Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: At the End of the Fray! (408)

On my tv wb was on the fritz, so i could only see and hear a third of the 2 episodes
    - credit goes to jolteon
    I know a secret....     Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Cipher
    No, no, no. You simply don't understand how comfortable those pads are. Women who wear those jsut can't wait for their next period so they can feel its cushy softness in their pants. Women also enjoy: cooking, cleaning, raising children, and not being able to vote. If only you understood. That commercial's just talking to all the little women out there.
    You tell em cipher<_<

Man this episode and the last one had really poor dubs. So many little mistakes it makes you think that 4kids dubbed this episode after they found out they where losing Pokemon. The Brock saying Solar beam was the major one. But a couple other ones like people saying "Iron Tail again" when it was used for the first time...........

As far as the episode, it gets a big meh imo. It was too rushed and nothing really creative from Ash besides the silly chink in metagross to wear it down. Must have a pair of eagle eyes to notice something that small. Hopefully next year they slow down with the 6 on 6 battles and flesh them out some more instead of a couple hits and down bouts.

I can't help but think they could have made this a couple episodes longer, maybe at the expense of some of those stupid fillers they stick in a little later...
    Diamond Team:

imo, they really made the battles way shorter... Harrison & Ash's battle was 2 episodes long, not only that, but Brock said "Solar beam"... yesh, that was bad...

they really rushed through all the battles... -_- thats not a good thing... especially w/ the last battle for Ash.

I am & will always be the optimist
    The hoper of far-flung hopes
    The dreamer of improbable dreams

Friend Code for Friend Code? --> 0447-6956-0103

They rushed the Hoenn league ending. Kind of a pathetic battle between the two which had alot more potential. LOL at the hyper beam mistake. If Ash substituted he would've won the league. Even if it is his "new journey", he could have done SOME substituting of pokemon in Hoenn besides Ash getting Bulbasaur for a mere episode.

Quote Originally Posted by RaikousThunder
    Ash told it to use Thunder a few times and Meowth countered with Thunderbolt but the announcer said two Thunderbolts were colliding. Is that a mistake or you think its just easier to say two thunderbolts and not thunder and thunderbolt. I honestly thought Pikachu's Thunder whould have over powered Meowth's Thunderbolt, guess it a strong Meowth. A Thunderbolt from a non Electric pokemon matches up from a STABed Thunder.
    I think that was because of how it was being used. Brock said that the Meowth wasn't trying to attack Pikachu, it was using the energy of Thunderbolt around it as a shield to keep Pikachu's electricity from effecting it. Due to this most of Pikachu's power was just getting absorbed or deflected.

Quote Originally Posted by Jikkle
    Man this episode and the last one had really poor dubs. So many little mistakes it makes you think that 4kids dubbed this episode after they found out they where losing Pokemon. The Brock saying Solar beam was the major one. But a couple other ones like people saying "Iron Tail again" when it was used for the first time...........
    I can't remember the wording but I don't think it was said quite that way. I got the impression he was referring to blocking an attack being "again" not the move itself that was being used to block.

<><><>

But yes rushed and not all that interesting. I for one would love to see Katie again, its wierd how fairly little was shown of her character but I like her more as a character than Morrison and Tyson put to together (though the writers did at least give the two some quirks that made them more interesting than they could have been). She had a great voice, look, style and a confident charm that made you like and respect her at the same time.

Even so, Swellow was awesome in this match. I just loved how the announcer and Tyson kept on expressing "Impossible" type lines as Swellow kept on getting up again and again.

<><><>

On another note, I do like it that in an earlier episode the writers did let Oak mention that Ash would have an added advantage if he used his in-storage pokemon, due to their power and being considered rare in Hoenn. It added a bit to it being impressive that Ash made it as far as he did in the Johto league without using his older pokemon.

I really liked this episode. The final battle between Tyson and Ash in the EverGrande tournament. It was so awesome. Too bad Ash's Pikachu lost against Tyson's Meowth In Boots in the final match. I know that Ash has done its best.
    This is the battle Ash and Tyson win or lost:
    Glalie VS Sceptile: Both knocked out
    Torkoal VS Shiftry: Torkoal wins
    Hariyama VS Torkoal: Hariyama wins
    Corphish VS Hariyama: Hariyama wins
    Swellow VS Hariyama: Swellow wins
    Donphan VS Swellow: Swellow wins
    Metagross VS Swellow: Metagross wins
    Grovyle VS Metagross: Metagross wins
    Pikachu VS Metagross: Pikachu wins
    Meowth in Boots VS Pikachu: Meowth in Boots wins

Credits to Arceus Master and Aragornbird of Arkeis.com for my banner, the image
    |My Pokemon games I have now: FireRed, Emerald and Diamond|
    |My 4 top favourite Pokemon characters: Ash, Pikachu, May and Hikari|
    |Bishie: Flareon from Pokemon| Cartoon Bishie: Scooby-Doo|

Here's an interesting debate question: Which early Battle Frontier episodes were the most sacrificial?
    My new Pokemon Fanfic, "The Prodigy Project" has started.

Read the prologue for the Kanto arc HERE

The first proper chapter will be posted in October, shortly after the release of XY.

At least Torkoal and Pikachu finally got some well-deserved wins in this one, after both being quickly KO'd in the other 2 6-on-6 Battles.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Here's an interesting debate question: Which early Battle Frontier episodes were the most sacrificial?
    In favor of a longer League? The Butterfree episode...

Drop that one. Take out some of the prelim battles for Tyson and Morrison. Add Ash's third double battle. Use that extra episode to increase the battles between Tyson and Morrison (Sceptile v. Glalie could use some extra time especially; let Torkoal take more than one hit fgs).
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

It's too bad that Ash ended up losing after all the hard work he's been through in Hoenn, but he and Tyson really did fight a terrific battle in this episode. At least all the Hoenn championship storylines got some terrific closure. I hope we do see Morrison again, he was really entertaining. I do believe we see Team Rocket's manager again, though I could be mistaken. I really liked Meowth in this episode too as he rooted on Tyson's meowth.

Overall, 9/10 and a 8.5/10 for the entire Hoenn championships. Not bad.
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 9/6 (trevanent) NEW!! 9/15
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

I wish Ash would have won though. I hope we see Tyson again but If we never see Morrison again I won't be sad at all
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokemon Fan
    I think that was because of how it was being used. Brock said that the Meowth wasn't trying to attack Pikachu, it was using the energy of Thunderbolt around it as a shield to keep Pikachu's electricity from effecting it. Due to this most of Pikachu's power was just getting absorbed or deflected.
    Ah, Electric attacks, Pokemon's deus ex machina of choice...

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMage
    Most of that spate of episodes featuring a famous Pokemon, but not THE famous one (and no one even remembers meeting, or even owning in some cases, said Pokemon!)
    Diamond Team:

I really liked this battle between Ash and Tyson. Although I wish Ash could have won with all the hard work, drama and improvement Ash has made since he wen to Hoenn. :cries: but you know I really hate the friends and rivals Ash make in the show cause he always ends up losing against them sooner or later. And the opponet ends up losing in the next battle. That just suck! How come Ash won't get a shot at anything at a pokemon master for peeksakes!

My ideal battle ever!

Was this the episode or the last one where Pikachu held on to a Pokemon's head and used Thunder? Exactly how it beat Drake's Dragonite in the Orange League.

Anyway, now I finally see why people've been saying the Hoenn League was rushed... and I agree. It was rushed.

Actually, Ash nearly won. So many close calls... it'd be interesting to actually see someone in the League kick him to the curb, but whatever. First I want to see him get in the top four, or even two (or maybe he should win next time, I dunno).

And the tournament went to a very rushed ending. At least this time Ash knew the winner: Tyson.

7/10.

Yeah, I agree that alot of the battles were rushed, but I've really enjoyed this set of episodes. There is a little problem with the English dub. After Metagross uses Hyper Beam and (I believe it is) Grovyle dodges and it misses, Brock says that it used Solar Beam, and that it needs time to recharge, which is true, but the attack name was wrong. Only something small, highly unimportant...

Do the Robot!

Great battle to finish although I didn't like what Max said at the end of the episode.

What did Max say? i havnt seen the episode before...and im trying to download it but no one is seeding it all i need is this episode and judgement brawl but yeah anyway!!!! what did Max say at the end?

An excellent episode Ash and Tyson Battled very well it was truly intense. Pikachu vs. Meowth was really an intense battle I really got into that one Tyson using electric attacks to counter electric attacks was a nice move. Anyone else catch the mistake Brock made in calling Metagross's Hyperbeam a Solarbeam, it's just one of those small mistakes we all make.Congrats to Ash for making into the best eight of the Hoen League with all those tough matches and close victory's, and congrats to Tyson for winning the whole tournament.
    My Grandmother always said...
    "She who walks the path of heaven will rule over everything"

Mana (4914-3452-1470) (X)
    Gyarados, Octillary, and Azumarill

Great battle. One of the best episodes I've seen. Even though I don't like Tyson. 7/10
    ·.·´Ż`·.·Forum Rules | Signature Rules | FAQ·.·´Ż`·.·

"I love you as the plant that never blooms / but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
    thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance, / risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body..."

(Pablo Neruda, Chilean Poet)

^How can you not like Tyson?! He is one of the best characters the show has had! Great background story to him, great personality, amazing trainer and has pro skills!

I loved this episode! Thanks to some people for seeding the episode for me to see! I can finally post a review of the battle.

This was one of the best battles in the history of Pokémon. Sadly Ash lost, but he could have won if he used his brain and thought of a type advantage against Tyson's Pokémon.

It annoyed me that Ash didn't use any of the type advantages against Tyson because he was to eager to beat Tyson and didn't notice that he could have beaten Tyson with his Pokémon.

The battle between Swellow and the Donphan was one of those silly unrealistic moments were if Ash wasn't the main character, his Swellow wouldn't have stopped Donphan in its Rollout attack, good to build tension with Ash catching up to Tyson in the battle with Ash's Swellow defeating Donphan though.

The Meowth in Boots and Pikachu battle was one a remake of the Blaziken Vs Charizard battle, even though it wasn't as good, it was also a decent battle, good strategy used by Tyson and another Naive moment by Ash. How could he not notice that the Meowth in boots was just draining Pikachu's power and that Pikachu wouldn't have any effect against the Meowth with those Thunder attacks?!

Oh well, Ash eventually lost because Pikachu threw in the towel, and Tyson ended up winning, not only the battle but the whole league too. I guess that makes up for Ash losing and he did Lose to the winner of the tournament after all.

8.9/10
    Proud Member Of The The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club! ( Co-Owner )
    Join The New Zealand Pokemon Fan Club!

[IMG]http://i4.*******.com/81jbbqx.png[/IMG]
    Credit Goes To Knight_Ram For This Trainer Card.

Xbox360 - Gamertag - Taniwha Ranger

I think Ash really could have won against Tyson if he had done the following:

- After Torkoal got KO'ed by Hariyama, Ash immediately should have sent out Swellow instead of Corphish. This way, he could have saved it against the fight with Metagross (or possibly Donphan). Corphish couldn't KO Hariyama in the past, so I dunno what made Ash think it could have done so on a repeat performance; OR

- Ash should have kept Grovyle Bullet Seeding Tyson's Metagross's weak spot. I really think they could have won that battle with the use of Bullet Seeding. Metagross WAS about to blow up with the continuous barrage of seeds.

Pikachu was partly tired after taking down Metagross using a full-powered Thunder just before it faced Meowth. So I think that's why it couldn't stand up near the end. Meh, it's all history now. But I think Ash really could have won against Tyson. The boy still has a lot to learn...
    [IMG]http://i32.*******.com/1zg6tdu.jpg[/IMG]
    THE POWER IS ON!

PSSSBMQ clan member with MistyMix89, Cap D. Blue, Chelc, and EXP:282

Tyson's Meowth got support from TR's Meowth. Too strange!

Oh man, Meowth in boots was so cool! ^_^ I felt that the battle moved really quick (Shiftry vs Torkoal, Hariyama vs Torkoal, Hariyama vs Corphish, Hariyama vs Swellow, Donphan vs Swellow, Metagross vs Swellow, Metagross vs Grovyle, Metagross vs Pikachu...) Then Meowth in Boots vs Pikachu! That was so cool! ^_^

... All that in half an hour? Dang! Tyson's Hariyama and Metagross were pretty good o_o And Ash's Swellow was great! I really liked this episode! Very fast-paced, and it looks like Tyson won the Hoenn League. Good on him!
    lord freeza i really need to use the space skype

Ash Vs Tyson was great but was exactly as in the Johto league as everyone said. The writes could have thought of something new to happen meaning where Ash loses still but not like in the Johto League.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast