Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon Recent Happenings Thread

Ultra Sun: I leveled up Festival Plaza quite a lot. My plaza's rank is now somewhere in the 45-50 range. I've been collecting quite a few good items, too, from Sophocles and places like the lotteries & haunted houses.

Ultra Moon: Over on Poni Island, I got the TMs for Surf & Waterfall (finally my Lapras gets Surf). In Poni Grove, Hau and I helped deal with the Stakataka. I caught two of them, weakening both down with my Ambipom.

Once that was done, I spent the rest of my playtime going through the entire Rainbow Rocket episode. Took me a long time to get through everything and fight all the trainers. The Archie fight was definitely the toughest one for me, with four of my Pokemon fainting (partly because Kyogre was so strong, and partly because I kept getting my Comfey & Oricorio confused and sent the wrong one out in battle >_>). Lysandre was probably the easiest, though.

For the Giovanni fight, I was able to just use my Oricorio. I set up Calm Mind while the Dugtrio lead wasted its Sucker Punch PP. He did switch out to Rhyperior eventually, but by then my Special stats were maxed out. I Revelation Danced the Ground types, then saved my Supersonic Skystrike for Mewtwo.

With Aether Paradise returned to normal, I hung around for a little while and did the final fight against Faba. I then returned to Poni Island.

Team:

Lv. 75-80
    My Pokemon grew so much from all the Rainbow Rocket fights! Comfey & Ambipom are now my highest leveled Pokemon.
    Last edited by Aquarelle; 31st December 2017 at 1:17 PM.
    >>// \\<<

After returning back to the Pokémon Centre at Tapu Village to heal my team and stock up on items, I began my climb up Mount Lanakila. It proved to be quite a challenge with me having to use to quite a few items to ensure my team is in tiptop shape. Encountered Necrozma in a crater along the way but I ignored it for the time being. Finally arriving at the peak, I took a well deserved rest at the Pokémon Centre before proceeding to the Pokémon League where I was given a brief introduction of it by Kukui and having some personal bonding time with Decidueye.

As for the Elite Four battles they went off rather smoothly with the main annoyances coming Prankster status moves from Molayne's Klefki and confusion inducing moves from several of the Elite Four's Pokemon. My final opponent ended up Hau with his Tauros being the toughest to take down since I opted to use Decidueye against it. With the battle down I basked in the celebrations of me becoming Alola's first Champion.
    Last edited by Tsukuyomi56; 1st January 2018 at 1:29 AM.
    Credit to Brutaka for the awesome banner!

I have claimed Drapion, Yo-Kai Watch 2: Fleshy Souls and Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles.

Now that I've completed most of what I want to do on Ultra Moon, I decided it was time to make some story progress on Ultra Sun. First, though, I had to EV train my US team on my Sun version. I taught my team some useful moves on that game, too, including level up moves (e.g. Shell Smash on Clamperl) and TM moves like Surf and Earthquake.

Then, I transferred most of my team over to Ultra Sun via Bank. I traded my Clamperl & Swirlix over, though, to get their annoying trade evolutions out of the way. So, they've evolved into Gorebyss & Slurpuff.

My Ultra Sun team:

Once I had my team, I continued on US by heading to the Trainers' School. I defeated the trainers there using my Stufful mainly, then continued into Hau'oli City. I got the Poke Finder and visited the salon & apparel shop to change my appearance before heading into the Pokemon Center.

I will go back to Ultra Moon later, since I want to explore the rest of Poni Island at least.
    >>// \\<<

I took some time away from Ultra Sun to play the second DLC pack of Zelda Breath of the Wild, but I picked Ultra Sun back up today. I just battled through the Battle Tree and defeated Red. Is it just me, or is the Battle Tree easier in USUM?

I remember struggling a little with the Battle Tree and having some really close matches in Moon. Granted, this time I used my Diancie because it had been so long since I used it in battle, but I didn't think using a mythical Pokemon would make it that much easier? I don't know, but either way I'm excited to now have the Kanto Starter Mega Stones.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!

wow, my UM file seems to be lucky for MM shinies, i did a 30 egg run sentret (gts fodder) and got a shiny one. i did another 35 egg run for more fodder and got a shiny again, gonna bring a seel into the mix for a shiny .

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Haven't done anything more on Ultra Moon, but I've been making progress on Ultra Sun. I finished up in Hau'oli City and then went to Route 2. After doing some exploring and battles, I went to Verdant Cavern for Ilima's trial. I defeated the Yungoos & Gumshoos in the dens using my Mimikyu. The Totem Gumshoos went down to my Stufful in two turns.

Once the trial was complete, I continued making my way around Melemele Island. I caught a few wild Pokemon (including Smoochum, Delibird, and Hawlucha) and trained my entire team to level 17. The Melemele Grand Trial is what I will do next time.

Also, I've continued to visit Festival Plaza a lot. My plaza's up to Rank 70 now! I've been ordering clothes from the visitors in my plaza, which is something I didn't really try on my Sun version. My character is now wearing several items I got from Festival Plaza.
    >>// \\<<

Beat the Elite Four on Ultra Sun. Didn't have any major difficulties, though my team was probably somewhat overleveled (about 65-70). Kahili was the toughest member, knocking out my Araquanid and almost Golem as well.

After that I caught some Blacephalons and the started the Rainbow Rocket episode. I've always hated those portal puzzles in Silph Co, Galactic HQ and Lysandre Labs, so I was quite unhappy to discover Rocket's Castle had portals as well. After solving that, I made it into Archie, who was surprisingly tough opponent, knocking out both Lurantis and Gengar: I had some excellent luck in the battle though, as Golem dodged three Kyogre's attacks in a row thanks to it's affection level.

Then I progressed to the right rooms, and solved the button puzzle, which wasn't hard, though a little annoying. I made it to Maxie, who was much easier than Archie: I managed to OHKO his first four Pokemon, and managed to turn Groudon's ability to my advantage, thanks to Lurantis' Solar Blade.

Will be continuing the episode tomorrow. I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish it before Monday, when my winter break ends.
    Claimed:
    Pokemon Moon team:
    Pokemon Ultra Sun team:

Today I traded a bunch of items over from Moon to Ultra Sun. I didn't want to have to buy a bunch of Mega Stones and battle items again for a bunch of BP, so I just traded them over. I then headed back to Poni Beach after giving up the other day on getting the high score. I ended up getting it on my first try today! With all of the high scores, I was told to go to the Surf Association in Heahea City. I soft resetted to get a Timid Surfchu.

I then realized that Mimikyu's Z-Crystal is the only one I didn't have, and being a completionist, I needed to get it. I went to Thrifty Megamart and got it. I then used a Bottle Cap to raise my Donphan's special defense since it was a little lacking. I taught my Dusk Lycanroc Drill Run and started competing in some battles via Battle Spot. My battle team right now is:

Mega Charizard Y
    Donphan
    Empoleon
    Sylveon
    Dusk Lycanroc
    Decidueye

However, there are some Pokemon I haven't ever used or haven't used in a long time that I want to start rotating in and out of my online battle team.

Currently writing: The Missing Link!

Yesterday, I returned to Iki Town to fight Hala. I OHKOed both Machop and Makuhita with Slurpuff. For Crabrawler, I decided to switch to my Salandit.

Today, with the Grand Trial complete, I went back to Hau'oli City. At the photo club, I took a cute photo with my Slurpuff and decorated it with stickers. I then spoke with Hau, Kukui, and Lillie before going to the beach in order to Mantine Surf to the next island. I did an okay job at the surfing and received some BP still terrible at landings, though.

Now, I'm in Heahea City on Akala Island. I've explored the city a little, making it to the Pokemon Center.

Over in Festival Plaza, I just made it to Rank 86.

Team:

All level 17
    >>// \\<<

Got my hands on some shiny stones and have two Cinccino's with Skill link... the male was from a foreign game, one has hasty nature, the other has naive nature. Off to masuda breeding for a shiny Minccino. (Hopefully with skill link since this gives the best chances) Any others are getting wonder traded.

Two days ago, I finished the Rainbow Rocket episode.

The spin tile puzzle was quite simple, I had no problems with that and managed to reach Cyrus quite easily. Cyrus was surprisingly easy opponent, Earthquake made Dialga feel like a pushover.

Then I progressed to the right stairs. Meowth statue puzzle was interesting, but not difficult. Lysandre battle was quite tough, with Mega Gyarados knocking out my Golem. Fortunately, thanks to it's type change Araquanid managed to finish it off with Lunge.

Then I had fight Ghetsis, who was probably the hardest opponent I had in the game: Cofagrigus and Bisharp were pushovers, Bouffalant and Zekrom were quite tough, but Hydreigon was the one I had most trouble with (to be honest, considering how frustrating it was in White, I was expecting it): it knocked out Araquanid and Lurantis, before I managed to finish him off with Flygon.

At last, I made it to Giovanni, who was disappoingly easy: I managed to one-shot Dugtrio, Rhyperior, Nidoqueen and Nidoking. Mewtwo wasn't that hard either, it only took couple of Fly attacks from Flygon.
    Claimed:
    Pokemon Moon team:
    Pokemon Ultra Sun team:

Finished with Heahea City last night, then moved on to Route 4. I trained my Pokemon there for a little while, and visited the Pikachu Valley.

Next, I entered Paniola Town, where I had another battle with Hau. My Stufful defeated his Torracat, while my Slurpuff took down the rest of his team. Afterwards, I looked around town and then went to Paniola Ranch. I battled some more trainers and caught a wild Mudbray and Lillipup. Finally, I made it to Route 5.

Today, I made it to Rank 100 on Festival Plaza! I'm now going to head through R. 5 and get to the next trial site.
    >>// \\<<

Finally got Ultra Sun and have been working on training my team. Caught some good Pokemon and put some away... this is who I went with:

Grubbin, Popplio, Pichu, Pikipek, Caterpie and Yungoos

Doing some more training tonight and just chilling.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

In my Ultra Sun, at first, I singed up for the latest Global Mission and tried out some battles at the Battle Agency at Rank 1 but didn't succeed at first. Then I managed to catch a Timid Blacephalon and afterwards went on to finish the first part of the Rainbow Rocket episode. After defeating the grunt at the Battle Agency, I decided to rechallenge my Rank 1 challenge at the Battle Agency and eventually managed to get to Rank 2. From the BP that I received, I reached Rank 20 for my Festival Plaza and I named it Join Avenue.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

I defeated a bunch of trainers on Route 5, including Gladion. Once that was done, I arrived at Brooklet Hill and started Lana's trial. I defeated several wild Pokemon on my way to the totem's den.

For the Totem Araquanid fight, I just used my Slurpuff. I'd taught it Thunderbolt on my Sun version, so it was able to hit Araquanid and the SOS Dewpider for super effective damage. Slurpuff did lose a chunk of its HP to several STAB Bubble attacks, but it wasn't in any danger of fainting.

With the Waterium Z obtained, I returned to Paniola Ranch and got some Sudowoodo to move out of the way. I also encountered the Ultra Recon Squad people again, and battled one of them. Think I used Gorebyss to take down Poipole.

Next, I continued on to Route 6, where I had several more trainer battles. My Spinarak evolved into Ariados during these battles (or maybe at Brooklet Hill, I honestly don't remember).
    Finally, I made it to Royal Avenue.

Back in Festival Plaza, I made it to Rank 107 or so. I also registered for the new Global Mission.

Team:

Level 21-22
    >>// \\<<

So I went back on my Ultra Sun again and hopped onto Poké Pelago to collect more Poké Beans and to check on some newly arrived Pokémon at Isle Abeens, which there was only a Cutiefly. After that, I went on to the Festival Plaza and got items from the lottery shops in which I got two Berry Juices and a PP Max. Then I battled at the Battle Agency and chose a Typhlosion for my use. The other Pokémon I chose from Festival Plaza visitors were Mismagius and Yanmega. They all battled pretty well and I advanced to Rank 3 afterwards and I raised my Festival Plaza rank to Rank 25, received an additional phrase at a Kalos Tent and a Heart Scale at a haunted house and contributed three points to the Global Mission total. After that, I went back to Poké Pelago again and sent Pokémon into the caverns of Isle Aphun to find more Shards.

"The Dragon that is immune to Dragon and the Fairy that is weak to Fairy."
    Sugimori art used; Peace to Dragons and Fairies
    Banner created by me

I reached the climax of the main storyline in my second playthrough of Ultra Sun and defeated Ultra Necrozma. Was a lot easier than I remembered it being, only used a level 47 Salazzle and a level 47 Mimikyu. Let's Snuggle Forever looks really weird when used by Totem Mimikyu though, it uses the small Mimikyu model instead of the large one.

US: On hold

UM: Beat the champion with a mostly Gen 7 team: 3 starters, Lycanroc (Night form - the best form), Necrozma, and Mandibuzz(not used, was leveling up for dex), . Now, I am trading like a fiend on GTS for a living dex. I am 36 shy of completing the Dex. Then, I will transfer to my Bank to see where I am at and what I need for a GEN 7 living dex. I have a Gen 6 living dex in Bank, but I want to keep that untouched so I can get shiny charms on gen 6 games. Once I finish the dex, it's off the legendary hunting. Yay.

Not as enthused about these games as SM because I *JUST* finished 2 run throughs of Sun the month before these released.

Over all, the games are better than Sun and Moon. However, Gen 6 is better as far as core series games go - in my opinion. XY Elite four was spectacular.
    Living Bank/Dex complete.

Campions beaten: Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Kalos, and Alola.

Shiny Collection: ,654,694,716,717,769

Did some training today along with some battling. Finally got to do some trading too. Got a Popplio in exchange for a Pichu and I got a Spearow in exchange for a Grubbin. Then I put up the Popplio for a Ditto on the GTS. Worked out well too as I got a Japanese one. Hoping to do some more training tomorrow.
    Looking forward to the new X Files episodes coming out in 2018! Thank you David, Gillian, Mitch, Glen and the rest of the cast and crew of 1013 for taking time to make them .

Will be training up the shiny Abra I have that's named Robin in honor of you. May you R.I.P.

I headed into the Battle Royal Dome and did the example royal with the Masked Royal, Hau, and Gladion. Then, I decided to try a couple of Battle Royals on my own. It had been a while since I'd done one, so I didn't realize that the Normal Rank was going to be so tough. My underlevelled Pokemon didn't fare too well, though my Gorebyss managed to get two KOs in one of the fights. I got a couple of free BP, at least.

Next, I explored Route 7 & Wela Volcano Park and trained my team in preparation for Kiawe's trial. Once I was ready, I headed to the top of the volcano and began the trial. I watched the dances and found the differences between them before fighting the Totem Pokemon.

The Totem Marowak fight was easy. On the first turn, I had my Gorebyss Shell Smash while Marowak used Detect (glad I remembered about Detect from my Ultra Moon playthrough). Gorebyss OHKOed the Totem with Hydro Vortex on the next turn, then OHKOed the SOS Salazzle with Surf on the third turn.

With the trial complete, I headed to the base of the volcano and then returned to Route 7. There, I met Mohn and (finally) got access to Poke Pelago. I immediately went to Pelago and started collecting beans and developing isles. I upgraded Isle Abeens all the way, and got the initial versions of Isle Aplenny & Isle Aphun.

Also, my Festival Plaza reached Rank 112.

Team:

Lv. 24-25
    >>// \\<<

had a busy day in the battle agency, got from lvl 10 to lvl 15 with a 2x FC bonus gain from fortune tents. i had a few retries to do to beat some opponents but it went on smooth enough. i got from lvl 200 to 228 with 2 runs in the plaza ground under those luck conditions.

3ds fc: 3926 6866-2593 ign (XY) Nelliel, fighting: Sawk Machoke Tyrogue. polar pattern Vivillion, ign sun: Nelliel
    2ds FC is 4485-2497-2628 with bermite, delibird, cloyster

latest shiny ;656;
    GMT-5hrs

Finally managed to evolve Snowflake after getting a second Friendship cafe. this made the Recon Squad fight in Seaward Cave easy. Snowflake's Return did a ton more damage than i thought to Furfrou. Hau Fight was easy as always. Denver evolved after the fight. Snowflake had to deal with the Hala Fight though, because Denver lost to Machop. Suprisingly, she survived All-Out Pummeling with 5 hp. Return helped out again with Makuhita. Before exploring Melemele with Tauros, i decided to rush to Big Wave Beach to try Mantine Surf. Managed to build up enough BP to give Denver Water Pulse and Snowflake Fire Punch. After some Clothes Shopping i headed to the Tide Song Hotel. Snowflake Wiped out Sina's team with Fire Punch.

Ended off with catching Swampy the Mudbray for my team. Figure he will help Denver with Steel, Poison, and Electric types.

Team
    Denver the Brionne lvl 19
    Snowflake the Lopunny 19
    Swampy the Mudbray lvl 11
    Last edited by Pikasaur; 13th January 2018 at 2:35 AM.
    Lillie Around the PokeWorld

Leaf Green: Badges: 1

Yesterday, I explored Route 8 and the upper part of Route 5. I trained my Pokemon a lot, and got my Stufful to evolve into Bewear.

Today, I headed into Lush Jungle for Mallow's trial. I collected all the ingredients I needed and had to battle a few wild Pokemon. Then, I had to fight the Totem Lurantis. My Salandit was able to win the battle on its own. Salandit KOed Lurantis with Inferno Overdrive after weakening down Lurantis a little. The SOS Kecleon went down after it set up Sunny Day and boosted my Salandit's Fire STAB.

Team:

Lv. 27-28
    >>// \\<<

So I finally managed to get a hold of one of the games ... Ultra Sun ... excited to see how different this feels from Sun, but I know that most of it is the same

Because I knew that most of the game was the same, i had already bred a team that I wanted to use for my play through.
    I had hatched them in my Sun and they have waited patiently since. Now its their time to shine.

So I booted up the game, and was greeted by Kukui again. Went to the route and saved, I wanted to make sure I got a female starter with an OK nature. First time, Female and Neutral nature. That will do! ... Hello Ami (Sailor Mercury/Water Magic) the Popplio!
    Me and Ami did all the usual stuff it tells you, go see Kukui, here is how to catch a pokemon, etc etc. We made our way to the Pokecentre and after using Pokebank we met up with the rest of the squad.

Makoto (Sailor Jupiter/Electric Magic) the Mareep
    Minako (Sailor Venus/Love Magic) the Buneary
    Rei (Sailor Mars/Fire Magic) the Kanto Vulpix
    Amara (Sailor Uranus/Earth Magic) the Nidoran♀ - I know some fans will say her name should be Haruka but Sailor Uranus was names Amara in some English Adaptations
    Usagi (Sailor Moon/Moon and Energy Magic) the Ralts

Yes, all of their names are after Sailor Scouts and what I felt fit there typings best
    We set off on our journey and not much gave us an issue, we easily dealt with the first trail with Amara and her double kick
    Some of the team evolved and we are now ready to journey down route 3.

Team

- Ami - Level 17
    - Makoto - Level 17
    - Amara - Level 18
    - Minako - Level 16
    - Rei - Level 15
    - Usagi - Level 16
    Attached Images Attached Images
    My Bro on seeing Mega Abomasnow: "Its looks so fluffy I wanna hug it" ... xD

This week, most of my playtime has been spent in Festival Plaza and Poke Pelago. My plaza has leveled up quite a lot, making it to Rank 140 tonight (fortune teller boosts really helped). In Pelago, I've been growing berries and collecting evolution stones.

I did continue with the story today, though, by heading back to Heahea City. I went to the Dimensional Research Lab, where I learned some things about Ultra Wormholes and read a few books. After that, I returned to the Heahea Pokemon Center to buy a few things, then headed to Diglett's Tunnel.

Getting through the tunnel was pretty easy. I battled a few trainers along the way, and teamed up with Hau to defeat a couple of Team Skull members. I soon made it to Route 9 and Konikoni City. I saved after buying a few items at the clothing store.
    >>// \\<<

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast