View Poll Results: Did you like the Poké Pelago?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 92.86%
  • No

2 3.57%
  • I've never used it or didn't fully level it up.

2 3.57%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did you like the Poké Pelago?

I really like it, and it's quite useful, as well. I hope they keep it in the future games.
    Claimed:
    Pokemon Omega Ruby team:
    Pokemon Moon team:

It has potential, much like Festival Plaza. I like certain things about it, like the infinite pokebean supply, the egg hatching help, and the scavenging for items. The latter really helped me out with getting the evolutionary stones I needed to complete my Dex. That extra Ice stone took me TWO damn months to appear though, and I was doing the stone option too!
    I hope Ultra expands on this more and adds more stuff you can do.

Love. love, love it! Three main reasons: stones are easy enough to come by as I work to evolve pokemon for my living pokedex, plenty of beans to feed and easily max out affection of all the hoards of pretty pokemon I transferred over from a running of 4 previous generations of games, and having an easy 10 hour wait to max out happiness and evolve those otherwise annoying to deal with pokemon that evolve in that particular way. I'd love it enough just for the maxed out happiness as I have always LOATHED how long and frustrating an issue that was, especially trying to get it done at as low a level as possible.
    Needing Friend Codes for Friend Safaris! Please PM if you would like to add me!

FC: 4613-7740-0982

My Safari:

I hope next time they make the Pokemon you get from it contain hidden abilities or breeding moves so they don't feel redundant.

Quote Originally Posted by xenlock View Post
    I hope next time they make the Pokemon you get from it contain hidden abilities or breeding moves so they don't feel redundant.
    I love this idea. give them all a chance to have hidden abilities, egg moves, and/or perfect IVs so they are actually useful.

Most recent shiny: Current Hunts:

It's too passive for my liking. I liked it for a little while, but at some point I just found that it takes me out of the process of building my team and farming items. In retrospect I found features like Underground, Berry Fields, and even Super Training more rewarding to have around.
    Last edited by Emperor Empoleon; 24th July 2017 at 9:45 PM.
    The Champ ~

I loved it because I could train up my level 1s without involving them in SOS chains or using EXP share, its much faster.

Poke Pelago is definitely one of my favorite features from SM. It was nice to see that the Pokemon in my PC got to do something instead of just spending eternity in the PC. Plus, I thought it was definitely quite useful while playing through the games and I found that I always checking it everyday. I loved Poke Pelago.

Thing's always change from game to game, and gen to gen. Features that were great get replaced and you just have to get used to the new system. BUT, the Poke Pelago or some variation is something I really wish would stay. Gives me a reason to open my game each day, harvest my berries, collect my beans, collect more shards and done. I have 100 of each berry, which is amazing for say, using them to raise your Pokemon's happiness or changing it's EVs. I hated going to a certain spot to plant berries because I'd always forget.

I enjoy it. the friendship fountain one, great for egg hatching, isle evelup is great way to EV train several pokemon at once, rather than doing SOS battles with one at a time, the main flaw with super training was that you had to do one at a time as well, and they had to be in the party, so this is a great improvement. I love the berry field one too. The other 2 are useful, although I do wish the mining isle (aphun?) would go faster, even dumping 50 beans into it seems to take forever.

The only downside is that the wild pokemon who show up don't always stay around. Looking at you Kadabra, showing up to eat my beans and then leave. Ignoring how you even got here, since teleport only goes to pokemon centers and cave/building entrances and I doubt you can swim...

I use Poke Pelago's features a lot, especially for Abeens and Aplenny for receiving Pokebeans and EV-decreasing berries. I also enjoy using Aphun and Evelup to boost my teams' EV stats.

I don't like Poke Pelago, I love it. I always find myself checking it daily to harvest some Leppa Berries for shiny hunting. Plus, I also use Isle Evelup daily to level up some Pokemon I want to evolve when I am trying to complete the PokeDex.

Poke Pelago is definitely a great addition to the franchise and I hope they keep it in future games.

Tumblr | Matt's Secret Base | Author's Profile
    3DS Friend Code: 4871-6086-4217

I use it mainly to get Evolution Stones and high selling items and to hatch several Eggs at a time. I like it for these purposes.
    "Hey! Don't pawn your trash on me!" Watchy Watchog

I just discovered something new about the Isla Beans. You can just slide the stylus over the island, and it will pick up all the beans w/o accidently tapping on any of the pokemans. I'm sure all you guys already knew that, though.
    F - is the Fire that rains from the skies
    U - for Uranium, Bomb!
    N - is for No Survivors...

3DS friend code 2552 2930 8097
    Secret Base profile: http://mini-info.net/galleries/misc/...SecretBase.png
    WTT for: Monsoon & River Vivillon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Eeviil View Post
    I just discovered something new about the Isla Beans. You can just slide the stylus over the island, and it will pick up all the beans w/o accidently tapping on any of the pokemans. I'm sure all you guys already knew that, though.
    It did take me a while to figure this out. Would be nice if Mohn had told us that while he explained the island haha.

Most recent shiny: Current Hunts:

It's very convenient. Berries can be farmed early on from Aplenny, and the variety just keeps growing the further the player gets into the game. Avue was great for training multiple friendship mons, as well as hatching eggs while the player's away. I do agree that there should've been more of an incentive to recruit Pelago Pokémon - GameFreak missed out on an opportunity to include HAs outside horde battles. They could've also smoothed out the recruitment, because it's practically impossible to increase the chances of a guest staying afaik.
    MyAnimeList | LLSIF
    < - (Banner's mine)

I love using the poke plego it helps me find and collect pokemon that dont could only be found in other pokemon regions

I found it a great way to get berries, beans and rocks for evolution. I use it everyday!

It's mostly decent. The big sellers for me are the Aphun and Evelup. The former helps me stock shards and the later helps buffing my pokémon while I'm not playing (which saves time). My only criticisms is that the PokéBeans could speed up the time spent a lot more. Also for the Evelup, I'd like that not just they make the whole time spent shorter but also increase the amount of levels you can raise

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Phoenix View Post
    Also for the Evelup, I'd like that not just they make the whole time spent shorter but also increase the amount of levels you can raise
    More convienent then the old school NPC's that raise them for you, being able to passively level up your Pokemon is truly a Godsend from Arceus himself.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 2939-0726-3910| IGN: Odie

Default Poke Pelago Rocked!

Poke Pelago was just one of the best additions in pokemon. Gosh, I really didnt put time in it from the start but after that, I maxed it out for fun and find use in the islands. Please note I forgot all of the island names. rip meXD

Island 1:The been growing place

This is the first island you get. At level one you get a few poke beans. After you max it out, you get a bunch of poke beans per day, I have over 100 pokebeans right now and over 50 rainbow beans. These are good to help raise the affection of your pokemon, to not get one shotted in the game. Thank god it isnt in online battles, it would have been so overpowered.

Island 2:The bean growing factory thingXD

This place is so useful and convenient for berry planting. After max level you can grow over 100 berries in a few days or in a day. 12 berries grow from one, times 12 is 144. 144 times 3 is 432. Or so I believe. Around that. I love not having to fly over the region to get 999 berries. I have so right now!

Island 3:Treasure mine

I really didn't care for this one, I just needed to get all the evolutionary stones, after that I really only used because I was using everything except this. You can also get bottle caps(possibly golden?)

Island 4: Pokemon gym

I love this place. I can EV train so easily. I literally did noting and left them thereXD. It's like a daycare of EVs and EXP!

Island 5: Friendship place

I play competitively, so I breed a lot. I put breedject eggs in here for days and come back when they're ready to hatch. Then I WT or release them. If they're good enough, give 'em away.

THE BEST PART! is the exploit. For this you have to be before the 1.2 patch. Take it out by going to settings then Data Management on your 3DS. You delete the Pokemon Sun/Moon data(around 200 blocks) and then change date to 1/31/2017 and time to 23:59. Make sure that before this, you have done everything in Poke Pelago. Go to your Gen 7 game and Poke Pelago, everything will be done. Training pokemon in the evelup(?) island will be done. Treasure searching, done. Berry planting, done! It's a very useful exploit for people who want to train legit good pokemon.

In Coclusion, Poke Pelago is spectacular
    God would never put us through all this suffering if he didn't think we could bear it. -Yuuki Konno

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12