Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gym Rework

Quote Originally Posted by Playful Latios View Post
    They did a massive fail with gyms by not giving you the priority when you beat a gym with the new update. I got sniped twice before I could put in in addition to dealing with server issues.
    The person that wins does get priority. The major failure was not allowing people on the same team to add pokemon when the gym is "under attack".

My friend and I took a red gym down together. His battle happened to be the one that kicked the last pokemon out. I wasn't able to add a pokemon because he had priority. He added his Gyarados, making the gym blue, but I was still unable to add any pokemon after because someone in their car immediately attacked the gym, and I kept getting a message that I couldn't add a pokemon because the gym was "under attack". This cool down period before teammates can add a pokemon is a stupid idea.
    Last edited by Team Volt Grunt; 26th June 2017 at 4:54 PM.

Most recent shiny: Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Bguy7 View Post
    You mentioned that they could endlessly feed berries, but that's actually not the case. Not only does the effect of berries decrease every time you feed a Pokémon, but once you reach a certain amount, you actually can't feed them anymore at all. This limit was probably put in place specifically to combat people with bot accounts set up to do that.
    It's been said that it is something like 10 berries per account per hour. So if a spoofer has 30 accounts on the said team, they can just switch accounts and continue feeding while you take 15 minutes to defeat the gym each time. A few people have experienced this already. There apparently isn't a point where an attacker can take down the gym while they're getting stuffed full of Nanabs.

Since my last post was more on the negative side, allow me to balance it with some more positive comments on the gym rework. Aside from the new coin system, which is terrible, I love pretty much everything about this gym rework. My favorite part is the death of prestiging. No more do I have to work on training up a gym little by little for 30-45 minutes to get a spot, or even worse, have it stolen from me. And limiting gyms to one-per-species and six Pokémon is a marvelous change for people playing alone, not to mention the extreme increase in variety. Today I saw so many Pokémon in gyms that I have never seen before. I even got to put my Charizard in a gym for the first time in months. And the gym badge system is just awesome on so many levels. I love being able to keep a list of all the gyms I've visited, and it also tracks all your stats for each gym, which is so cool. If it weren't for the coins, this update would be as near perfect as I could hope for, at least as far as I can foresee.
    While the diversity is nice, I do just wish it didn't take 5 battles to take out a 70cp Pidgey when they're fresh. It should be balanced by how fast you beat them or something. Apart from that all of the low turnover gyms are full of my team here and the only ones I can get into are high turnover gyms which won't last an hour so no coins for me anymore I guess.

I think they removed the level 35 requirement for raids. I just got a Raid Pass and my nearby list no longer says anything about my level, just that there aren't any raids nearby.

Most recent shiny: Current Hunts:

After figuring out how these gyms actually work, i actually really like them. I love how you get the coins once your pokemon gets knocked out of the gym instead of the once a day thing they had before. Being team Instinct, if i found another gym i could put a pokemon in after i had already gotten my coins, i usually wouldn't because i knew the gym wouldn't last more then a few hours and it would just make me use another revive. But this is great so i can slowly drop pokemon everywhere. I do think they should make it a little easier to knock out pokemon from gyms. And i think that they should give out a little more coins then they do know, but other than those two complaints, i really like it.
    my friend code for Y is 2251-6253-1385, message me if you add my friend code so i can accept it

currently looking for shiny please PM me if you have one and want to trade it, just tell me what you want for it

Quote Originally Posted by HylianGlaceon View Post
    It's been said that it is something like 10 berries per account per hour. So if a spoofer has 30 accounts on the said team, they can just switch accounts and continue feeding while you take 15 minutes to defeat the gym each time. A few people have experienced this already. There apparently isn't a point where an attacker can take down the gym while they're getting stuffed full of Nanabs.

While the diversity is nice, I do just wish it didn't take 5 battles to take out a 70cp Pidgey when they're fresh. It should be balanced by how fast you beat them or something. Apart from that all of the low turnover gyms are full of my team here and the only ones I can get into are high turnover gyms which won't last an hour so no coins for me anymore I guess.
    On the plus side, you get a short break after every battle, so it's much easier to take Pokemon out one at a time with no repercussions.

Hmm... I suppose that is possible. It requires a whole ton of accounts, but it is possible. In all honesty, I don;t know if a botter with 30 accounts is normal or not.

While the diversity is nice, I do just wish it didn't take 5 battles to take out a 70cp Pidgey when they're fresh. It should be balanced by how fast you beat them or something.
    At the same time, if it weren't for the new system, no one in their right mind would be putting a 70 CP Pidgey in the gym in the first place, so you'd not only have to battle it the same amount, but each battle would be harder.

Apart from that all of the low turnover gyms are full of my team here and the only ones I can get into are high turnover gyms which won't last an hour so no coins for me anymore I guess.
    Yeah, that is a big problem.

EDIT: So this is pretty cool. I just read that they changed the coin system again. You now earn one coin every 10 minutes, instead of every hour. This makes earning coins both easier in general, and especially easier for people with high gym turnover rates. The trade-off is that the maximum coins you can claim per day is now 50 instead of 100. This is really cool.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 23rd June 2017 at 8:28 PM.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Hmm... I suppose that is possible. It requires a whole ton of accounts, but it is possible. In all honesty, I don;t know if a botter with 30 accounts is normal or not

EDIT: So this is pretty cool. I just read that they changed the coin system again. You now earn one coin every 10 minutes, instead of every hour. This makes earning coins both easier in general, and especially easier for people with high gym turnover rates. The trade-off is that the maximum coins you can claim per day is now 50 instead of 100. This is really cool.
    It shouldn't be normal, and even if it was normal, that's still against the Terms of Service. They specified one account per person.

Just read the coin change. So instead of 4 days and 4 hours for full 100, to get the max 50 at a rate of 1 per 10 minutes, you only need 8 hours and 20 minutes. But still useless for those in high turnover areas, like Japan, Hong Kong, and San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by Vipsoccermaster View Post
    It shouldn't be normal, and even if it was normal, that's still against the Terms of Service. They specified one account per person.
    I meant normal for a cheater. Trust me, I have enough experience with multi-accounters/botters to know how much they're cheating, I just don't know how many accounts they normally have.

Just read the coin change. So instead of 4 days and 4 hours for full 100, to get the max 50 at a rate of 1 per 10 minutes, you only need 8 hours and 20 minutes. But still useless for those in high turnover areas, like Japan, Hong Kong, and San Francisco.
    At least there's a chance now. When I'm at college, I would call my area pretty high turnover, but I can manage to keep stuff in a gym for half an hour, so I'll at least get three coins from it, where yesterday I'd get none.

Also, raids are now open to trainers level 28 and above.

Join Ash and Pikachu as they travel to the Tenno Region, a region known for its advanced space program. Along their way towards the Tenno League and becoming a Pokémon Master they'll encounter new Pokémon, new enemies, such as the evil Team Planetary, and, of course, a certain trio of Team Rocket members, along with friends new and old. It's an out-of-this-world adventure!
    Check it out!

For news, episode reviews, info on my games, Luna, Terra, and Sol Versions, the basis of Cosmic Quest, Special Episodes, features like a Tenno Region Pokédex listing my custom Pokémon with pictures, and more visit the Pokémon Cosmic Quest Official Website.

Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised by the change happening so quickly. Credit where it is due I suppose! 10 minutes is far more reasonable.

A parody of the Pokemon Colosseum game, full of pastries and Miror B.
    Completed. Four times winner of Best Comedy/Funniest Fic.

Avatar: minty-fivestar on DA, edited background/cropping. Fic banner: cieux.

Pokémon news, opinions, creative works and more. Now live!

NEW! Pokkén Tournament DX ReviewThe Numbers Game: Shiny and Perfect Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
    Yeah, I'm pleasantly surprised by the change happening so quickly. Credit where it is due I suppose! 10 minutes is far more reasonable.
    Much better, yes, however, in order to get the coins your defending Pokémon collected, it needs to be kicked out of the gym. Wasted potential for any defending Pokémon that stays more than 8 hours and 20 minutes.

Much better, yes, however, in order to get the coins your defending Pokémon collected, it needs to be kicked out of the gym. Wasted potential for any defending Pokémon that stays more than 8 hours and 20 minutes.
    But at the same time, a single Pokémon can earn 50 coins in 8 hours 20 minutes, while before the update it could only earn 10 every 21 hours. This system has far more potential, even with the waste factor. For the real waste to occur, your Pokémon would have to be in a gym for 105 hours, anything less, and your making more than you would have pre-update.

Check it out!

But at the same time, a single Pokémon can earn 50 coins in 8 hours 20 minutes, while before the update it could only earn 10 every 21 hours. This system has far more potential, even with the waste factor. For the real waste to occur, your Pokémon would have to be in a gym for 105 hours, anything less, and your making more than you would have pre-update.
    That's definitely true.

I just had my defending Pokémon returned to me about two hours ago (as of this post) and it defended the gym for 8 hours and 26 minutes. Was spot-on at the time I defended and at the time it returned to me to give the full daily cap of 50 coins for the day. I would consider myself very lucky for the first time with the new gym update.

I just had my defending Pokémon returned to me about two hours ago (as of this post) and it defended the gym for 8 hours and 26 minutes. Was spot-on at the time I defended and at the time it returned to me to give the full daily cap of 50 coins for the day. I would consider myself very lucky for the first time with the new gym update.
    That's cool. I just got pretty lucky myself as well. Earlier today I had a Pokémon return to me with 50 coins, and then, only four minutes after midnight, I just had another return to me with 50 coins, so I only just barely managed to get those. By the way, if people didn't know, that means the 50 coin limit resets at midnight, not 24 (or 21) hours after the last collection.

EDIT: Maybe I wasn't so lucky after all. A half-an-hour later I got kicked out of another gym, and didn't get any coins from that at all. I can't be upset, as I'm still earning more coins than I would have before, but I do admit this system can at least feel like a bummer at times. Though, what I want to know is who is going around taking gyms after 12 AM? That's just absurd. I hope it's not spoofers.
    Last edited by Bguy7; 24th June 2017 at 9:27 AM.

Check it out!

I really need to watch some analysis videos, because I don't have a clue what's what and why.. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Team Volt Grunt View Post
    The person that wins does get priority. The major failure was not allowing people on the same team to add pokemon when the gym is being attacked.

My friend and I took a red gym down together. His battle happened to be the one that kicked the last pokemon out. I wasn't able to add a pokemon because he had priority. He added his Gyarados, making the gym blue, but I was still unable to add any pokemon after because someone in their car immediately attacked the gym, and I kept getting a message that I couldn't add a pokemon because the gym was under attack.
    This... I tried to join a gym where there was just a single Gyarados, but I couldn't. It just feels like you're having to watch a "friend" die, while you can't help. Before the update, you could at least "fight against the stream".

Makes you wonder why spoofers play this game. That just can't be fun.

Same problem here, the same crowd all of the time. Though I just learned that a certain "spoofer" with two accounts is actually an elderly couple on their bikes today.. xD

That would explain why I got 50 coins though I couldn't make head or tails from it. I had a Dragonite in a gym for about 10 hours and an Espeon for about 9 (19 in total between them, so I don't know the specifics), but I got 50 coins.

As for what I would rather want, I don't know. I'm usually not into taking down gyms, because I don't have a squad with me - I play solo. So I usually take down gyms level 2 to 5. The most gyms I've ever held on a day was 8. The most I usually had was 1 or 2, but those could last for quite some time. So it probably is better for me? 1h40m = 21hours pre-rework. But if it doesn't stick for more than 1h40, then I'm losing coins as opposed to pre-rework.

Immediate update:

My Dragonite just got kicked out of a gym. I received 2 meager coins.. Which honestly is quite disappointing. My Rhydon is still in the neighboring gym (56m now), but I doubt that will last long, when the one right next to it got taken down as well.

So a good possibility that I'll only be able to get a few more coins today and then I'll have to search out/battle a gym again. While pre-rework I'd have 20coins guaranteed. Rhydon needs to stay in the gym for at least 2 more hours before I break even.
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Huh, I was able to add pokemon to two separate yellow gyms at my college right after they were taken over. There was 1 pokemon each there and now they're still there. It's been like 16 hours or something so hopefully I can finally get some coins from a gym. The most I've ever gotten is 10 coins lol.
    Proud claimer of Cyndaquil and Ezio Auditore from Assassin's Creed !!
    Also proud claimer of Assassin's Creed 2 the game!!
    Just became the proud claimer of the Marvel's Agent's of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show ^_^!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    I really need to watch some analysis videos, because I don't have a clue what's what and why.. xD
    If you look up the Silph Road, it's full of discussions and break downs on the new system. That's what I've been reading to figure this all out.

This... I tried to join a gym where there was just a single Gyarados, but I couldn't. It just feels like you're having to watch a "friend" die, while you can't help. Before the update, you could at least "fight against the stream".
    For the record, that's just a glitch. Niantic has said on their Twitter that they are working on a fix.

My Dragonite just got kicked out of a gym. I received 2 meager coins.. Which honestly is quite disappointing. My Rhydon is still in the neighboring gym (56m now), but I doubt that will last long, when the one right next to it got taken down as well.

So a good possibility that I'll only be able to get a few more coins today and then I'll have to search out/battle a gym again. While pre-rework I'd have 20coins guaranteed. Rhydon needs to stay in the gym for at least 2 more hours before I break even.
    One of the cool things about the new update is that there is no longer the gambling element of gyms. Before, once you claimed a gym or two, you would have to decide whether or not it was worth going to claim another, as you might lose the ones you already had, if not both of them and get less coins in the end. This new system means you can keep on claiming gyms all day, and have the rewards keep on staking. Even if one Pokémon doesn't get you much, if you have the time and ability, you can just go and claim the gym again to get even more coins.

Check it out!

So one of my pokemon got kicked from a gym today. Weird thing though is that i didn't get any coins after it had stayed there for 13 hours. I guess you have to keep going to the gym to increase the Time Defended time instead of just worrying about its Time Defending time. Really sucks though, i dont really have time to keep going to gyms all day just to keep up with my pokemon
    my friend code for Y is 2251-6253-1385, message me if you add my friend code so i can accept it

currently looking for shiny please PM me if you have one and want to trade it, just tell me what you want for it

Quote Originally Posted by blastoise92 View Post
    So one of my pokemon got kicked from a gym today. Weird thing though is that i didn't get any coins after it had stayed there for 13 hours. I guess you have to keep going to the gym to increase the Time Defended time instead of just worrying about its Time Defending time. Really sucks though, i dont really have time to keep going to gyms all day just to keep up with my pokemon
    You can only get 50 coins max per day. You might have already gotten your daily max for the day before another was kicked out.

You can only get 50 coins max per day. You might have already gotten your daily max for the day before another was kicked out.

Thats exactly what happened, thanks man

So today was actually the first day I wasn't able to collect my 50 coins since they changed the system to be 10 minutes per coin. Bit of a bummer. I don't mind getting more than one Pokémon sent back in one day, but not getting any does suck a bit, admittedly.

Check it out!

So far my Omastar is up to 2 days and 22 hours in one gym. Really wish there would be a special reward for keeping a gym over 24 hours.
    2015-2017: VGC Premier Challenge Organizer / Midseason Showdown Organizer
    Super Mario Maker Profile: https://supermariomakerbookmark.nint...ile/KINGARCEUS
    Showdown: Playful Latios
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/dragonexpert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12