Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: My first fic (contestshipping)

Hey this good! your doing really well, but just try to slow down a bit and be a bit more descriptive. other than that its exelent.
    btw can u put me on the PM list?
    Gamer, film fanatic, wannabe animator, concept artist and 3D environment artist, and general nerd

All contestshippers must go here. And if your not a contestshipper go here anyway.

Ok, the PM list:
    MiniMinun
    Sweet_May
    WindyNight
    MayShuuFan
    shuuharu hiwatari
    BeAuTiFuL mAy
    lara lynx

Rated PG:

Chapter 8: Wandy and the Double Contest Ribbon!

May, Max, and Drew walked through the streets of Wandy City. One thing was on their minds: get the contest pass for the Sandi Region and win the Wandy Contest Ribbon.

May looked at the shops as the walked down the street. Castform jumped up and down on her shoulder. “Castform, I bet this is your first time in a city, huh?”

Castform nodded.

“Just don’t run off anywhere, OK?” May told it. She had to admit, it was tempting to break away from the group and rush into a store to check if there are any sales.

“Up ahead: the Wandy Contest!” Drew read a sign and looked up.

The contest hall was huge. The door was small in comparison to the enormous Ribbon replica over it.
    The trio walked through the glass automatic doors to enter a building that looked even bigger on the inside. The floors were made of marble, and the lights on the oh-so-high ceiling made them shine as you walked over. There was a lady with light brown hair tucked neatly into a tight bun at the back of her head and green eyes. She noticed the group as they walked in.

“Hello, can I help you?” She asked.

“I’d like to sign up for a Contest Pass,” Drew said.

“’I’d?’” May asked. “Don’t forget me!”

“I just need you two to fill out these forms,” the lady said, handing them both a sheet of paper.
    “Alright, I have you two registered together for the contest as well,” she said. She took the newly printed cards and handed them to May and Drew. May put it in her bag and Drew tucked it into a pocket on the inside of his jacket.

“The contest is tomorrow, 3 o’ clock PM, sharp,” she informed them. “I wish you luck!” She handed them the Sandi Contest Rulebook. “Read it carefully!’

The trio sat on a bench outside the Contest Hall and Max began to read the book.

“Introduction

Welcome to the Sandi region, a region hidden in the deserts of Orre with all contest; no gyms! If you were lucky enough to find the door, well, you should be reading this book!

New Stuff:
    Anyway, certain things are different than in Houen.

-In Sandi, you must use two Pokemon for both appeals and battling. You can:
    a. Challenge by yourself and use two Pokemon
    b. Partner up and use one Pokemon each
    -Unlike Houen, contests are held each week, so if you miss one, it won’t be long for the next one!
    -You must have a Valid Contest Pass.
    -You may not try to talk the judges into giving you a higher than fair score.
    -You may not cheat or steal to win the Contest, otherwise your Contest Pass will be taken away and the runner-up will be declared the winner.

Remember To…

-Acknowledge the crowd after their applause.
    -Bow or curtsy.
    -Make your voice loud and clear.
    -Have fun!”

“Uh, that wasn’t very long,” May commented. “I hope the lady registered us as partners.”

“She did, because she registered you two TOGETHER,” Max said loudly.

“Shouldn’t we practice?” May asked, ignoring her brother’s sarcasm.

“Finally, you realize what we need to do! It didn’t have to take longer than 2 minutes, you know,” he taunted.

“Very funny,” May pouted, getting up.
    “Welcome to this week’s Wandy Contest!” shouted a teenage girl with brown hair in two braids and blue eyes that sparkled. She was holding a microphone. “I’m Lola, and I’m your host for this week’s contest. Let’s started with appeals! First up, we have Kevin and Samantha!”

A boy with brown hair hidden under a cowboy hat sent out his Vileplume. His partner, a blonde-haired girl also with a cowboy hat sent out her Sneasel.

“Wait, something seems familiar about those two,” May said, watching everything from the TV screen in the living room.

Vileplume spinned and sent out several razor-sharp leaves towards Sneasel, who fired an icy breeze at the leaves, freezing them. Then it slashed them to bit, creating shimmering bit of ice falling to the ground. The spectators applauded and the duo received their score.

“9.5,” the first judge scored. “The Ice and Grass attack combo was lovely!”

“8.9,” the second one scored. “It was a little too simple.”

“9.8,” Nurse Joy scored. “Very interesting and beautiful!”

“That’s a total of 28.2 points! A very good score!” Lola announced.
    “Next we have…May and Drew!” Lola exclaimed.

“Go, Castform!” May shouted after her signature “contest-send-out-Pokemon-spin.”

“Come out, Kirlia!”

Castform used Sunny Day and Weather Ball. Kirlia used Psychic to keep them still in the air. Then Castform switched to its rainy theme and sent out a water-type Weather Ball. Kirlia made the balls form a ring and Castform flied through before the Weather Balls slammed into each other, creating a cloud of steam. When the cloud cleared, Kirlia and May curtsied while Drew and Castform bowed. The crowd went wild.

Lola clapped too. “Now, for the judging!”

“9.6. The appeal kept me hooked and the finish was neat!”

“9.2. The idea was original and creative.”

“9.5. The Weather Balls were handled very well!”

“That is a high, well-earned total of 28.3 points!” Lola declared.
    Lola came back on the screen. “The teams that advanced are Kyle and Mica, Sis and Bro, Kevin and Samantha, and…”

May held her breath.

“May and Drew. Congratulations! “

May relaxed and sighed.

Drew flicked his hair. “You didn’t need to be so worried, thanks to me, we got to the next round.”

“Oh, sure, Kirlia can use Weather Ball,” May said sarcastically. “You don’t have to-“

Drew tossed her a rose. “Just wait for the pairings. No point in starting an argument.”

May sighed. It always seemed that the roses made her feel serene and removed her anger.

“First we have Kyle and Mica against Drew and May!”
    “Go, Nuzleaf!” Kyle said.

“Go, Lombre!” said Mica.

“Come out, Kirlia!”

“Castform, take the stage!”

“I can already see where this shall end. Nuzleaf, use Pursuit on Kirlia!”

“Castform, Sunny Day, then Weather Ball!”

Nuzleaf charged at Kirlia to use the Dark attack, but Castform was too quick. The fireball scorched Nuzleaf to a crisp, knocking it out at Kirlia’s feet.

“Kyle’s Nuzleaf is down! Will Mica and her Lombre avenge her partner?”Lola said.

“Of course I will!” Mica shouted. “Lombre, Water Gun on Castform!”

“Kirlia, send it back!” Drew commanded.

Kirlia used her psychic power and stopped the Water Gun to turn it around. Although Lombre was barely hurt, their bar dropped by 10%.

“Lombre, use Growl, then follow with Secret Power!”

Lombre let out a growl, frightening Castform and Kirlia into being unable to move. The Secret Power became a strength attack on Castform. It struck heavily and paralyzed Castform, making May and Drew’s bar drop by 20%.

One minute was left on the clock.

Castform was unable to move.

“Kirlia, Thunderbolt!”

May looked up in surprise. “Kirlia use Thunderbolt?”

Lola was equally as surprised. “Looks like things may turn around in the remaining 45 seconds!”

However, Kirlia has not perfected the electric move yet. It managed to charge some electricity, but it released nothing. It tried again, determined not to let down its friends.

“30 seconds left!” Lola said, jumping with excitement.

“You can do it, Kirlia!” Drew told the struggling humanoid Pokemon.

With Drew giving her a boost of confidence, Kirlia released ALL the energy it charged. Lombre wasn’t completely dazed, but its bar was reduced to 60%.

A buzzer sounded, startling everyone, including the crowd.

“May and Drew are the winners!” Lola declared!

The crowd went wild with applause.

Kyle and Mica glared at each other and started to squabble.
    The finalists have emerged!” said Lola. “Now it’s the intense battle between May and Drew against Kevin and Samantha!”

The coordinators sent out their Pokemon and began the final face-off.

“Kirlia, use Psychic on Vileplume and knock it into Sneasel!” Drew commanded.

“Sneasel, jump up!” Samantha said.

But Kirlia was too quick. Vileplume was way heavier than Sneasel, so Sneasel was immediately down after being crushed by a creature twice its size.

Drew flicked his hair. “That was too easy.”

Vileplume took damage as well as the bar dropping down by about 25%.

“Vileplume, Razor Leaf!”

“Kirlia, send them back with Psychic!”

“Acid, now!”

Vileplume sent out its leaves, and Kirlia sent them back with ease, but then Vileplume used its Acid, protecting itself from the leaves as well as hitting Kirlia.

“Finish Kirlia off with one more Razor Leaf!”

“Oh, I’m supposed to be left out?” May complained. “Castform, we’ve been warming the bench too long! Sunny Day before the Weather Ball!’

Castform re-transformed into its Fire Form and quickly collected heat to cast the hot ball. The ball burned the leaves and smacked one of Vileplume’s petals on its head, knocking it over and out!

Lola danced around. “The winners of this match and contest are May and Drew! Congrats for all your hard work and you hard wins!”

Kevin and Samantha were enraged. “That ribbon won’t be THAT easy to win.”

“What do you mean? We won it fair and square!” May said.

Kevin and Samantha pulled off their clothes to reveal…

“Kent and Sam! I thought something was fishy!” May said.

“Get ready for-“ Kent started.

“Oh, who cares about that, we’ll be having a great time with our new win!” Kent revealed a net with the contest ribbons in it.

“Give those ribbons back,” Lola pleaded.

“Castform, Weather Ball!” May commanded.

Castform launched the balls of fire, but Kent and Sam kept dodging.

“Kirlia, use Psychic to hold them still!”

The Weather Ball struck, making Kent drop the ribbons.

“Finish it off with a Thunderbolt!” Drew commanded.

Kirlia electrified the evil duo with ease, sending them blasting through a hole in the ceiling that they created on their way out.

Lola strutted over to give the ribbons to May and Drew. “Congratulations again!”

The audience erupted into one more session of applause as May and Drew received their ribbons.

Of course the ribbons had their usual gold clasp, but it was also light green with silver edges.

May and Drew put it into their ribbon cases with their Phenac Colosseum ribbon.
    “Max, where’s our next destination?” Drew asked.

“Well, to get to our next contest, we need to go through Kappa River, next Numel Ranch, then Wilo Forest, and finally we’ll get to kick butt in Mariana Town, home of Prince Ruby.”

“Mariana Town, here we come!” May said.

See you later!

-Skitty Nyah nya!
    Last edited by Xiang; 23rd June 2005 at 10:05 PM.
    My tumblr or something: x

Miss Priss Guest

I liked it! I could imagine all the appeals, the whole partnering up for a contest is really original, and I didn't catch any spelling or grammar mistakes either. Good job!
    Jade~

oooooooooooooooooo i read da chapter and it was great................. can't wait 4 chapter 9^ ^

ONOMNOMNOM

Gif Credit | Amourshipping Contestshipping | Uta☆Pri fan

Play Shippers' Truth or Dare game with us!

I think this was my best chapter yet, took a whole day!

Coming up in Chapter 9: Psyduck and the Rain Dance! Save Kappa River!
        Spoiler:

-Skitty

YAY OVER 50 POSTS!!
    Last edited by Xiang; 23rd June 2005 at 10:27 PM.

Great chappie! although, I can't agree with beautiful may on the originality of the "pairing up" I've seen that in a lot of old fanfictions, but this is the first time I've seen that plotfor a long time! Oh, by the way, excuse this, but I must point out how funny this is. Castform re-transformed into it's fire-form sorry, but I'd call that overuse of the word form, though I guess I can't blame you, for I can't think of a synonym, but oh well. *I may point that out a lot, so if it gets annoying or old, tell me* Anyway, I like how you cut the motto's short. *they're kinda boring* Team Gem seems much less attached to thier motto compared to Team Rocket LOL. The only mistakes I saw were a few *very* minor spelling/grammar mistakes. Otherwise, this was a great chappie, and I can see why you rushed though the 7th eppie to get to this one!--whew that must've been my longest review yet!
    -MiniMinun
    Last edited by Rider; 24th June 2005 at 5:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMinun
    Great chappie! although, I can't agree with beautiful may on the originality of the "pairing up" I've seen that in a lot of old fanfictions, but this is the first time I've seen that plotfor a long time! Oh, by the way, excuse this, but I must point out how funny this is. Castform re-transformed into it's fire-form sorry, but I'd call that overuse of the word form, though I guess I can't blame you, for I can't think of a synonym, but oh well. *I may point that out a lot, so if it gets annoying or old, tell me* Anyway, I like how you cut the motto's short. *they're kinda boring* Team Gem seems much less attached to thier motto compared to Team Rocket LOL. The only mistakes I saw were a few *very* minor spelling/grammar mistakes. Otherwise, this was a great chappie, and I can see why you rushed though the 7th eppie to get to this one!--whew that must've been my longest review yet!
    -MiniMinun
    the forms: I have to admit, you're right! I could've used morphed instead of re-transformed. (Oh yeah, since I'm quoting this, I'm learning how to underline!) Gotta watch out for that. O.O; No, its not annoying, it'll probably improve my writing. *somehow*

Team Gem? I think you mean team Snagem. It's OK, you probably review a lot of stories!

I'm glad you understand.

Next chappie by tomorrow, I have a life! ^_^; NO, I'm not implying that you said I didn't! See ya!

-Skitty

Cool chappie pichu gurl. I guessed that Kevin and Samantha were Kent and Sam....it's weird it's easy to spot when the bad guys are disguised....how can they not tell. Anyway nice chappie and update soon.
    Claiming is overrated, can be fun sometimes but others silly. I only claimed Henry Cavill as no one really knows him.

Oh yeah and i'm paired up with the cool Chuboy.

Claimed Henry Cavill on the Celebrity Claiming thread...he's all mine muh ha ha ha ha...^^;.

Alrighty, next chappie rated PG as always!

Chapter 9: Psyduck and the Rain Dance! Save Kappa River!

“May, will you stop looking at your ribbon case and focus on watching where you’re going?” Max asked his sister.

May looked from examining her latest win at the Wandy Contest Hall and stopped. She has almost walked right into a tree after being separated from the group. She ran back into the last forked road and took the second path. She panted as she caught up to Max and Drew. “Sorry. How far are we from Kappa River?”

Max turned on the PokeNav. “It’s just up ahead.”

“Then what are we waiting for?” May darted down the path and skidded to a stop at the bank of the river. “Huh?” She looked down at the river. It was empty except for a small trickle of water running through the middle, in between tiny rocks. Psyducks laid about here and there.

Drew and Max caught up.

“Where’s all the water?” Max said, gaping at the minute bit of water flowing through.

“I don’t know!” May said.

“Hm,” Drew said. “Psyducks live in water, and since there’s no water around, they could be dying. The only way to save them is to get the river full and running again.” He flicked his hair. “Too bad that this is their problem. Let’s go.”

“Drew, we have to help the poor things,” May said as Drew pulled them along. Drew had pulled them across the dry river.

Suddenly, the Psyducks came alive (of course, they weren’t dead, just asleep). They jumped up and quickly dashed at an impressive speed (for a Psyduck) in front of Drew.

“They’re blocking the way!” Max cried.

“Drew, I think they want us to help,” May told him.

Drew hesitated. The Psyducks stood their ground and stared at the trio. “Fine we’ll help. But they have to let us through if we do.” The Psyducks nodded, except a little one. The bigger ones next to it glared at it and one of them slapped it on the head. It cried as it finally nodded.

Castform, asleep on May’s shoulder, woke up and glared at the big Psyduck who slapped the little one. It shouted at it, and the Psyduck flinched after each word.

“Castform can use Rain Dance!” Max yelled. “Then the river would fill up again if it rained!”

“That’s a great idea! Castform, give us a good Rain Dance!”

Castform jumped off May’s shoulder shot a blue sphere at the sky. Rain started to fall down, but then it became sunny again.

“Cast?” The Pokemon shouted in confusion as it landed on May’s shoulder.

“Try again,” May said.

Once again after a short shower, it became sunny again.

Castform panted in exhaustion after the attempt. The trickle of water didn’t get any bigger.

“I wonder what’s going on?” May looked at the sky. It seemed normal.

The Psyduck didn’t seem happy. The little one, bored, wandered off and let out a cry.

“Oh no, what now?”

Everyone ran to where the sound came from.

A Nuzleaf towered over the tiny, helpless Psyduck. Psyduck was curled up on the ground, shivering in fright.

Max had an idea. “Nuzleaf can use Sunny Day! All this time, whenever it rained, it used Sunny Day to make it sunny again, so it never rained enough to keep the river going!”

May looked at the Nuzleaf. “No wonder the Rain Dances didn’t work!”

Nuzleaf stared down at Psyduck and pointed at the bigger one that had slapped it earlier. “Nuz, nuzleaf!” It said.

The Psyduck nodded. It had to protect the smaller one.

“Nuzleaf has challenged Psyduck to a battle!” Drew said.

Nuzleaf led everyone, including the spectators to an open clearing. It ran to the other side.

The battle began.

Nuzleaf started with a Bullet Seed and scored a direct hit. Psyduck had to recover from this weak but super effective attack, leaving it a sitting Psyduck, open for attack. Nuzleaf followed with a Pound attack on the head. Psyduck, having its head hit, screamed in pain as its headache made it suffer even more. Its eyes glowed.

“What’s happening?” May asked.

“If Psyduck’s headache reaches a bursting point, it can use a really powerful Psychic. But Nuzleaf’s a Dark type as well as a Grass type, so Psyducks Water and Psychic attacks won’t do any good. Even worse, Nuzleaf’s special ability makes it extra fast under the sun.”

Nuzleaf laughed as the Psychic attack didn’t affect it. The Psyduck, exhausted, fainted.

The entire gaggle of Psyduck gasped.

Nuzleaf cackled and challenged another Psyduck to a battle. The Psyduck nervously backed away. Then the little duck challenged the Nuzleaf to a battle. Nuzleaf cackled again and accepted.

Nuzleaf used Bullet Seed, but because of its small size, Psyduck dodged with ease. Nuzleaf tried a Razor Wind, and it hit, not directly. Psyduck tripped and fell flat on its face. Nuzleaf then used Bullet Seed, further damaging the duck. Psyduck slowly got up and started to glow.

It grew taller, its head changed shape, its short and stubby arms stretched, and its flat feet grew legs and became webbed. It became skinnier as its beak grew longer and more slender. The glowing faded as its evolved form emerged.

“It evolved into a Golduck!” Max shouted.

Golduck stared down at the now-smaller-than-him Nuzleaf. Nuzleaf nervously backed away.

Golduck charged towards Nuzleaf and used its Fury Swipes to stun it. Sure enough, Nuzleaf fell back, dazed. Then Golduck crossed it arms and attacked again with Cross Chop. It scored a super effective, direct, and painful hit on an already stunned Nuzleaf. Nuzleaf was knocked out.

The Psyducks went wild with excitement. Everyone followed the Golduck back to the river. It lifted its majestic beak and shot a blue sphere a the sky.

“Golduck is using Rain Dance!” May said.

Splat. An enormous raindrop fell on the ground. Soon, many others joined it. The river was refilling.
    “I guess we should be going now,” May said. The Psyducks had finally let them go through.

“Wait,” Drew said. “Golduck, I challenge you to a battle.”

Golduck nodded.

“Go, Roselia!”

“Roll!”

“Use Stun Spore!”

Roselia did a little ballet twirl, then released the gold powder out of its two roses.

Golduck tried to dodge, but the wind blew the attack right into it. It fell into the river, paralyzed.

“Hit him with Magical Leaf!”

Roselia shot many rainbow-colored leaves at the sitting duck. It struck at Golduck’s weak spot: under its beak. Golduck fell onto dry land.

Drew tossed a Net Ball. Golduck tried to escape, but it couldn’t move. The ball wiggled as Golduck tried its best to escape. The Pokeball stopped wiggling as Golduck surrendered.

Drew sent out his new catch to say a final goodbye to the Psyduck.

“Gold,” it waved its webbed hands and Drew recalled it.

Max looked at his PokeNav. “Numel Ranch is next in line.”

“Well, the sooner we get there, the better!” May said. Castform nodded in agreement.

“Cast!”

I know, Drew seemed too heartless, oh well, had to make them find out that they couldn't leave just yet.

Chapter 10: Camerupt and Miltank! Cow Feud!
        Spoiler:

-Skitty

WindyNight Guest

Oh my god, I don't know what to say...You are such a fast writer, pichu_gurl...
    Great chapter...^^

nice chappie.............. can't wait 4 da next 1^ ^

ONOMNOMNOM

Lol, yay, a battle for the pokemon! lol. anyway, that was great, and I didn't see any word problems either! though I seem to have forgotten the more detailed image of psyduck due to lack of seeing the image in the anime. I'll have to check that out! also, good description on the psyduck golduck evolution. I think thats the first time I've seen an evolution in a Fanfiction...or, maybe thats just me not really thinking about it....and yes, I meant Snagem, not gem, sorry!
    -MiniMinun

That little Psyduck was so brave to fight Nuzleaf and it evolved! What luck that Psyduck must of had in the end. Drew's got a new Pokemon but it's not really suitible for contests is it. Anyway update soon.
    Claiming is overrated, can be fun sometimes but others silly. I only claimed Henry Cavill as no one really knows him.

Claimed Henry Cavill on the Celebrity Claiming thread...he's all mine muh ha ha ha ha...^^;.

Quote Originally Posted by MayShuufan
    That little Psyduck was so brave to fight Nuzleaf and it evolved! What luck that Psyduck must of had in the end. Drew's got a new Pokemon but it's not really suitible for contests is it. Anyway update soon.
    Well, I'll try to make Golduck a good contest Pokemon, but its going to require several trips to the Pokedex.

This next chapter's going to take a while to type, because of making the new Pokemon. (Puh, I should've done that before. )

I think I made the Psyducks a little too smart. Or I think that because the only Psyduck I know is Misty's and hers is an idi*t, so I don't have much reference.

OK, see you soon!
    -Skitty

Alrighty, next chappie! GAAH, another double post!

