Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: At the End of the Fray! (408)

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Pikachu beats a ****ing Metagross? What the hell?

In Masamune's first episode Pikachu couldn't even beat a Beldum! Now it can take down Metagross! WHAT THE HELL!

So Pikachu can all of a sudden take down a super powered Metagross but it loses to a friggin Meowth?!?!?!
    Maybe I should have explained more. Something Swellow did made Ash realise Metagross' weakspot. And so he used Grovyle to attack that weakspot with Bullet Seed, over and over again. Metagross used Meteor Mash to defeat Grovyle, if I recall. Then Pikachu is called out and continues to attack the weak point... it's finally defeated by a Thunder attack at close range, ala Dragonite.

1. Do they show Tetsuya's final match, when he wins the championship?
    Nope. We just go straight to Tetsuya getting the trophy from Mr. Goodshow.

2. Were the closing ceremonies included? Fireworks and the like?
    ...No fireworks, from what I can remember. We just see Tetsuya getting the trophy, Ash saying something, May and Max saying something... and that's pretty much it. And it all takes place in front of Tetsuya getting the throphy. It was actually pretty crappy. We had Glory Day playing in the background too... right before we see the ending. With Glory Day again.

QUOTE]3. Did Masamune and Tetsuya say goodbye to Ash and tell him where they're going?[/QUOTE]

Nope. They didn't say goodbye at all. We didn't have any interaction between Masamune and Ash in this episode apart from Masamune shouting at him in the middle of the episode. Masamune then cries after Ash loses. But in a Torkoaly way, if you get what I mean.

Basically, no farewell or interaction between the three at all after the battle ended.

Just when I thought this couldn't get any worse, they didn't even say goodbye? The writers seriously need to put away the crack pipe.
    ~

If it goes straight to the trophy that might mean Ash got 2nd place. He won two full battles. Pikachu beats a frakking Metagross andhen loses to Meowth. Oh how I hate cats.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
    If it goes straight to the trophy that might mean Ash got 2nd place. He won two full battles. Pikachu beats a frakking Metagross andhen loses to Meowth. Oh how I hate cats.
    ...He can't have won second place. This battle was for the Top 8... the board in which the battles were posted up on had 8 trainers, which included Ash and Tetsuya.

Angry

Spoiler:

Oi this makes this whole league suck.

Some people don't think it's funny that Exit 69 gets off on Big Beaver.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Al
        Spoiler:

Oi this makes this whole league suck.
    Pretty much, yeah. >_>

This was really the only possible outcome given what we knew. The only way they could get away with Ash not going further than in Johto was by having him lose to the overall winner.

Good battles, nice selection of music (I recognised Entei's theme from the third movie and Zapdos's from the second, along with some of the most intense main-series battle themes).

And that shop that TR's employer gave them... I don't blame them for deciding to go back to a life of crime.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

So Satoshi's Pikachu lost to Tetsuya's Nyasu. In the words of one of the 21st century's greatest philosophers...

"D'oh."

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

The writers seriously need to start smoking some better stuff... which would hopefully give them decent ideas for a change ¬_¬

Well what can I say, everything happened as we expected it and Sceptile got completely screwed over in the process, I ain't too pleased about that.

... What a shitty ending to a good region. SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

I can't believe they shortened the league...     Spoiler:
    I'd rather see a kick *** league and not see     Spoiler:
    than this garbage.

*sulk*

now that I think about it... this whole Hoenn arc really is an anti-Jotho...

Jotho started of "meh", became crappy, and ended with a bang... while Hoenn started of with a bang, stayed at that "bang" and dipped to crappy by the Hoenn leauge...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by IMPERIAL DRAGON
    Well what can I say, everything happened as we expected it and Sceptile got completely screwed over in the process, I ain't too pleased about that.
    how exactly was it screwed, i knew somebody was going to say something about it, and i would like to know why you think that.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard
    how exactly was it screwed, i knew somebody was going to say something about it, and i would like to know why you think that.
    Maybe because of what happened in the battle? Remember how Sceptile fired off a Solar Beam, and Glalie fired an Ice Beam? And the two attacks hit eachother and caused a huge explosion?

Seconds into this episode, we see both Scpetile and Glalie on the ground. A Double OHKO.

THAT is how Sceptile is screwed over.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Maybe because of what happened in the battle? Remember how Sceptile fired off a Solar Beam, and Glalie fired an Ice Beam? And the two attacks hit eachother and caused a huge explosion?

Seconds into this episode, we see both Scpetile and Glalie on the ground. A Double OHKO.

THAT is how Sceptile is screwed over.
    Then Glalie deserves praise, not only did he save Grovyle from being slaughted at the hands of it's superior form, but it, Metagross and Torkoal did what i like....KILLED THE OVERLYUSED,SHOVED DOWN OUR THROAT PLANT TYPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Almighty Zard; 17th June 2005 at 4:13 AM.

Wait....some people actually expected them to show Tetsuya's full other matches?

I kind of thought they'd show Tetsuya battling one last pokemon to win the championship, but I knew of course the writers wouldn't make episodes just to show Tetsuya battling.

Still...why couldn't this be a 2 parter? 1 part was just too rushed.

The least they could've done was use some decent animation but alas... althoughtnext weeks looks ok

At least Torkoal got one win but I was hoping for two did he fight good against Hariama?

So Torkoal lost 2(Golduck, Steelix, Harriama) 1 Win (Shiftry) and 1 Draw (Tropius)

At least it got slightly redeemed.

Worst, most stupidly rushed league episode ever. The only thing I really liked about this episode was the Rocket-dan managed to be rather amusing, and of course Nyasu watching the Satoshi/Tetsuya battle. Other than that everything was meh at best. None of the music really stood out to me, and the animation was really bland. The battle was way too rushed and the ending with Pikachu and Nyasu was exactly the same as Bashamo vs Lizardon in Satoshi's battle with Hazuki. Jukain getting screwed over didn't help matters, but it was almost worth it since Onigohri was taken care of too. :P

The closing ceremony was crap as well. Tetsuya gets his trophy and they all just stand around and talk... Not even a short speech from Tetsuya or Tamaranze or anyone. And it just sort of stops right there, with no proper ending or any sort of closure whatsoever. A rip-off if there ever was one.
    ~

Erm Sceptile got completely hammered early on, that's why it got screwed over. Yeah we did expect Metagross to do the most damage but we also expected Sceptile to be portrayed as being on a similar power level. I'm not dissapointed that Glalie took it out (along with itself in the process) though, I was just hoping for some decent battle scenes. And it sorta messes up the whole forshadowing theory...

Quote Originally Posted by Torkoal Stu
    At least Torkoal got one win but I was hoping for two did he fight good against Hariama?
    Nope. Torkoal got pwned. :P Ash commanded a Flamethrower, which was blocked by Hariyama's HUGE hands. Hariyama then walked slowly torwards Torkoal while using what appeared to be Arm Thurst to protect itself from the flame... then it appeared to use an attack I've never seen before to beat Torkoal. The poor guy didn't even land a hit. -_-

Could be Fissure.

Do my ears decieve me, or was there a funked up version of the Rival Theme Tune from G/S/C in there? It sounded a tad different to the one we've heard many times before.

...Oh. I must say the most interesting part of this episode was the preview for the next one XD I really tried hard to find parts of the battle that were enjoyable, but well...
    Psychic looked really awesome, but that was it.

Hariyama crushed its hand into Torkoal like a karate fighter does with a concrete block. That poor thing.. Even its victory against Shiftry didn't impress me that much, because only a few minutes later it was beaten itself. I feel really, really sorry for Torkoal and I hope it gets a second chance in a tournament someday.

Pikachu vs. Meowth was.. good, I guess. A mix of Pikachu vs. Drake's Ditto and Charizard vs. Harrison's Blaziken. I didn't mind the similarity to former battles, but still, I was a little disappointed.

Oh wow, I found something that I liked about this ep...Quite random, but meh.. Max remarked that Ash came to the same place he got in the Johto League, and he sounded really disappointed. I don't know why that made me happy, it's perhaps that Max kind of displayed the feelings of us, the fans, and the fact that the writers knew how we would react makes it look a bit like a "promise" from them that they'll make up for it in the next League.
    Uh.. yeah. Probably I'm just hallucinating XD

Run for your lives.

tumblr - livejournal

Oh well. The League was pretty good in whole, the battle was good.

And next weeks episode seems to be veyr cool, so I can forgive the writers. I'm not really a big fan of the League's.

Alfonso, what did Max and may say?

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro
    Alfonso, what did Max and may say?
    No idea. :P I caught May saying something about Tetsuya though. o_o

Okay, my bad people. >_> Masamune *did* talk to Ash after the Tetsuya battle. However, I am still right about what Tetsuya not having any interaction with Ash after the battle~ They didn't talk. :P Masamune and Ash did, but it was hardly a tearful farewell. -_-

Edit: Jesus. May's eyes look AWFUL closed in the ending scene. >_> And her chest... :0 Pretty bad. -_-
    Last edited by Alfonso; 17th June 2005 at 3:14 PM.

Pikachu v Meowth was the worst match of all. It was basically
    Ash: Pikachu! Thunderbolt!
    Testsuya: Meowth! Thunderbolt!
    *clash! explosion!*
    *repeat with iron tail*

Grovlye v Sceptile would've had more variety of moves than this match did. It was seriously dissapointing

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso
    Edit: Jesus. May's eyes look AWFUL closed in the ending scene. >_> And her chest... :0 Pretty bad. -_-
    Hmm, Pics?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast