Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: At the End of the Fray! (408)

When I saw Meowth getting sent out to fight Pikachu, I thought Pikachu would win. I was sad that Ash lost his battle and that he came in the Top 8 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillachu View Post
    Tyson's Meowth was so freaking underwhelming, though.
    I didn't like that he defeated Pikachu, but seeing him go head to head with him was still cool, especially when he used Thunderbolt. Team Rocket's Meowth cheering for him was cute as well. ^^

Tyson's DEM Meowth winning the six-on-six match wasn't even the worst part. It was the rushed Ever Grande League closing ceremony that was the worst thing about this episode. What a mess.

I was so proud of the way Satoshi's Ohsubame defeated Tetsuya's Hariteyama and Donfan back-to-back, and Pikachu versus Nyasu was amazing since we got to see the Rocket-dan's Nyasu set his pride aside to cheer for his fellow Nyasu. Masamune crying out of excitement made me chuckle, and I liked the Houen League's closing ceremony.

The Hoenn League offered us a mediocre Tyson match, but all the other battles were fantastic. It was kinda great to see that the writers were improving each League from the last.

Quote Originally Posted by Alloutℯ View Post
    The Hoenn League offered us a mediocre Tyson match, but all the other battles were fantastic.
    I didn't think that Satoshi versus Tetsuya was bad. Every match of their six-on-six battle flowed well, and Satoshi displayed his knack for observing his opponent's weaknesses and exploiting them, as seen when he took advantage of the crack in Metagross's steel body. This battle was written well.

This was an incredible episode, I was rooting for Ash all the way but sadly he couldn't quite make it. He should have done though in my opinion.

It was funny to see Team Rocket get their comeuppance after returning to their devious ways. I wonder what happened to Cassidy and Butch, I haven't seen them for ages, apart from in the Chronicles series.
    Sun / OR / Y Friend Code: 2595-4852-2744

Quote Originally Posted by Zamin View Post
    It was funny to see Team Rocket get their comeuppance after returning to their devious ways.
    Honestly, Musashi and Kojirou deserved what they got for attempting to steal the Monster Balls. Not only did they take advantage of their employer's trust, but they ditched their work duties to pull off the theft, which ironically enough was what caught their boss's attention. Seeing them get sent flying with a punch made me chuckle.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678