Thread: Help Rate My Team!

Default Help Rate My Team!

Hello this is my latest team, I want to get into the competitive scene. I plan on using this team in the upcoming games international challenge May. I'm open to any helpfull critique. Any suggestions on Movesets, EV Training, or even different pokemon would be helpfull. THANK YOU

Porygon2 Eviolite
    Ability: Download
    EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Modest Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - Trick Room
    - Protect

I'm using Porygon2 because it's a special attacking tank. Helps me take care of Garchomp with Ice Beam, also Thunderbolt does some good damage when Electric Terrain is up. Also I'm using Trick Room just in case my opened the is overwhelming my team with speed. And counter to Tailwind.

Arcanine Fightinium Z
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Flare Blitz
    - Close Combat
    - Extreme Speed
    - Protect

I'm using arcanine for Celesteela threat, and gives good Fire type coverage and can take hits.im using close Combat and Fightanium Z as a counter to Bulky Normal Types like snorlax, and also helps me take care of the Evo boost threat from Eevee. I use Tapu Koko skydrop to pick up the Smeargle or Clefable, and take out Eevee with all out Pummeling.
    Aloan have a little speed EV investment to outsized Butterfree and sleep powder.

Mimikyu Ghostium Z
    Ability: Disguise
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Shadow Claw
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Destiny Bond
    - Curse

I'm using mimikyu because Curse and a well timed Destiny Bond helps eliminate threats, also Shadow Sneak is nice priority, and the Never ending nightmare destroys Psychic types like Tapu Lele

Tapu Koko Focus Sash
    Ability: Electric Surge
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Thunderbolt
    - Dazzling Gleam
    - Sky Drop
    - Protect

I'm using Tapu Koko because Electric Terrain helps get rid of opponents Terrain and prevents status conditions like sleep which is hard to deal with, sky drop is my tech to help elicited threats with arcanine and damage with Electric Terrain is very good

Garchomp Rocky Helmet
    Ability: Rough Skin
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Poison Jab
    - Rock Slide
    - Protect

I have Garchomp instead of Aloan Muk because I feel like my team needed more ground coverage then Poison/Dark, and with rocky helmet/Rough Skin helps deal chip damage, I don't use Garchomp too often because of Ice and a Fairy wrakness.

Gastrodon-East Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Storm Drain
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
    Calm Nature
    IVs: 0 Atk
    - Scald
    - Fissure
    - Stockpile
    - Recover

I use Gastrodon because it's a very good Wall and Alot of times with no Grass coverage it wins me games. Scald gets Burn. A lucky Fissure kicks out threats and will likely land because ethereal amount of time it stays on the field. Stockpile to build defenses, and recover to keep being a wall. Sitrus Berry helps on setup for stock pile because it regains health while I build my defense.

Sorry also for abilities Download on Porygon2 obviously for special attack boost, Arcanine-Flare Intimidate to lower attack, Mimikyu Disguise because it's tough to play around, and Gastrodon Strom Drain because when u switch in and opening tries to Hydro vortex, and also shuts down Water types

Welcome to VGC!

Your Porygon2's spread needs some work. Max speed really does not do it any good, especially if it has Trick Room (where you want to be as slow as possible), and it generally does not need too much special attack either (and the 4 attack EVs do nothing if you are not running Return or another physical move). P2's job is really to just be bulky and set up Trick Room typically. A Sassy nature (ideally with a 0 spd IV) with max HP is a good starting place. Maxing out either defensive stat is fine, but 188 Def EVs and 68 SpD EVs balance your stats and also give opposing P2 an attack boost from Download. You can invest a little in SpA to pick up certain KOs, but I've found that running a Quiet nature gives the most efficient spread then. Protect is an underrated move on P2 I think, but it is tough to fit on a spread. Personally I think Recover is much more important, especially so P2 can win certain 1v1s or 2v1s.

Arcanine looks pretty good, though I wouldn't worry about trying to outspeed Butterfree as you'll never see it. The speed investment can still be nice. The fighting z move is also overkill for Eevee:
    252+ Atk Arcanine Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Eevee: 226-268 (139.5 - 165.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
    but I do really like the creativity. A "super" Sitrus Berry or Choice Band would be my preference, but you can do some surprising damage to Pokemon like Snorlax and Gigalith with the z move.

Love this Mimukyu for picking up surprise OHKOs on Tapu Lele with the z move. Curse is pretty useless though. I would replace that with Play Rough or Trick Room. I used the z move one on a Trick Room team and even with the speed, it can be a reliable TR user in many situations.

Koko looks pretty good. I'm partial to the Life Orb variant, but Sky Drop (and Volt Switch) are both great for putting yourself into a good position for Trick Room.

Garchomp isn't really doing much in my opinion. Rocky Helmet is more of a defensive/Stealth Rock-user singes thing. Z move is the most common, and would do well on your team since you do not have anything to Earthquake next to without Protecting, but Choice Scarf and Assault Vest can also work really well on certain teams (but again, nothing to EQ freely next to).

Gastrodon is ok, though I would not run Fissure unless you pair it with the ground z move. I would probably run Toxic over it, and a "super" Sitrus Berry (Mago, Aguav, whatever berry works with that nature) is probably better than Sitrus.

Definitely some good pieces, and I like teams with multiple modes (fast and slow with TR), but the teams lacks some synergy. Like I said Garchomp can't really do its thing without the z move or something to freely EQ next to, but you also don't really have much to use to take advantage of Trick Room with. Countering Tailwind with it is fine, but chances are your opponent (if they know what they're doing) won't automatically set it up in front of a Porygon that can TR. A true TR sweeper (Belly Drum Snorlax (who is great with Mimikyu), Gigalith, Torkoal, etc.) can take advantage of your Trick Room better.

Is there anything (weather teams, popular leads like Drifblim-Tapu Lele, etc) that gives your team trouble in testing?
    Trust The Process

FC: 2680-9085-8247
    IGN: Andy
    PotW VGC Writer

VM/PM me if you're interested in some VGC 2017 battles!!
    Also check out my trade post (http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...2#post18385672) for my list of hundreds of competitive shinies, events, and competitive legendaries up for trade!

Thanks for the helpfull suggestions! And yea I'm going to take the speed out of Porygon and invest it in HP or defenses for more Bulk. And I feel like Garchomp is just there I'm having a hard time using him, before Garchomp I had Aloan Muk and I didn't find much use, and with Garchomp I'm not find ding much use, but I think would be good against Nihilego. And when testing what gives me trouble was status conditions which I added tap Koko to overcome that, and speed control like Trick rooms and Tailwind, but usually if I can over come that I win. And when I lose its because I made bad selections going into the battle, I brought the wrong pieces. I really need something to make better use but still be able to handle an Aloan Muk and Nihilego. Any replacement suggestions for Garchomp would be nice, because his weakness to Ice and Fairy makes him hard to use

I'm going to replace Garchomp with snorlax, Garchomp has a x4 weakness to Ice and it's killing me. I can set up with snorlax and take advantage or Porygon2 Trick Room