I know, waiting for this chapter wasn't exactly worth it, I'm sorry. But the next chapter (after this one) will make up for it!

PG, people, PG.

Chapter 10: Camerupt and Miltank! Cow Feud!

“Wow, what a beautiful day it is today!” May said as they walked along the road. “We should have a lunch break now, don’t you think?”

“Cast!” Castform agreed.

Max sweat dropped. “Uh, sis, I have to tell you something.”

May did not like the sound of his voice. “What is it?”

“I left our lunch behind at the river,” he said sheepishly. He quickly put his arms over his head. “I didn’t mean to!”

May slowly turned to face him. “Do. You. Think. I’m. Going. To. Go. All. The. Way. Back. There?”

“Don’t hurt me!” Max felt like sinking into the ground.

May sighed. “Guess we’ll have to move on.”

Max looked up after expecting to be pounded on the head. “Huh?” He loosened his arms.

May quickly took this chance to whack him repeatedly.

Drew sweat dropped as he watched from a distance.
    “Humph. My brother’s so smart, he can’t remember to bring our lunch with us!” May was walking on the right side of Drew, arms crossed and fuming and all.

“Humph. My sister’s so mean. I never really meant it. I even apologized, and she buffets me on the head.” Max was walking on the left side of Drew, rubbing his head and muttering and all.

Drew broke the silence that came afterwards. “Look!” He pointed to a strange looking, small Miltank.

“What’s that?” May pulled out her Pokedex.

“Calspurt, the Calf Pokemon. Calspurt is the pre-evolved form of Miltank. When separated from its mother, Calspurt rings the bell on its tail.”

Calspurt looked very similar to a Miltank, except that it was MUCH skinnier, and it didn’t have the black “hood” on its head that Miltank did. It looked quite like a lamb with no fleece. It rang its tail.

“Call!” It howled.

“Whoa! Calspurt!” A man in a hat and a bandana ran over with his Mightyena. “You broke out of the pen again!”

Mightyena chased it behind a gate and the man locked it. “Who are you fellers?”

“I’m Max, and this is Drew,” said Max.

“I’m May and this is Castform on my shoulder,” she said, glaring at her brother. Then her stomach growled. She blushed. “Oops!”

“You young ‘uns must be real hungry. Why dontcha come over to our place?”
    “Wow!” May looked at their table. There were noodles, chicken, salad, cheese, tomatoes, eggs, toast, and milk. The tablecloth was red and white and checkered. “You have all this food?”

The farmer laughed. “Yes. I love cooking, but I’m the only one except for my daughter that can eat it. Not many folks around here. Go ahead and dig in! Oh, by the way, I’m Fred.”

May didn’t waste a second. She took a chair and finished her bowl in less then ten seconds. Castform flew to another bowl and gobbled the food up just as quickly.

Drew whispered to Max. “Does your sister like food that much?”

“Yeah,” he whispered back. “Even my mom can’t keep up with her. Well, we’re not going to keep our stomachs empty are we?” Max said, taking another seat.

Drew took a seat between May and Max and picked up his fork. He wasn’t exactly one for food.

A preteen girl with scarlet hair in one braid walked into the room and hid behind Fred. “Papa, who are they?”

“They’re hungry travelers.”

“Don’t tell me you cooked too much again!” the girl scolded. She took a seat across from Max. “Hi, I’m April.”

“I’m Max, this is my sister, May, her boyfriend Drew, and her Castform,” Max said.

May quickly got up from her chair and stuffed a bagel into his mouth. “How many times do I have to tell you? So, April, what do you do around here?”

April sighed. Her happy green eyes lost its spark. “Everyday, it’s the same. I go outside, feed my third of the barn, milk the Miltank, lead them and the Calspurt to the water, bring them back and train with Calcium, my Calspurt. I can’t take care of Camerupt because Papa says she’s too dangerous.”

“Well, we knew that from experience,” May said, remembering the time Ash battled one and it erupted.

“Hey, when you’re finished with lunch, you can meet Calcium and Numb, my Numel!”
    “Numb! Calcium!” April cupped her hands near her mouth and shouted again.

The two calf Pokemon came running towards April and Numb knocked her over with a very gentle and friendly Tackle.

“Hey, Numb!” April scolded it. She tried to sound serious but ended up laughing. “OK, are you ready to show my new friends what you can do?”

The calves nodded.

First was Calcium. She curled into a ball and rolled around in a figure eight. Numb, determined to do better than his playmate, shot an Ember at the sky. It looked like a fountain of fire.

“Wow. You’re pretty good,” Drew said.

“You really think so?”

“I do too,” May said.

“Form!” Castform cried happily, jumping up and down on May’s shoulder.

“I triple that,” Max added.

“Wow, I thought I needed a lot more practice just to get somebody’s attention!” April exclaimed. “What do you say one of you have a battle with me?”

Drew flicked his hair. “I’m a little too hard. May should be in your level.”

“That’s alright, I need a challenge. I guess I’ll battle May first anyway,” April said. She led them to a battlefield. “We never used it before, so it should be as good as new!”

“This may be my first battle, but I don’t need anyone to go easy on me!” April told May from across the field.

“That’s fine by me. I’m going to give it my best!” May said back.

Fred, the referee, shouted, “Begin the battle!”

“Go, Castform!”

Castform shot up from her shoulder and prepared for battle.

“Calcium, you’re first!”

Calcium rolled forward and faced Castform.

“Use Rollout, Calcium!” April said confidently.

“Quickly, Castform, dodge it!” May said.

Castform quickly floated to the right as Calcium rolled by.

“Castform, Sunny Day!”

Castform launched a orange sphere at the sky. The sun shone brighter, blinding Calcium and bringing the rolling Pokemon to a halt. Calcium covered its eyes.

“Now use Weather Ball!”

Castform sucked up some of the heat and fired it at a curled up Calspurt. Luckily, Calcium’s back was tougher than its front, cutting the damage in half with its Thick Fat ability.

“Calcium, use Body Slam!”

Calcium rolled towards Castform. At the last moment, it uncurled itself and slammed into Castform. They landed on the ground. Calcium got off Castform. Castform slowly floated up and fell back down to the ground.

“Castform is unable to battle, so Calcium wins! The victory goes to April!” Fred announced.

May picked her Castform up. “Castform, you did great.”

“Castform!” the Pokemon said weakly. May placed it on her shoulder.

April scampered over. “May, is Castform alright?”

“Castform is fine,” May said, standing up. “That was a great battle, April you were great.”

April’s sparkling green eyes widened. “You mean it?”

May nodded and held out her hand.

April put out her hand into May’s and shook it.

“Castform and the rest of y’all would feel much better after a picnic, dontcha think?” Fred said.
    April set a picnic down on their tablecloth, which was laid in the middle of the pasture. Mareep, Numel, Camerupt, Calspurts, and Miltanks were spread out all over the field in clusters, contently munching the grass. April then opened the basket and pulled out a jar of pickles, carrots, a watermelon, ham and cheese sandwiches, and many bottles of Camerupt and Miltank milk.

May gasped at the amount of food that was laid out. She fell onto her knees and scuttled to the tablecloth. Max did the same, only he walked over. Drew sweatdropped as everyone except him ate to their hearts content. He sighed as he sat down and grabbed the last sandwich. He made a dull face as he bit into it. Suddenly, Drew bit into it repeatedly, which was amazing due to his lack of interest of eating big.

“Wow, this is good!” He bit into it again.

“Glad you like it, Drew. The cheese is made from my livestock’s milk,” Fred said, reaching for the jar of pickles.

April laughed and blocked his arm. “No pickles yet, Daddy, you haven’t ate your carrots!”

Fred pretended to cry. “She won’t let me eat a pickle!”

Everyone laughed and May accidentally choked on her sandwich.

Drew whacked her on the back and she breathed again, massaging her neck. “THAT was scary. Thanks, Drew.”

“Now who wants to try the milk?” April asked.

Everyone grabbed a bottle of milk. A Miltank and Camerupt came over and watched closely as Drew, Fred, and April gulped down a bottle of “Moo Moo Camerupt” while Castform, May, and Max drank a bottle of “Moo Moo Miltank.”

“Wow, this is really good!” May exclaimed. Castform nodded in agreement.

Miltank gave Camerupt a triumphant look and Camerupt sulked.

“Amazing! Do you have more?” Drew asked, setting down his empty bottle.

Camerupt nudged Miltank and Miltank stared back.

“Hey, Miltank, Camerupt, what are you two gals doing here?” Fred asked.
    He stroked their heads and they mooed contently. “We’re eating here, I tend to y’all later.”

The two cows nodded and returned to their clusters and glared at each other.

Camerupt suddenly shot a Flamethower at Miltank.

Fred sprang up, knocking over the pickles. “What in tarnation? Camerupt, what are you doing? Stop!” He took off.

Miltank countered with a Rollout and knocked into Camerupt.

“Gals! Stop it right now! You’re going to destroy the ranch!” Fred scolded.

Miltank gave Camerupt a “well-you-started-it” look.

Camerupt then used Take Down and sent Miltank flying.

“CAMERUPT! STOP!” Fred yelled.

Camerupt looked upset and stepped back.

“What’s up with Camerupt?” Max asked chewing down on his slice of watermelon.

A herd of Miltank quickly rushed over to a scorched and bruised Miltank and used Heal Bell, followed with a Milk Drink.

The Miltank stood up gave Camerupt a menacing look. Then they both prepared for a Hyper Beam.

Numb and Calcium panicked and went to their mothers. The cows didn’t want to hurt them, and forced themselves to shoot the powerful beams into the sky. They mooed angrily at their young, telling them to back off.

Numb refused and stood its ground. “ ‘Why are you doing this?’ “ Numb asked it.

Camerupt snorted. “ ‘I give the better milk, don’t I?’ “

Calcium cried to her mother. “ ‘What’s going on?’ “

Miltank scolded her daughter. “ ‘My milk tastes better than her sour cream, doesn’t it?’ “

Numb and Calcium both spoke to their mothers. “ ‘Well, have you tried her milk?’ “

Miltank and Camerupt stared at each other, dumbfounded.

The calves took this as a no and darted back to the picnic area.
    Fred set down the bowls. He had filled Miltank’s bowl with “Moo Moo Camerupt” and filled Camerupt’s bowl with “Moo Moo Miltank.”

The two cows licked their dishes and to their surprise, found it delicious.

“Well, I guess that ends this fight,” April said.

“What do you mean ‘this fight?’” May asked her.

April grinned. “It seems like those two are rivals, always fighting over who’s better. Most of the time we don’t even know what they are fighting over.”

Max coughed. “Sounds like some people I know.”

“What should I stuff in his mouth this time?” May thought out loud.

“This road should lead to Wilo Forest. Turn right at the first fork, then keep going straight. Wilo is a day away from here,” Fred informed them. “I wish you a safe journey.”

Unfortunately, I do not have a paint program to make a sprite. Even if I did, it would be horrible.

Alrighty, the next chapter is going to be the longest in my history. I estimate that there will be about three parts to the next one, and that will take me about four days.

See ya in Chapter 11: Part One-     Spoiler:

-Skitty-
    No. Teddiursa-
    No!
    Pichu! Yeah! (will find sprite thingy later)

-Pichu Gurl
    Last edited by Xiang; 26th June 2005 at 4:08 PM.

Nice chapter Pichu Gurl! I liked the boyfriend part! I don't see how Drew doesn't flip out...knowing his personality isn't like that, but even so, it seems like he would doesn't it? maybe it's just me... anyway, that was a nice chappie and I'll be waiting for your long one!

i loved dis chappie............ great job pichu gurl.......... i also loved da boyfriend thing....... can't wait 4 chapter 11

ONOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by MiniMinun
    Nice chapter Pichu Gurl! I liked the boyfriend part! I don't see how Drew doesn't flip out...knowing his personality isn't like that, but even so, it seems like he would doesn't it? maybe it's just me... anyway, that was a nice chappie and I'll be waiting for your long one!
    True, er, maybe, but I've only seen Drew on TV twice, because I missed the Fallarbor episode. Oh well. Next chappie going slower than I thought, I have orthodontist appointment today! Gahh!

This chappie gonna take a while, *sigh* but I had better not rush it! Who here has Pokemon Colosseum? It might make things easier to understand. But I'll include an explanation of     Spoiler:
    in the next chapter.

I'll be typing all morning!

-Pichu Gurl

Miss Priss Guest

Finally here! Sorry I couldn't review earlier, but I had to go to my baby cousins birthday party yesterday. I've never seen so much Dora the Explorer in my life! Anyway... I liked the chapter, it was pretty good. I like the way you make Drew seem like the person he would be on tv. I could just picture this part:
    Drew flicked his hair. “I’m a little too hard. May should be in your level.”
    ALthough it seems like May would have a comeback. I dunno, that's just what I think. I can't wait for your long chapters!
    Jade~

i have Pokemon Collosseum pichu gurl.............^__^
    still can't wait 4 ur next chappie

ONOMNOMNOM

Sorry, i only have Pokemon Saph and Silver. I don't think I even have the console needed to play Colloseum!(sp?) It sounds fun, but I don't think I'll get it, because i have other games on my top priorities! ^^'

BeAuTiFuL mAy: Dora the Explorer? OK...

I agree, guess I forgot about comebacks. o.O'

Sweet_May: Yay! I'm not alone!

MiniMinun: It's alright, I explain a few things as Sandi IS in Orre, and Orre is where Pokemon Colosseum is.

Spelling: COLOSSEUM (one "l" and two "s"'s)

I'm sooo sorry, I have my first bad case of Writer's Block in this fic, I'll be delayed. (I'm not faking!) I know what I'm going to do, I'm just not in the Writing Mood. (That means in a bad mood, writing is my life) (Fear me and my not-so-mild temper! My sister does)

I HAVE done about 3 pages (reluctantly) so far. I'll get it up as soon as I can. I have a trip to Baltimore on Thursday, so I'll have to speed it up a bit.

Thank you for forgiving me for not updating as quickly as I used to.

-Pichu Gurl

HA HA Max got a bagel stuffed into his mouth...he deserved it though *nods*. Anyway Calspurt sounded kinda cute, and I feel sorry for Calcium and Numb with their mothers fighting. Anyway next chappie sounds cool update soon.

Yes, I managed to get finished with Part One! Yes!

There is a small explanation of Shadow Pokemon in the chapter, but if you need me to delve deeper into the explanation, PM me, 'K?

PG, yah, always PG:

Chapter 11: Part One- Team Snagem and the Baby Suicune!

“Let’s see, we’ve already went past both forks in the road,” May said to herself.

“Fred said that it would take about a day to get there,” Max reminded her.

“Which means we’ll get there early tomorrow,” Drew finished for him.

“Well, we’d better keep going, otherwise it’ll take longer,” May said.

“Sis, it’s late, and I can hardly see the road, it’s so dark,” Max complained.

May laughed. “You’ll need better night vision!”

This insulted Max. “I happen to wear glasses you know!”

Drew groaned as they argued on. He could point out a faint outline in the road, but he still couldn’t tell if they were going off track. His eyes hurt from trying to see in the dark. “Max is right, we should stop for today.”

Castform agreed, despite his trainer’s decision.

“Oh fine, have it your way,” May whined. She felt the ground. “See, we were on the road!”

‘How does she do that?’ Max thought. ‘Lucky.’
    “This place is even bigger than the Forest of the Gardevoir!” Drew remarked, gazing at the area.

Wilo Forest consisted of a gorge with a stream running through it. Tall trees lined the banks. Pebbles that were a beautiful mixture of silver and emerald green lined the rivulet. Sunlight reflected off them and the clean water flowed through them, making a tranquil trickling sound that gently rang through the forest. A waterfall fell from the valley above. The water splashed onto the boulders waiting at the bottom. Poliwhirl stood on the huge rocks and enjoyed the shower.

The tree trunks were brown mixed with a sunny gold, giving the trees a look of life. Flowers gave up their soft, pink petals as the wind flew by. The trio followed the tributary to a lake.

Flying Pokemon flew close to the surface and skimmed the water with their feet, as if they were ice-skating. Other Pokemon sipped some of its pure water and others jumped in and splashed each other. The sight of the happy Pokemon lightened up the forest even more.

“What are we standing around for? Why not have some fun?” May laughed, unbuckling her fanny pack.

Max, Castform, and Drew realized what she was doing and waved their arms frantically. “Sis, you can’t change out here!”

May laughed as she pulled off her shirt. Underneath was her green, two-piece swimming suit.

Max and Drew both breathed a sigh of relief and sweatdropped. Castform fell off her shoulder.

May stared at them. “What? You’re not going to be left out, are you?”
    Max jumped out from behind a tree. He had taken off his shirt and slipped on his green swimming trunks. He ran and jumped into the water next to his sister.

Castform went in too, even if it was in its normal form.

Drew reluctantly stepped out into the sunlight. He had taken off his shirt, but kept his purple jacket on. His swimming trunks were the same color as his indigo shirt that he had taken off. He sat on the edge of the lake and dangled his feet in the water. He watched May and Max splash each other and start a playful water war with some of the wild Pokemon. Max splashed his sister and she pushed him underwater.

“Sweet revenge, bro!” May said as he surfaced for air and chased her around. Then a Marril shot him with a friendly Water Gun. He laughed and started chasing it.

May laughed as she watched them. Then she reverted her gaze to Drew who was watching her play with a strange look. He looked a little DREAMY.

May swam over to him as he quickly snapped out of his little trance and looked away to hide his blushing face. “Drew, come on, why don’t you play with us?”

Drew silently laughed, as May’s voice sounded like a child’s. He finally looked at her.

“Drew, you’re missing out!”

Drew laughed to himself again when May’s voice switched to the tone of a mother. “Alright, I’m coming!” He jumped in and followed May to the fun.
    May lied on the bank of the lake, exhausted. They had played all morning. She wasn’t the only one lying on the ground. Drew and Max lied down next to her, and some Pokemon joined them in their relaxation.

Drew looked up at the sky and grimaced. He turned his head towards May. “May, the sky is-“

“Cloudy,” she finished for him. “That’s not a good sign.” She sat up and a chilly gust blew down on her and everyone else’s wet bodies, chilling them. “We should change back.”

The trio went behind different trees. Off went their swimming gear and on with their clothes. The wind tore at them again, harshly chilling them as they stepped back out.

“I wonder what’s causing this,” May said as she tied on her red bandana.

Suddenly, a thunderbolt nearly hit her, but she had somehow quickly gotten out of the way. The winding blew harder, and the petals on the flowers, and the leaves from the trees all were released from the branch’s firm grasp.

Suddenly, two Pokemon jumped over them.

“What are they?” Max asked.

“I don’t know, but I do know something’s wrong. I have a feeling that we should follow it,” Drew suggested.

They ran in the direction the two Pokemon went. Even some Pokemon followed them.
    Everyone ran to a clearing and the two Pokemon were guarding something from…

“Team Snagem!” May said angrily. “What now?”

“Oh, our business is done here,” Sam’s voice said evilly. She showed them a Pokemon in a cage.

May took out her Pokedex. “Suicune,” it said, displaying a picture of an bigger version of the Pokemon in the cage. “The North Wind Pokemon. Suicune has the ability to purify water. This legendary Pokemon jumps gracefully with incredible speed.”

“Let it go!” May demanded.

Team Snagem ignored her and drill into the ground and escaped.

May groaned. “Come back here right now! You’re not supposed to steal legendary Pokemon!”

The drilling machine had disappeared entirely underground.

The Pokemon ran to where the two Pokemon were standing.

“Wait, that’s a Raikou and Entei!” Max said.

“Mom used to tell us about them!” May gasped.

[Flashback]
    “Tonight’s story is about the three legendary dogs. Raikou, Entei, and Suicune. Raikou makes thunderstorms, Entei erupts volcanoes, and Suicune purifies water,” Caroline said. “If one of them dies, the whole world could collapse as the great Ho-oh is watching over us with these Pokemon.”
    [End Flashback]

“I wonder what’s happening.”

Entei and Raikou parted to reveal and still, blue figure lying on the ground.

The Pokemon and the trio gathered around the figure, horrified. It appeared to be a Suicune, but it was-

Dead.

Dead, gone, dead.

As in NOT alive.

Dead.

The crowd of Pokemon gasped, but stayed ghostly still, not believing that this was happening.

Raikou and Entei bowed their heads down in sorrow. Entei looked at the crowd and- SPOKE?

“The evil ones must be stopped. Suicune has risked his life to save his daughter. The daughter was a gift from the Great One, Ho-oh.” Entei “spoke” sadly.

Raikou continued for him, as Entei looked as if he would break down in tears. “Our brother is dead, and that will endanger the world. We need his daughter to be free. The evil men want to close the doorway to her heart.”

Drew got confused. “Close the doorway to her heart? What does that mean?”
    The wind blew and “flicked” his hair for him, but his expression did not match.

“We have been studying the evil one’s intentions. They plan to fill the world with ultimate- ultimate sh-shadow Pokemon.” Lightning struck the cloud on Raikou’s back. A booming sound went off in the distance.

“The volcano is erupting!” Max panicked. May kicked him lightly and he reverted his gaze back to the two legendary Pokemon.

“Shadow Pokemon?” May asked them.

“They are Pokemon that no longer have a heart. They are evil and more powerful and reckless for they can attack humans.”

A gasp went through the crowd. Castform nearly fainted of terror.

“They forget their old moves and learn their new evil shadow attack.”

“So you are saying-“ Drew became too horrified to continue.

“Yes, they are turning Suicune’s daughter evil.” Entei confirmed sorrowfully.

Lightning struck and thunder boomed, as if the sky itself was angry.

Suddenly, an orb came out of Suicune’s mouth and flew to the sky.

Entei and Raikou bowed. Then the Pokemon bowed to Suicune. Drew, Max, and Castform bowed and May curtsied.

“May our brother rest in peace,” Raikou and Entei said simultaneously. After that, they took off.

-Pichu Gurl

nice chappie pichu gurl............. can't wait 4 da next part of chapter 11

ONOMNOMNOM

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast