Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Features you want/Don't want returning

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    While I always welcome new additions to the customization feature, I think the guys need a better and more extensive selection more than the girls do. I think the girls' options are relatively decent. Then again, if one's character is like my cute little Ayla, you can make all kinds of things work.
    I wouldn't say no to more customization options. But I would like the hairstyles be all available from the start (as well hair colors).

And do we really need walking Pokémon back? It doesn't add much to the gameplay and gets tiring after a while. If it returns (unlikely), I hope it's optional.

Banner made by Satomine Night

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    While I always welcome new additions to the customization feature, I think the guys need a better and more extensive selection more than the girls do. I think the girls' options are relatively decent. Then again, if one's character is like my cute little Ayla, you can make all kinds of things work.
    I honestly prefered the boy's clothing selection to the girl's but that's just me. Calem barely had much of selection in XY and in SM, Sun had so many better options. I felt Moon's clothing selection was so underwhelming compared to Serena's and they could have done so much better but it was just a missed opportunity. I guess it's because I'm a girl myself and a lot of my friends would describe me as a fashionista.

Tumblr | Matt's Secret Base | Author's Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 4871-6086-4217

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    And do we really need walking Pokémon back? It doesn't add much to the gameplay and gets tiring after a while. If it returns (unlikely), I hope it's optional.
    I wouldn't mind it one bit, and I'll get used to it like I would in HGSS.

Though, making it optional would be nice for those that don't like it. And for those that do, I'd personally like to see having the choice of which Pokemon follows me rather than it being only the lead Pokemon in the party.
    Just another average Trainer.

I'm really starting to become wholly disinterested in the Festival Plaza. I've taken to calling it the Festivus Plaza, because there's so much wrong with it that it's just one grievance after the next. I wish it could've been more like Join Avenue, in which directing visitors to shops levelled up the shop, instead of having to wait for someone to join my Plaza from online who has the shop I want at the rank I need. Which takes FOREVER because almost NO ONE levels up their Plaza enough to have decent shops for sale. Even players with high guest rankings and lots of really good records have one-star noob shops for sale. I can handle the fact that you need to go there to communicate online, tho; it sort of reminds me of the olden days of having to go to the GTS building to trade online.

I think it goes without saying that Move Tutors are 99.99999% guaranteed to make a return, but anything could happen, I suppose. The only thing I wish is that they're not locked behind Battle Tree BP, even tho you know they will be. I am so bad at post-game battle facilities, and the Battle Tree is way more brutal than the Battle Maison was. In the Battle Tree, I can barely make it past the first trainer, only to watch helplessly as the second trainer rips me a new one, while in the Maison, I can easily make it to Chatelaine Nita, and barring any proc hax or poor type matchups, I can usually beat her fairly quickly. If the Battle Tree does return in USUM, make it easier for non-expert trainers to at least clear a regular line. Super lines can be for those elitist no-lifers, who burn hundreds of hours perfectly breeding and EV-training their OU-tier, world championships-level Pokemon (that always seem to be shiny, as well. But that's none of my business... *sips tea*)

As for all this talk about having Pokemon follow you like in Yellow and HGSS, just, why? It's thematically appropriate in HGSS, considering Elm asks you to do it for his research into the emotions of Pokemon, and it's also thematically appropriate in Yellow because it loosely follows the anime's story. Not only do I not see how it could fit into Gen 7's story, I also don't see how it'd function in a fully-3D, non-grid movement system. Don't get me wrong, if they can shoehorn it in to HGSS, I'm sure they'd be able to finnagle it into USUM's movement tech, too. I just don't see it becoming a thing, realistically. (Watch me be absolutely freaking BODIED when I'm inevitably wrong.)

I'm sure I'll have more to add to this post later on, but for now, I'm done.
    "Blessed are the peacekeepers, champions of the just."

IGN: Alduin (X, OR), Lillith (Y, AS)
    NNID: ArceusKnight
    3DS FC: 0318-8048-1351

I have several HA Pokémon, shinies, and a handful of events for trade! Looking for anything to expand my collection! PM me if you're interested!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567