Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 401 to 424 of 424

Thread: Features you want/Don't want returning

  1. #401
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Not Iowa
    Posts
    8,158

    Default

    What I’m more surprised by is that, out of this entire thread, most thought/hoped that the Festival Plaza, would be removed/replaced. Sure it’s inferior to the PSS (at least to me) but I expected the Festival Plaza to stay in USUM only with a couple of new features.

  2. #402
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Under my bed sheets
    Posts
    1,217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragalge View Post
    What I’m more surprised by is that, out of this entire thread, most thought/hoped that the Festival Plaza, would be removed/replaced. Sure it’s inferior to the PSS (at least to me) but I expected the Festival Plaza to stay in USUM only with a couple of new features.
    Same here. Personally, I hoped to not see it again but I was aware that this would be nothing more than wishful thinking on my own part. I hope GenVIII games will bring back PSS or something similar to it.
    Last edited by Darthlord7; 28th October 2017 at 6:28 PM.

  3. #403
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Silvertown, Johto
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    To be honest, I don't dislike Plaza, no I don't, but it really needs some fixes. One of them should be to be able to view our Pokémon in the Storage system outside trades while in the plaza (in other words, add a freaking PC there!). Another is to be able to upgrade facilities the more you use them, not getting the upgraded versions by strangers, that's really time-consuming and luck-based. Also, there needs to be a facility that can sell you clothing from the opposing version you're playing, it's annoying to have to hope for someone who wears the clothing you want to show up in your game.

    At least with the Plaza you don't have a message popping up every few seconds like in PSS.

    Banner made by Satomine Night

  4. #404
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    I can understand why they don't add a PC to the Plaza. You can access the Plaza from anywhere, which would make potions and stuff pretty redundant. You could just hop on to Plaza and use the PC for free healing. And it'd make the E4 way too easy if you could change your team between the fights. It's already really easy right now.

  5. #405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    I can understand why they don't add a PC to the Plaza. You can access the Plaza from anywhere, which would make potions and stuff pretty redundant. You could just hop on to Plaza and use the PC for free healing. And it'd make the E4 way too easy if you could change your team between the fights. It's already really easy right now.
    You really got good point there.

  6. #406
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Po Town
    Posts
    7,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile Leaf Blade View Post
    I can understand why they don't add a PC to the Plaza. You can access the Plaza from anywhere, which would make potions and stuff pretty redundant. You could just hop on to Plaza and use the PC for free healing. And it'd make the E4 way too easy if you could change your team between the fights. It's already really easy right now.
    They could just block the ability to use Festival Plaza in the Elite Four. I do agree that it was pretty ridiculous having to leave to adjust your party before battling again... which also involved connecting to the internet again, which takes a very long freaking time in SuMo.
    I put my Wonder Trade drops in a box and I take stuff out when I see something I want to keep... that way I don't end up accidentally wonder trading it away by mistake so leaving FP and coming back in to put it into a different box is just annoying.

    And it is not easy, Alola Elite Four is way harder than the joke of a Kalos E4 was.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

  7. #407
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Silvertown, Johto
    Posts
    2,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoruagible View Post
    They could just block the ability to use Festival Plaza in the Elite Four. I do agree that it was pretty ridiculous having to leave to adjust your party before battling again... which also involved connecting to the internet again, which takes a very long freaking time in SuMo.
    I put my Wonder Trade drops in a box and I take stuff out when I see something I want to keep... that way I don't end up accidentally wonder trading it away by mistake so leaving FP and coming back in to put it into a different box is just annoying.

    And it is not easy, Alola Elite Four is way harder than the joke of a Kalos E4 was.
    That's exactly why we need a PC in Plaza. Of course it can break the game, but seriously, who would go and have battles online when challenging the League?

    Banner made by Satomine Night

  8. #408
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    That's exactly why we need a PC in Plaza. Of course it can break the game, but seriously, who would go and have battles online when challenging the League?
    Many wouldn't, many would. As long as the option is there, it removes the remaining sense of challenge the E4 has.

  9. #409
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    The Time-Space Continuum
    Posts
    2,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrose7 View Post
    Many wouldn't, many would. As long as the option is there, it removes the remaining sense of challenge the E4 has.
    I could see it working if they did what an above user suggested and simply block PC use during the league. They don't have a problem doing it with other things, so I don't see why they can't here.

  10. #410
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    But you can just use Battle Teams for battling anyway right? The only thing is that you can't change movesets, EVs, or hold items on your pokémon from Plaza, but you can change your battle teams from the Battle Spot, move pokémon in and out of them from the PC.

  11. #411
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Probably won't happen, but I would love to see the return of Triple Battles.

  12. #412
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    if the dex is expanding and we're getting some 'new area', I'd love to see a return of the Safari Zone, but maybe with a more 'Jurassic Park' twist since that guy was working on a fossil park in the first game. More than anything, though, I'd like the 'electric' and 'snow' areas where pokemon can evolve to be somewhere mid-game rather than near the very end. I want to be able to use Crabominable or Vikavolt before the Victory Road climb this time around.
    † I am a Christian, and not ashamed to admit it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

    Current Shinies:
    Malamar, Dragalge, Carbink, Pyroar, Vivillion,


  13. #413
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Po Town
    Posts
    7,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    if the dex is expanding and we're getting some 'new area', I'd love to see a return of the Safari Zone, but maybe with a more 'Jurassic Park' twist since that guy was working on a fossil park in the first game. More than anything, though, I'd like the 'electric' and 'snow' areas where pokemon can evolve to be somewhere mid-game rather than near the very end. I want to be able to use Crabominable or Vikavolt before the Victory Road climb this time around.
    This. So freaking much....
    I'd love to use Charjabug on my main playthrough, but I do not want to be stuck with it for essentially the whole game. From the Water Trial until Poni Canyon I was stuck with him like that. He didn't evolve until after level 50!!!
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

  14. #414
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    if the dex is expanding and we're getting some 'new area', I'd love to see a return of the Safari Zone, but maybe with a more 'Jurassic Park' twist since that guy was working on a fossil park in the first game. More than anything, though, I'd like the 'electric' and 'snow' areas where pokemon can evolve to be somewhere mid-game rather than near the very end. I want to be able to use Crabominable or Vikavolt before the Victory Road climb this time around.
    Amen to this. Crabominable is a pokemon I really like from this generation, and being able to use him earlier on would be awesome.
    From Northwinter Press. Play as a monster trainer. Capture monsters from the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game and raise them as your companions. Catch updates and free conversions of monsters from many different games on our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/mysticalkom.

  15. #415
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Escondido, California
    Posts
    11

    Default

    I really want Friend Safari, VS Seeker, Move Tutors and Battle Factory to return. Also, on the music side of things, Sun/Moon only had one trainer encounter theme. I want that to change in USUM.

    EDIT: Also, I hope the Ralts, Shroomish and Drilbur lines are catchable in the wild this time around.
    Last edited by CanzetYote; 2nd November 2017 at 5:51 AM.

  16. #416
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I want finger-less gloves to Return one of the reasons why I don't use trainer customization is because we don't have an option for Finger less Gloves.

  17. #417
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    441

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Niormon View Post
    I want finger-less gloves to Return one of the reasons why I don't use trainer customization is because we don't have an option for Finger less Gloves.
    I'm still waiting for my scarf and cape myself. Having those would be pretty cool.
    Keeping this signature up until either a third game to the Pokemon Colosseum series is announced or until a main series game is extremely similar to it.


  18. #418
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,515

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bus View Post
    if the dex is expanding and we're getting some 'new area', I'd love to see a return of the Safari Zone, but maybe with a more 'Jurassic Park' twist since that guy was working on a fossil park in the first game. More than anything, though, I'd like the 'electric' and 'snow' areas where pokemon can evolve to be somewhere mid-game rather than near the very end. I want to be able to use Crabominable or Vikavolt before the Victory Road climb this time around.
    I agree. Charjabug is an amazing pokémon for double battles but there just aren't enough of those in-game to make that really worthwhile. It'd be better if it evolved with Thunderstone or something. Charjabug is a pretty decent bulky attacker though, it has Toxapex levels of defensive stats with Eviolite and 82 attack isn't bad at all. Give it something like Charge and Spark and it can deal good damage. And Crabominable is pretty good but it indeed just evolves too late.
    Last edited by Sceptile Leaf Blade; 2nd November 2017 at 12:54 PM.

  19. #419
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    11

    Default

    1. Remove Shiny Lock
    2. Remove Distribution Only Legendaries
    3. Battle Frontier (Emerald version preferably) and/or PWT
    4. Return PSS
    5. Return Horde Encounters


    6. Keep cutscenes to essential moments, not just to fill up time+make them skippable after first playthrough.

    7. Allow saving right before choosing your starter/catching Legendary and other interactable Pokémon (understandable why we've been moving away from this, but just because it's understandable, doesn't make it right).

    8. A protagonist that is clearly in their late teens or a young adult [It has been over 20 years since the games were first released in Japan, it's time to age up]! It would be great if the protagonists we've seen are a fake-out that turn out to not be our player characters (or have an option to choose between different character models depending on your age)! I cannot understand why Wicke pointedly remarks on your 11 year old self, which in retrospect makes other interactions within Sun and Moon very questionable.

    9. Have a rival that is a true rival, not a friendly presence who is barely competent (Hau and Barry are the WORST to interact with, but even Barry had decent Pokémon towards the end of the game). I see Hau is returning, I just hope he's not a dingbat this time.

    10. Add options to; change the difficulty setting, enforce Nuzlocke rules, and/or allow randomisation after fully completing the story for the first time.

    11. Keep battle music as battle music (Hau's supposed battle theme is not suited for a confrontation, and the Kahuna battle theme builds well but spectacularly fails right when it should have gotten epic).

    12. Don't be given or have the ability to catch a Legendary Pokémon with 600+ BST before entering the Hall of Fame for the first time in a playthrough.

    13. EXP Share needs reworking (either have it function exactly like the EXP All in RBY or have it revert to a held item).

    14. RotomDex is cringy and unnecessary. I don't want destination markers, stupidly long Pokémon registration times, or any electronic device in the Pokémon universe calling me 'big boy'.

    15. Make Trials better for this game, some have been added, let's hope they are engaging!

    16. Give weaker Pokémon higher BST's/better movepools/new forms to allow for more diversity within competitive battling. The small changes that have been made are a step in the right direction.

    17. Fairy type nerf (Fire is super effective, Dragon is not very effective)

    18. Gengar wants Levitate back!

  20. #420
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I would like for horde encounters to return. I would also like to borrow from SOS and have an evolved pokemon show up every once in a while. I would also like it if all of the legendary pokemon that were shiny locked in X & Y were unlocked in these games.

  21. #421
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    The State of Denial
    Posts
    1,179

    Default

    I’d like for hoardes to return perhaps with one with four Mareanie and one Corsola and one Bounsweet with four Trumbeak. Just to show predatory competition in the region. I would also love to see the return of the emojis from Gen 5 used during online trading. It made it easier to let your trading partner know which Pokémon you wanted during offers.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog


  22. #422
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    821

    Default

    I'd love to get the Battle Frontier and Pokemon World Tournament back. Those features were excellent ways to add new content and challenge the player in the post-game.
    Fact: All fanbases are unpleasable, deal with it.

    Pokemon Red Team: Corona LV.53 Garland LV.44 Salt LV.47 Rime LV.48 Blitz LV.55 Buckle LV. 46 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

    Pokemon Crystal Team: Flower LV.62 Torrent LV.61 Echo LV.58 Shade LV. 57 Vortex LV.60 Brand LV. 60Badges: 16, Elite Four defeated, Red defeated

    Pokemon Black Team: Daedalus LV.52 Metoer LV.51 Lillil LV.51 Ramses LV.52 Neptune LV.50 Atalanta LV. 49 Badges: 8, Elite Four defeated.

    Ranked 5,823rd place in the VGC 2011 Autumn Friendly Tourney

  23. #423
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Whole Cake Island
    Posts
    258

    Default

    I don't know if this counts as a feature, but looking back at Diamond and Pearl, despite them being my least favorite of the games, I REALLY liked how they handled the distribution of Mythicals. Rather than just giving them out for going to Gamestop or accessing the internet, they gave things that triggered in game events, allowing the player to access exclusive areas. This made it so much cooler and more fun catching them (which is really what Pokemon is all about, catching Pokemon).

    Like traveling down Flower Paradise to get Shaymin, or to Newmoon Island to get Darkrai, or even the Hall of Origin to get Arceus just feels and looks so cool. And then having to battle them is a lot more fun. I would like to see the return of this.

  24. #424
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Queen View Post
    I don't know if this counts as a feature, but looking back at Diamond and Pearl, despite them being my least favorite of the games, I REALLY liked how they handled the distribution of Mythicals. Rather than just giving them out for going to Gamestop or accessing the internet, they gave things that triggered in game events, allowing the player to access exclusive areas. This made it so much cooler and more fun catching them (which is really what Pokemon is all about, catching Pokemon).

    Like traveling down Flower Paradise to get Shaymin, or to Newmoon Island to get Darkrai, or even the Hall of Origin to get Arceus just feels and looks so cool. And then having to battle them is a lot more fun. I would like to see the return of this.
    Even the third generation did that with Naval Rock and Birth Island. Its a shame we don't have those. Probably because of hackers. In gen V we had some minor events too when you took mythicals too certain places. Now they're gone as well.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •