Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Scheme Team (409)

pokemonmaster2006 Guest

Episode sounds good I can't wait for it to come to USA (whenever that is...).

Anways... if May DOES get a Squirtle,     Spoiler:

so what the hell exactly went on the Gio, Butch, and Cassidy? i mean what where there roles or did they ever explain why Gio isn't the gym leader and all? Also, did they say the Agatha was previously an elite4 but move to become a gym leader?

There still some anwsers i'm looking of but what been expalin is nice. at least we have new hope for the short saga before D/P starts

I'm not beliving in the RUMOR...of Squirtle...till i get SOLID PROOF...as for now it is RUMOR...as i don't even know how that started...LOL

well...the ep...is cool...and i'm looking forward to the UPCOMING EP...more...

Butch and Cassidy...wonder what they were up to? LOL

well...at least we see Givoanni and Persain again...right mewoth? LMAO...
    (>^_^)> !i!i!i! ~ŁańkaŃ \|/ ßlάĉK §ϋŃ~ !i!i!i! <(^_^<)

Click here to be directed to the game ---> Pokemon Survivor

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Gabbiani
    So...is it ever said why Giovanni isn't the GL any more?
    No. Obviously something happened, but it wasn't explained in this episode. What was explained is that the official leader of the Viridian Gym hasn't been decided, so Agatha is taking care of it for the time being.

It was a good battle. Ash and Pikachu actually seemed to be winning until Agatha's final moves. Ash's reaction on hearing (after the battle was over) that Agatha was one of the Elite Four was worth seeing.

I hope the Team Rocket motto in this episode was just a more varied variation than usual, and not the New Motto it seemed to be.

And there was plenty of old music used in this episode.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

Interesting. So this *was* a recent thing. *smirk*
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

So was it a 2 v 1 match? Ash only used Pika while Agatha used Golbat and Gengar?

A more descriptive summary would be well-appreciated.

1 on 1. Pikachu vs Gengar.

Golbat was only used in dealing with Team Rocket a bit later.

BTW, this episode has AWESOME animation. Especially the Team Rocket Motto with all the CG.

So, what did Giovanni discuss with Jessie and james?

I've been avoiding this thread for frikking ages. >_> I wanted to see the episode first hand with no knowledge of it whatsoever. Thank God I did, because this episode was just too awesome to be spoiled. Seriously.

1) Masamune and Tetsuya appear at the start of the episode. Thank God.

2) We see the group parting ways, instead of us just cutting to Kanto with Ash going Solo.

3) When May and Max go back home, we see Caroline. Good news for Cybercubed. XD No Norman though. :0

4) The parting ways scene was actually rather good. ^^

5) Best. Team Rocket scenes. Ever. Or at least, in a f*cking long time. I've had to put up with the scriptwriters screwing over TR for a long time now, but they've finally redeemed themselves and given them a good amount of FUNNY scene time.

Jessie, James and Meowth appear at the TR. Which is HUGE and up in the mountains. Or something. They give their brief to Giovanni... in which I believe they lied and said they took care of Team Aqua and Magma. :3 Upon leaving his office and walking down a hall, Butch and Cassidy appear on segways. Butch's collar is mis-coloured the whole way through. -.- They argue, and then some kid appears, getting Butch's name wrong. The kid (TR Member.) tells Butch and Cassidy that Namba wants them for something, and they leave. TR then leave the HQ, and see Butch and Cassidy fly off using jetpacks (!) which, of course, they of very jealous of. :p Some fat dude calls them over to let them borrow the stuff he has, which look like jetpacks at first... put then are revealed to be pogo sticks. XD The look of TR's faces are priceless. Seriously.

Scott appears, (yay!) with his pimp mobile (Sexy red, no less.) and starts to tell Ash about the Battle Frontier. Then Agatha appears, who has fallen over with her shopping. ;o; Bless her. Ash helps her up, while Scott picks her bike up. Some crap happens, and they battle. Ash loses. Total rofl.

Ash: OMG ELITE FOUR WTF :O

Scott then tells Ash about the Battle Frontier again, and we see the shadows of the Frontier Brains~ And the symbols. Basically, we're going to get another set of badge collecting before ANOTHER set of badge collecting in D/P. -_- The shadows looked cool though. I can't wait to see Hiisu and Rira. :D

Team Rocket appear, and THANK GOD. The motto was great this time aroumd. I don't want it to be the new motto, but seriously. It was just... so lively. Much better than the same old stuff we have every episode. Chimecho looked adorable here too. =^_^=

They blast Team Rocket off, and Scott leaves. At first, the music blasting out sounded like it was coming from Scott's car, but sadly not. Just the first series intro. :P Ash is walking back to Pallet, and fondly remembers his old group. ;o; When a Poliwag appears, no less. No fond memories of Misty though, which is strange considering Misty used to have one, huh? Maybe Ash doesn't love her after all huh!

Ash bursts into his house and is all OMG LOLZ IM HOME. He's greeted by his mother, and Misty. He does not hug Misty. In fact, he's not that happy to see Misty at all. He's just 'Uhh... hey'. Maybe not even that. Suprised, yes. But not over-the-moon suprised. I had to lol as there was no hug. XD Not even close.

No Tracey in this scene though. >_>

Birch and Max appear at the end of this episode, too. :D Looks like we aren't going to have any alone time between Ash and Misty at all.

...LOL!

Best episode in ages, I'd say.

~Toshi~ Guest

Thanks for the well-needed descriptive summmary

It's been a while since I commented on a season eight episode, but I've gotta say I LOVE the look of this episode. Everybody's in it: Professor Oak, Professor Birch, Delia, Mister Mime, Misty, Tracey, Caroline, Giovanni, Butch and Cassidy. I can't wait for next week when they feature Ash's old pokemon again too. And I can just guess what the ending was about. I'm figuring it's what the "First Battle" title of the upcoming episodes means.

Also, I really LOVED Team Rocket's motto look in this episode. Great effects. And Chimecho's back! Ooh, I can't wait for Saturday.
    ;My Shinies: NEW!! 9/6 (trevanent) NEW!! 9/15
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

Tracey wasn't in this episode. o_o

Edit: The Team Rocket Blast Off was... just awesome. <3 I don't know why, but the music... ^_^ And Chimecho was adorable. She smiled all the way through the blast-off. XD
    Last edited by Alfonso; 24th June 2005 at 5:07 PM.

Having watched the episode i have to agree with alfonso this is one of the best episode in ages. Pikachu vs. Gengar match was just awesome man pikachu was winning but the last combination by agatha and gengar was just crazy.

Now i have a question for whoever understands japanese. Most likely Murgatroyd since he's the one who said it.

You said that Agatha is taking care of the gym while they find a new gym leader, and that after ash lost he found out that she was an elite 4 member. Question is, Was she an elite 4 member or is she still an elite 4 member? (i dunno im just very curious to know this). She is the first elite 4 member that ash has actually put up a fight against.

So if Satoshi is hitting the Battle Frontier, what's Haruka gonna do? There aren't any contests in the Hoenn region...so I suppose there are three routes the writers can take:

1. Haruka decides to take on the Kanto gym leaders, just like Satoshi did eight years ago
    2. Haruka catches the Kasumi virus and gets pushed into the background until she serves no purpose at all
    3. Contest centers are introduced to Houen, and Haruka keeps staying the course

Since Kasumi's leaving again two episodes from now, I know that Haruka's going to keep her position as female lead. I just hope the writers do something good with her - to be honest, it would be interesting to have her go around to the gyms and tangle with the gym leaders, given that they've probably changed a great deal since we last saw 'em (but then. if Diamond and Pearl don't come out until November, that gives us five months until they get to that region, and I doubt that'd really be enough time to go through the whole Kanto region again). It's all just speculation, mind you.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamez
    Now i have a question for whoever understands japanese. Most likely Murgatroyd since he's the one who said it.

You said that Agatha is taking care of the gym while they find a new gym leader, and that after ash lost he found out that she was an elite 4 member. Question is, Was she an elite 4 member or is she still an elite 4 member? (i dunno im just very curious to know this). She is the first elite 4 member that ash has actually put up a fight against.
    She is still an Elite Four member.

Anyone wanna guess who might be the new gym leader for Viderian Gym?
    Oh and Murg, what exactly was the conversation between Jesse,James, Meowth and Giovanni about?

I wonder why giovanni isnt the gymleader anymore.Also when Jesse james and meoth were talking to giovanni in that building was the building in hoen or kanto.In the end when professer birch and max appear at Ash's house why wasnt May with them.
    The Fire MASTER

friend code:0215 7269 4575
    name:BLAZE

add me i battle a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken King
    I wonder why giovanni isnt the gymleader anymore.Also when Jesse james and meoth were talking to giovanni in that building was the building in hoen or kanto.In the end when professer birch and max appear at Ash's house why wasnt May with them.
    In Kanto. >_> TR doesn't have any bases or power in Houen.

May is still back home. She'll be back next episode.

Scary Clefairy: The conversation was about how they, Jessie James and Meowth, had beaten Team Aqua and Team Magma. Or at least, that's what I was able to grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by Blaziken King
    In the end when professer birch and max appear at Ash's house why wasnt May with them.
    She could've been, the preview clips are just that, a preview... who knows what else the episode holds in store for us.
    "Psychos... they always love comics." - Det. Elliot Stabler.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzJazz
    She could've been, the preview clips are just that, a preview... who knows what else the episode holds in store for us.
    It was at the end of this episode that Birch and Max appeared without May. She does appear for about half a second in the preview, suggesting that she'll arrive on her own at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonso

Scary Clefairy: The conversation was about how they, Jessie James and Meowth, had beaten Team Aqua and Team Magma. Or at least, that's what I was able to grasp.
    Yea thanks. I wasn't denying that your anwser was fault when you posted it before, but just wanted to ask Murg(who has good japanese skills) anyway, to make sure that it was true and not something else. that all. Don't take it too hard Alfonso.

Little_Munkki Guest

Just seen the episode pictures...

I noticed both Butch AND Cassidy's uniform collars appeared and disappeared in different shots. -.- and I think Agatha looks like a man dressed in drag. But her Gengar is awesome. Was that Double Team and Shadow Ball (or Night Shade?) that it was doing at the same time?

Did Misty say why Tracey gave her the Azurill?

What were both TRs arguing about? (Jessie, James, Butch, Cassidy)

Why did Birch and Max show up at the end?
    Last edited by Little_Munkki; 25th June 2005 at 4:53 AM.

The part with the Frontier Symbols and TR's motto are CG in this episode! Have they every used CG in pokemon episodes before?

I think Gengar used Shadow Ball, Double Team, Shadow Punch, & Psychic.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Prince
    The part with the Frontier Symbols and TR's motto are CG in this episode! Have they every used CG in pokemon episodes before?

Yea i think in the movies though. Not too sure about episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flygon Prince
    Shadow Ball, Double Team, Hypnosis, and Dream Eater.

Have they every used CG in pokemon episodes before?
    Regularly and often, though rarely this obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Munkki
    Did Misty say why Tracey gave her the Azurill?
    No.

What were both TRs arguing about? (Jessie, James, Butch, Cassidy)
    New variation on the usual. Cassidy claimed J&J were a useless team that got sent to Hoenn to get them out of the way, Jessie claimed the Boss sent them on such an important mission because he trusted them...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast