Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoenn's Legacy

Smeargle_artist Guest

Great, great chapter, yup, poor amy     Spoiler:

Hehe, I imagine Anthony being Flannery's boyfriend.

And I imagined Tiro as the fr/lg motorbike gang leader...

Great chapter! I love the descriptions of a substitute!

Once again you made an excellent battle. Too bad for Amy and Tiro. Anthony seems perfect for the job.^^ I can't wait until Ranstarn starts!
    Awesome chapter like always!^^

~Chapter 25: Secrets Abound~

~Jasmine~

Tiro and I walked down the hall together, each heading for our respective cabins. Tiro was a quiet man, and he hadn't said anything since Ardos's meeting. I clenched my fist at the thought of that accursed meeting. Right away, I knew I would be rejected because of my status.

But my hope had been rekindled for just a minute when Ardos had told me I would be a perfect choice.....I knew I could not hope to achieve much within two days of my undercover mission, but this mission was so vital to Ardos. If I had just been given a chance, I could've gone in place of Anthony and ruined the plan.....But no. My chance had eluded me. What I had to focus on now was how to catch Ardos's interest, to rise through the rankings, and get my chance to take Zephyr down.

"Amy," Tiro said quite suddenly to me. I jumped a bit, but turned to Tiro. He turned to me as well, though he navigated the colorless hall without even needing to see where he was going.

"Master Ardos did not wish to battle you, am I correct?" he asked.

"Yes.....Why do you care, though?" I said, a tad more aggressively than I had planned. Tiro gazed at me, his face inscrutable behind the one-way visor he wore.

"Just wondering," Tiro replied enigmatically. I narrowed my eyes, but it was pointless, as my visor was just as opaque as Tiro's.

"I doubt that. Why do you want know?" I repeated, my voice intentionally forceful now.

Tiro looked taken aback, but he responded quietly, "I was unsure whether or not Master Ardos would even consider me. I thought at first that you were going to be chosen if Master Ardos did not need to battle you, but now I see it was more of a sign of neglect, that he was in fact not willing to choose you." That was certainly the most I'd heard Tiro say in the past hour or so.

"Yes, I'm sorry to say Master Ardos does not consider me an asset," I said, sighing in a convincingly disappointed way. But as I said that, a three way split appeared before me.

"Well, Amy, perhaps we will have better luck next time," Tiro boomed, his voice filled with resentment as well. I was still unaccustomed to being called Amy, being known as Jasmine my entire life, but it was just one of the many challenges I faced in this mission.

Tiro turned to the left, and disappeared down the hallway. I headed forward, and pushed open the shining double doors. Outside, I found the familiar eight cabins, each one rather weathered and dilapidated.

I made my way to the one on the far left, spying my two roommates within. Their shadows darkened the windows on the side, and it appeared as though they too were getting ready for bed. I pushed open the wooden door, and walked in. They had both removed their red helmets, and were gawking eagerly at me.

"So, how did it go?" Theresa asked excitedly.

"Did Master Ardos choose you to be the spy?" Hiur asked equally breathlessly.

I put on a sad grimace, and said heavily, "No, that guy Anthony got chosen." Both of them sighed sympathetically.

Hiur flared up at once, exclaiming indignantly, "I think Master Ardos was biased against you from the start. I saw Anthony and that other man. They both were a lot bigger than you, especially the big one, and they both have such high rankings."

"Doesn't help that they're both men, either," Theresa remarked gloomily, emphasizing the word 'men' strongly.

I laughed sincerely, and said, "Yeah, I picked up the same vibe. Oh well, our rankings should rise soon enough...."

Despite my mission, I did feel rather connected to Hiur and Theresa. Though they were both Amatuer Agents, a full rank above me, they had been most friendly when I had joined, taking me in willingly.

But they were both Zephyr agents, and I never forgot that. No matter how friendly they were to me, their objectives in life were to cause as much pain and misery to their victims as possible. I took pride in knowing that I was different, pure and loving.

But the fact still remained that I would need to be ruthless and heartless to get on Ardos's good side. The thought haunted me constantly, but I knew it was of utmost important to destabilize Zephyr before they became too big of a threat. Who else could? No one else could even access our headquarters, as they were placed on the mythical Mirage Island. It was up to me.

To my right, Theresa and Hiur climbed into their respective beds.

"'Night, Amy," Hiur called, her hazel eyes gazing at me before she turned out the lights.

I climbed into my bed as well. It wasn't a comfortable bed, I had noticed that on my first day here. It was full of lumps and the pillow was flat.

I yearned to be safely in my old bed again, to be in Olivine City again. It had been a mere two days since I had set out on my quest, but I was already homesick. Zephyr's headquarters were so large and busy compared to the quiet, peaceful city of Olivine.

Somewhere in the distant future, though, I knew I'd be back there, safe and sound once more.

~Registeel~

Flannery, where do you propose to take me to practice Earthquake? I inquired after my painstaking decision to forget Superpower.

"Oh, it's not too far away," she assured me, "Just a clearing near the Fallarbor Desert. I think I can manage walking there."

But you plan to return me to my capture device, I guessed shrewdly.

Flannery's cheeks turned pink once more, but she responded, "Well, just for a little. Like I said, it's pretty close; it should only take a couple of minutes."

Alright, I thought. The container didn't bother me, but it was the feeling of isolation that I disliked. I felt so disconnected with the world in there, and if something were to happen to Flannery, I would be stranded inside it for some time.

Flannery unclipped my sphere from her belt, and absorbed me within it. The comfort was instantaneous, but then once more, that void-like feeling returned. Time seemed to freeze when I was in this alternate dimension. Seconds later, I found myself being forced out of it.

Flannery stood before me, watching me nervously. I scanned my surroundings, and found a quiet, desolate meadow, just as Flannery described.

"Well, we're here, Registeel," Flannery said. I turned back to her, and found her holding the dark brown circle.

"Are you ready?" she asked.

Yes, I'm ready, I replied boldly, reminding myself irresistibly of Regirock. I did wonder where it was right now, whether or not it had been awakened. I pushed away my mental digression, and focused on the circle.

"Normally, I just press this against my Pokémon, but I think you can hold it and it'll work," she said uncertainly. She held out her hand, and I took the circle from her. Nothing happened, so I pressed it against my chest, waiting for something amazing to occur.

Just as I became convinced that this was a waste of time, I felt an enormous pressure against my torso, as though someone was denting it with an iron bar. I dropped my hand, but found the circle fusing with my chest, glowing a magnificent white.

A buzzing filled my head, and my entire body began twitching. Within my mind, images of me using each attack I was capable of currently appeared. Assuming this was the process where I chose an attack to permanently forget, I focused myself on the picture of me using Superpower against that Snorlax I had faced so many centuries ago.

The other pictures faded away, but the Superpower image magnified itself, showing that blazing light that I had come to associate with Superpower. It began to break apart, the fragments of the memory swirling indistinctly around my mind.

The pain increased brutally, and it felt as though my very body was breaking along with that power. I charged at a tree, just barely visible through the broken pictures of me using Superpower. I swiped at it powerfully, trying to alleviate the enormous stress going on within me. Vaguely, I could hear Flannery yelling, sounding quite scared.

Then, the shards vanished, leaving no trace. All at once, I felt the power I accessed to use Superpower blow apart, forgotten. I felt around that portion in my mind, trying to feel the reassuring method of using Superpower. But it was no good, I couldn't recall the way I had used it, or even how it had looked. Instead, I felt a new presence entering my mind, pouring in like water in rut. The new presence swirled and sifted, slowly taking shape and rooting itself in my mind.

It felt like feathers frantically dancing against my skull, mere wisps of power. Then, the little gusts linked, and began to become a definite source of power. I could feel it pushing itself into my mental arsenal, becoming one with me already. The terrible agony ceased.

I fell backwards, staring vacantly at the sky. I was still a bit unsure what had happened exactly, and I didn't want to find out. I just laid there, until Flannery's face appeared above me, looking positively alarmed.

"Registeel, are you OK?! Say something, anything!" she cried out frantically. Trying to calm myself, I connected my mind with hers, taking solice in a familiar ability I'd never lose.

Yes, I'm alright. I just....wasn't ready for such a harsh way of learning a technique. It's so different from the gradual steps I always took when learning my other attacks.... I thought back hesitantly, my mind still concentrated on the searing pain I had felt just moments before.

Flannery's face relaxed, and she thought back, Oh, thank goodness. I wasn't used to seeing Pokémon react so strongly to a TM. My other Pokémon seemed so relaxed when they learned new attacks.

It'll probably be because of their domestication. They'll be used to new areas, new faces, and new feelings like that, I responded quietly. Flannery backed away, giving me room to stand. I straightened myself, stumbling slightly at first.

"Well..." she said, her voice trailing off a bit, "We came here to get you to use Earthquake properly. I suppose we should start on it." I agreed solemnly, and shut off the link between us. I couldn't afford distractions. Flannery, knowing what the attack did, backed off, giving me a wide berth.

I felt around for the new energy, uncertain how difficult it would be. Its unusual feeling did not take long to find, however, as I was quite familiar with the other goings-on in my mind. I tapped into it, expecting some sort of bizarre new feeling. And I was quite right.

Rather like when I had first used Ancientpower, the power flooded my mind, until I could think or remember nothing else. All I felt was a burning desire to let it all out. I stomped hard on the dirt, letting the power follow the movement.

A small tremor shook the land around me, but it was not enough. The energy flitted about impatiently in me, aching to be released. I stamped my foot hard in quick succession, causing a thundering chain of earthquakes. Though quite pleased with my first attempt, I was simultaneously disappointed. This was not the devastation I had formerly associated with Earthquake, it was a feeble trace of the mighty skill.

A powerful urge to master the power entered my mind, consuming all reason. I was blessed with the chance to learn such a wondrous attack; I couldn't let that chance slip away. This time, I averted the energy as it pulsed through me, seeing if it would be more powerful in my arms instead.

I swung my arms in a circle, eagerly watching the results. The ground trembled, but it did not do much else. I clapped my hands now, seeing if the shock waves would enhance the overall output. The ground quaked a bit harder, but I still was left with a lot of energy to release.

I clapped my hands quickly, letting the energy out in small spurts. The earth made deep booming noises beneath me with each release, until I exhausted that portion of the power. I sat down, suddenly weary.

OK, I've had enough for today, I called, reconnecting myself with Flannery.

Stepping out tentatively from behind a tree, Flannery walked up to me, and thought, That was really good, Registeel! Not at all bad for a first try, especially for such a vicious attack.

I felt slightly mollified at her words, but said calmly, I think I'd like to go back into that.....Pokéball device. But, I'd like to actually sleep when we get back to your dwelling area. I'm a bit tired....

Flannery hastened to grab her Pokéball. She pointed it at me, and sucked me within. The comfort pressed down on all sides in huge contrast to the crushing pain I had felt minutes before. Seconds later, I felt myself being ejected onto the floor in Flannery's room.

"You'll sleep here today," she said.

"It's still morning, so Grandpa and I will still be using the living room." The last few words confused me, but I assumed it was the room that I had slept so briefly in earlier on today.

Alright, that's fine. I just desire sleep, I do not care in particular where I do so, I told her.

OK, good, but do you mind if I ask you something first? Flannery asked, rather awkwardly, it seemed.

Though somewhat surprised, I replied, Sure, go ahead. Flannery seemed embarrassed for some reason, but I couldn't see why.

Well....I've been meaning to ask you this for a while. I kind of wanted to know why you decided to heal Brendan's injuries when we were in your cave. I knew you didn't like him or me at the time, so what made you do it?

She thought all of this in a rush, as though keen on saying it before I could interject. I was unsure of what to do, really. My reason seemed rather foolish now that I looked back on it, and I wasn't sure I wanted to divulge one of my saddest secrets to Flannery yet.

I do not wish to tell you right now, I said imperiously, finality evident in every word I spoke, I'll tell you someday, but for now, I'll keep it to myself.

Flannery's face blazed red with embarrassment, but she seemed to accept my answer. She left the room without further question. I sat down on the soft floor, going over what had just happened. I was fairly sure I had done the right thing in shielding that secret from Flannery, but it did create somewhat of a rift between us, knowing that I was not willing to tell her all she asked.

Clearing my head of these troubling thoughts, I deactivated myself, letting relieving sleep wash over me.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Last edited by ≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈; 5th November 2005 at 1:35 AM.

Smeargle_artist Guest

Sorry, i posted that before reading...

I deleted it when i read that...

Sorry. GREAT CHAPTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, I like the description of using a TM. Keep up the GREAT work

the way the chapters are working i'd say your coming to a conclusion soon
    Sarcasm. It's a weapon, not a tool.

Diamond FC: 0129 9730 6727
    Space Invaders Extreme FC: 451128636320

Yay!good old Jasmine appeared, she's always so kind!^^ Registeel suffered a lot during the learning of the TM, poor guy. Awesome chapter, keep up the good work^^

Wow.

Your description has increased significantly in power and detail...the scene in which Registeel learned Earthquake was phenomenal.

It felt like feathers frantically dancing against my skull, mere wisps of power.
    Gorgeous. That entire scene was just so rich...I am highly impressed.

Also cool was the revelation that Amy is actually Jasmine, as in THE Jasmine. I saw that and was very pleased.

Kudos for the use of Exploud and Poliwrath - when do we ever see those? Also, thanks for using Magmar; I always like to see that Pokémon.

One more thing I want to commend you for is the description of Return. That is the first description I have ever read of it that wasn't silly or cutesy in any way. Big kudos to you for that. ^_^

You're getting to be very good at this, you know that?
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
    (Or do. I don't actually mind.)
    The Origin of Storms | Communication

Man, who thought Registeel would feel so much pain from the TM? AND PLEASE, go back to Pryce soon. I want to see Regiice again

Smeargle: Thanks, and no problem. We all make mistakes.

Retnea: I never really understood how a Pokémon would feel when using it, so that was a fun scene for me. I was pretty much at liberty to do whatever I please with the TM.

Swampert: Nope, long from it.     Spoiler:

Celebi: I thought Jasmine would be a nice character, since she has virtually no personality in the games other than caring for her dear Ampharos.

Sike: Thank you very much. Coming from you, that means quite a lot.

Poliwrath always was one of my favorites. Dunno if you noticed, but I did have a Poliwrath Avatar for the past week or so because I liked it a lot. Exploud's also neglected, for some reason. I think it's quite cool, really, what with its excellent design and attacks and the Stats to use them. It's a shame writers don't use Exploud more.

Meh, in XD/Colosseum, it was always depicted as something that looked like you throwing hearts at the foe. I wasn't quite sure how to write that, so I just changed it up a bit, and added pink for a bit of girliness.

Wackruntlje: Don't worry, Pryce will be in the next Chapter, which may even be up tonight if I can handle it. I just needed to be sure Ardos and Zephyr made their proper debut. You notice this is the first Chapter in a long time that actually went back to Registeel and Flannery? Well, that's because all I needed to do right now with Zephyr has been done, so now I can go back to Registeel's training and Pryce's journey.

On a side note, I do believe this is the most replies I've gotten after a single Chapter. Excellent!

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

great chaptors i havent posted for a while but the battles were great and i loved the battle with slaking because my slaking knows focus punch to.
    my pearl team.

Wow. Just wow. This is incredible. The intricate mythology is the most well-thought out Pokemon mythology I've ever seen. Poor Regirock.
    I like how you are using Ardos. I just beat that dude on XD, and he was really cold and cruel. Love the Trickband. It terribly evil. So, are the Regis all going to get a human owner?
    I also like that detail about the Nincada that Ardos and Eldes took care of, and how the Pokemon their father gave them is a reflection on their personality.
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

causing a thundering chain or earthquakes.
    I think you meant "causing a thundering chain of earthquakes...

Other than that, very awesome! I think Tiro could have been a teacher or something at Ranstarn... Will we be seeing more of him and the other gym leaders? are Kyogre and Groudon going to come back at all? and will Mew escape Jirachi and Deoxys? and will we see the Frontier Brains?

Yeah~ a lot of questions from me! But thats what happens when you write a great fic!

기쁨 곱하기 슬픔 나누기
    웃음은 더하기 욕심은 빼기

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard722
    I think you meant "causing a thundering chain of earthquakes...
    Ugh, that happens a lot. I usually catch it, though....

I think Tiro could have been a teacher or something at Ranstarn
    A good idea, but I've already got Anthony there.

Will we be seeing more of him and the other gym leaders?
    Tiro? Maybe, I'd say probably, even. Gym Leaders? Most certainly.

are Kyogre and Groudon going to come back at all
        Spoiler:

and will Mew escape Jirachi and Deoxys
        Spoiler:

and will we see the Frontier Brains?
        Spoiler:

Yeah~ a lot of questions from me! But thats what happens when you write a great fic!
    Questions are always welcome.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Hoenn's Legacy - An epic of the destruction of Hoenn, the rebuilding of it, and the second destruction. War story, rated TV-14 for Violence.

Skitoma - A story of love between two Wurmple unfamiliar with the concept. Rated PG for slight adult themes.

Ficubes made by me.

Someone gave me a keychain once that said "You're depriving some poor village of it's idiot." I thought it was a joke but no one else laughed

When will next Chapter be up?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord wackruntlje
    When will next Chapter be up?
    Tomorrow, I believe. Busy tonight.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Ficubes made by me.

Questions:
    Will Mewtwo play any role?
    Will we meet Eldes?
    Do you intend on inserting any romance into the story?
    Does Regirock get captured?
    Do Lugia and Ho-Oh have roles to play in this?
    What about Raikou, Entei and Suicune?
    I get the feeling Giovanni might show up. Am I right?
    Join the Probopass cult now, and receive a year's supply of chocolate-scented toothpicks!

Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Master Sceptile
    Will Mewtwo play any role?
    No, I don't think so. It MIGHT, but don't count on it. Maybe a brief cameo, at best.

Will we meet Eldes?
        Spoiler:

Do you intend on inserting any romance into the story?
        Spoiler:

Does Regirock get captured?
    I know the answer to that, but I do believe it's too big of a Spoiler to give away.

Do Lugia and Ho-Oh have roles to play in this?
    Possibly.

What about Raikou, Entei and Suicune?
    Same as above. Keep in mind, I can't showcase EVERY Legendary. For one, it'd be overkill, and two, there are too many to give distinct personalities to.

I get the feeling Giovanni might show up. Am I right?
    Actually, no. I did consider him over Ardos once, but Giovanni gets enough limelight as is, whether it be games or animé.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Most Recent Works:

Ficubes made by me.

Is Celebi going to appear again?

~Chapter 26: Seeking Knowledge~

~Pryce~

Shellder snoozed beside me, its relaxed manner quite in contrast to my concerned one. I waited patiently, watching Shellder's sleek body bobbing up and down as it snored in a high-pitched way. Then, Nurse Joy came from the room she had disappeared into previously, carrying a lone Pokéball.

"Sir, your Piloswine has been restored to full health. Jynx will be finished soon, we're just now administering the Burn Heal," Nurse Joy told me, smiling widely.

I returned the smile, and gratefully took my companion's Pokéball. The moment Nurse Joy left, I let Piloswine out. Piloswine shuddered, but gazed up at me through its overgrown mop of hair.

"How are you, Piloswine?" I asked quietly. Piloswine grunted; I was thankful to hear its voice restored to its former volume.

I patted it gently on the head, and asked carefully, "I know you're probably a bit tired, still, but are you willing to carry me a little while longer?"

Piloswine didn't move, but I could sense its reporachful gaze from under its obscured eyes. After a while, I came to recognize Piloswine's various ways of conveying certain emotions.

"That's alright, Piloswine, I can make it. You deserve a rest anyway. It would be cruel and selfish of me to force you into transporting me," I assured it. Piloswine yawned gratefully. I returned Piloswine to its ball, and found Shellder gazing around, eyes still half-lidded.

"Why, hello there!" I said jovially to it. Shellder turned its sleepy gaze upon me, its eyes opening in glee as it saw me. I picked up Shellder, and set it on the floor.

Shellder, a curious young infant, skipped about wildly, examining all it could. Once or twice, I had to stop it from tasting unfamiliar objects with its long tongue. As Shellder eyed the PC, Nurse Joy returned again, this time bearing my last Pokéball.

"Jynx has recovered fully, but I wouldn't battle with it seriously for a while," Nurse Joy admonished.

"Understood," I responded, and grabbed the ball. I clipped it to my belt, and returned Shellder as well.

"Well, I must be off. Thank you so very much for healing my three Pokémon," I said sincerely.

"Anytime," Nurse Joy beamed, and returned to behind the counter. I pushed the doors back, and looked out. It was getting darker, so if I didn't make it to the cave in time, I'd have to camp out and wait for tomorrow. And, there was the new threat of someone getting there before I did.

I walked down the path that led to Route 114, watching the sun sink lower and lower. I crossed the wooden bridge, where two fishermen were having a largely profanity-based argument. Passing by, I saw a nest of Seviper, sleeping peacefully. Careful not to disturb them, I inched my way up the stone ledges.

When I reached the top of the rocky path, the Seviper below awoke. Their colorful heads swerved in my direction, and they all hissed softly. Uneasy, yet knowing that I was safe at this height, I hurried on. The Seviper group slithered on beneath me, evil red eyes fixed upon me. Now a bit agitated, I grabbed a loose stone near the edge of the path and hurled it a few feet away.

The Seviper turned their heads, and slithered off to the source of the noise. I rounded a corner, and hurriedly made a series of quick turns. Down a ramp a couple of feet ahead, a crevasse spiked along the wall. I ran down the ramp unwillingly, the steepness of it speeding me up. I turned sideways at the bottom, and sidestepped through the crack in the wall.

The cave was tranquil, save for the waterfall crashing into the river beneath it. The river snaked into an area I couldn't see, cutting a curving pattern between the huge walls. The part where I stood, though, wound smoothly to an exit barely visible in the dim lighting in the cave. I walked down the path, fascinated by the alien surroundings. Once I had subdued the Ice Titan, I would quite enjoy exploring this place.

Zubat hung from the ceiling, some of them stirring feebly as night took over the sky. Solrock drifted vaguely about. Some of them hovered into round holes in the wall, and didn't come out. Another interesting mystery for me to unravel; where Solrock slept and how they slept.

Discarding my thoughts for the moment, I found a ridged ledge leading to the exit. I looked around uneasily, searching for an alternative route. There was no other way, sadly; I would have to climb down the ridges. Tentatively, I placed a foot on the water-coated rock.

I stumbled, and fell to the ground. Pain ran up and down my spine as my vertebral column crashed into the rock. Miraculously, I hadn't broken anything. Deciding it would indeed be safer in a crouched position, I eased my foot downward, trying to find a dry patch where my foot would stay.

Eventually, I found a rough indent, and planted my foot there. I slid warily across the stone surface, and slowly onto the next rock. I had to repeat the process several times, but I reached the bottom after a while.

Cursing the natural ladder, I walked out the exit. The sky was darker than ever, bloodred snares of the sun's light blazing feebly across the horizon. I could still make it, though, if I could just reach the sea in the next couple of minutes.

I made my way down the winding path and to the grass far below, and ran rather slowly along the cleared path, making sure I didn't injure myself at this crucial point in my journey. My legs seemed to seize up as I went, but I didn't pay any attention; it was more strange than painful, anyway. Ahead, I saw a path leading to the beach, and more importantly, my final destination.

Gratefully, I made a U-turn and walked onto the shore, heading for the sea. I sifted through the sand, ignoring the feeling of it against my ankles. I reached the sea, seeing the last strands of daylight fading away. Hurriedly, I sent out Dewgong.

"Quickly, Dewgong, I need you to Surf as fast as you can. I'll lead you along the way," I told it. Dewgong barked, and waddled into the water. I pulled up the bottom part of my pants, trying to keep them as dry as possible, and straddled myself over Dewgong's silky fur.

Dewgong set off at high speed, sending sal****er spitting against my face. I narrowed my eyes, trying to keep the burning liquid out. Up ahead, I did see a hulking figure in the distance, jagged stones reaching into the sky from the sand beneath it. This must be the tomb!

"Dewgong, turn to the right!" I instructed, roaring over the sound of flying water. Dewgong howled and acknowledgement, and swerved to the right(soaking my right pant leg in the process). Dewgong's sleek body collided softly with the sand.

I jumped off, and returned Dewgong to its ball. To my surprise, the tomb was already open. I should've expected, that, though, as Flannery had been able to penetrate Registeel's tomb.

I walked in, and found a large statue of ice sittting peacefully in the center of the room. But it was no statue. It was a living being, imprisoned in this tomb. Blades of ice sharpened to perfect points jutted out of the Titan's back. Its eyes were a dull grey, inactive and unneeded at the moment. Blocky, powerful arms sprouted from both sides of its crystalline body. Deadly yet beautiful fingers extended from the arms, skarpened like its back blades. My breath floated upward, clearly visible against the frigid air within the tomb.

This was it, the moment I had been working towards all this time, the goal always hovering on the horizon, just out of my reach. The moment was finally here; Flannery had captured Registeel, now it was my turn to capture the Ice Titan.

~Registeel~

Though sleeping was a welcome feeling, it was punctuated with strange nightmares, each scene melting into a new one......A Pidgey flew across the sky, pursued by Regirock, who was shooting Razor Leaves at it......Brendan sat in the middle of a field, dripping blood and causing earthquakes......The blue-haired reporter danced in front of me while Flannery cut open Kyogre's stomach.....Kyogre changed abruptly into that baby Vulpix, scampering up and down a mountain repeatedly......Vulpix morphed into Regice, who continually hit Flannery's grandfather with a Kyogre wing.....Flannery's grandfather changed into Regirock, and the two came towards me, feet slowly moving across a black oblivion....Then they transformed into Kyogre and Groudon, who opened their mouths, baring black teeth. I turned and ran, but I found myself running into a red sea, where green Snorlaxes swam alongside Brendan, whose head was gone and slowly leaking blood into the water. Then it turned to me and paddled at me, Kyogre's head popping out of its neck.

I awoke instantly, my eyes turning on in a flash. I stared around in alarm, the picture of the bleeding corpse fresh in my mind. Slowly, my mechanical heart slowing to a normal rate, I realized that was the first dream I had had in quite a long time. I wasn't asleep during my imprisonment in that chamber, and I could not physically sleep in the Pokéball device.

I turned to a transparent glass covering in the wall across from an elevated, fabricated rectangle, and found the sun to be sinking slowly. As always, time seemed to increase tenfold as I slumbered. No one was in the room except me, so I took it upon myself to explore. The fabricated prism took up most of the middle of the room, making a sharp U around it.

I extended a hand and pressed down on it. It was pleasantly flexible, and quite soft. I had a hunch that Flannery slept on this, and a good night's sleep it must provide. Intrigued, I continued searching.

Alongside this sleeping area, there was a wooden rectangle, a bit taller but much smaller in perimeter. On it, various items were placed, most unfamiliar to me.

Another rectangle(were humans particularly fond of rectangles? They certainly modeled many of their home conveniences in their shape. Perhaps it was a tradition that I knew nothing of)), this one white and black, sat upon the wooden rectangle.

In the middle of it, rather thin digits were displayed. I recognized them as numbers, though it had been years upon years since I had seen them. The first one was a six, the second a two(ironically), and the third a two as well. Two dots, stacked one upon the other, separated the first number from the second two. I wondered what it meant. Perhaps it was a code that humans communicated by.

Had Flannery left me a message with this number box? As I began to attempt deciphering the numbers, the third number changed from a two to a three. Confused, I studied it carefully.

What had caused this? Did my examination cause the supposed message to change? Very perplexed at this point, I gazed it intently, waiting for some change. I stood completely still, peering at the numbers. Then, just as a minute passed, the three morphed into a four.

Comprehension pulsed through me; this must be some sort of time recorder! Waiting for another minute to pass in my internal clock, I watched the prism closely. Just as I expected, the four became a five as a minute passed. I just stood for a moment, awed at the machine.

It was so complex, but portrayed in such a simple way. Footsteps behind me interrupted my amazement. I turned slowly, and found Flannery coming up the stairs.

She looked surprised to see me awake, but nonetheless said, "Hello Registeel. Sleep well?"

Not really, I responded, linking us together mentally, I had a fair few nightmares while I slept, some truly stranges ones at that. But I do feel quite rejuvenated. I paused for a moment, considering whether I should inquire about her room.

I quickly decided it was worthwhile to keep up with current human technology, and said to her, I have a couple of questions about this room.

Flannery raised her crimson eyebrows, but said, "Alright, shoot."

I gazed at her, puzzled, and inquired, Shoot what? What's happening? Are we under attack? Flannery looked just as puzzled, but she seemed to understand more quickly than I did.

"Oh, well, that's just slang I use," she assured me. This made no sense to me either, but at least it didn't give me a feeling of danger as her previous statement had.

Slang? I asked vacantly.

"Slang's a category of sorts. It generally means modern language, what people my age say," Flannery went on, "Like the word 'wassup'? It's a combination of "What's" and "Up." What's up? means, "What is happening to you or with you right now?" People my age use words like that a lot. 'Shoot', for example, means 'go on,' or 'elaborate.'"

Finally understanding, I responded, Oh, alright. Well....my first question is about this fabricated rectangle. I pointed to the rectangle as I said that.

I've guessed that you sleep upon it. Am I correct in guessing so? I continued. It still felt distinctly awkward to be asking a creature of such little powers questions like this, as though it were my superior, as though it knew what I did not.

It was probably this feeling of inferiority that drove me to understand modern technology, to be able to understand what went on around me as well as a human accustomed to thse luxuries.

"Yeah," Flannery confirmed, "I sleep on that. It's called a bed. The main part of it is called a mattress, which is what gives it its shape. The fabric covering the mattress can be called a lot of things, like sheets, covers, or blankets. The fluffy white thing at the end of it is called a pillow, and it elevates and provides comfort for the head when you're asleep."

My head spun as she explained this machine, if it indeed was a machine. It seemed so simply put together that I rather doubted it was mechanical. I peered over it, reviewing what I had just learned. Such an apparatus made sleeping on the flooring or the ground seem utterly idiotic.

Head still buzzing with this new information, I asked, What is this wooden rectangle, then? I gestured to the rectangle beside the bed device.

"That's what we call a desk," Flannery explained. Her voice was quite patient, but I had a distinct feeling that she enjoyed explaining all of this to me.

"It serves no actual purpose, other than to hold what we want held. I put all sorts of stuff on it, like figurines and tissue boxes," she went on. I assumed figurines were statues, but the word tissue box eluded me.

Ignoring that for the time being, I inquired, Is this little colorless box a timekeeper. The numbers on it seem to change whenever a minute passes.

"Yeah, it is," Flannery said, looking rather impressed at my conclusion, "I guess you know what hours are, then. The first number, the six right now, keeps track of hours. When one hour passes, it moves to the next number. The middle number tracks every ten minutes, so it does the same thing as the hour number. The colon between them separates them, and shows you how many minutes of that hour have passed."

Again, I was impressed at this. It took uncommon skill to replicate a clock, or at least it used to. Nowadays, I suspected, it was common knowledge.

What is it called? I asked.

"A clock," she said simply. I surpressed a great swoop of amusement at this. Here was another imported idea, first formed by Pokémon. Once more, I pondered how humans could've discovered so much about us, and implemented it in such ways.

Suddenly, something strange happened within me. It felt like a sun rising, like a sudden sound in a silent forest. It was the feeling of an alien conscious, one that I knew all too well. It was a familiar one, but I scarcely dared to believe it.

The call was so familiar, as was the mind, but how could it be? Regice had been sealed away long ago, and Mew, Regirock, Groudon, Kyogre, and I were the only living beings that knew where it resided. How had it been freed?

At the moment, though, I ignored my questions, happiness surging through me. My brother was alive and well once more. Radiant happiness resounding from within me, I sent my thoughts far, far away, probing the land for the mind of my long-lost brother.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion
    Last edited by ≈*Virulent Tsunami*≈; 8th November 2005 at 12:20 PM.

Smeargle_artist Guest

My borther was alive and well once more. Radiant happiness resounding from within me, I sent my thoughts far, far away, probing the land for the mind of my long-lost brother.
    WHATS A BORTHER??

the chapter was very good, when pryce found regice, i felt a little nervous. Regice has a jolly nature, and probably will be good with pryce, but I felt nervous anyways...

I wonder if Regice will keep it's jollyness or be cruel to humans? Shellder is probably the cutest pokemon Pryce evr had^^ I can't wait until Regice awakens!Awesome chapter, keep it up!^^

Though sleeping was a welcome feeling, it was punctuated with strange nightmares, each scene melting into a new one......A Pidgey flew across the sky, pursued by Regirock, who was shooting Razor Leaves at it......Brendan sat in the middle of a field, dripping blood and causing earthquakes......The blue-haired reporter danced in front of me while Flannery cut open Kyogre's stomach.....Kyogre changed abruptly into that baby Vulpix, scampering up and down a mountain repeatedly......Vulpix morphed into Regice, who continually hit Flannery's grandfather with a Kyogre wing.....Flannery's grandfather changed into Regirock, and the two came towards me, feet slowly moving across a black oblivion....Then they transformed into Kyogre and Groudon, who opened their mouths, baring black teeth. I turned and ran, but I found myself running into a red sea, where green Snorlaxes swam alongside Brendan, whose head was gone and slowly leaking blood into the water. Then it turned to me and paddled at me, Kyogre's head popping out of its neck.
    I wanted to cite this because it's an excellent depiction of the quality of fluid randomness often possessed by dreams, especially the way dreams segue from one to the next and sometimes carry stray elements of past dreams. Well done.

(were humans particularly fond of rectangles? They certainly modeled many of their home conveniences in their shape. Perhaps it was a tradition that I knew nothing of)
    And this, right here? I read that and was instantly reminded of Elfangor in The Andalite Chronicles, which brought a smile. ^_^

You're doing a great job of keeping that description level up, so kudos for that. That and the fact that we are looking at the imminent return of Regice spark a certainty that this is only going to keep getting better. ^_^
    Last edited by Sike Saner; 8th November 2005 at 6:03 AM.
    DON'T CALL IT A COMEBACK
    (Or do. I don't actually mind.)
    The Origin of Storms | Communication

Spewy05 Guest

Hey this one was pretty good too. I like the dream part. Please post again soon.

Page 11 of 56 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast