View Poll Results: Which version are you getting?

Voters
147. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pokemon Ultra Sun

40 27.21%
  • Pokemon Ultra Moon

45 30.61%
  • Both Versions

59 40.14%
  • Neither

3 2.04%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon? Which version are you getting?

I just looked through the version exclusives. I have Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and I eventually plan to get Pokemon Black 2. With those two factors in mind, there are only 2 version exclusives in Ultra Moon that I can't get from AS or Black 2 (excluding Gen 7 Pokemon), while Ultra Sun has 5. So I'll get Ultra Sun to build up my collection of Pokemon.
    Pokemon Blue Team (current): Ivysaur, Butterfree, Pikachu, Sandslash
    Pokemon FireRed Team: Blastoise, Parasect, Graveller, Pidgeot, Arbok, Primeape
    Pokemon Black Team: Embroar, Krookodile, Swanna, Beheeyem, Vanilluxe, Magnezone
    Pokemon Platinum Team (hiatus): Grotle, Kricketune, Onix, Magikarp, Zubat
    Pokemon Ultra Sun Team (current): Rowlett, Grubbin, Rockruff, Inkay, Alolan Sandshrew, Litten

My Pokemon Collection | Friend Code: 4700 1271 9539 | IGN: John

I'll be purchasing both. I'll play through Ultra Moon first, though.

Spoiler:- Here's my friend codes for PS4, Xbox One and 3DS:

waiting to see what exclusives are for added pokemon. Exclusives in the dex typically decides which version I get.
    -}<3Steel Types,<3{-
    My Greatest Ruby Team
    Platinum Team
    HeartGold Team
    SoulSilver Team
    White Team
    White 2 Team

I'm getting Ultra Sun. As someone who pretty much plays "casually" (in the sense I don't bother transferring Pokemon from 1 game/generation to the next and just repeat the "grinding" of hunting Legendary Pokemon with good IVs and re-breeding what i feel like using at the time, even if it's something I already did in a previous game, because to me that is post-game), the version exclusives pretty much decides the version I get. For games with no post-game-old-Legendaries the cover Legendaries usually are the deciding factor (for S/M I liked Solgaleo better). I actually liked Dawn Wings Necrozma's design slightly better, but because US/UM have post-game-old-Legendaries and I personally liked the ones in US a lot better (like with every pair of games each version does have its merits, it wasn't a 100% victory for US, but it had the majority of my preferences).
    "But now I just want to... engage you and see what happens!"

"I want to... analyze you!"
    Favorite Trainer Magma Admin Kagari / Courtney
    Favorite Pokemon Galvantula So terrifying yet so huggable
    Pokemon OTP AgencyShipping

I'm thinking US for Xerneas (Hopefully not shiny locked), But I prefer Lunala to Solgaleo and I really want to travel on Lunala. TT^TT
    I might get the other version later, But the same problem remains. Which do I go for first?

3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

Getting Ultra Sun to stay with my faith in Pokémon Sun. This is because I would still like to get Alolan Vulpix in game and some of my favourite Legendaries Groudon, Latios, Dialga, Heatran and Xerneas mostly for competitive purposes.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

Bought moon last time so this time I'm buying ultra sun.
    Besides, I've bought AS version so now I will get the legendary pokemon that I've missed the last time.

Got a physical copy of Sun and a digital copy of Moon the first go round but traded Sun in. Now getting a physical copy of Ultra Sun to complement my digital copy of Moon, but most likely not trading this one in.

Also I’ve got Y digital so my menu screen will have some Spanish flair to it: “Ultra Sun y Moon”

Glad to be able to get Alola Vulpix and Ninetales, UB Burst, Groudon and Xenreas. But hoping to trade for Totem Salazzle.
    Last edited by Italianbaptist; 16th November 2017 at 7:24 PM.
    John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that He gave His one and only Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life

3DS Friend Code - 4613 7899 0504 In-Game Name for Moon: Raphael

I am picking up both versions, and like always, going with physical editions.

I've got a complete collection of physical editions of every Pokemon game (main series, only) released to date.
    370 Pokémon at Level 100
    Third Gen: 60 • Fourth Gen: 95 • Fifth Gen: 71 • Sixth Gen: 122 • Seventh Gen: 22

Ultra Moon In-Game Team:
    Mike Haggar • Dorrie • Weaver • Duster • Rikka-chan • Vaporwave

Current Location: Just finished Ilima's Trial on Route 2

Actually I'm getting Ultra Sun now. I was going to get Ultra Moon, but that's what my brother got and I don't want to copy him.

I bought both but my main game will be UMoon (last time it was Sun). USun will be for replays.

I'd be getting both versions in just few weeks and hopefully before Christmas and I'll probably be playing Pokemon Ultra Sun version first.

I bought Ultra Sun. Last year I got Moon version, and I wanted to experience the other side of the game (easier to complete the 'dex now etc).
    Currently Playing: Pokémon Ultra Sun

At first, at the announcement of the games, I intended to get Ultra Moon, especially when I had the original Sun to begin with. However, as time passed and it became evident that USUM was a third version rather than a sequel like BW2, I started to deviate back to Ultra Sun, becoming fully prominent after seeing the exclusives for Ultra Sun and Moon. In addition, Dusk Mane Necrozma was better looking asthetic wise than Dawn Wings, which looked neat box art-wise, but in design wise, I felt Dawn Wings was ruined by how some of the armor was placed on it, especially the "tail" part which was just slapped onto Lunala's back. It was literally Lunala being sandwiched between the parts of Necrozma, and that didn't look very appealing in my eyes.

That and the box art of Ultra Sun, even though Dusk Mane didn't look as epic as Dawn Wings, was more appealing to me with the orange-red, black, yellow and gold colors used. More I owned Alpha Sapphire too, so I wanted a contrasting version to begin with, and Ultra Moon didn't give me that feeling.

In addition, I didn't play the original Sun much at all, nor finished it due to the existence of these games, so through this fact alone and from my personal opinions above, this finalized my decision to get Ultra Sun instead. By exchanging some old non-sellable games along with the original Sun at my local gamestore for store credit worth around 27 euros, I ultimately got my Ultra Sun copy for nothing less than 18 euros. I may get Ultra Moon later down the line maybe, not sure.
    Last edited by B. Thunder Tiger; 24th November 2017 at 3:59 PM.

I got a physical copy of Ultra Sun.
    I type with only my left hand. If you do so, it is optional for you to copy and paste it in your signature.

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0922-5657 (Megan)

Quote Originally Posted by B. Thunder Tiger View Post
    At first, at the announcement of the games, I intended to get Ultra Moon, especially when I had the original Sun to begin with. However, as time passed and it became evident that USUM was a third version rather than a sequel like BW2, I started to deviate back to Ultra Sun, becoming fully prominent after seeing the exclusives for Ultra Sun and Moon. In addition, Dusk Mane Necrozma was better looking asthetic wise than Dawn Wings, which looked neat box art-wise, but in design wise, I felt Dawn Wings was ruined by how some of the armor was placed on it, especially the "tail" part which was just slapped onto Lunala's back. It was literally Lunala being sandwiched between the parts of Necrozma, and that didn't look very appealing in my eyes.

That and the box art of Ultra Sun, even though Dusk Mane didn't look as epic as Dawn Wings, was more appealing to me with the orange-red, black, yellow and gold colors used. More I owned Alpha Sapphire too, so I wanted a contrasting version to begin with, and Ultra Moon didn't give me that feeling.

In addition, I didn't play the original Sun much at all, nor finished it due to the existence of these games, so through this fact alone and from my personal opinions above, this finalized my decision to get Ultra Sun instead. By exchanging some old non-sellable games along with the original Sun at my local gamestore for store credit worth around 27 euros, I ultimately got my Ultra Sun copy for nothing less than 18 euros. I may get Ultra Moon later down the line maybe, not sure.
    I understand the struggle with not completing (for me) Moon version. I completed it the weekend before USUM came out. I'm glad I did though, because when Pokemon Bank came out for USUM I was able to transfer over the older Pokemon and my 'dex stands at around 81% right now.

I hope you persevere and actually finish this game!
    Currently Playing: Pokémon Ultra Sun

Quote Originally Posted by c1234 View Post
    I understand the struggle with not completing (for me) Moon version. I completed it the weekend before USUM came out. I'm glad I did though, because when Pokemon Bank came out for USUM I was able to transfer over the older Pokemon and my 'dex stands at around 81% right now.

I hope you persevere and actually finish this game!
    Thanks man. No problem. I intend to finish Ultra Sun this time ahead, seeing its the improved version of Sun. I just didn't finish the original Sun not just because of USUM, but also because I rarely played the game since I got it as a gift at Christmas last year due to other games and real life commitments taking my attention. That and I was still just at the beginning of the game, so I ultimately decided to not finish the game in favor for its improved version.

Its a good thing I can trade online with people now as my original DS didn't support my internet way back then, resorting me to using cheats to get most of the Mythicals in the Gen 4 times.

I ended up buying both versions, sun and moon from amazon and got the special cases for the both of them :3
    I am playing Ultra Moon and my bf is playing Ultra Sun!

Been a long time since I posted anything.. Nostalgia hits me as I am looking back at this forum again. Anyway, I got both version and I started on Ultra Sun first this time since I played Moon version previously. My brother and I have been playing opposite versions to each other since Red and Blue!
    Pokémon Ultra Sun In-Game Team

3DS Friend Code: 0946-3288-6063 | ULTRA SUN IGN: RILEY

These would be the first set of games I'm willingly passing up

If I get the urge to play them in the future then I might get USun (prefer the version exclusives in Moon overall but not a fan of the inverted clock)
    Last edited by GarchompTheAssassin; 29th November 2017 at 3:45 AM.

Both. But moon to me and my sis sun xD
    I just like getting all versions in the games

Well, I WAS going to get US, but then I changed my mind last-minute because I wanted to play as the girl, and I wanted easier access to pink clothes for her. Also, some of the UM version exclusives were more appealing to me than the US ones were, so that was also a factor in my decision.
    "Blessed are the peacekeepers, champions of the just."

IGN: Alduin (X/OR), Lillith (Y/AS), Yettsky (Sun)
    NNID: ArceusKnight
    3DS FC: 0318-8048-1351

I got Moon originally, so Ultra Moon for me. The inverted clock still throws me off sometimes, but I like the majority of the exclusives a lot more. And at the very least, it makes getting Umbreon a breeze, heh

Friend Code: 0791-2218-3747. PM me for random battles n stuff. I also battle on Showdown now!
    Currently playing/training through Ultra Moon! Will update this when I am back into battling!

Currently writing: Beyond Life and Death II: Guardians of Fate (Amourshipping)

I got my Ultra Sun already, back on release day. Mostly since I love Solgaleo but also version exclusives.
    Though I sometimes am tempted to pick up an Ultra Moon for shiny hunts in the wormholes (legend exclusives, ya know)

i got both sun and moon, but after playing both i don't have the energy to sit through another cumulative 20 hours of text box mashing TWO times, so I only went with Ultra Moon. Plus, it's so easy with the way the UB are distributed to get dupes and trade for exclusives... I actually like how they did that. Makes it feel less demanding to buy both.
    the only reason i'd get US is for the legendaries that you can now shiny hunt super easily, apparently. But i won't be ready to sit through this story for another 2 or 3 years or so.
    Copy/Paste this into your signature if you support a MOTHER 3 remake on the 3DS!-started by ToedandTrue

Finished hunts:
        Spoiler:- Shinies :D:

Friend Safari: Mawile, Snubbull and Floette ( blue flower) pm if interested

send this 2 some1 u care about... or a skeleton will rattle his bones at u!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234