Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Judgement Brawl! (406)

It's a good thing you said "Trainer" and not "Battler", or I would have hammered you with a gigantic list of Coordinators.
    Such as? Besides Robert and Juan, every coordinator that ever appeared has been a complete weakling. They lost to May's baby ubers......thats just bad ^__^.

Eh, I thought it was an OK episode. The conclusion of Ash vs. Kaede was really I thought it had going for it. I don't care for Morrison that much, and the way he wouldn't battle at the end kind of annoyed me.

Average, not great...."Shocks and Bonds!" was better, and I only saw half of it. :P

(Banner by Matori)
    Beyond all ideals, the truth shall set you free...
    Most Recent: 18: Winter of Discontent
    Next: The Weight of the World (Part 1)

The steps on the road to the truth.
    The Firestorm Rebellion
    The Victory Star of Fate

Glacidia Network - The Home for Fanworks
    Best Wishes appreciation blog

Battles is all the leagues are about, and this is about as good as you'll get with the Pokemon choices they were using.

I am impressed with the way Team Rocket are handled in this league. They're kept out of the picture and given as little screentime as possible, and what screentime they do get is humourous because of their boss.

Hopefully in the next Grand Festival and league they do something like this again with them.

Notice Tyson takes out a Rhydon with Meowth during the glimpse of his battle,
    well

Spoiler:

Anyway, awesome episodes. Clark and Katie ruled, but poor Torkoal. Shafted again!

I am impressed with the way Team Rocket are handled in this league. They're kept out of the picture and given as little screentime as possible, and what screentime they do get is humourous because of their boss.
    It was better in Johto league though. TR still had screentime here while in Johto they sold stuff for half a minute in the episode.

But the only real comic relief came when Delibrid swooped in for about 3 seconds and pilfered their earnings. One or two bits of comic relief per episode helps balance things out (especially since TR is generally unreliable for a competent battle).
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Great episode. The Corphish battle was hilarious, and Team Rocket selling food and getting yeled at by their big nosed boss is too funny. Morrison, on the other hand, I can do without. He doesnt please me that well. Tyson makes a far better character. Just give Morrison's Metang to Tyson, through Morrison in the writer's forgetfullness room, and go on with the show.

^Mine^

Tyson doesn't need a Metang. He already has a Metagross.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This was a good episode. I have been looking forward to Ash's battle with Katie ever since it aired in Japan. Katie's voice was pretty good compared to lets say Jump's.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

This is easily the best Hoenn tournament episode.

Swellow owns, as does Grovyle.

Anyway, awesome episodes. Clark and Katie ruled, but poor Torkoal. Shafted again!
    [spoilers]And again in the next two episodes. (beating Shiftry doesn't mean ****)[/spoilers]
    MY BELIEFS
    - Globalization is a force for good. Saying that it is cultural imperialism is pure exaggeration. And yes, globalization does help poor and developing countries.
    - The Japanese prime minister should stop visiting the Yasukuni Shrine NOW.
    - Multinational corporations are heavily underrated. They truly deserve more love.
    - There is no god.

Did I just see Team rocket WORKING? Ver nice episode. I just am afraid what would happen to team rocket if they went to that buffet...because they eat so much!

NOOOO 1 Week to next episode!

Quote Originally Posted by grovile
    NOOOO 1 Week to next episode!
    Wow that was a SPAMtacular post.

What else can i say bout this ep? It rocked, cept for poor Torkoal and Girafarig. I like saying Girafarig, such a neat name. Swellow totally rocked. Why doesnt Ash use Wing Attack anymore? All Peck, Aerial Ace and Double Team. Wing Attack's got to be better than Peck. Grovyle rocked too. Corphish is such a cool pokemon. Im really liking it. Its battle in the previous ep was just great. Ash has some cool pokemon, besides a certain electric Pika.

Fan of #336 Seviper the Fang Snake Pokemon
    Seviper's sword-like tail slashes enemies and douses them with a horrible poison.
    Seviper shares a life-long, bitter rivalry with Zangoose.
    Evo Line: Seviper
    Fave moveset: Poison Tail, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower

Banner by me ~RT

Quote Originally Posted by RaikousThunder
    All Peck, Aerial Ace and Double Team. Wing Attack's got to be better than Peck.
    He intentionally used Peck because he anticipated the Disable.

I <3 that song before the Trainer's Choice xD.The fact that they had Girafarig as the scapegoat i didnt like.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed
    So let's discuss dub Kaede, what did you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    The only problem I have, though.....Her name. Katie is more of a little girl's name. Kate seems more womanly, really, and it would've suited her better. Katie's fine and all, but I would've preferred Kate a bit more.

I would have prefered Karen or Katrina, a more mature name.
    [IMG]http://i7.*******.com/24xntw7.jpg[/IMG]
    It's Jesse Baby

This has got to be one of the best battles ever. My only disappointment was how easily Torkoal was knocked out. Mimicking Quick Attack was brilliant IMO.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I think that Katie was a good pick for Kaede, although Kate would have been good to
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Is there really much of a difference between Katie and Kate?

Katie makes her sound cuter for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Commander Blizzard*~
    The only problem I have, though.....Her name. Katie is more of a little girl's name. Kate seems more womanly, really, and it would've suited her better.
    My boss' wife goes by Katie, and she's in her late 50s/early 60s.

It doesn't matter. We won't be seeing her again anyway >_>.

Interesting battle.

I wish Corphish could have evolved in this battle. Seeing it FINALLY as a Crawdaunt, with perhaps the same personality except rougher, would've been cool...     Spoiler:

Whoa, machinegun Peck attack. XD

I'd expect Ash to be the one all frustrated and depressed about battling Morrison, not the other way around. But I guess Ash has matured through those stages already...

7/10.

Good episode. Katie was a good character imo. She was very mature-like and again, sportmaship she showed was nice. Her team is pretty well, too. Also, her voice is dubbed. too bad she's gonna be dumped , lol.

Good battles though, Girafirig is one my fav. pokemon. It is very...interesting.It automatically is one of the best ones on his team, and <spoiler>we see growlithe gets beaten out by corphish anyways.> I wish they could have used it more, as it really is a cool pkmn.
    [IMG]http://i1.*******.com/sgmiwk.jpg[/IMG]

-Banner made by Saffire Persian.
    -I've claimed Jynx in the Bishie thread.

Corphish was ROFLOL hilarious in this episode. For once, I loved the announcer (he's usually only slightly less irritating than fingernails on a chalkboard) when Corphish is shaking golduck's "hands" and the announcer says "you can't make this stuff up, folks". LOL The best part was that Corphish was able to go on fighting, and win, even though he was so confused.

Morrison was also great in this episode. The drama of the last act, when he learns that he and Ash have to fight each other and he's upset about it, was really well-done. I know the fight does continue, but at least the cliffhanger makes you really wonder if he will. I still loved Team Rocket with their manager too.

Overall, 9 out of 10, raised over the previous episodes because of Morrison goodness and Corphish's antics.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) (clauncher) x2 NEW!! 11/10 NEW!! 11/13
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Interesting episode. The battle between Katie and Ash in the EverGrande tournament, it was so cool. Ash won the match and face off against his rival, Morrison.
    This is the battle between Ash and Katie won or lost:
    Venomoth/Golduck VS Torkoal: Golduck wins/Corphish wins/Swellow wins
    Dugtrio VS Pikachu: Dugtrio wins
    Dugtrio VS Glalie: Glalie wins
    Misdreavus VS Glalie: Glalie wins and but actually it fainted
    Scizor VS Swellow: Swellow wins
    Swellow VS Walrein: Walrein wins
    Walrein VS Corphish: Walrein wins
    Walrein VS Grovyle: Grovyle wins

Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast