Thread: Returning to competitive (OU)

Default Returning to competitive (OU)

Hello, I havent played competitive mons since before volcanions release, and want to come back but i dont understand the meta, I made this team in an effort to start over. I'm not using any z-moves cause i have no idea how to properly use them.

Tapu Bulu@Leftovers
    Grassy Surge
    252HP/200Def/56Spe
    Impish
    Leech Seed
    Natures Madness
    Horn Leech
    Roar

Im using Tapu Bulu cause stats wise he feels like Chesnaught( my favorite Pokemon), im running a defensive stall breaker set, the speed evs let him outspeed normal wall mons that dont run speed evs, Natures madness also helps thinning the enemy front line, while horn leech is a primary stab and with grassy surge and leftovers keeps Bulu in top form, and roar as a phazing option against set up sweepers. Leech Seed helps give recovery to my other mons while weakening my opponent

Volcarona@Lum Berry
    Swarm
    Modest
    252SpA/252Spe/4HP
    Quiver Dance
    |Bug Buzz
    Flamethrower
    Giga Drain

I heard Volcarona is again a top threat, so i'm using her basic set, quiver dance to set up for late game, im using flamethrower for the extra accuracy, bug buzz as a bug type stab and giga drain instead of roost for the coverage against ground and rock types

Tapu Fini@Leftovers
    Misty Terrain
    Timid
    248HP/8Def/252Spe
    Taunt
    Defog
    Ice Beam
    MoonBlast

Tapu Fini creates a good core with magearna and bulu, while providing defog support for volcarona and a way to prevent status with misty terrain, Taunt lets her shut down mons reliant on status and hazards or set up sweepers, ice beam is here to hit on landorus-t and dragons while moonblast as a stab move

Landorus-T@Flynium Z
    Intimidate
    Jolly
    252Atk/252Spe/4HP
    Fly
    Earthquake
    U turn
    Knock Off

Landorus is used to deal with bulky grass types like tangrowth or other bulus, while providing heavy dmg with earthquake and utility with knock off and a voltturn core with magearna

Tyranitar@Tyranitarite
    Sand Stream
    Adamant
    252HP/252Atk/4SpD
    Stealth Rock
    Crunch
    Rock Slide
    Thunder Punch

Im running M-Tyranitar simply as a powerhouse of hitting and providing SR, crunch is main stab move and rock slide was chosen for the better accuracy than stone edge, Thunder Punch is used to get some coverage against celeestela or toxapex

Magearna@Assault Vest
    Soul Heart
    Calm
    200HP/56SpA/252SpD

Volt Switch
    Flash Cannon
    Fleur Cannon
    Hidden Power Fire

Magearna works as a pivot that can take special moves while hitting on her own. Volt Switch creates a Voltturn core with mandi, cannon arms as main form of stab and hidden power as coverage.

Well im also kinda rusty form teambuilding but i hope to get better at it again

Edit: after some practice matches i realized i need a priority move and something to deal with nihilego but no idea on what
    Edit2: As i make changes they will be in bold
    Last edited by Rapidgator; 11th July 2017 at 2:14 PM.

I suggest run a Charti Berry on Volcarona cause most teams tend to run a scarfer faster than Volcarona with a rock move especially for it. Also I would move Stealth Rocks from Ttar to Lando over Knock Off or U-Turn and make Mega Tyranitar a Dragon Dance set with Fire Punch/Ice Punch/rock STAB. Also many Landorus-T tend to run Smack Down so they can beat Celesteela that want to come in Supersonic Skystrike. Dunno how I feel about the Bulu set since SD bulu already 6-os stall :/