Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Miraculous Rare Encounters

Quote Originally Posted by Breeloom View Post
    That's because their catch rates are so high. This is very common.
    Yeah, I know. But it felt good. Boy, did it feel good.
    3DS FC: 3523-3464-8565
    3DS Name: Elliott

Check out my trade shop with hundreds of Shinies and Events!

On one of my LeafGreen runs, I caught Moltres in one try with a standard Pokéball, without lowering its HP. That took me completely by surprise, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarama View Post
    On one of my LeafGreen runs, I caught Moltres in one try with a standard Pokéball, without lowering its HP. That took me completely by surprise, lol.
    So you had a Chuggaa moment?

I managed to obtain one Tapu in Pokemon Moon and Pokemon Sun respectively in a Quick Ball. Granted that chance was naturally increased, but still just one...my first try even
    Favorite Generation: V
    Favorite Pokemon per generation:
    Favorite type: Water
    Favorite team: Plasma
    First shiny: (search) (random) Beast Trio (event), (SR) (Trade) (Chain)

I do remember that while fishing in ORAS once, I ended up stumbling across a rare Feebas, which isn't as rare as in RSE or DPPt granted, but still pretty rare, so I was happy.
    Banner by me!

Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Gallery:
    Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    I do remember that while fishing in ORAS once, I ended up stumbling across a rare Feebas, which isn't as rare as in RSE or DPPt granted, but still pretty rare, so I was happy.
    How rare depends on where you fish. Under the bridge on Route 119 I believe, Feebas is 100%

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    Safari Zone shinies are inherently miraculous, so well done. Was it a male or female Nidoran
    It was female. Unfortunately, I think shiny Nidoqueen is hideous.

How rare depends on where you fish. Under the bridge on Route 119 I believe, Feebas is 100%
    It wasn't under the bridge since at the time I didn't have a surfing mon. I fished at that area where the stairs were that you went down to reach a place you could surf.
    Banner by me!

Note: I often struggle to get motivated to write or draw. Just because I don't update a story or my art gallery in a while does not mean that I've given up on that story or drawing. If I decide to cancel a project, I will post in the corresponding thread.

Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Gallery:

I was SRing for a shiny Mesprit. It was the second of the Lake Trio that I was chasing, and after many (don't remember *how* many) it finally popped! As I was whittling it down, somewhere in the process I accidentally hit the "run" button. As soon as I did that I knew I had fouled up majorly and was prepared to howl. Mesprit however, had other ideas. I was trapped! I couldn't run on that roll and was able to capture it soon afterward
    Default Signature: I need to make a new one! Mebbe a banner? Too many shinies to properly post. /sad face on

FC for ORAS: 2767-1817-3785
    Type: Poison- Muk, Cascoon, Venomoth

I ran into Entei on my old Silver version or Crystal version and I caught him in a Pokeball. It caught me off guard since I just threw it at him for fun.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdy McNerdface View Post
    It wasn't under the bridge since at the time I didn't have a surfing mon. I fished at that area where the stairs were that you went down to reach a place you could surf.
    In that case, you are quite lucky

A while ago in FireRed I left one Safari Zone trip with a lucky egg Chansey, dragon scale Dratini, Tauros, and an adamant Kangaskhan with perfect 31 IVs in attack and speed. Never had anything like that ever since.

~~

Quote Originally Posted by Bananarama View Post
    Nice! That's pretty cool.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    A while ago in FireRed I left one Safari Zone trip with a lucky egg Chansey, dragon scale Dratini, Tauros, and an adamant Kangaskhan with perfect 31 IVs in attack and speed. Never had anything like that ever since.
    Getting a Chansey in the Safari Zone at all is lucky on its own right, that's why they call her Chansey

I remember my encounter with a Shiny Bunnelby in X at the very beginning of the game and as a result the Pokedex entry showed Diggerby's shiny colors since I evolved it before I see a normal one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthlord7 View Post
    I remember my encounter with a Shiny Bunnelby in X at the very beginning of the game and as a result the Pokedex entry showed Diggerby's shiny colors since I evolved it before I see a normal one.
    Fistbump there. I believe I had a similar experience to Leavanny, as I managed to obtain a shiny Swadloon by surprise early

While it still took me three hours, I did get my first ever Shiny (Togedemaru) through SOS after just 35~36 encounters without the Shiny Charm, which I'd say is really good.

It took me three hours because the stupid thing wouldn't call for help or get replies to its calls. But I guess that's unlucky so I'll shut up about that.
    Banner by me!

Ongoing Stories:
    One-Shots:
    Gallery:

I remember Dex Naving for a Shiny Ralts in Alpha Sapphire. Twenty Chains in and it showed up with 31 IVs across the board! I named him Lapis, evolved him into a Gardevoir and taught him Hyper Voice for Mega Gardevoir's ability and he is a great special sweeper. I was so lucky that day.

Admit it, Undyne's Genocide theme "Battle Against a True Hero" is just pure awesomeness! She really is a True Heroine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia Blaze View Post
    I remember Dex Naving for a Shiny Ralts in Alpha Sapphire. Twenty Chains in and it showed up with 31 IVs across the board! I named him Lapis, evolved him into a Gardevoir and taught him Hyper Voice for Mega Gardevoir's ability and he is a great special sweeper. I was so lucky that day.
    Why would you evolve a male Ralts into Gardevoir?

Why would you evolve a male Ralts into Gardevoir?
    Depends on the nature. I have a male shiny Gardevoir myself, and since I was MMing for Modest I never intended to evolve Ralts into Gallade, since it would be pretty useless as a physical attacker.

Speaking of MMing, I once hatched a shiny Feebas on the first egg. Granted, I had the Shiny Charm, but I still can't believe I got it on the first try.
    Current shiny hunts:
    SoulSilver BQ #13 - Slowpoke Well - 13700 REs | White 2 BQ #8 - Giant Chasm - 22000 REs | Platinum BQ #4 - Cranidos - 50 SRs
    White - Dragonspiral Tower (Phase 2) - 1000 REs | Y Route Quest #3 - Route 3 - 7000 REs | Sun Trial Quest #4 - Wela Volcano Park - 5000 REs

Latest shiny:

Platinum BQ #3 - 1167 SRs - 8/14/17

There's so many wars we've fought, and so many things we're not
    But with what we have, I promise you that we're marchin' on

I caught a shiny nindoria in the safari zone with my last safari ball which was cool because it was my only ball in that encounter. This was in leaf green version
    Fc 190809318571 ign for y Aireus
    My friend safari has electrode, zebstrika, helioptile
    In game name for omega ruby is Aaron
    In game name for sun Aireus

I have claimed Pichu and together we will change the world

Quote Originally Posted by Shinyhunter1990 View Post
    I caught a shiny nindoria in the safari zone with my last safari ball which was cool because it was my only ball in that encounter. This was in leaf green version
    Safari shiny catches are the best safari catches. Anyone who manages it deserves an internet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12