Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer Yusuf View Post
    Squishy was also shown in an egg shaped silhouette to not showcase its body shape in the merchandise two years ago.
    Yeah I kinda remember that. It's just that the egg-shape silhouette looked suspicious as if they're trying to hide its true shape.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Am I the only one who would like a Primeape in a cap? The idea would be hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by dementeddurian View Post
    Am I the only one who would like a Primeape in a cap? The idea would be hilarious.
    Ash's Primeape always loved to wear his cap.

.: Waiting for the stars to align. | Edit by me, do not steal. :.
    .: IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE GAMES, PLEASE CHECK THE [MAIN SITE] FIRST :.

As in Ash's hat, like Pikachu? Why?

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Never thought that an Ash cap Primeape could be a possibility. Personally I don't think it'll ever be in because Primeape isn't as known as many of Ash's Pokémon.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Count me in for Alolan Dragonite, if Alolan Granbull really happens then Alolan Dragonite is certainly possible. They're both Alola natives in SM.
    I'd love an Alolan forme Dragon type I'd actually use.

Quote Originally Posted by RedJirachi View Post
    What Alolan form do you want to see the most? Kanto and non-Kanto
    Don't care. So long as they don't favor a single region again.
    I want to see Hoenn, Sinnoh, AND Unova get some love too. Not just Johto and Kanto.
    Kalos deserves to be ignored, Unova Pokemon didn't get Megas because they were too new apparently. Then that logic applies to Kalos as well, I don't want a single Kalos Pokemon getting an Alolan forme.

I still hope for a special treatment for Solrock and Lunatone. A mega evolution, new forme, regional variant... I don't care, as long as they get some attention in USUM. I mean it's too obvious: Sun (Solrock) and Moon (Lunatone). Especially with the cosmic theme of SM and USUM. Also, don't forget the mysterious old man in Haina Desert...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    Count me in for Alolan Dragonite, if Alolan Granbull really happens then Alolan Dragonite is certainly possible. They're both Alola natives in SM.
    I'd love an Alolan forme Dragon type I'd actually use.

Don't care. So long as they don't favor a single region again.
    I want to see Hoenn, Sinnoh, AND Unova get some love too. Not just Johto and Kanto.
    Kalos deserves to be ignored, Unova Pokemon didn't get Megas because they were too new apparently. Then that logic applies to Kalos as well, I don't want a single Kalos Pokemon getting an Alolan forme.
    Why the hate on Kalos so much? How come you're just so against Kalos pokemon getting Alolan forms? Why do you feel this way about it? I thought Kalos was one of the best generations ever since they introduced mega evolutions. Does anybody else here think that there should be Kalos Pokemon that should get Alolan forms? If so, which ones do you want and why?
    Last edited by JLK2707; 17th July 2017 at 3:22 PM.

I personally thought Kalos had some really creative new Pokémon and a pretty good story. The only thing I disliked was the lack of interesting post game content aside from the Looker missions and Battle Maison. And the anime wasn't that interesting to me aside from Ash-Greninja and Squishy the Zygarde Core storylines. The movies were okay but not among the best and with the exception of Volcanion's movie, I wouldn't watch them again.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Just add Mienshao to the Pokedex and I'll be totally happy! Mienshao was a staple on my team in White 2 and X.

Mienfoo and Mienshao I was expecting to be in the Alola Dex since they do have a following and are useful. Other Pokémon not included I was surprised about Are Remoraid and Octillery, Mantyke and Mantine, Tropius, the Oddish line, Inkay and Malamar, the Marril line (mainly because they have been in every other region's Dex with the exception being BW), and Solrock and Lunatone.

Audino and Diancie say hello.

FC: 3325-6380-7279
    Pokemon Ultra Moon Team:

That was only for XY, though? In ORAS, Audino and Diancie got Megas.

If we're considering Alola forms for Pokemon outside of Johto and possibly Kanto, then Kalos Pokemon are possible candidates as well.

I'd imagine the candidates for them would be... Bunnelby line, Fletchling line, Litleo line, Skiddo line, Pancham line, Honedge line?, Spritzee line, Swirlix line, Inkay line, Binacle line, Skrelp line, Clauncher line, Helioptile line, Hawlucha, Dedenne, Goomy line, Klefki, Phantump line, Bergmite line, and Noibat line.

Excluded the starters, Fossils, and Legendaries for obvious reasons. Can't see Flabebe, Furfrou, Vivillon, Pumpkaboo, or their evolutions getting anything because of their forms. Not too sure about Honedge considering Aegislash. I doubt Meowstic would get one because of its gender differences. Carbink is related to Diancie, so I doubt it'll get one.

Sun:

I wouldn't particularly care if some Kalos Pokemon get Alolan forms in Ultra Sun/Moon, tho I find it unlikely that we'd get that many new Kalos Pokemon forms to begin with, if at all. I feel like Gamefreak will most likely stick to giving early Gen Pokemon new forms in these games for nostalgia's sake.

I feel like if any Gen deserves new forms it's gotta be Johto Pokémon. While half of them are decent now with some Stat changes (mantine and magcargo come to mind) an alolan girafirigg would be pretty interesting. Though it's sad that ledian is already part of the Dex in the first games so less likely to be picked
    Last edited by Sulfurian; 19th July 2017 at 1:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurian View Post
    I feel like if any Gen deserves new forms it's gotta be Johto Pokémon. While half of them are decent now with some Stat changes (mantine and magcargo come to mind) an alolan girafirigg would be pretty interesting. Though it's sad that ledian is already part of the Dex in the first games so less likely to be picked
    Johto seems to be next in line to receive new Alolan Pokémon. It got a few Megas last Gen and it has a huge fan base. Hoenn and Sinnoh may also get new forms but the only Pokémon from those regions I want to see get forms are Carnivine because it would look cool to see it much bigger and more threatening, Tropius, Ludicolo that is more pineapple like and loses the lily pad hat, Plant Cloak Burmy and Wormadam with palm leaves, and Mothim with a tropical pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulfurian View Post
    What if with Alolan Girafarig they do that original plan they had for Girafarig where the tail of is the same looks pretty much identical in size and appearance except for color to the front head. Of course the front probably isn't going to be that yellow color anymore. From my understanding the reason why that concept was dropped originally was because they thought it was to similar to the American show CatDog's main character CatDog, and thought they would have problem with copyright if they went with the original concept at that time but now that CatDog has ended there shouldn't be a problem with using the original concept they had for Girafarig.
    Last edited by ShadowForce720; 19th July 2017 at 6:35 PM.

I just hope we get something next month showing at least one new Alola form, because until then, I can't help but be a pessimist and believe that the 'new pokemon' is really just referring to an Ash-hat Pikachu and the Necrozma-nized versions of Lunaala & Solageo.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Current Shinies:
    Malamar, Dragalge, Carbink, Pyroar, Vivillion,

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowForce720 View Post
    What if with Alolan Girafarig they do that original plan they had for Girafarig where the tail of is the same looks pretty much identical in size and appearance except for color to the front head. Of course the front probably isn't going to be that yellow color anymore. From my understanding the reason why that concept was dropped originally was because they thought it was to similar to the American show CatDog's main character CatDog, and thought they would have problem with copyright if they went with the original concept at that time but now that CatDog has ended there shouldn't be a problem with using the original concept they had for Girafarig.
    Truth be told i think if it was Girafarig getting a regional form i'd hope more for them to make a bigger form so it is more similar to a modern giraffe. That way it's two headed nature could work more like Alolan Exeggutor's additional head. I'll admit this is probably just me though.

Quote Originally Posted by Erron Black View Post
    Nihilego is a parasite, that's the explanation. Since Nihilego is an Ultra Beast and not technically a Pokemon, it could affect Humans and Pokemon differently.
    Sorry for bringing this up again, but it seems like Nihilego have the same affect on humans as pokemon, check it . So once again that brings up the question, why did Nihelego completely change when attached to Lusamine?
    Friend Code: 3411-1577-9071
    PM me if you want to friend

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Truth be told i think if it was Girafarig getting a regional form i'd hope more for them to make a bigger form so it is more similar to a modern giraffe. That way it's two headed nature could work more like Alolan Exeggutor's additional head. I'll admit this is probably just me though.
    I feel like giving it a massively long neck and head-tail, it would be much too similar in concept to Alolan Exeggutor.

Quote Originally Posted by knightwolf09 View Post
    Sorry for bringing this up again, but it seems like Nihilego have the same affect on humans as pokemon, check it . So once again that brings up the question, why did Nihelego completely change when attached to Lusamine?
    I believe people said this last time you brought this up, but it probably has something to do with the combination of Lusamine's prolonged exposure, her desire to bond with Nihelego, and perhaps something special about Lusamine.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

One thing I noticed about the current Alola forms was that none of them received mega evolutions in generation 6. If they do make Johto Alola forms, you can probably count on there not being Alola Houndoom, Ampharos, Steelix, Scizor, Heracross and Tyranitar.

As far as Hoenn Alola forms, considering how recent ORAS was, I think that's pretty unlikely. Same for Kalos. Johto, Sinnoh and Unova haven't received much attention for a few years now. The former two especially so. I would think that Johto and then Sinnoh would be the most likely candidates for new forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    One thing I noticed about the current Alola forms was that none of them received mega evolutions in generation 6. If they do make Johto Alola forms, you can probably count on there not being Alola Houndoom, Ampharos, Steelix, Scizor, Heracross and Tyranitar.
    Personally, I don't think its safe to say that was anything but a coincidence. It's a realistic possibility that Game Freak doesn't want to make Alolan Forms of Pokémon with Mega Evolution, but I don't think we have a big enough sample size to rule it out entirely. There's certainly nothing in-universe or out-of-universe that would stop it, aside from how Game Freak decides they want to handle it. Now if we do get another large batch of Alolan forms, and none of them can Mega Evolve, then I would change my opinion a bit.

Check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    Personally, I don't think its safe to say that was anything but a coincidence. It's a realistic possibility that Game Freak doesn't want to make Alolan Forms of Pokémon with Mega Evolution, but I don't think we have a big enough sample size to rule it out entirely. There's certainly nothing in-universe or out-of-universe that would stop it, aside from how Game Freak decides they want to handle it. Now if we do get another large batch of Alolan forms, and none of them can Mega Evolve, then I would change my opinion a bit.
    Well, that's why I say probably. I don't know for sure what they'll do. The reason I think its less likely we'll see Pokemon with megas get Alola forms is because the idea of giving an older Pokemon an upgrade to begin with is to give it some attention that it hasn't received in a while and partly as fanservice to older players. All the Pokemon that received megas already got another chance in the spotlight during generation 6. It would be a little bit boring if the same old Pokemon kept getting upgraded while others fell to the wayside. They can't upgrade every Pokemon, sure, but its nice to see a few old faces come back with a flair.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrexus View Post
    Well, that's why I say probably. I don't know for sure what they'll do.
    I guess I didn't say it directly, but I meant to say I don't even think it's safe to say probably at this point. I would just say that there's a chance.

The reason I think its less likely we'll see Pokemon with megas get Alola forms is because the idea of giving an older Pokemon an upgrade to begin with is to give it some attention that it hasn't received in a while and partly as fanservice to older players. All the Pokemon that received megas already got another chance in the spotlight during generation 6. It would be a little bit boring if the same old Pokemon kept getting upgraded while others fell to the wayside. They can't upgrade every Pokemon, sure, but its nice to see a few old faces come back with a flair.
    I see what you're saying, but I don't agree with it entirely myself. There's a lot more to Megas and Alola Forms than just giving attention to old Pokémon. Sure, that's a result of it, but that doesn't mean it's the only, or even primary, motivating factor. Both types of forms are, in the end, a way to play around with new concepts for old Pokémon, so if good ideas come for both a Mega and an Alolan form for the same Pokémon, it seems like a waste to artificially say that Pokémon can only have one. Now given, I can see Game Freak making that choice, can respect, but I personally disagree with it.

Check it out!

Page 17 of 74 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast