Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Gold and Silver on 3DS VC - Discussion

A Celebi event for Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon to promote Gold and Silver on the Virtual Console is better than nothing in hindsight, but I was hoping that we could somehow get Celebi in Gold and Silver themselves.

I already have Celebi, but I always like adding more event legendaries to my collection.

I really like the look of the new Gold & Silver 3DS themes, too. I'm considering using one on my XL, though I do really like my current Yoshi theme.
    >>// \\<<

I predownloaded Gold, it was down to a coin flip for me on which to get, and I'm sticking with it.

Now the Celebi event, on the other hand, when does that come out? The 22nd?
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

3 shiny hunted, 25 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Eeviil View Post
    That would be great, if it gave you a Celebi on Gold/Silver. But I already have 3 or 4 of them in my Bank.
    I agree, I'd much rather have Celebi in GS

Most recent shiny: Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Leonhart View Post
    A Celebi event for Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon to promote Gold and Silver on the Virtual Console is better than nothing in hindsight, but I was hoping that we could somehow get Celebi in Gold and Silver themselves.
    I had a feeling, since they did a distribution of Mew back when Red, Blue and Yellow were released on 3DS VC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Power View Post
    I had a feeling, since they did a distribution of Mew back when Red, Blue and Yellow were released on 3DS VC.
    In Japan and a part of the UK, but there was no Mew launch event.
    Full shiny list: x2 x2 ;714; ;778; -Alola x3 ;749;

3 shiny hunted, 25 happened naturally (Current shiny luck: pls stop)

Game OTP: FerrisWheelShipping
    Anime OTP: RocketShipping
    Manga OTP: ChoosenShipping

Quote Originally Posted by AmethystLeslie View Post
    In Japan and a part of the UK, but there was no Mew launch event.
    Technically, there was. Remember? Mew was the first Mythical Pokémon they distributed as part of the 20th anniversary celebration, and that happened the same month they were released.

I decided to pre-purchase Gold version. I wasn't sure which version of these Virtual Console games I'd play first, but I've realized that I like Gold's version exclusive Pokemon more than I like Silver's. I'll download Silver version when I'm through with Gold, although that might take a few months.

I bought both silver and gold, but I only got the receipt for Silver. Anyone else missing their receipt?
    Last edited by Syther; 16th September 2017 at 5:13 AM.
    3ds friend code: 1246-8784-2222

Quote Originally Posted by Syther View Post
    I bought both silver and gold, but I only got the receipt for Silver. Anyone else missing their receipt?
    Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    To explain what Nintendo Customer Service told me, the department has recognized the problem, and they are working to get all the codes out by the 18th of September.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...6#post18468406

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

I know that you get a Celebi code with the pre purchase of gold/silver.
    But can you also still get Celebi if I buy the download code at a local store?
    Would anyone know that?

Good question, I'm not willing to try that as I already pre-purchaced both games.

I did discover a possible cause for the receipt issue.

I was checking my account activity on my 3ds and noticed something was odd. Like a few other people, I too was missing my receipt for Pokemon Gold and wanted to know why. As I started scrolling through I discovered other purchases were missing their receipts too. So I went further back to the point where I could see receipts again.

This point would up being the date of Feburary 25th 2017 with the next action on my account being "Balance Adjustment" on March 3rd. The release date of the Nintendo Switch and the same day I linked the Switch to my e-shop account.

After that date the e-shop on both the 3ds and wii u were no longer keeping a proper record of my transactions and balance history, and just listed what was bought when.

If you are having the problem of missing your receipts, including for pokemon gold and silver, Let Nintendo know if you have "Balance Adjustment" listed on your account activity.

and before you say to take this to Nintendo, I already have and just want to help with figuring things out so you can report the issue to them too if you have it.

You can get GS theme codes from the receipt when you purchase it you guys if you didnt know

I already pre-ordered will the mons have their hidden ability like rby vc? I need a regenerator Ho-oh in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by PrismaticPrincessAnna View Post
    You can get GS theme codes from the receipt when you purchase it you guys if you didnt know
    How does this work? does this work for pre-purchase?
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 18th September 2017 at 6:07 AM. Reason: merged double post

Quote Originally Posted by Espeonite View Post
    I already pre-ordered will the mons have their hidden ability like rby vc? I need a regenerator Ho-oh in my life.
    Logical, given the Generation I transfers, but impossible to know for sure until the games are actually available.

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

Yes, provided you actually get the receipt, you can find it some where on it.

It seems that if you linked your Nintendo switch to your e-shop account, you no longer get a receipt for any 3ds or wii u digital purchase.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345