Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Features you want/Don't want returning

pretty damn bummed. the same crappy cutscenes are in USUM

Quote Originally Posted by Yknot View Post
    I had a pretty good trade shop for gen 6 and I pretty much quit playing when I found out there was no national dex.

If there is no national dex in the ultra games I will be really disappointed. A big part of pokemon is catching them all. Why would you leave out the national dex?? QQ
    While I really want it back in USUM, it really wasn't that big of a deal to leave it out. It's not like anyone expected to be able to catch them all in SM; we haven't had all pokemon available between a pair of games since RB. You still had access to the national dex numbers in Bank and you still had plenty of space for the entire national dex and all alternate forms (that are boxable) in the PC.

Most recent shiny: Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Hoennking View Post
    pretty damn bummed. the same crappy cutscenes are in USUM
    Well, that is horrible. That's just ugh, if it is true and they haven't trimmed or made these cutscenes skippable I may not even bother buying either...For the differences they made...I'm not going through that hour of nonsense...(I just watched a let's play...it takes more than an hour of game 'play' to get truly free of the game actively hijacking your progress to show you crap you don't care about...though in this game you're never truly free of it....). Look I don't mind stories, I don't mind there even being some cutscenes....but I don't need the game hijacking my progress for an hour as terms for admission into the game's world....and the worst part is...we know Game Freak can make Pokemon games that don't do this cussin' stuff so egregiously because they have in the past! I'm sorry but the cutscenes and the whole front-loaded unskippable style of the nonsense is a real deal breaker for me....and that's a shame as I really liked this gen's pokemon...and I liked a lot of the mechanics that they did....but I simply am not buying a game that is fundamentally unreplayable, and this is. I've been mulling over whether I want to start a new game of Sun...and quite honestly...one of the reasons I haven't is because I know I'll have to sit there for a half and hour (at least) to simply get to a point where I can catch pokemon....and am free to explore on my own!

It's ridiculous the amount of utter schlock one has to wade through to play a game that in the past that was quite keen to send ten year olds out into the deadly deadly world of magic monsters and gang members with little more than a three minute explanation of the game's point and the attitude of 'here's an index of pokemon...and here's a free pokemon....don't die...have fun'. Give me that attitude back Game Freak....not this 'and here's a scene where a girl runs around, and here's a scene where you watch a pokemon you won't get to interact with until post game cower on a rickety bridge...oh you think you're free no, here's a pointless scene where you stare awkwardly at a(n) owl/seal/cat and it then gets picked up...cute you think you're done...no there's more...still think you're done? No, now you have a chatty ghost in your index...oh and look this fat guy wants to waste ten minutes on something you likely won't use because it's horribly executed, are you free now? No! Of course not, you have to take lame pictures you never ever thought you'd want to take....and you were right in thinking that because it's a giant waste of time...but we're forcing you to do it....because we've got you by the short and curlies for another forty five seconds....and now...you are free...except you aren't because you'll never be free of the cutscenes...MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!' Just stop it Game Freak! STOP IT! Let me get murdered by monsters on the first route if I'm that damned incompetent...I want to run crazy into a world that I have to explore, and discover neat things in....not be held by the hand by half a dozen people and a program that actively says 'NO don't do that cool thing you should be doing...come over here and look at this dumpy forced narrative we're cramming you into silently and without choice!'
    Last edited by Thunderchild; 15th September 2017 at 2:57 AM.

I don't mind cut scenes if they are essential to the story such as Nebby opening up a portal to Ultra Space or Guzma talking about how Team Skull will cause trouble as long as tee are camera angles that make what he's saying interesting and sets the mood. A five minute cut scene about malasadas or Lillie scaring away a couple of bird Pokémon is pointless and uninteresting. And battling Tapu Koko after becoming Champion took an extremely long time and we don't even get to save before the battle or time to prepare our team! What if I had become Champion for the first time with a party of a Dark and Dragon type theme? I'm screwed if I want to catch Koko.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jigglypuff View Post
    I don't mind cut scenes if they are essential to the story such as Nebby opening up a portal to Ultra Space or Guzma talking about how Team Skull will cause trouble as long as tee are camera angles that make what he's saying interesting and sets the mood. A five minute cut scene about malasadas or Lillie scaring away a couple of bird Pokémon is pointless and uninteresting. And battling Tapu Koko after becoming Champion took an extremely long time and we don't even get to save before the battle or time to prepare our team! What if I had become Champion for the first time with a party of a Dark and Dragon type theme? I'm screwed if I want to catch Koko.
    The one caveat to that is at least Game Freak let you 're-encounter' Tapu Koko after you fight it the first time.

I have a problem with games that go out of their way to stop you... That force you to do things you have little interest in, and give you no alternatives other than do exactly what's scripted. And all games do that, to some extent, but this game seems to make sport of it. You want to go catch more pokemon...back on the upper part of route 1? 'NO screw you, Lillie's taking you to goddamned Kukui's place and you're going....and you can't go back to where you were until you do it!' I am actually super surprised that when she says 'well we have to go through the grass to get there' that the game doesn't physically stop you from jumping the hedge to take the short cut around the grass...maybe that's what makes USUM 'Ultra' Lillie's Ultra demanding that you go through the grass this time to slow you down from progressing EVEN MORE!

What I want

National Dex - Part of the fun about the post game is trying to complete the national dex, so why leave it out?

BANK SUPPORT FOR ITEMS - Oh my, I hate new games as new games mean I need to sit on the GTS trading with myself all of my items across. We literally just got all the mega stones, and I've just about re-obtained all the life orbs, focus sashes, choice items I need for my Pokemon to hold without the need to swapping. And now with USUM I need to do this all again! Come on GF let me bulk trade over my items (atleast the mega stones)

NEW MEGA's - GF you know everyone is still hype for Mega's, that are WAY more marketable than Z-moves and alola forms combined. Plus there's still so much that can be done with Mega's. MegaSlowking, Mega Johto starters, Mega Butterfree. Please don't abandon such a cool concept.

More integrated Mega's - So this time around i'd like to fight some mega's outside the battle tree, like in the E4. Also have all stones obtainable in game please. No more events.

More daily battles - After the league outside the E4 all we had to exp grind was the one guy at gamefreak, and the restaurant. Please add more rematchable trainers to the post game.

SOS battles only trigger with adrenaline orb - I ate SOS battles, especially how commonly they triggered. Your about to capture that pokemon you weakened and, pop SOS battle. Your super weak and trying to escape but can't, Pop SOS battle. Go away.

Better pokemon placements - Final route before the battle tree in SM, the route that had the highest level wild pokemon.... but its still full of raticate and pelipper! Seriously GF

Battle Institute - Bring t back! It was so good for testing teams before taking them online or into the Battle towers.
    Last edited by MechaBulba; 15th September 2017 at 12:42 PM.
    Team MechaBulba
    Pokemon Alpha Friend Code: 4270-1529-9156. Please feel free to add me for Battles and Trades.
    * 8th of November 2016, the day Gengar died *

Quote Originally Posted by McIntyre View Post
    Unskippable cut scenes. I love stories. I especially liked the S/M story. I did not like, when attempting to SR for a female Popplio, that three minute choosing cutscene. It was cute the first ten time. But when RNG hates me, I get sick of it.
    I know the struggle, i had the exact same RNG hate, looked like i was going for a shiny popplio instead. At least make the cut-scenes triggered when we talk to someone and not area based and for the love of god make the scene between you getting the starter and checking it short. That inicial unskippable cutscene from all the way form the ruins of conflict until you can see your starter's stats, if it's shiny and it's gender is the worst of all the games.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaBulba View Post
    What I want

National Dex - Part of the fun about the post game is trying to complete the national dex, so why leave it out?

BANK SUPPORT FOR ITEMS - Oh my, I hate new games as new games mean I need to sit on the GTS trading with myself all of my items across. We literally just got all the mega stones, and I've just about re-obtained all the life orbs, focus sashes, choice items I need for my Pokemon to hold without the need to swapping. And now with USUM I need to do this all again! Come on GF let me bulk trade over my items (atleast the mega stones)

NEW MEGA's - GF you know everyone is still hype for Mega's, that are WAY more marketable than Z-moves and alola forms combined. Plus there's still so much that can be done with Mega's. MegaSlowking, Mega Johto starters, Mega Butterfree. Please don't abandon such a cool concept.

More integrated Mega's - So this time around i'd like to fight some mega's outside the battle tree, like in the E4. Also have all stones obtainable in game please. No more events.

More daily battles - After the league outside the E4 all we had to exp grind was the one guy at gamefreak, and the restaurant. Please add more rematchable trainers to the post game.

SOS battles only trigger with adrenaline orb - I ate SOS battles, especially how commonly they triggered. Your about to capture that pokemon you weakened and, pop SOS battle. Your super weak and trying to escape but can't, Pop SOS battle. Go away.

Better pokemon placements - Final route before the battle tree in SM, the route that had the highest level wild pokemon.... but its still full of raticate and pelipper! Seriously GF

Battle Institute - Bring t back! It was so good for testing teams before taking them online or into the Battle towers.
    This is also basically what i would want. SOS battles are so ANNOYING when you don't want them. zubat tentacool and diglett call for help at full HP which is BS. The species distribution also needs some improvement, if not in variety, at least in percentages.

Version exclusive coloring was so stupid. I love having red and black in my clothes (magma grunt for life) but since i always pick both genders for both games with the main game being where i am (moon) i couldn't get a single red piece of clothing and had to settle for black. Yes there's dyes but i never even bothered with them because they are in the festival plaza. And i hate the festival plaza. My female character enjoys not only red but orange too, which i can mix with black and white. Please don't make version exclusive coloring.

The National dex to me is a given and bank support for items, is the 2nd of most wanted things i want but i think it will remain a dream, they'll never fix it. Here's what i had to do to start a nuzzlocke on my moon version (my main version, that i added my 1000+battle points to from the bank), after beating both sun and moon: fill 4 or 5 boxes of pokemon with held items that are unique like those i bought with the battle points, plus those good held items i got during the game like the life orb, like 8 shards i had from the exploration and a couple rare berries. Then i had the same number of pokemon on sun and had to manually trade each item one by one (good thing i have 2 3ds now). This took me 2 and a half hours! And yet, i think they won't ever change the item lock to game specific items sadly.

Now my nş 1 wish is bring back the battle frontier, which is my main wish since gen 5. The tree hollow/black skyscraper from BW2 were very good and you even get a shiny dragon type as a prize if you beat it. But the sheer variety of challenges, including my favorite, the battle factory, made the frontier hands down the best post game experience in any main pokemon game ever. They teased us in ORAS with the model but i really hope they didn't forget about it. They could even have online leaderboards for it. To me they could keep the tower, factory, dome and pyramid and they could add, for example, a reverse battle facility (which i wanted since XY introduced this awesome concept) for a 5 facility frontier or add 2 others for a 7 facility frontier.
    Last edited by magma grunt edu; Yesterday at 1:46 PM.
    wanna test your smash 3ds skills against this filthy casual? hit me up

favorites:-winter-t, furfrou, meowtic m, dragalge, aurorus, gourgheist, yveltal, hoopa unbound, megaY, mega megamegamega decidueye; vikavolt; lycanroc-midnight; oricorio-baile; golisopod; tsareena; silvally; pheromosa; xurkitree;

gen's top: yveltal;oricorio-baile;

I don't know why people don't seem to understand the reason why there was no national dex in SM was because they were saving it for USUM and the fact that we just got new pokemon mid generation, which has never happened before.

So I'm pretty sure they left out the national dex in SM on purpose so they can add more pokemon without it messing up the order number of the dex, so now in USUM you can have every dex entry and number in order for a proper national dex, especially if they are adding more pokemon.

Another thing to think about ever since gen 2 or 3 they've always had a national dex in first main series games of a new gen, which is one of the reasons why we never got completely new pokemon debuting mid generation instead of just new forms.

Complaining about the ND is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by 20LigerZero16 View Post
    I don't know why people don't seem to understand the reason why there was no national dex in SM was because they were saving it for USUM and the fact that we just got new pokemon mid generation, which has never happened before.

So I'm pretty sure they left out the national dex in SM on purpose so they can add more pokemon without it messing up the order number of the dex, so now in USUM you can have every dex entry and number in order for a proper national dex, especially if they are adding more pokemon.

Another thing to think about ever since gen 2 or 3 they've always had a national dex in first main series games of a new gen, which is one of the reasons why we never got completely new pokemon debuting mid generation instead of just new forms.

But we do have a National Dex in Gen 7 with all of the updated Pokedex numbers for Gen 7 Pokémon. It's in Pokémon Bank, so the arguement that "we didn't get one in SM because they didn't want to mess up numbers because they knew they would be adding more new Pokémon mid-generation" is kinda null and void.

Quote Originally Posted by 20LigerZero16 View Post

It is annoying when people think they will get the ND in USUM and set themselves up for disappointment.

For the last freaking time, the National Dex for Gen 7 was always intended to be tied to the Poke Bank, like it or not, and just because USUM has new Pokémon, doesn't mean we will have the ND in USUM. It is tied to the Bank, get over it already. And to be honest, that's miles better then having to trade 600+ Pokémon in just two versions to complete it in ONE of those games. And the most important part: It is totally FREE to register and view your new Pokémon to Poke Bank's ND, so why's the complaining? Just because you need to open a separate app to see Pokémon out of your games' regional dex? Bothersome to some of you, but it's totally fine, as the lack of ND in Alola so far makes the wild Pokémon encounters more realistic; You have a regional Dex and that kind of Dex implies that only the Pokémon it contains can be found in its region. Adding more just for the sake of ND may make someone think 'Huh? What are those Pokémon doing here?' Especially if there's no explanation whatsoever for the foreign Pokémon inclusion in the region.

Sorry for the little rant, but people really need to get over the idea of National Dex returning to USUM. Or ever. Now that it's tied to the Bank, placing it in the main games is just pointless.

Banner made by Satomine Night

I actually would like the National Dex in USUM. I really want to complete it for the first time and it would be a nice touch. I'm of the camp that it wasn't included in Sumo because of the new Pokémon getting added in USUM.

I didn't mind SOS battles, I'm all for any in game way of catching Pokémon with their hidden ability. It made for a challenging but not ridiculous way to HA hunt and made a LOT of Pokémons HA accessible.

Poke Pelego I want back for sure! I don't feel like such a crappy trainer now for all those Pokémon in the box XD. I have little doubt it will be in USUM, wish it was something that would stay with the series. I'd also like to see Isle Evelup level up Pokémon better too.

It's not that Bank is tedious for me, it's just that I had a lot of fun reading the SM Pokedex entries and wished every Pokemon had one since they were so interesting to me. I'd like the ND back, but it's not the end of the world if it isn't.
    Banner by me!

Nerdy McNerdface's Chibi Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by MetalSonic View Post
    Did they ever figure out who let the dogs out?
    Ongoing Stories:
    Bonds Between Children of Tragedy ~ Pokemon White Abridged ~ Encounters of an Elite Four Member
    One-Shots:
    Left Alone ~ A Simple Kalosian's Story
    Fanfic Profile:
    Serebii.net Fanfiction Profile

If the national dex returning would mean that obtaining the shiny charm would become impossible, then I don't want it back. I quite enjoyed only needing the Pokemon in the basic Alola dex to get the shiny charm, especially since I recently became a casual-level shiny hunter.
    This is Ayla, my proud heroine from Pokemon Sun.
    She's a lively Festival Plaza goer and the fashion queen
    of Alola. She's also a people person and loves helping
    out other Pokemon Sun and Moon players.

If you need Dex entries, help evolving your 'Mons, or perhaps even a specific
    Festival Plaza shop, feel free to PM me. Ayla and I likely will be able to help.

Eh, I don't mind ND returning or not. I barely even check it tbh but I understand why some people want it back though.

I think moving the National Dex to PokéBank was a wise move, it's a bit tedious to complete it in every game especially when the amount of Pokémon just keeps on growing. Each game with their own regional Dex + a National Dex in Bank (where you transfer Pokémon across different games and regions, it doesn't get more national than that) works fine and will work even better in future generations. I quite enjoy having all different dex descriptions in one place, for example.
    Morjens!
    3DS FC: 3110-4257-9678

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of Truth View Post
    It is annoying when people think they will get the ND in USUM and set themselves up for disappointment.

For the last freaking time, the National Dex for Gen 7 was always intended to be tied to the Poke Bank, like it or not, and just because USUM has new Pokémon, doesn't mean we will have the ND in USUM. It is tied to the Bank, get over it already. And to be honest, that's miles better then having to trade 600+ Pokémon in just two versions to complete it in ONE of those games. And the most important part: It is totally FREE to register and view your new Pokémon to Poke Bank's ND, so why's the complaining? Just because you need to open a separate app to see Pokémon out of your games' regional dex? Bothersome to some of you, but it's totally fine, as the lack of ND in Alola so far makes the wild Pokémon encounters more realistic; You have a regional Dex and that kind of Dex implies that only the Pokémon it contains can be found in its region. Adding more just for the sake of ND may make someone think 'Huh? What are those Pokémon doing here?' Especially if there's no explanation whatsoever for the foreign Pokémon inclusion in the region.

Sorry for the little rant, but people really need to get over the idea of National Dex returning to USUM. Or ever. Now that it's tied to the Bank, placing it in the main games is just pointless.
    If the national dex is tied to the pokebank then why did XY and ORAS have a national dex even though they were also linked to the pokebank.
    You don't need to get angry just because I said that the complaining was getting a little bit annoying, and don't tell me to get over it.

I hope they bring back the national dex in USUM because I would like to see some of my pokemon with their new dex numbers and other things etc, without having to open up the pokebank menu to look at it, when it could be in the actual game.

Another thing, it wouldn't be proper for the last games in generation 7 and possibly the 3ds to go out there and not have a ND.
    Last edited by 20LigerZero16; Today at 3:37 AM.

It is also annoying when people pretend they can see the future and know what GF will or won't do. lol

The National Dex has never implied that foreign Pokémon are suddenly native to a new region. Where did you get that idea?
    I know that several games had features that let you encounter "foreign" Pokémon post game, but never has the National Dex meant that ALL known Pokemon suddenly live in that region.
    If you live in South Africa and buy a book about "The birds of Africa", you can also read about birds who might only be found in Egypt. lol

Completing the National Dex has NEVER been impossible. With the updated GTS, it is now easier than ever. If they bring back the National Dex and tie the Shiny Charm (or some other totally optional reward that gives you no gameplay advantage) to it, then people just need to "get over it"

Without the National Dex, the game is incomplete.
    Bank is NOT part of the versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayh View Post
    It is also annoying when people pretend they can see the future and know what GF will or won't do. lol

The National Dex has never implied that foreign Pokémon are suddenly native to a new region. Where did you get that idea?
    I know that several games had features that let you encounter "foreign" Pokémon post game, but never has the National Dex meant that ALL known Pokemon suddenly live in that region.
    If you live in South Africa and buy a book about "The birds of Africa", you can also read about birds who might only be found in Egypt. lol

Completing the National Dex has NEVER been impossible. With the updated GTS, it is now easier than ever. If they bring back the National Dex and tie the Shiny Charm (or some other totally optional reward that gives you no gameplay advantage) to it, then people just need to "get over it"

Without the National Dex, the game is incomplete.
    Bank is NOT part of the versions.
    I feel the same way.

You do realize that you have to pay for bank each year right? And people who can't afford that charge or don't need Pokebank for storage are basically out of luck? It's stupid that it's locked to a service you have to pay extra for when it should be in the thing I paid 40$ for.

OT: Vlinny (M), Voltaire (S), FC: 2552-3278-3638

I do agree that the national Dex does seem like a pretty central feature to include. It's part do the game...super tedious to complete, yes, but something a lot of have fans have loved. There isn't really a way to complete the pokedex in gen 7 without the bank anyway, so it's less messed by me personally, and if they were trying to hide new Pokémon it makes sense to me. This game I would really like it though, especially because the next games usually are designed to help players complete the pokedex. That's what ORAS did.

Lillie tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Espeonite View Post
    Lillie tbh.
    As in you want her to return or you want her gone? You'll either be happy or disappointed depending on which you mean, seeing as she isn't going anywhere (and at first glance seems no less important than she was the first time).

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213