Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: Gold, Silver and Crystal on 3DS VC - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuu-Tales View Post
    I just found out about the Odd Egg shiny odds for the Japanese Crystal Version (the one I'll be playing) and I'm stunned: fifty percent?!? It's a shame they'll have to remove the feature in the VC release... right? They're keeping the GS Ball event, so it makes me wonder if they're going to keep the Odd Egg event too or convert it to the international standard.
    It would be very odd for them to keep it now that they will have compatibility with newer games

I just found out about the Odd Egg shiny odds for the Japanese Crystal Version (the one I'll be playing) and I'm stunned: fifty percent?!? It's a shame they'll have to remove the feature in the VC release... right? They're keeping the GS Ball event, so it makes me wonder if they're going to keep the Odd Egg event too or convert it to the international standard.
    I plan on downloading the Japanese VC Crystal, so I wouldn't mind if the chances of hatching a Shiny Pokemon from that egg remain the same as in the original game. Then again, the Pokemon that hatch from the Odd Egg don't necessarily appeal to me much, Shiny or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Manchee View Post
    It would be very odd for them to keep it now that they will have compatibility with newer games
    But you still can't trade between Japanese and International versions of the games because Virtual Console won't let that happen so I guess Game Freak will keep the Odd Egg shiny rates.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    But you still can't trade between Japanese and International versions of the games because Virtual Console won't let that happen so I guess Game Freak will keep the Odd Egg shiny rates.
    I sure hope so. A shiny Pichu or shiny Tyrogue would be lovely.

I wonder if that means the PCC will be a permanent fixture in the Japanese version as well...

Villain Multi-shipper ~ A Proud Supporter of
    HardenShipping | PerfectWorldShipping | DarkParadiseShipping | AbsoluteControlShipping | AntiGravityShipping
    Walking the Trainer's path since 1997/8
    UPN | BGf
    =Friend Code= 2208 - 5726 - 0181
    Friend Safari [NORMAL] Dunsparce, Kecleon, Eevee
    IGNs
    X - エクス | Y - ワイ
    OR - コウリン | AS - セイラン
    Sun - コウライ | Moon - ひょうりん
    Ultra Sun - カイキ | Ultra Moon - ふくえん
    I have claimed Silvally, Touken Ranbu (PC), and Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku BASARA series)
    ★いつでも「KON」って行け! 狐が最高★

I sure hope so. A shiny Pichu or shiny Tyrogue would be lovely.

I wonder if that means the PCC will be a permanent fixture in the Japanese version as well...
    Pretty sure the Pokémon Communication Center is a thing in Japanese VC Crystal because there was an article on the official Japanese Pokémon website showing players how to encounter Celebi and it involved obtaining the GS Ball at the PCC. And it would be very good if it isn't a requirement to access the Battle Tower.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Altaria View Post
    Japanese version of Crystal → Japanese version of Bank → Japanese version of XY/SM/USUM → International trade

Or am I missing something? The way around that, I suppose, would be to have the Pokémon that hatches have a ribbon or something that prevents it from being traded, whether that is just to Bank or another person entirely.
    Mimicked Circularity
    coming soon

Quote Originally Posted by Manchee View Post
    Japanese version of Crystal → Japanese version of Bank → Japanese version of XY/SM/USUM → International trade

Or am I missing something? The way around that, I suppose, would be to have the Pokémon that hatches have a ribbon or something that prevents it from being traded, whether that is just to Bank or another person entirely.
    I believe they just mean you cannot trade between the JP and international versions of the VC games. Migrating them is different.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749; ;760;

Shinies found, but could not obtain:

3 shiny hunted, 31 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011