbid Mario: Watch out, we have a badass over here. ~

Wii U: AuraGuyChris
    Youtube Channel - Splatoon 2 - Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsoccermaster View Post
    Finally, this is the last of the currently known episodes where, aside from the opening and ending, not all characters appear. Lana (except the PokéProblem scene with her sisters) and Lillie do not appear. Going forward, we now have all characters of the main cast appear, so there's nothing to worry about characters not appearing for the time being.
    Wait, so the episode whose title literally tells us Sophocles is leaving is a lie?! Great, another Pikachu's Goodbye. I was actually really excited for Sophocles to leave lol. I hate him

Wait, so the episode whose title literally tells us Sophocles is leaving is a lie?! Great, another Pikachu's Goodbye. I was actually really excited for Sophocles to leave lol. I hate him
    Sorry, didn't put that in spoilers. But yeah, Sophocles doesn't actually leave. Would be totally odd and unreal just to have someone who is part of the main cast for only 23 episodes out of the Sun & Moon saga.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsoccermaster View Post
    Sorry, didn't put that in spoilers. But yeah, Sophocles doesn't actually leave. Would be totally odd and unreal just to have someone who is part of the main cast for only 23 episodes out of the Sun & Moon saga.
    Well, I didn't actually see this reply until just now lol, but anyway I was just spoiled a few minutes ago in the thread about whether SM can become serious

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123