Thread: Giovanni's illness?

Default Giovanni's illness?

What happened with that? Was it ever brought up again? He was at the brink of death, so how did he get better? I can't remember.
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (Chapter 31 posted on August 21st, 2017!)
    It's got its own TV Tropes page!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine, winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!
    Solar System, 4th place, Villainous Intent

Celebii helped him recover in HGSS.

Celebi brought him medicine to cure it.

It's a reference to the legend of the Pokeathlon, where a strange illness struck Johto and one person and their three Pokemon overcame several obstacles to find the cure.

Did we ever find out what he HAD?
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (Chapter 31 posted on August 21st, 2017!)
    It's got its own TV Tropes page!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine, winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!
    Heart Like A Stone, winner of Most Heartbreaking Fic and 3rd place Best Canon Character-Centric 2014!
    Solar System, 4th place, Villainous Intent

No. Probably something fictional, given that random magic herbs and not human medicine fixed it.
    Here's hoping for Shiny Tapu Bulu, Tapu Lele, and Tapu Fini events that come stateside. Also, why can't there be more rare Vivillon pattern events?!

He had a deadly case of Notarealdiseaseitis.

A common affliction in fiction. You can easily come up with symptoms and thus come up with a cure just as easily.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. It was basically a plot device to fuel his motivations in FRLG and has since been cured.

Giovanni has the strongest desires and ambition for leadership, will dominate and reign, terrorize and subject the weak to the cruelty of his malice and judgement's fist. Escaping from the game corner, and rolling into all of those acentric directions from the power arrows, even mildly implemented in his gym in Viridian City is enough to get you dizzy and sick, beaming everywhere on those escalators of the future.

Team Rocket ever makes any progress with Jessie and James, so a little Togepi being all Giovanni ever got won't make his misery recover.
    All fear the raging Typhlosion... ROAR - unleashed from the deepest depths of chaos and the ultimate sea of freedom, a time of untold legends and deep labyrinths of Frenzy and Lightning, the split from peace and the sanctuary of fulfillment reveal this one divine wish... THE LIGHTNING!!!
    Will we make it through victory road? If so, then our last task towards freedom would be to checkmate the dark-sided King at the Game's highest stage for the win! Happiness isn't perfect until it's shared, so let love lay the foundation and point the way!

Wow, it's been awhile since I read any chapter with Giovanni in it. I forgot he had a illness. It was cured in HGSS? No wonder I didn't remember it. Still I'll be looking forward to see what he does if he comes back in the next chapters.
    Moon/Glovehead Berlitz! Make it a reality for a Berlitz reunion celebration!