Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Features you want/Don't want returning

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
    Features to return:

Those.

I love leveling up Pokemon to 100. I have a huge collection of them, and I'm aiming for 400 by the end of this generation. In the current generation, there's really only one place that really matters, and that's the Hau'oli City Mall. And, while I have gotten six Pokemon to level 100 using it, the fact that you're restricted to only nine turns before you have to leave and restart, really means that I have to pay attention to every little detail. One slip up can mean being locked out or losing a crap ton of progress, because I let it hit that tenth turn. Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon need a better form of trainer rematches. I say this only because trainer rematches are among the absolute best means of accruing experience points.

And I would absolutely love to see more Apricorn Balls. Give me some means of getting more than the one we find scattered around.
    Have you used Poke Pelago? It takes a while but if you can get your Pokemon close to level one hundred, do 99 level up drinks, and repeat you can get them to that level

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Beast Lover View Post
    Have you used Poke Pelago? It takes a while but if you can get your Pokemon close to level one hundred, do 99 level up drinks, and repeat you can get them to that level
    No, and I have no intent on doing it. There's no sense of pride in having the game level up my Pokemon for me. All 354 that I've done so far have been done by me, no Rare Candies or other "free level up" mechanics. Just good old fashioned level grinding.
    354 Pokémon at Level 100
    Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 95 • Fifth Gen: 71 • Sixth Gen: 122 • Seventh Gen: 6

Pokemon Moon In-Game Team:
    Aria • Crest • Zero • Princess • Diva • Apollo

Level 64 • 1,700,801 EXP / 6,369,720 EXP • 26.70% Completed

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Thunder View Post
    No, and I have no intent on doing it. There's no sense of pride in having the game level up my Pokemon for me. All 354 that I've done so far have been done by me, no Rare Candies or other "free level up" mechanics. Just good old fashioned level grinding.
    Yeah I agree, I just find it better then doing the Elite 4 a thousand times. I hope we have rematches maybe even get our own battle resort after we become champions

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra Beast Lover View Post
    Yeah I agree, I just find it better then doing the Elite 4 a thousand times. I hope we have rematches maybe even get our own battle resort after we become champions
    I use the Hau'oli City Mall Battle Buffet. Where you're given ten turns, battle as many trainers as you can before ten turns are up to collect as much food as you can. If you leave prior to finishing all ten turns, you aren't locked out and can repeat the process. It allows for much faster EXP grinding than the Elite Four since there's almost zero talking and no credits.

However, each trainer only has one Pokemon each, and sometimes they'll intentionally go out of their way to extend the battle by as many turns as they can. For instance, there's a Black Belt that uses a Hariyama that knows Endure. It only cost 1,200p per entry, and you'll easily earn that back, but the amount of experience you earn is greatly diminished when you compare it to anything in Fourth, Fifth, or Sixth generation. This is the slowest leveling I've seen since Third Generation, and that's saying something. In some respects, it's actually slower than Third Gen, but at least the Experience Share and Affection can speed up the process.
    354 Pokémon at Level 100
    Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 95 • Fifth Gen: 71 • Sixth Gen: 122 • Seventh Gen: 6

Pokemon Moon In-Game Team:
    Aria • Crest • Zero • Princess • Diva • Apollo

Level 64 • 1,700,801 EXP / 6,369,720 EXP • 26.70% Completed

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415