Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pokespe USUM arc speculation

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    Obviously USUM will be another chapter, although we still do not know how they will handle the protagonists. I just hope they will not tell us that this is the protagonists of parallel world.
    With the protagonist are the same from the original SM. I believe that SM and USUM are just one arc at all

Quote Originally Posted by horrahforyou View Post
    With the protagonist are the same from the original SM. I believe that SM and USUM are just one arc at all
    Well Diamond/Pearl and Platinum used the same characters but had two seperate chapters so if Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon uses an alternate version of Alola or something inside Ultra Space then simply start a new chapter with the same characters but set like 2 weeks after the climax of Sun/Moon. Considering there's a portal in that new map of Alola, I would say that will play a big part.
    ~Disclaimer: If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared to not only retract it, but also to deny under oath I ever said it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Briankelly130 View Post
    Well Diamond/Pearl and Platinum used the same characters but had two seperate chapters so if Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon uses an alternate version of Alola or something inside Ultra Space then simply start a new chapter with the same characters but set like 2 weeks after the climax of Sun/Moon. Considering there's a portal in that new map of Alola, I would say that will play a big part.
    Three problems with that:

First of all, Gold, Silver, and Crystal was one long chapter. So if Gen II can have one story, then so can VII.

Second, Ultra Sun and Moon comes out in three months. The tenth chapter of SM comes out tomorrow (at the time of posting this). Unless B2W2 gets replaced with SM so we get two chapters of that a month, it will be impossible to start an USUM chapter at a reasonable time. And God help us all if Gen VIII comes out next year.

And third, there's no reason to make a separate chapter for USUM. As I said before, we're only nine chapters in. The story has barely begun. It'd be much easier to incorporate the story elements into this chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Three problems with that:

First of all, Gold, Silver, and Crystal was one long chapter. So if Gen II can have one story, then so can VII.

Second, Ultra Sun and Moon comes out in three months. The tenth chapter of SM comes out tomorrow (at the time of posting this). Unless B2W2 gets replaced with SM so we get two chapters of that a month, it will be impossible to start an USUM chapter at a reasonable time. And God help us all if Gen VIII comes out next year.

And third, there's no reason to make a separate chapter for USUM. As I said before, we're only nine chapters in. The story has barely begun. It'd be much easier to incorporate the story elements into this chapter.
    Well Crystal really was the same game as Gold/Silver, just with an added female protagonist and a focus on Suicune so not a whole lot to work in and with Platinum, they had the Battle Zone to work with and the Stark Mountain subplot.

I don't mind if they keep it all one chapter, in fact I'd kind of be all over that if they manage to work both games into the same story but I guess we'll have to wait and see what the games do to see how easy it'll be.

I'm curious, what's the reason for all the delays and everything running behind schedule, I remember reading somewhere that the magazines they ran the chapters in ended publication around the time of the B2/W2 arc and so everything is currently trying to catch up.
    ~Disclaimer: If anyone disagrees with anything I say, I am quite prepared to not only retract it, but also to deny under oath I ever said it. ~

Quote Originally Posted by Briankelly130 View Post
    Well Crystal really was the same game as Gold/Silver, just with an added female protagonist and a focus on Suicune so not a whole lot to work in and with Platinum, they had the Battle Zone to work with and the Stark Mountain subplot.

I don't mind if they keep it all one chapter, in fact I'd kind of be all over that if they manage to work both games into the same story but I guess we'll have to wait and see what the games do to see how easy it'll be.

I'm curious, what's the reason for all the delays and everything running behind schedule, I remember reading somewhere that the magazines they ran the chapters in ended publication around the time of the B2/W2 arc and so everything is currently trying to catch up.
    For a while, Pokespe ran in three different magazines. CoroCoro Ichiban, which is monthly, Sho4, which was monthly, and Pokemon Fan, which has an irregular release.

In early 2012, Sho4 was cancelled, so Pokespe had only the two left. Its release schedule was basically cut in half.

Losing Sho4 hurt Pokespe. A lot.

With two-to-three chapters a month, we could have had BW end much earlier with more content than what we got. Heck, if we couldn't do that, B2W2 might have run alongside BW.

Pokespe doesn't run in Pokemon Fan anymore, but we still have Webry. So hopefully once B2W2 ends, SM run on that so we can 24 chapters a year instead of 12.

We haven't had an arc run in multiple publications since 2014, before ORAS started.
    Last edited by lolipiece; 21st August 2017 at 10:13 AM.

For a while, Pokespe ran in three different magazines. CoroCoro Ichiban, which is monthly, Sho4, which was monthly, and Pokemon Fan, which has an irregular release.

In early 2012, Sho4 was cancelled, so Pokespe had only the two left. Its release schedule was basically cut in half.

Losing Sho4 hurt Pokespe. A lot.

With two-to-three chapters a month, we could have had BW end much earlier with more content than what we got. Heck, if we couldn't do that, B2W2 might have run alongside BW.

Pokespe doesn't run in Pokemon Fan anymore, but we still have Webry. So hopefully once B2W2 ends, SM run on that so we can 24 chapters a year instead of 12.

We haven't had an arc run in multiple publications since 2014, before ORAS started.

Pray for Webry, Ichiban, and potentially Fan to pick up SM when B2W2 ends.

Quote Originally Posted by iml908 View Post
    With the newest trailer, it's pretty much confirmed the USUM players are the same as the one's from SM, since they're faces are exactly the same. It's now extremely likely we're not getting new protagonists, and Sun and Moon will just be getting new outfits. Which is certainly great, and will make things less crowded.

Still curious though if USUM will be a separate chapter all together, or if it's elements will be merged with the SM arc. Could go either way really.
    Well, also because the trailer directly labels them as having "a new look". They wouldn't need a "new" look if they themselves were new characters. So it's definitely Sun and Moon's protagonists.

You could say the same of the protagonists in Platinum or Emerald, though, and we got characters and separate chapters for both of them. I feel like Kusaka would probably want to do a separate chapter because he likes patterns and the last game that didn't get one was Crystal, and we have characters reprensenting every single main series game. He might not do it this time since there really is no time for it and they apparently have trouble keeping with just two arcs if the delays in BW2 are anything to go by. Still, I wouldn't dismiss any possibility yet.

Although I would say I do not care about the time for progress of the game, just want to have a good story quality for B2W2 (and any chapters). It is clear that their time is very urgent, even XY and ORAS are still many plot need to be improved. (Obviously Kusaka still wants Hoopa Unbound and Volcanion to be debut.)

But that's why they're going to launch the mini volumes. (Though we did not think it would need such a long time in the first.)

And I still think the USUM protagonists will be Sun and Moon. This time they seem to have to ignore the law that all versions have a corresponding protagonist, just like what they do with remake versions. And they also broke the law in B2W2 to ignore Hugh's regular rival position. (Though he still gets a lot of spotlight.) But it is still hard to say.

-------------------------

Pokéspe fan video sharing XD

Pokéspe 20th anniversary chronicle
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbpYDdLzwS8&t=4s

Blue's (famale) theme "Humans are such things"
    http://www.bilibili.com/video/av4847420/
    http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm28960150

Pokéspe Girls Fight Song
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ep4LU6Kdop4
    Last edited by e9310103838; 7th October 2017 at 10:13 AM.

*Kicks down door*

So how 'bout them blue alien people, eh?

A new villain(?) group. Actual Ultra Space to explore. USUM's look a lot meatier than people thought of when it was first revealed.

Honestly, with these new characters and plot, I'm increasingly getting worried we might really need a new arc after all, but at the same time, I'm still cautiously optimistic that we're still early enough into SM that these events can be organically be integrated into the story.

*Kicks down door*

So how 'bout them blue alien people, eh?

A new villain(?) group. Actual Ultra Space to explore. USUM's look a lot meatier than people thought of when it was first revealed.

Honestly, with these new characters and plot, I'm increasingly getting worried we might really need a new arc after all, but at the same time, I'm still cautiously optimistic that we're still early enough into SM that these events can be organically be integrated into the story.
    Well as I see it from the trailers it looks like the story is going to be more or less the same as SM until they are going to go to the Ultra Space to find Lusamine and Guzma. The only differences is the implementation of this new group which they can still do in the manga.

I don't think a new arc is necessary right now.

I'm not sure, but doesn't Kusaka get to play the games before the official release? Does anyone know if he's already played USUM ?
    Last edited by Lucky3; 5th October 2017 at 5:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky3 View Post
    I'm not sure, but doesn't Kusaka get to play the games before the official release? Does anyone know if he's already played USUM already?
    I don't know playing, but I guess he gets the information at least. So he had to know about the events in USUM months ago so he can prepare the story.

He played SM in September. Assuming he got to play USUM early as well, it could easily be the same.

Not that it matters much since I doubt he'd be allowed to start including explicit references until the game is out.

I know, but he can at least start to set up whatever he wants to do and decide wether to create a new chapter.

If the story in USUM is going to be the same up to the battle with Lusamine, I can see that as the climax of the SM chapter and having a different chapter to deal with all the Necrozma shenanigans, maybe with new characters. It wouldn't really make a difference timewise because those things need to happen anyway.
    Last edited by Lucky3; 6th October 2017 at 9:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky3 View Post
    I know, but he can at least start to set up whatever he wants to do and decide wether to create a new chapter.

If the story in USUM is going to be the same up to the battle with Lusamine, I can see that as the climax of the SM chapter and having a different chapter to deal with all the Necrozma shenanigans, maybe with new characters. It wouldn't really make a difference timewise because those things need to happen anyway.
    The only thing I can see is something similar to Platinum Arc, but I would prefer if everything gets solve in the same arc. Platinum Arc wasn't very satisfying... it was just stretching the conflict.

I do not know how they will introduce the concept of dimension human. It seems that adding new protagonists are the possibility of Sun and Moon's parallel roles. Although I still think they are the same role. If they are parallel roles, how will they appear in later chapter?

And we still do not know who does Popplio belongs to?

Quote Originally Posted by e9310103838 View Post
    I do not know how they will introduce the concept of dimension human. It seems that adding new protagonists are the possibility of Sun and Moon's parallel roles. Although I still think they are the same role. If they are parallel roles, how will they appear in later chapter?

And we still do not know who does Popplio belongs to?
    No, I think that just like in Emerald and Platinum the protagonists got new outfits, the protagonists of USUM are the same as SM, just a slighty different design. So we don't need new protagonists, just a change of image.

Anybody think the Rotom came from Diamond? Hence why Moon came from Sinnoh?

Quote Originally Posted by Moni_22 View Post
    No, I think that just like in Emerald and Platinum the protagonists got new outfits, the protagonists of USUM are the same as SM, just a slighty different design. So we don't need new protagonists, just a change of image.
    Even if we do get new characters, I don't think they'll be based on the PCs, since they are Sun and Moon after all. I guess it wouldn't be particularly hard to make them look different enough, because the redesings have more changes than in Emerald or Platinum, and Yamamoto can draw their faces however he wants (or give them darker skin like you can in the games), but I doubt they'd do that. Sun getting a haircut and Moon growing her hair seems more likely. There doesn't seem to be a new rival that could fill that role either, so, if anything, they'd have to be original characters like Emerald was (or maybe just one guy/girl named Ultra?).

Or Hugh can change his name to Ulsun and get Fennekin, just to keep all the 'rules' going XD.
    Last edited by Lucky3; 7th October 2017 at 9:15 AM.

I just thought about it and I can totally see Ultra Beast Adhesive being Moon's Pokemon since it is poison and everything. I can also Alolan form Sandslash being Sun's Pokemon to scavenge for treasure.
    White 2 Friend code : 1508-0208-9881
    Pokémon X Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokémon Omega Ruby Friend Code: 0275-7830-7079
    Pokemon Sun Friend Code:0275-7830-7079

I was a fan of Litten's Final Evolution before it was cool.

I feel so behind since I haven't played any Alola games yet. Shame on me. So I can't say for sure what I'd want from UltraSun and UltraMoon. All I know is I don't want Sun and Moon to get the Black and White treatment in BW2. I like Sun and Moon too much to have them be replaced. I don't want them to go. However if the ultras have a very different story then they probably will. I just don't think a sequel chapter is needed right now when BW2 isn't even finished yet.
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum fan. View Post
    I feel so behind since I haven't played any Alola games yet. Shame on me. So I can't say for sure what I'd want from UltraSun and UltraMoon. All I know is I don't want Sun and Moon to get the Black and White treatment in BW2. I like Sun and Moon too much to have them be replaced. I don't want them to go. However if the ultras have a very different story then they probably will. I just don't think a sequel chapter is needed right now when BW2 isn't even finished yet.
    Well don't worry. Since the story is the same (in the sense that it is not a sequel like BW2) I don't think there will be new protagonists. I think it will be like the Platinum chapter, we'll get a sort of climax in SM and then have an extra USUM chapter with Necrozma. But if this is the case I hope it is better than the Platinum chapter. I actually hope there's no Battle Frontier because another Battle Frontier in the manga would be a little boring in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Moni_22 View Post
    Well don't worry. Since the story is the same (in the sense that it is not a sequel like BW2) I don't think there will be new protagonists. I think it will be like the Platinum chapter, we'll get a sort of climax in SM and then have an extra USUM chapter with Necrozma. But if this is the case I hope it is better than the Platinum chapter. I actually hope there's no Battle Frontier because another Battle Frontier in the manga would be a little boring in my opinion.
    I have mixed feelings about that. I want Sun and Moon to remain for any Alola content. However that means they'll change outfits and Moon will lose her weird glovehead hat. She needs it. Other then that I see no problem. The Platinum chapter was rushed by volume 40, but for volume 38 and 39 I thought the chapter was doing alright. Nowhere near as good as the previous DP chapter but that's another story. As for another Battle Frontier, if one did appear I wouldn't be against it. As long as they changed up the story on why they need to be doing one. Plus is Moon is a Berlitz like I hope she is they can reference Platinum for PokeSpecial world building.
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12