Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Dec 14:SM54- Shine, Z-Power Ring! A Super Fully Powered 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt!!

So everyone with Z Rings are going to use Z Moves. Interesting that the preview confirms that Hydro Vortex can be used on land, and not just underwater.
    People were using that as a justification for why Ash wouldn't have been able to use Hydro Vortex, when now we know it's not true. So Ash was cheated off a Waterium Z.

Also, I'm fully expecting that after this episode, Clefable joins Lillie's team full time since they have 'always been so close to each other'.
    Quote Originally Posted by LilligantLewis View Post
    "Because I like BW and SM when a lot of people don't, if someone criticizes SM, even if it's a valid criticism, I will suddenly complain that no one criticized XY in the same way. I will then proceed to pretend the thread is being raided by XY fanboys even though I'm the only one who brought up XY in the first place".

Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    People were using that as a justification for why Ash wouldn't have been able to use Hydro Vortex, when now we know it's not true. So Ash was cheated off a Waterium Z.
    ^^^

Hm.... I sincerely hope Lillie doesn't get Clefable full time, that'd just make Shiron seem even less special with still only Powder Snow. Her second Pokemon should be something she herself catches with the help of Shiron.
    Fanfic Corner
    Best Wishes Rewrite - Ferris Wheel shipping story, Team Rocket vs Team Plasma action (Disclaimer: No Iris)
    Sun/Moon Rewrite - A standalone story with a new lead. (Coming soon)

Or Ash didn't get the Waterium-Z because he had no Water type at the time, and the writers don't plan on giving him one?

Because I'm one of the three people on this site that doesn't hate Lana apparently, I for one am happy about this. I was afraid that Hydro Vortex was something that could only be used around water and that it would be too limiting.
    Last edited by Golden_Latias; 10th December 2017 at 3:44 AM.

~Credit to Satomine Night for the banner~
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes & Stuff:

Perhaps that new move that Rowlet learns is Brave Bird or Sky Attack? I know it's a stretch..but it just seems to have the feel of a flying type attack.

Oh boy I can just see people complaining about Lillie didn't "earn" Clefable, however I'm hoping she obtains it since it's close to her USUM team.

Quote Originally Posted by Akkipeddi View Post
    So everyone with Z Rings are going to use Z Moves. Interesting that the preview confirms that Hydro Vortex can be used on land, and not just underwater.
    Can't be cheated off something when you don't even have a water Pokémon or related moves, Lana helped Ash and had a water Pokémon right with her at the time.
    "It's weird people refuse to watch BW yet hate Iris for the sole purpose that she calls Ash a kid. Her catchphrase is supposed to be ironic, she's a kid herself.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardblaze View Post
    Perhaps that new move that Rowlet learns is Brave Bird or Sky Attack? I know it's a stretch..but it just seems to have the feel of a flying type attack.
    It's possible, but it seems a little too early for it to be learning Brave Bird IMO. Especially given it would be a bit redundant with Peck, given that Brave Bird is kind of treated as a more powerful version of Peck in the anime.

So like should no one else just use any Z-moves other than Ash? Kiawe and Lana having the Fire and Water crystals doesn't cheat Ash off of anything, he'll have his own special moves to showcase. Sure you can say that multiple people could use the same Z-move but that's just boring, it wouldn't feel as special when Ash pulls out the move in a tight situation, that's probably why they had Lycanroc master Continental Crush in an episode focused on someone other than Ash, once it's time for him to truly benefit off the Rockium Z it'll already evolve into Lycanium Z so that it doesn't look like he's just copying his past opponents.
    XY group / Amourshipping Christmas fan comic: http://rohanite.tumblr.com/post/1061...-were-a-bit-of

My art: http://rohanite.deviantart.com/gallery/

This is Turtwig, he was the most under appreciated starter in Diamond & Pearl. If you picked Turtwig as your starter, put this in your sig. Started by Dax-360

Quote Originally Posted by MissAngel View Post
    At this point, Litten is the second coming of Snivy.
    Except that Snivy had a less yawn-inducing personality and came with a moveset with Attract, Leaf Storm and Leaf Blade.. Meanwhile, Litten is stuck with Fire Fang, Ember and Tackle?? That's quite the difference you're glossing over. It's appears to be the second coming of Tranquil in my eyes. Boring and doing close to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by blizzardblaze View Post
    It's probably Peck to begin with..
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Quote Originally Posted by Rohanator View Post
    So like should no one else just use any Z-moves other than Ash? Kiawe and Lana having the Fire and Water crystals doesn't cheat Ash off of anything, he'll have his own special moves to showcase. Sure you can say that multiple people could use the same Z-move but that's just boring, it wouldn't feel as special when Ash pulls out the move in a tight situation, that's probably why they had Lycanroc master Continental Crush in an episode focused on someone other than Ash, once it's time for him to truly benefit off the Rockium Z it'll already evolve into Lycanium Z so that it doesn't look like he's just copying his past opponents.
    Nobody has any issue with Kiawe using Z-Moves. More like Lana's not allowed to use Z-Moves because she's not a hardcore battler like Ash, Kiawe, and Gladion are. I'm guessing the belief is that the Waterium-Z is wasted on her because of the assumption that she's not going to battle or use it that often.

Ignoring the fact that Ash has only used the Grassium and Rockium once each ao would the Waterium really be better off with him?

Lana has at least demonstrated she can half way battle with Popplio and even get a crafty battle style out of it. Hell, it would be more logical for her to be made to use full power on the opponents than curb stomp them with basic attacks.

Granted I hope Lusamine's Pokemon get in SOME offence this episode (as in actual hits, not just hovering menacingly like last episode). It's getting like XY where even the non-battler comic relief got through the whole big dark villain arcs completely unscathed. Add in SOME tension.
    Last edited by DatsRight; 10th December 2017 at 5:59 PM.

No, I agree with you. Given the only real hiccup she and Popplio have had was the Garbodor thing all the way back in SM32, I don't think Lana is terrible at battling, just inexperienced.

What I would be interested in seeing is Kiawe's face-off. He seems to have already exhausted his Z Move resources meaning he'll have to battle normally this episode. Which could be fun since not only could we see more of him commanding Marowak at last but also more of Turtonator's more nimble battle style.

Quote Originally Posted by DatsRight View Post
    Lana has at least demonstrated she can half way battle with Popplio and even get a crafty battle style out of it. Hell, it would be more logical for her to be made to use full power on the opponents than curb stomp them with basic attacks.

Granted I hope Lusamine's Pokemon get in SOME offence this episode (as in actual hits, not just hovering menacingly like last episode). It's getting like XY where even the non-battler comic relief got through the whole big dark villain arcs completely unscathed. Add in SOME tension.
    But that's the point, they aren't suppose to be winning or losing. The TC and Lillie all know they are no match for Lusamine's Pokémon so they have counter the moves as best as possible. Hence why Soph commanded Togedumaru to get hit with Mismagius Thunderbolt and Steenee used Double Slap to counter Milotic's Aqua Tail. They're simply stalling until Lusamine is saved, avoiding hits.
    "It's weird people refuse to watch BW yet hate Iris for the sole purpose that she calls Ash a kid. Her catchphrase is supposed to be ironic, she's a kid herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Except that Snivy had a less yawn-inducing personality and came with a moveset with Attract, Leaf Storm and Leaf Blade.. Meanwhile, Litten is stuck with Fire Fang, Ember and Tackle?? That's quite the difference you're glossing over. It's appears to be the second coming of Tranquil in my eyes. Boring and doing close to nothing.

It's probably Peck to begin with..
    you mean Scratch attack for Litten

Quote Originally Posted by Locormus View Post
    Excuse me? "Stuck with?" You're comparing a Pokemon from a show that ended years ago to a Pokemon in a show that's still airing. That's hardly fair.

At least Litten has the potential to learn more moves. Meanwhile, Snivy didn't get a single new move the entirety of BW.

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post
    Excuse me? "Stuck with?" You're comparing a Pokemon from a show that ended years ago to a Pokemon in a show that's still airing. That's hardly fair.

At least Litten has the potential to learn more moves. Meanwhile, Snivy didn't get a single new move the entirety of BW.
    To be fair, I was the one who brought up the subject even though it's fairly irrelevant to the thread. I was just frustrated with the use of Litten and made a poor comparison to Snivy.

On topic: This arc is dull and predictable. I don't think I will ever enjoy the anime adaptations of the game plots.
    Last edited by MissAngel; 10th December 2017 at 7:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AshxSatoshi View Post
    But that's the point, they aren't suppose to be winning or losing. The TC and Lillie all know they are no match for Lusamine's Pokémon so they have counter the moves as best as possible. Hence why Soph commanded Togedumaru to get hit with Mismagius Thunderbolt and Steenee used Double Slap to counter Milotic's Aqua Tail. They're simply stalling until Lusamine is saved, avoiding hits.
    Maybe but it's still a case of them running rings around their opponent for a lengthy amount of time. I'd expect them to struggle a little bit at least, like losing numbers or being worn down by the time Ash is nearing the job.

I guess my only disappointment with Lana having the Z-Ring is because Mallow and Sophicles don't have one themselves. Seems kinda like it's cheating them out of any true importance since they seemingly have no moves that Ash doesn't already have/own...

As for Litten, I'm kinda surprised they even gave him to Ash if he's not even gonna do anything remotely special. Rowlet and Lycanroc both having pretty noticeable personalities makes the cat even more dull by the fact it acts like an actual cat, only more dull.
    3DS code:1048-8163-5480
    Flashy

Image made by me

Quote Originally Posted by lolipiece View Post

Triggered much? Okay, so it technically isn't stuck with those moves.. Snivy had those moves from the start which does make the comparison fair, whereas Litten has.. well.. not received that luxury - as of yet.

Miss Angel made a remark that Litten is turning into Snivy2.0, so I remarked that at least Snivy at this point in her series had a great moveset and an awesome personality to boot. Litten had a great set-up to its capture (arguably the most emotional in long while), but it has been grossly underserved since then in favor of Lycanroc and Rowlet. The fact that you're so upset about my comment and refering to Litten's potential probably means that I'm right about it being underserved at the moment. But I hope that gets better soon.

I may have said that Litten is more like Oshawott, but it really is more like Tepig2.0. Tepig had tragic backstory, massive potential, started with a barren moveset (Flame Charge, Ember.. can't even remember what else, Tackle?), did fair well enough in gyms, eventually evolved once and turned out decent. Assuming that Litten will evolve and beat Nanu's Alolan Persian, I now just can't help but see the similarities (aside from the gym record, which isn't fair as the Trial Challenge in the anime doesn't equate the amount of battles a gym challenge would - and obviously isn't finished (though Tepig did get three gym battles early on - and two later, and Litten is at one atm, that's quite a bit of CATching up to do).
    Answer to all the bad things in the world: Give up on trying to make everything better. Hence, accepting it for what it is. YOLO! <- Click the link and daw.. -.-

"If I had my way in DP, Ash would've hit the league with: Pikachu, Ambipom (his to keep), Torterra (Grass/Starter), Lucario (Ace), Chingling (Cute), Bidoof (Water-type) and Heatran (Fire-type)."

Spoiler:- GenVII Starter names speculation:

The second line is meant to be sarcastic.. Though there was a random trainer with a Heatran at the Sinnoh League..

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678