Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Features you want/Don't want returning

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    While I always welcome new additions to the customization feature, I think the guys need a better and more extensive selection more than the girls do. I think the girls' options are relatively decent. Then again, if one's character is like my cute little Ayla, you can make all kinds of things work.
    I wouldn't say no to more customization options. But I would like the hairstyles be all available from the start (as well hair colors).

And do we really need walking Pokémon back? It doesn't add much to the gameplay and gets tiring after a while. If it returns (unlikely), I hope it's optional.

Banner made by Satomine Night

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    While I always welcome new additions to the customization feature, I think the guys need a better and more extensive selection more than the girls do. I think the girls' options are relatively decent. Then again, if one's character is like my cute little Ayla, you can make all kinds of things work.
    I honestly prefered the boy's clothing selection to the girl's but that's just me. Calem barely had much of selection in XY and in SM, Sun had so many better options. I felt Moon's clothing selection was so underwhelming compared to Serena's and they could have done so much better but it was just a missed opportunity. I guess it's because I'm a girl myself and a lot of my friends would describe me as a fashionista.

Tumblr | Matt's Secret Base | Author's Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 4871-6086-4217

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    And do we really need walking Pokémon back? It doesn't add much to the gameplay and gets tiring after a while. If it returns (unlikely), I hope it's optional.
    I wouldn't mind it one bit, and I'll get used to it like I would in HGSS.

Though, making it optional would be nice for those that don't like it. And for those that do, I'd personally like to see having the choice of which Pokemon follows me rather than it being only the lead Pokemon in the party.
    Just another average Trainer.

I'm really starting to become wholly disinterested in the Festival Plaza. I've taken to calling it the Festivus Plaza, because there's so much wrong with it that it's just one grievance after the next. I wish it could've been more like Join Avenue, in which directing visitors to shops levelled up the shop, instead of having to wait for someone to join my Plaza from online who has the shop I want at the rank I need. Which takes FOREVER because almost NO ONE levels up their Plaza enough to have decent shops for sale. Even players with high guest rankings and lots of really good records have one-star noob shops for sale. I can handle the fact that you need to go there to communicate online, tho; it sort of reminds me of the olden days of having to go to the GTS building to trade online.

I think it goes without saying that Move Tutors are 99.99999% guaranteed to make a return, but anything could happen, I suppose. The only thing I wish is that they're not locked behind Battle Tree BP, even tho you know they will be. I am so bad at post-game battle facilities, and the Battle Tree is way more brutal than the Battle Maison was. In the Battle Tree, I can barely make it past the first trainer, only to watch helplessly as the second trainer rips me a new one, while in the Maison, I can easily make it to Chatelaine Nita, and barring any proc hax or poor type matchups, I can usually beat her fairly quickly. If the Battle Tree does return in USUM, make it easier for non-expert trainers to at least clear a regular line. Super lines can be for those elitist no-lifers, who burn hundreds of hours perfectly breeding and EV-training their OU-tier, world championships-level Pokemon (that always seem to be shiny, as well. But that's none of my business... *sips tea*)

As for all this talk about having Pokemon follow you like in Yellow and HGSS, just, why? It's thematically appropriate in HGSS, considering Elm asks you to do it for his research into the emotions of Pokemon, and it's also thematically appropriate in Yellow because it loosely follows the anime's story. Not only do I not see how it could fit into Gen 7's story, I also don't see how it'd function in a fully-3D, non-grid movement system. Don't get me wrong, if they can shoehorn it in to HGSS, I'm sure they'd be able to finnagle it into USUM's movement tech, too. I just don't see it becoming a thing, realistically. (Watch me be absolutely freaking BODIED when I'm inevitably wrong.)

I'm sure I'll have more to add to this post later on, but for now, I'm done.
    "Blessed are the peacekeepers, champions of the just."

IGN: Alduin (X, OR), Lillith (Y, AS)
    NNID: ArceusKnight
    3DS FC: 0318-8048-1351

I have several HA Pokémon, shinies, and a handful of events for trade! Looking for anything to expand my collection! PM me if you're interested!

Things I Want

• Bicycle ~ I miss the bike. I guess the saying you never know what you had till its gone could not be more true in this case. I really missed the bike feature and I really hope they bring it back.
    • Fishing ~ I miss the old way of fishing. I swear nothing got more annoying than when I was searching for other Pokemon to catch by fishing and all I got was Magikarp. If they keep the new of fishing, just make it so Magikarp don't appear in the bubbling water spots.
    • Trainer Customization ~ Do I need to explain? This was something I really looked forward to and it definitely did not disappoint. I don't see why they would not bring it back but still, I hope they keep this feature.
    • Ride Pokemon ~ is there anyone who didn't like not having to deal with HM's? It was so annoying to teach a Pokemon an HM move that I would delete as soon as I was able to just to proceed. I sure as heck will be more than happy if they bring this feature back. Well, all except for Stoutland Search, that was a bad substitute for the Dowsing Machine, IMO.
    • Poke Pelago ~ I really did enjoy this feature while playing through Moon and I always found myself checking back every single day.

Don't Want

• SOS Battles ~ I swear nothing got more annoying than when I was trying to catch a Pokemon and all it did was keep calling for help. Finally got to the point where I got fed up and just knocked it out. I definitely would not mind if they made it so the only ways SOS Battles can happen is if you use an Adrenaline Orbs. Otherwise, it's just so annoying and unnecessary.
    • Festival Plaza ~ It just honestly seems like such a useless feature to me and I would more than happy if they replace it with the PSS.

I'm seeing a lot of discussion of about people wanting Pokemon Following the Player feature back and I'm definitely not alright with that. I felt like that feature was just pointless and annoying while playing HeartGold, I really don't want that feature returning.

I really hope they move the Move Reminder person so they're not at Mount Lanakila. Why have it at the end of the game when a lot of coulf use a lot earlier in the game? They could have put them at the Tapu Village and U would have been okay with that but at the place right before you take on the Elite Four seems a bit ridiculous to me.

That's all I can think of now.

I don't want to fight Tapu Koko when I already went through the league and no shortage of cutscene.

Thank God I got a Timid one (no Synchronize) first try.

Quote Originally Posted by Google translated Bulbasaur entry
    A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Auraninja View Post
    I don't want to fight Tapu Koko when I already went through the league and no shortage of cutscene.

Thank God I got a Timid one (no Synchronize) first try.
    Well, even if you defeated tapu koko after all the cutscenes, he would reappeared again, so you have another chance.

But i also agree, all have some doubts and fear in that moment.
    Last edited by 04n70n10; 23rd June 2017 at 7:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04n70n10 View Post
    Well, even if you defeated tapu koko after all the cutscenes, he would reappeared again, so you have another chance.

But i also agree, all have some doubts and fear in that moment.
    It's not that so much as it is the set nature and IVs.

I was extremely lucky, but I think I got Naive, not Timid as I stated earlier.

It was close enough.

A man like a cuckoo in the stomach is stubborn with the body Some things are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by .Aerodactyl. View Post
    Want:

Following Pokémon again! I know it's useless, I don't even need the whole item pickup thing that HGSS did. I just want the dream of walking with my Pokémon.
    That would look pretty cool, but considering there are over 800 Pokemon how would using those 3D models in such way affect the game performance? Would be cute having my starter of choice walk behind me, but I laughed imagining my trainer taking a huge-mon such as Wailmer or Groudon for a walk.

Battle Frontier. The post game would be incredible!
    Yes plx!

The National Dex.
    Another yes! I want to see all Mega evolution entries! :/

Refresh/Amie. I can't get enough...it's honestly made me fill the Dex just to raise them from infancy and pet their little cheeks :')
    I'd rather say, I'm gonna throw an outrage if this feature is ever removed. :'D

Safari Zone. Nostalgic and shakes up the catching system, but gone without before and sometimes it's frustrating.
    It would be refreshing to have it, I didn't care much about the Kalos safari but the older gen style just becase it was fun trying to catch that one pretty rare bastard which could flee at any moment. Less efficient but more adventurous style.

Seasons. They were just overrated in my opinion. It was frustrating having to time my get to get places because of snow and what not.
    Considering the tropical atmosphere of Alola, I don't think seasons would be fitting, but having a changing weather would liven things up a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by oarfish
    Move Tutors
    We are perhaps supposed to transfer our "tutored" Pokemon from ORAS but... /want!

One thing worth mentioning I want is that the new Lunala and Solgaleo fused with Necrozma forms wouldn't have the similar idea to "shadow Pokemon". I love how Pokemon furthers the ideas of friendship, compassion, helping those in need and equality between dualities but sometimes I would find it refreshing that not have a story about shadow being purged as 'corrupt' or 'hurt' but sometimes letting the 'mon to adapt into the new, perhaps more powerful form of living - accepting oneself as what they have become? Although I'm not sure if that'll even be relevant regarding to the story in Ultra S/M.
    I just want a good story!

I hope mega evolutions have also come to stay.
    Last edited by Deadeye; 25th June 2017 at 6:02 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    That would look pretty cool, but considering there are over 800 Pokemon how would using those 3D models in such way affect the game performance? Would be cute having my starter of choice walk behind me, but I laughed imagining my trainer taking a huge-mon such as Wailmer or Groudon for a walk.
    The thing is, it doesn't matter how many pokémon there are in the game. All that matters for the performance when it comes to FPS and lag is how much it is actually loading at a time. As long as you only have a single pokémon following you it's just one overworld model it needs to render and load.

Things I want to return from SM:

- Pelego: I really loved how we can interact with the Box pokemon
    - Customization: I'd like more options, but its awesome if it can return as is as well
    - Pokeride: But change Charizard
    - Rotom Dex: Added flavor to my journey

Things I want to return from old games:
    - Acorn balls: These were my favorite pokeballs, and with gold and silver being re-released... I think they should make a come back
    - Partner pokemon: I don't think this needs a reason
    - Safari zone: I miss the old safari zones
    - Bike: Pokeride is fun and all but I want my bike back
    - HM: I'll probably be attacked for this, but I miss HM because I used to feel like I can count on my own team, not "outsiders"
    - Soaring: Again this doesn't need a reason
    - Dive Pokeride: We have a lot of water, lets see what treasures are hidden.
    - National Pokedex: I still don't know why it was removed.
    - Post story: I liked Ultra beasts but it was short
    The team that started it all
    Silver - Team:

FC: 3797-6558-2674 - Feel free to add me! (Just VM/PM me so that I can add you back!)

Pokemon Y Friend Safari type ICE - Spheal, Beartic and Lapras

Things I want to return:
    -National Pokedex. Why was it even removed in the first place?
    -Seals. Some of them allowed for pretty epic animation.
    -Horde Encounters. By far the best way to EV train.
    -Daily Pokemon swarms, like in Generations IV-V.
    -The ability to re-battle all the trainers, not just a select few.
    -Starter Pokemon from the other regions being available post-game.
    -Move Tutors, even the ones who teach moves like Shock Wave/Water Pulse.
    -DexNav (or a similiar feature).
    Features I don't want to see:
    -More Generation I pandering. Do I even need to explain this one?
    -Poke Ride. I know it is an unpopular opinion, but the way it is now, it just feels like a slap in the face. There are so many things wrong with it that I could go about them all day long. Why is Charizard used for flying if it isn't even in the Alola Dex? Machamp Shove is just plain creepy. This feature needs a complete overhaul, and they should let your character ride the Pokemon you actually own (similiarly to Soaring from OR/AS), not rentals. And some of the HMs weren't even bad to start with.

Z- Crystal distribution. They have to right? I have the Snorlium Z and Mewnium Z but i want to re-start Pokemon Sun and since they can't be traded i will end up loosing both.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    The thing is, it doesn't matter how many pokémon there are in the game. All that matters for the performance when it comes to FPS and lag is how much it is actually loading at a time. As long as you only have a single pokémon following you it's just one overworld model it needs to render and load.
    Oh yea. You know the FPS lag during double battles with a legendary bird? I imagined something similar happening in a city: regarding to those larger Pokemon models, it could also become awkward in overworld view, so the models would have to be adjusted to 'fit in' better, however I don't know if it actually needs a lot or little extra data to use those 800 Pokemon models in overworld. Imagining if they add this feature, they gotta leave out that regarding to data usage.
    However I don't have much knowledge of how these things work, it's much more like having a superficial image. If you know better, feel free to correct me.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat! View Post
    Z- Crystal distribution. They have to right? I have the Snorlium Z and Mewnium Z but i want to re-start Pokemon Sun and since they can't be traded i will end up loosing both.
    I wouldn't count on it. Gamefreak and the Pokémon Company have always been abysmal regarding mythicals and event-only stuff distributions, and you can't trade mythicals either without hacking them. I don't even have Mewnium Z right now because I don't have Bank and I don't have Mew either. As long as there's no sign of them releasing Mew again in the Netherlands in the foreseeable future I'm not going to bother getting a Z-crystal I can't even use. They don't *have to* give out mythical Z-crystals at all, I don't think GameFreak even considers mythical pokémon to be really part of the game, considering so many countries get them like a decade later than Japan, or don't even get them at all. They are also pretty much useless as they're banned everywhere, even in trading. They're clearly not meant to be actually used, they never even cared enough about actually making them available to all their customers. And I don't think event-only Z-crystals are going to be distributed better. Especially the Snorlium Z which is a bit like a mythical. It looks awesome, but it's worthless in actual battle.
    Last edited by Sceptile Leaf Blade; 25th June 2017 at 9:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadeye View Post
    Oh yea. You know the FPS lag during double battles with a legendary bird? I imagined something similar happening in a city: regarding to those larger Pokemon models, it could also become awkward in overworld view, so the models would have to be adjusted to 'fit in' better, however I don't know if it actually needs a lot or little extra data to use those 800 Pokemon models in overworld. Imagining if they add this feature, they gotta leave out that regarding to data usage.
    However I don't have much knowledge of how these things work, it's much more like having a superficial image. If you know better, feel free to correct me.
    This is what I was trying to say before about the 3DS not being able to handle over 800+ individual walking Pokémon sprites. The Legendary Birds in doubles slows everything down and in the over world this will have a huge effect on the game's graphics.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Instead of a cutscene activating when you arrive at a place, I would rather it activate while talking to the NPC in question. That way, you can travel through the island and then get back to the story when you want/need to.

Am I the only person who would like to see Megas return? They made Some Pokemon relevant again but they gave them to unnecessary Pokemon like Garchomp, Raqyaza and MewTwo.

Give them to Corsola or Dunsparce, give them to Pokemon that actually need to become competitive

Quote Originally Posted by CharizardXY View Post
    Am I the only person who would like to see Megas return? They made Some Pokemon relevant again but they gave them to unnecessary Pokemon like Garchomp, Raqyaza and MewTwo.

Give them to Corsola or Dunsparce, give them to Pokemon that actually need to become competitive
    Oh yea I forgot about Megas! Definitely want those back!
    The team that started it all
    Silver - Team:

FC: 3797-6558-2674 - Feel free to add me! (Just VM/PM me so that I can add you back!)

Pokemon Y Friend Safari type ICE - Spheal, Beartic and Lapras

Another thing we need - more NPCs in cities and towns! I go through Heahea and Malie these days and it's really, really weird how there aren't many people outside. It would make the cities seem more lively. Especially Malie and Hau 'oli who need this the most.

Banner made by Satomine Night

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze990 View Post
    Megas I want are Flygon, Froslass, Hydreigon (with nine heads), Maractus (to make it more memorable), Weavile, and Mightyena.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    This is what I was trying to say before about the 3DS not being able to handle over 800+ individual walking Pokémon sprites. The Legendary Birds in doubles slows everything down and in the over world this will have a huge effect on the game's graphics.
    To be fair though, there was a hacker that found walking and running animations for every pokemon and their formes in Sun and Moon. So it could happen, I just don't think it's likely. Probably got pretty far in development before they realized something that didn't allow it to work.
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Credit goes to FairyWitch at Flower Paradise Graphics
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze990 View Post
    Really glad some people agree with me. Honestly think Z-moves aren't very interesting as they are very limited in what they can do and are basically the same

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    Another thing we need - more NPCs in cities and towns! I go through Heahea and Malie these days and it's really, really weird how there aren't many people outside. It would make the cities seem more lively. Especially Malie and Hau 'oli who need this the most.
    Are there actually less NPC's standing around in those cities? I didn't notice a difference, maybe because they have those NPC's walking around the city in almost every city and town this time, that really adds to the liveliness as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    I wouldn't count on it. Gamefreak and the Pokémon Company have always been abysmal regarding mythicals and event-only stuff distributions, and you can't trade mythicals either without hacking them. I don't even have Mewnium Z right now because I don't have Bank and I don't have Mew either. As long as there's no sign of them releasing Mew again in the Netherlands in the foreseeable future I'm not going to bother getting a Z-crystal I can't even use. They don't *have to* give out mythical Z-crystals at all, I don't think GameFreak even considers mythical pokémon to be really part of the game, considering so many countries get them like a decade later than Japan, or don't even get them at all. They are also pretty much useless as they're banned everywhere, even in trading. They're clearly not meant to be actually used, they never even cared enough about actually making them available to all their customers. And I don't think event-only Z-crystals are going to be distributed better. Especially the Snorlium Z which is a bit like a mythical. It looks awesome, but it's worthless in actual battle.
    Ever since you could receive mystery gifts through the internet, I'm pretty sure they distributed each mythical at least twice. Mew was recently distributed as one of the monthly mythicals during the anniversary, so I'm not sure if you somehow missed that? They do make them easily available for their customers these days, just don't expect them to release every single one of them each year.
    Last edited by Tropios; Today at 11:25 AM.
    Black: 0389 7985 8218
    I claimed ~Tropius~

Quote Originally Posted by Tropios View Post
    Ever since you could receive mystery gifts through the internet, I'm pretty sure they distributed each mythical at least twice. Mew was recently distributed as one of the monthly mythicals during the anniversary, so I'm not sure if you somehow missed that? They do make them easily available for their customers these days, just don't expect them to release every single one of them each year.
    I don't have the gen 4 to gen 6 games, and Mew was only distributed in those in my country. I also don't have Celebi because it was only released in gen 6 (yes it took GameFreak like 14 years to release it after the release of Gold/Silver).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567