Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Prejudice Plus Power and Racism and Sexism

I'm not even going to entertain a response to my thoughts on anti-semitism. I made my points pretty clear and folks who have questions can read if they like.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuboy View Post
    Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Zero
    I roam Johto with my partner Pokemon, Rattata, who knows Hyper Fang, Sunny Day, Rock Smash and Cut. Anyone who runs with more than one Pokemon or evolves their Pokemon takes the game way too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    I'm not even going to entertain a response to my thoughts on anti-semitism. I made my points pretty clear and folks who have questions can read if they like.
    This post?
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostAnime View Post
    But it's not even clear if Jews are considered a race. Your original statement was that white privilege needs to be done away with because there are white people who are oppressed; but that doesn't remove the fact that they are also privileged for having white skin.

White women are oppressed by white men but still have white privilege. Same with white-passing Jews.

It's hard to truly classify Jews as a race because there really isn't a specific "Jew" look, and a lot of what they go through isn't systematic in the sense of poc who normally go through racism in multiple ways (schools, police, media...). Jews, at least in America, are actually associated with wealth.

It's just.. a very complex category. It never really "fits" with anything. It's simply its own classification and system of oppression. Of course, this is my view, and an actual Jewish person may feel different (do we have anyone here?), but it's not universally agreed that Jews are considered a race.
    Jackpot!

I have a theory that the Pokémon world and the Mother world are one in the same. I won't go into spoilers for Mother 3, but think of Black and White's story of the dragon and the twins. Also, chimeras are kind of like Pokémon.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415