Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Adventure Weekend event!

Default Adventure Weekend event!

http://pokemongolive.com/en/post/adventureweek2017

Short and sweet - starts May 18th 1pm PDT! One week event! Rock types spawn more often! (Larvitar, Aerodactyl, Kubuto please!) Buddy pokes give candy in 1/4th the distance! Pokeballs cheaper! More items from stops! New hat!

Pokémon GO was developed for people to easily experience classic Pokémon gameplay on their mobile device and catch Pokémon in the real world. As a result, every day, people around the globe go outside, explore the world around them, make some new memories, and get some exercise along the way. We’d love to honor the memories created so far, and our collective journey yet to come, with the Pokémon GO Adventure Week celebration from 1:00 P.M. PDT on May 18 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on May 25, 2017.

To help you stock up for your upcoming adventure, more items will be awarded from every PokéStop you visit, and Poké Balls will be 50% off in the in-game shop. Your Buddy Pokémon is also in the adventuring spirit and will find Candies four times as fast for the duration of the celebration. Whether you’re exploring your neighborhood or an exotic new location, make sure to watch for Rock-type Pokémon such as Omanyte, Kabuto, and their Evolutions. Keep an eye out—maybe you’ll even spot Aerodactyl!

Last but not least, you’ll notice an all-new avatar item has been added to your wardrobe—the Explorer’s Hat! Once Adventure Week begins, grab your new hat and head out on your journey.
    I feel this'll be a step up from the previous event. More buddy candy is appreciated.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Pokémon news, opinions, creative works and more. Now live!

NEW! Pokkén Tournament DX ReviewThe Numbers Game: Shiny and Perfect Pokémon

Word to the buddy candies. I have so many rare Pokémon that need, like, 50 more candies before they evolve. So many. ;_;

Hilariously, Kabuto is one of them.

In the meantime, ngl, it does feel like a step up from the grass event at the very least, what with, yanno, the longer duration, the half-distance candies, and the hat. Plus, I get the feeling folks are yearning more for rock-types than water- or grass-types, judging by some of the posting going on in the other threads. Tbqh, I feel y'all, and I, too, will be taking advantage of a rather nice weekend to hunt every flippin' Kabuto I can find.

Good luck, guys!

The Fifth Gate
    <click to participate>

Works In Progress:
    Anima Ex Machina | Electric Sheep
    (Sci-fi shenanigans in one convenient signature!)

I think Rock-Type was good type to chose to base an event around. Onix, Larvitar, Aerodactyl, Omanyte, and Kabuto are all rare pretty much wherever you go, and then of the remaining non-regional Rock-Type, Sudowoodo and Shuckle are somewhat rare, and I don't think anyone would have an issue with getting more Rhyhorn, given how powerful Rhydon is in this game. That leaves Geodude as the only Pokémon that will be appearing without near-universal enjoyment.

Throw the quadruple buddy candies on top of that, and we have a great event. The problem for me is going to be deciding whether I should keep on walking Larvitar or walk someone else. It's going to be a gamble. If I can catch enough Larvitar during the event to get a Tyranitar, then I'll want to walk something else to take advantage of the quadruple candy, but if I'm not going to be able to catch enough by the end, then I'm going to need to keep on walking with Larvitar to make sure I get that Tyranitar.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

This will be an interesting event. Hopefully I can catch some of the new ones, especially the Larvitar family. Extra candy from buddies is always nice, too. Also helpful for those that still need a Gold Rock Medal, although I already have it. Geodude were semi-common here, and Rhyhorn were really common here, now they will be far too common for me for the coming week. Ah well, extra candy to stock up on. And that's a good thing.

Nice thing is, I need literally EVERY rock type except for Sudowoodo. Yes, even Geodude. I'll still only find Pidgeys and Rattatas though, just like the grass event.

In my case, doesn't seem like the event is taking place even though it's May 18. There are no rock types in any Pokestop near me. Maybe it might be different in the next days. During the grass event, I encountered very few grass types, so hopefully, I could get a few rock types this time.

Quote Originally Posted by nathandg0924 View Post
    In my case, doesn't seem like the event is taking place even though it's May 18. There are no rock types in any Pokestop near me. Maybe it might be different in the next days. During the grass event, I encountered very few grass types, so hopefully, I could get a few rock types this time.
    We're still slightly early. Event starts today at 1:00 PM PDT, which is a little over 90 minutes from now.

Unless it's my phone, it looks like the servers are down AGAIN, because I haven't been able to sign in for about an hour now. Barely even getting the loading icon. This hasn't happened since Go was still a broken, buggy messy of a game that no one was playing anymore. Are there REALLY enough people in the world who are actually interested in this adventure week?

So it would seem that Kabuto is the big winner for most spawns in my area, which is cool. A friend told me she found a Larvitar already, so that's promising too. Also, I'm loving the Indiana Jones hat.

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    Unless it's my phone, it looks like the servers are down AGAIN, because I haven't been able to sign in for about an hour now. Barely even getting the loading icon. This hasn't happened since Go was still a broken, buggy messy of a game that no one was playing anymore. Are there REALLY enough people in the world who are actually interested in this adventure week?
    I was playing up until 15 minutes ago (so five minutes before your post), and it was working just fine for me. It's probably just your phone.

EDIT: I take that back. Trying to log in right now, and it's not working. Guess it's not just you.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 18th May 2017 at 10:17 PM.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

I haven't been able to log in since 30 minutes after the event was scheduled to start.
    2015-2017: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Showdown: Playful Latios
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

Yeah, I looked up Go's twitter account, and it seems that the PTC is down, but not the Google accounts, hence why some people are having problems logging in and others aren't. And the people that ARE able to log in are posting pictures of their new Aerodactyls or of them finding Aerodactyl nests solely to spite me, I'm sure of it. Well, I have a week (I doubt Niantic will extend the event).

Yeah, I'm Trainer Club Account, and still can't get in. These things seem be fixed with a couple hours normally. Shouldn't be too much longer. Glad I was able to get on during the first 30 minutes of the event, which was all the free time I had before I had to get to work on homework. Now I'm done with it though, and would like to get on as soon as possible.

Check it out!

The event has started. I saw a Kabuto and a Ryhorn in nearby Pokestops. I'm thinking of going out one of these days to go hunting.

I ended up hatching a Larvitar this morning, but like the last time I had hatched a Larvitar, I got the minimum 16 candies. Seems like I'll never get enough candy for Tyranitar. I changed to Mareep for my Buddy Pokemon for the fact of how rare it is. I caught 3 Slugma, 1 Onix, and 1 Rhyhorn. The rest of my morning catches were the usual stuff that is everywhere.
    2015-2017: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Showdown: Playful Latios
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

I spent a couple hours playing Go today at the local hotspot (it was just me because everyone stopped playing a decade ago). I caught several Geodudes after they started appearing well after the first hour, a few Rhyhorns, and a couple Omanytes and Kabutos (and lots and lots of Pidgeys and Magikarps). It's interesting that they seemed to have increased the appearance rate of Slugma, which isn't a rock type, since it does evolve into a rock type. Thankfully I already hatched an Aerodactyl a long time ago, so I don't need to worry about never finding one. Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be so lucky as to find a Larvitar anytime this week. Most importantly though, I walked my Clefairy enough to get 15-20 candies, enough to finally evolve the thing. Now I'm working on Pikachu (39 candies...bleh).

Quote Originally Posted by The Teller View Post
    Most importantly though, I walked my Clefairy enough to get 15-20 candies, enough to finally evolve the thing. Now I'm working on Pikachu (39 candies...bleh).
    The good news is, Pikachu only takes one kilometer to get a candy from it (or .25 during the event). I've been walking my Larvitar for 280 kilometers now, and even with the event, only have a 100 out of the 125 candies I need. Once I'm done with Larvitar, I'll move on to Mareep, which I need 50 more candies from, and it also takes five kilometers per candy from it. Compared to that, you'll be done with your Pikachu in no time.

Check it out!

I already have a Golem and Magcargo. Tons of Geodude and Slugma have been spawning in my area.

Here's my gamer tags if anyone wants to add me and play games.
    Playstation Network: grandchampion82
    Xbox Live: BTheChamp1
    3DS Friend Code: 1693 1038 1902

Man, good to hear that the PTC is behaving now. D: This event's imo a lot more fun than previous ones (rarer Pokémon popping up, a cool hat, candies...), so it'd suck if you got to miss a huge chunk of it. ;_;

Meantime, I now feel less guilty to describe my hauls. XD So far, so good over here! Managed to get an Aerodactyl on the first day, plus enough candies for a Magcargo and a Kabutops, as well as more Sudowoodo than I will ever need. Now it's just a matter of gathering enough Onix for a Steelix, walking my Dragonair enough to make a dent on the journey to a Dragonite, and actually encountering a Larvitar jeeesus. 8) 8) 8)

To the rest of you, may the latter half of the weekend bring you an abundance of the Pokémon you need! 8D Good luck, all!

The Fifth Gate
    <click to participate>

Works In Progress:
    Anima Ex Machina | Electric Sheep
    (Sci-fi shenanigans in one convenient signature!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    The good news is, Pikachu only takes one kilometer to get a candy from it (or .25 during the event). I've been walking my Larvitar for 280 kilometers now, and even with the event, only have a 100 out of the 125 candies I need. Once I'm done with Larvitar, I'll move on to Mareep, which I need 50 more candies from, and it also takes five kilometers per candy from it. Compared to that, you'll be done with your Pikachu in no time.
    That's kind of the point. It seems that you have the opportunity to walk a lot more than I do. I legit may not have the time to walk even that Pikachu the next few days (I'm almost never near an outlet for a phone charger). Therefore, my plan is to focus mainly on 1km buddy Pokémon and possibly a couple 3km Pokémon if I have enough time. In the meantime, I caught a Shuckle this morning!

Had a good two days. First caught enough Kabuto to get candy for its evolution! May save that for when I get another Lucky Egg as I'm patient enough to wait for the level 30 point (just got to 29)/when there's an exp event happening again. Maybe something for GO's anniversary?

Yesterday I caught Aerodactyl as well, right by my house. Luckily I had my phone open and was checking the nearby list time to time! 1800+ CP, not the strongest but I'll take it. First one. It broke out of the first Ultra Ball + Razz Berry but luckily the second worked.

And today just after leaving a party in a park I caught a Larvitar, my first one as well! (Not had much luck with the 10km Eggs...) Terrible CP but at least I have one in this event. Got work now it'll be the working week for the remainder of the event so I went with the Razz berry here too, but hopefully I'll encounter another. If so Pinap berry for sure.

That's all the Rock types I needed sans Larvitar's evolutions too. And now I do have a way to get them, it'll just take a looot of walking. -_- I've got my lone Chansey as my Buddy for the event, aiming to have enough Candy for a Blissey evolution whenever I hatch a second Chansey from a 10 km egg.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Pokémon news, opinions, creative works and more. Now live!

NEW! Pokkén Tournament DX ReviewThe Numbers Game: Shiny and Perfect Pokémon

Golem, Rhydon, Omastar, and Kabutops get! Since I know I won't be getting Larvitar anytime soon, that just leaves getting enough Onix to get a Steelix (I already have 3 Metal Coats). I power-walked those 39 candies into Pikachu today (I really should bring something to do), so Raichu get as well! Now that all the 1km Pokemon are out of the way, I'm working on my 3km Pokemon, starting with Houndour (10 candies left). If I can get those 10 candies before the event ends, THEN I'll use a Lucky Egg and mass evolve (I just leveled up, so I'm nowhere near leveling up again).

I've encountered a lot of Geodude, Ryhorn, Omanyte, and Kabuto so far, and I got enough candies to evolve one of my Ryhorn. Additionally, I've seen a lot of Slugma, but I guess its more frequent appearance may have something to do with its evolution, which is a rock-type. I did evolve one of my Slugma to a Magcargo. So far, things are good, but I really would like to find an Aerodactyl. I saw one the other day, but it was at a Pokestop that's far away from me. Overall, the Pokemon in this case are, in my opinion, far more interesting than what we saw in the Valentines event (the pink Pokemon and all). Not sure about the rest of you, but rock types are a rare encounter for me before this time.

Rarely ever found rock types prior to this, now I've got a Graveller as my buddy and I've caught a few Slugma and Shuckle. Got sick of Sudowoodo, but I'm still looking for an Onix. Oh, and I evolved a Ryhorn. So yeah, pretty decent event, and I think they should do a fire event for summer.
    Claimed Cheren!
    "The Leader Who Seeks the Right Path
    Everyone has a different dream. Search for your life's purpose"

Journey to and from college is always fun, lots of time to find and catch new things and get loads of candy from the Buddy system. Found loads and loads of Geodude (started off with something like 9 candies, now on 134), enough Kabuto, Omanyte, Slugma and Rhyhorn candies to evolve all of them, several Onix and a Shuckle! I also caught a Kabutops one evening which was exciting. Waiting until the event ends before I evolve any of my Pokemon (the chance to score higher CP Kabutops and Omastar is too good to pass up) but I'm looking forward to what I could get in the coming days (hopefully Larvitar and Aerodactyl).

Oddly enough the one i find most often is Slugma :/

Not that i'm complaining, but an Aerodactyl would be nice.

I'm currently 34 short of my gold medal, so here's hoping i can find enough by the end because Rock, Fire, Fighting and Dragon are the worst ones to catch in my area without an event.

Credit to Mr. Joker for the Glee banner
    Credit to Skiyomi for the lovely Blue Snover banner

If anyone is interested in a custom ribbon for your profile pic, be sure to check out Ayra's sprite thread in the fanart section, if you want to take a look at her work have a look at my profile.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast