Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Results 426 to 439 of 439

Thread: New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

  1. #426
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I guess I didn't say it directly, but I meant to say I don't even think it's safe to say probably at this point. I would just say that there's a chance.



    I see what you're saying, but I don't agree with it entirely myself. There's a lot more to Megas and Alola Forms than just giving attention to old Pokémon. Sure, that's a result of it, but that doesn't mean it's the only, or even primary, motivating factor. Both types of forms are, in the end, a way to play around with new concepts for old Pokémon, so if good ideas come for both a Mega and an Alolan form for the same Pokémon, it seems like a waste to artificially say that Pokémon can only have one. Now given, I can see Game Freak making that choice, can respect, but I personally disagree with it.
    There's no particular reason why they can only have one. That's up to what the company feels is best. But, Gamefreak as a company only has so much time and resources. They're only going to make a certain number of new forms if they even do at all. There's a lot of Pokemon that haven't gotten an upgrade and there's no way they can all get one, so it would make sense to allocate those resources to Pokemon which haven't been visited in a while. Of course, A really Popular Pokemon, say Lucario, could have an exception made for it. If they do give any Pokemon with megas Alola forms, it will probably be very few. This is subjective, but for me at least, say for example if they made Alola forms for Kanto starters, I would be a little bit underwhelmed given these Pokemon already have pretty solid mega evolutions. Now if they made Alola forms for Johto starters, I would be a little more intrigued.

    As far as predictions, though, its not unreasonable to look at past trends and make inferences based on those. They don't always pan out, and some are so far out there as to be total nonsense. There's a lot of variable to take into account, but its not a bad starting point.

  2. #427
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    There's no particular reason why they can only have one. That's up to what the company feels is best. But, Gamefreak as a company only has so much time and resources. They're only going to make a certain number of new forms if they even do at all. There's a lot of Pokemon that haven't gotten an upgrade and there's no way they can all get one, so it would make sense to allocate those resources to Pokemon which haven't been visited in a while. Of course, A really Popular Pokemon, say Lucario, could have an exception made for it. If they do give any Pokemon with megas Alola forms, it will probably be very few. This is subjective, but for me at least, say for example if they made Alola forms for Kanto starters, I would be a little bit underwhelmed given these Pokemon already have pretty solid mega evolutions. Now if they made Alola forms for Johto starters, I would be a little more intrigued.

    As far as predictions, though, its not unreasonable to look at past trends and make inferences based on those. They don't always pan out, and some are so far out there as to be total nonsense. There's a lot of variable to take into account, but its not a bad starting point.
    Another thing that makes it more complicated when it comes to giving pokemon that have Megas Alolan form is then eventually it gets into a situation where you that Alolan form would need to get a mega for itself, for instance take the idea of a pure fighting type Abra line, it wouldn't make any sense for a Alolan Alakazam to mega evolve into a pure Psychic type Mega Alakazam so they would need to create a new Mega evolution for the Alolan Alakazam basically create a Mega Alakazam, and then it becomes more complicated because then there will be the whole argument of it since Alolan Alakazam got a mega why couldn't say for instance Alolan Golem get a mega.

    Basically by giving a pokemon that already has a Mega evolution an Alolan form your opening up a Pandora's box sure you can say oh but they don't have to give Alolan Alakazam a mega, but at the same time they don't have to give the Abra line a Alolan form since it already has a mega evolution. Is it impossible for a pokemon that has a mega to get a Alolan form? No, but until we actually get an instance where that happens I wouldn't say that it's likely for a pokemon that already has a mega evolution in it's line to get a Alolan form.

    I mean sure Gamefreak could do it if they really want to but the question is does Gamefreak really want to open Pandora's box.

  3. #428
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    I personally would love to see mega evolutions get alola forms too.

  4. #429
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Route 124
    Posts
    1,234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    Another thing that makes it more complicated when it comes to giving pokemon that have Megas Alolan form is then eventually it gets into a situation where you that Alolan form would need to get a mega for itself, for instance take the idea of a pure fighting type Abra line, it wouldn't make any sense for a Alolan Alakazam to mega evolve into a pure Psychic type Mega Alakazam so they would need to create a new Mega evolution for the Alolan Alakazam basically create a Mega Alakazam, and then it becomes more complicated because then there will be the whole argument of it since Alolan Alakazam got a mega why couldn't say for instance Alolan Golem get a mega.

    Basically by giving a pokemon that already has a Mega evolution an Alolan form your opening up a Pandora's box sure you can say oh but they don't have to give Alolan Alakazam a mega, but at the same time they don't have to give the Abra line a Alolan form since it already has a mega evolution. Is it impossible for a pokemon that has a mega to get a Alolan form? No, but until we actually get an instance where that happens I wouldn't say that it's likely for a pokemon that already has a mega evolution in it's line to get a Alolan form.

    I mean sure Gamefreak could do it if they really want to but the question is does Gamefreak really want to open Pandora's box.
    As far as I can tell, they put mega evolution on the back burner for this generation. Unless of course they do decide to give new megas to Pokemon in US/UM, which would open new possibilities then. It seems like it would be excessive to give a Pokemon that has an Alola form a mega evolution, especially when that mechanic isn't even being emphasized this generation and the standard form already has one in the case of Alakazam. I don't think it would be that big of a conundrum to give a Pokemon with a mega an Alola form and not give that form a mega.

  5. #430
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    As far as I can tell, they put mega evolution on the back burner for this generation. Unless of course they do decide to give new megas to Pokemon in US/UM, which would open new possibilities then. It seems like it would be excessive to give a Pokemon that has an Alola form a mega evolution, especially when that mechanic isn't even being emphasized this generation and the standard form already has one in the case of Alakazam. I don't think it would be that big of a conundrum to give a Pokemon with a mega an Alola form and not give that form a mega.
    Actually no, because the moment you give say like the Abra line a Alolan form even though it already has a Mega Evolution then the argument of well it's non-alolan form has a Mega Evolution so why shouldn't a Alolan Alakazam have a Mega of it's own, basically the only reason why your not seeing that many arguments for a Alolan form getting a Mega evolution is because currently none of the pokemon that have Mega Evolutions have Alolan forms so people just assume that if a pokemon line already has a Mega evolution it won't get a Alolan form and vice verse however the moment you give a pokemon with a Mega evolution an Alolan form like say giving the Abra line a Alolan form then the whole argument for giving Alolan forms Mega evolutions are going to rise exponentially.

    Basically it wouldn't be that surprising if Gamefreak choose not to give pokemon with already existing Mega evolution Alolan froms and vice versa rather then giving pokemon that already has Mega evolutions, Alolan forms.

  6. #431
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    Another thing that makes it more complicated when it comes to giving pokemon that have Megas Alolan form is then eventually it gets into a situation where you that Alolan form would need to get a mega for itself, for instance take the idea of a pure fighting type Abra line, it wouldn't make any sense for a Alolan Alakazam to mega evolve into a pure Psychic type Mega Alakazam so they would need to create a new Mega evolution for the Alolan Alakazam basically create a Mega Alakazam, and then it becomes more complicated because then there will be the whole argument of it since Alolan Alakazam got a mega why couldn't say for instance Alolan Golem get a mega.

    Basically by giving a pokemon that already has a Mega evolution an Alolan form your opening up a Pandora's box sure you can say oh but they don't have to give Alolan Alakazam a mega, but at the same time they don't have to give the Abra line a Alolan form since it already has a mega evolution. Is it impossible for a pokemon that has a mega to get a Alolan form? No, but until we actually get an instance where that happens I wouldn't say that it's likely for a pokemon that already has a mega evolution in it's line to get a Alolan form.

    I mean sure Gamefreak could do it if they really want to but the question is does Gamefreak really want to open Pandora's box.
    I don't really think it's that big of a deal to simply lock the theoretical Alolan Alakazam out of Mega Evolving. Since Alolan forms have developed to be extremely different from their normal forms, it wouldn't be unusual at all to say they've lost the ability to Mega Evolve. There really is no "Pandora's box" here. If Game Freak wants to make Alolan Alakazam a thing, there's no real reason for Game Freak to arbitrarily limit themselves and not do it.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  7. #432
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    4,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    I don't really think it's that big of a deal to simply lock the theoretical Alolan Alakazam out of Mega Evolving. Since Alolan forms have developed to be extremely different from their normal forms, it wouldn't be unusual at all to say they've lost the ability to Mega Evolve. There really is no "Pandora's box" here. If Game Freak wants to make Alolan Alakazam a thing, there's no real reason for Game Freak to arbitrarily limit themselves and not do it.
    Yes, but the moment you give a Alolan form then the arguments for Alolan forms to get Mega Evolutions, you can't say that it won't if they simply say they lost the ability to Mega Evolve because it still will, the only reason why you don't get a bunch of argument for Alolan forms to get Mega evolutions is because pokemon with Mega evolutions don't have Alolan forms.

    No matter how you try to slice it the moment you give a pokemon that has a Mega evolution a Alolan form, the arguments for Alolan forms to get Mega evolutions, you can't really cherrypick the argument here and say oh well they don't have to give Alolan forms Mega evolutions, well guess what they don't have to give pokemon with Mega Evolutions Alolan forms. Also both were attempt to revitalize said pokemon to allow it to see more use so it could be seen as just being repetitive and excessive to give pokemon with Mega Evolutions Alolan forms.

    Plus in Gamefreak's view they could easily see it a waste of resources to give a pokemon that has a Mega evolution a Alolan form, and decide that the resources are better spent on giving other pokemon a chance that don't currently have Alolan forms or Mega evolutions. Also until we actually see a pokemon that has a Mega Evolution get a Alolan form I'm going to have to say that it's probably unlikely. It would be one thing if it's already happened with Sun and Moon like for instance if we had gotten a Alolan Abra line, Alolan Gastly line but we didn't.

    Look you can argue until your blue in the face but at this point until proven otherwise I'm going to have to say it is unlikely that pokemon that have Mega evolutions will get Alolan forms. But then again one could also argue that the beast trio and Tower Duo and Celebi will get Alolan forms even though you probably find it unlikely.
    Last edited by ShadowForce720; Yesterday at 6:31 PM.

  8. #433
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    The Celestial Land of Tenno
    Posts
    4,596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    Yes, but the moment you give a Alolan form then the arguments for Alolan forms to get Mega Evolutions, you can't say that it won't if they simply say they lost the ability to Mega Evolve because it still will, the only reason why you don't get a bunch of argument for Alolan forms to get Mega evolutions is because pokemon with Mega evolutions don't have Alolan forms.
    I suppose some people might want Megas for Alolan Forms to be made, but it really isn't the same as concept as having an Alolan Form made for a Pokémon with a Mega. It's a completely different concept and would be very unnecessary. Both Alolan Forms and Mega Evolutons are new takes on old Pokémon. Giving a new Mega specifically to a Alolan Pokémon, is a tad bit silly and redundant. Maybe they could give a Mega to something like normal Sandslash, but there's no reason to give one to Alolan Sandslash, so you're point doesn't really matter much.

    No matter how you try to slice it the moment you give a pokemon that has a Mega evolution a Alolan form, the arguments for Alolan forms to get Mega evolutions,
    Once again, no, those are two different and unrelated arguments.

    you can't really cherrypick the argument here and say oh well they don't have to give Alolan forms Mega evolutions, well guess what they don't have to give pokemon with Mega Evolutions Alolan forms.
    Yeah, they don't have to. I never said they had to. I'm saying that the latter is less artificially restricting on the natural creative process. The former has no need to exist.

    Also both were attempt to revitalize said pokemon to allow it to see more use so it could be seen as just being repetitive and excessive to give pokemon with Mega Evolutions Alolan forms.
    Both Mega Evolution and Alola Forms are about more than just allowing them to see more use. Sure, it's a part of it, but it's also about giving new designs and uses, and if someone comes up with a good idea for new designs and uses for a Pokémon that already has a Mega, it wouldn't be waste, as there's now that many more options when using that Pokémon.

    Plus in Gamefreak's view they could easily see it a waste of resources to give a pokemon that has a Mega evolution a Alolan form, and decide that the resources are better spent on giving other pokemon a chance that don't currently have Alolan forms or Mega evolutions. Also until we actually see a pokemon that has a Mega Evolution get a Alolan form I'm going to have to say that it's probably unlikely. It would be one thing if it's already happened with Sun and Moon like for instance if we had gotten a Alolan Abra line, Alolan Gastly line but we didn't.
    I don't deny that. I fully accept the possibility that Game Freak could think that. All I am saying is that we have to small of a sample size to know if that's really what they think, as there is a trend of logic that would allow for them to do so.

    Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

    For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

  9. #434
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Due to Gold and Silver being on the virtual console, I would like to see these johto pokemon getting alolan forms in USUM:

    Alolan Sentret/Furret
    Alolan Hoothoot/Noctowl
    Alolan Natu/Xatu
    Alolan Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
    Alolan Sunkern/Sunflora
    Alolan Pineco/Forretress
    Alolan Teddiursa/Ursaring
    Alolan Slugma/Magcargo
    Alolan Remoraid/Octillery
    Alolan Phanpy/Donphan

    I chose these because they fit the pattern that we got from SM's alolan forms of kanto pokemon, as they didn't have mega evolutions or any other form changes prior to gen 7. I feel that if any johto pokemon are going to be getting alolan formes, these are probably the most likely. These picks are just my opinion, but I would like to see if even half of these can become true.
    Last edited by 20LigerZero16; Today at 5:04 AM.

  10. #435
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    Another thing that makes it more complicated when it comes to giving pokemon that have Megas Alolan form is then eventually it gets into a situation where you that Alolan form would need to get a mega for itself, for instance take the idea of a pure fighting type Abra line, it wouldn't make any sense for a Alolan Alakazam to mega evolve into a pure Psychic type Mega Alakazam so they would need to create a new Mega evolution for the Alolan Alakazam basically create a Mega Alakazam, and then it becomes more complicated because then there will be the whole argument of it since Alolan Alakazam got a mega why couldn't say for instance Alolan Golem get a mega.

    Why would that argument happen, though?

    If a situation where the entire Abra line, including its Mega, got Alola forms does occur, then it happened. The only reason Alolan Golem wouldn't have received one is because Golem itself doesn't have one.

    Though considering we have yet to receive Megas for Pokemon that have multiple forms (Wormadam, Rotom, Cherrim, Sawsbuck, and Lycanroc to name a few) I'm curious how Game Freak would handle them.

  11. #436
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I also wouldn't mind seeing Alolan forms of Mightyena, Hariyama, Claydol and Relicanth.

  12. #437
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Alola
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 20LigerZero16 View Post
    Due to Gold and Silver being on the virtual console, I would like to see these johto pokemon getting alolan forms in USUM:

    Alolan Sentret/Furret
    Alolan Hoothoot/Noctowl
    Alolan Natu/Xatu
    Alolan Hoppip/Skiploom/Jumpluff
    Alolan Sunkern/Sunflora
    Alolan Pineco/Forretress
    Alolan Teddiursa/Ursaring
    Alolan Slugma/Magcargo
    Alolan Remoraid/Octillery
    Alolan Phanpy/Donphan

    I chose these because they fit the pattern that we got from SM's alolan forms of kanto pokemon, as they didn't have mega evolutions or any other form changes prior to gen 7. I feel that if any johto pokemon are going to be getting alolan formes, these are probably the most likely. These picks are just my opinion, but I would like to see if even half of these can become true.
    I love these ideas! I could see Furret becoming Electroc, Noctowl becoming Psychic/Flying or even Psychic/Dark, Xatu becoming Grass/Fairy, Jumpluff becoming Grass/Steel, Sunflora getting a fire typing or being Grass/Fire, Forretress could be Bug/Grass or Bug/Rock, Magcargo could be Fire/Steel or even Fire/Water, Octillery could be Water/Steel, Donphan becoming Water, Steel, or Grass or even a mixture of two of those, and for Ursaring they could do a rivalry with Bewear and make it Fighting type

  13. #438
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,092

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu111213 View Post
    I love these ideas! I could see Furret becoming Electroc, Noctowl becoming Psychic/Flying or even Psychic/Dark, Xatu becoming Grass/Fairy, Jumpluff becoming Grass/Steel, Sunflora getting a fire typing or being Grass/Fire, Forretress could be Bug/Grass or Bug/Rock, Magcargo could be Fire/Steel or even Fire/Water, Octillery could be Water/Steel, Donphan becoming Water, Steel, or Grass or even a mixture of two of those, and for Ursaring they could do a rivalry with Bewear and make it Fighting type
    they also used the alolan forms for new typing combos half the time,
    so I have a feeling that if any new ones do come out (which I agree these ones have the most likeliness),
    then half of them will have new combos for sure.

    The main typing ideas I like are:
    Sunflora - grass/fire sun was so hot for sunflora it unlocked her fire typing
    senret/furret - normal/ground had to gain ground typing to be able to burrow through hard alolan rocks to escape preds
    hoothoo/noctowl - psychic/dark the moon bathed them in energy, strengthening their psychic powers and giving them stronger nocturnal powers as well
    Teddiursa (ghost)/Ursaring ghost/fighting - due to dangerous Bewears, Teddiursa had to venture out at night instead of day time to avoid meeting the pokemon giving it a ghost typing as they practice their evasion, and then Ursaring trains in martial arts to be able to extract revenge for having to keep in the night time by itself as lonely teddiursa.
    Last edited by lemoncatpower; Today at 12:44 PM.

  14. #439
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu111213 View Post
    I love these ideas! I could see Furret becoming Electroc, Noctowl becoming Psychic/Flying or even Psychic/Dark, Xatu becoming Grass/Fairy, Jumpluff becoming Grass/Steel, Sunflora getting a fire typing or being Grass/Fire, Forretress could be Bug/Grass or Bug/Rock, Magcargo could be Fire/Steel or even Fire/Water, Octillery could be Water/Steel, Donphan becoming Water, Steel, or Grass or even a mixture of two of those, and for Ursaring they could do a rivalry with Bewear and make it Fighting type
    That sounds great. That makes a lot of sense. By the way, I would also like to see these Johto Pokemon with Alolan forms in USUM:

    Alolan Sudowoodo - Grass/Rock Type - Sudowoodo would have just taken quite a huge shine to the grass life and has therefore adapted to the Grass Type well.
    Alolan Delibird - Dark/Flying Type - Delibird adapted to the region of Alola and has taken a huge liking to the moonlight.
    Alolan Shuckle - Bug/Grass Type - Shuckle has adapted to the region of Alola and has taken a huge liking to the grass life.
    Alolan Spinarak/Ariados - Bug/Ghost Type - Spinarak and Ariados have adapted to the ghostly side of Alola where the Ghost Type Pokemon hang out.
    Alolan Lanturn - Water/Ghost Type - Lanturn have explored deep within the ocean of Alola and have learned to adapt with the Ghost Types.
    Alolan Houndoom - Steel/Dark Type - Houndoom has adapted well to the steel scenery of some sections of Alola.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •