Thread: Pokkén Tournament sequel?

Question Pokkén Tournament sequel?

Do you think that there will be a sequel to Pokkén Tournament for the Nintendo Switch and/or video arcade machines? That's because Pokkén Tournament has become the best-selling Wii U video game. If not, please tell me the reason. Thanks.

I'd be shocked if we don't get one. I get Pokemon psinoff games have been meh in the last few years but pokken was a good one and to not see another one would be a bit stupid.
    There's a tyrant king with a reptile heart
    And he's started a wave of crime now
    From his ship high above he abducted my love
    For the fourteenth or fifteenth time now

I could definitely see a re-release or a sequel to Pokken on the switch. I'm hoping for some Alola Pokemon to make an appearance; they added a lot of humanlike Pokemon that could transfer easily. Tsareena and Pheromosa could potentially be Pokken's version of Anna and Nina Williams, and Xurkitree could be similar to Voldo.
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

3DS Friend Code - 4613 7899 0504 In-Game Name for Moon: Raphael

I remember seeing an interview with a member of staff stating "We make games like Dungeon and Pokken Tournament...". This suggests to me that a sequel to Pokken is pretty likely, probably on the Switch or something. I'd like to see it happen regardless, since the Wii U version missed the update characters and considering the Wii U itself is pretty much dead at this point, a rerelease on the Switch with the extra content or a sequel is welcome.
    Last edited by Weavy; 24th April 2017 at 7:59 PM.

I am still over here waiting for the new characters on the Wii U. A Switch version would be disappointing for 2 reasons: neglecting those that bought the game and supported it on Wii U, and the fact that I have no intentions of buying a Switch right now.
    Currently Playing: Pokémon Moon

Quote Originally Posted by MiloticTwins View Post
    Do you think that there will be a sequel to Pokkén Tournament for the Nintendo Switch and/or video arcade machines? That's because Pokkén Tournament has become the best-selling Wii U video game. If not, please tell me the reason. Thanks.
    Pokkén Tournament was successful on the Wii U, despite coming at the end of its life cycle, but it was not the best selling Wii U game. According to Nintendo, Pokkén Tournament is not in their top 10 Wii U sold list. VGChartz, not the most creditable source but the best I have, estimated Pokkén Tournament sold 1.3 million units, which would it #15 on their list. I think it was the best selling Wii U game of 2016 though. :P

I think Pokkén Tournament will come to Nintendo Switch. Darkrai, Scizor, Croagunk, and Empoleon still have not came to the Wii U version, so I feel they are going to pull a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe with Pokkén Tournament. They are clearly letting money sit on the table if they do not port it to the Switch. I would love to see some Alolan Pokémon in this game. I do not think we are getting a new original Pokkén Tournament anytime soon. I assume the team who worked on Pokkén are working on Tekken 7, so it will be a while until we get a new entry.

Credit to Wolfprince.

I am mad hyped for the new edition on the switch. Glad the new arcade fighters are being added, but my biggest surprise was Decidueye. This was my favorite starter in S/M and to be played as a playable fighter makes me even more happier. I will still hope for the possibility of at least a couple more surprise fighters, but as it stands the roster is just perfect. Again the hope for several more fighters representing Gens 5-7 would be great, and the new 3v3 battles sounds interesting as well and I cannot wait to see how its implemented.
    Sun and Moon Teams
        Spoiler:- S/M Teams:

Looking forward to playing Pokken on the Switch. Lacked a Wii U and it looks hella fun to play, especially since now all the characters are here.
    It's so fluffy I'm gonna die!

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3939-2078 | Woody (Sun) | Moon (Moon)

Switch Friend Code: SW-6300-2045-4545

I've never played Pokken Tournament before so I might pick this up. It does look fun but it will mostly depend on how much I can do offline as I'm not big on playing against other players. Decidueye looks fun to play though.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem Aeternam View Post
    I've never played Pokken Tournament before so I might pick this up. It does look fun but it will mostly depend on how much I can do offline as I'm not big on playing against other players. Decidueye looks fun to play though.
    Pokken does have a sort of story mode you can try, but its really a league where you face opponents. The game is quite fun being able to control the pokemon and fighting with them, adding the 3v3 mode honestly gives a better access to developing a team, whereas the Wii U version only had 1v1.
    Sun and Moon Teams

Honestly, I'm pretty disappointed about this. I said this in another thread recently, but Pokken was a game with great potential, but it just didn't quite live up to it. I think that a sequel would have a chance at living up to this potential, but an expanded port won't. And really, nothing about that trailer convinced me that this is something I already need to buy when I already have Pokken on Wii U. Five new characters is nice, but it's just not enough. Oh well, hopefully we'll see a real sequel sometime.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Depends what the price tag is.

I fully expect a full RRP but it would be nice if it's cheaper for those that got Wii U. Could then been seen as DLC for (1) gaming on Switch (2) new characters and modes.

But yeah, it must suck at times being the owner of a Wii U.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    Depends what the price tag is.

I fully expect a full RRP but it would be nice if it's cheaper for those that got Wii U. Could then been seen as DLC for (1) gaming on Switch (2) new characters and modes.

But yeah, it must suck at times being the owner of a Wii U.
    Yeah, it will likely be at full price. A shame, indeed, but it is what it is. It's just like the treatment Mario Kart 8 Deluxe had, although Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was cheaper and more content than the original, since there's the additional $12 for the DLC packs in the Wii U version. Both versions of Pokkén Tournament will be $59.99, but Pokkén Tournament DX has more content for the same price.

I think there should be a few new characters alongside the arcade characters and Decidueye.

Immediate ones that spring to mind are Incineroar and Hawlucha. Can't think of one right now that would round it up to 24.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozocrone View Post
    I think there should be a few new characters alongside the arcade characters and Decidueye.

Immediate ones that spring to mind are Incineroar and Hawlucha. Can't think of one right now that would round it up to 24.
    Either Lycanroc form would do, it has been a popular pokemon from gen 7, plus it could help represent the rock type pokemon.
    Sun and Moon Teams