Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Scheme Team (409)

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Elric
    Meh..am I the only one who prefered their older motto? :s
    No, you aren't.

Bulbagarden | Serebii.net
    Member at both. Mod at both.
    And sick and tired of the Joe-Liam feud.

I much preferred the old motto. :/ I'm so used to the old one that hearing them say anything else just sounds... wrong.
    ~

I don't think the new motto flows as well as the older one either. Some of the parts seem rather rough around the edges, such as Meowth popping up in the middle, and all three of them reciting the last part of the motto together. Its not an awfully terrible alteration, but the old one was just classic :/

The Motto will probably stay the same in the U.S version.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Rocket Admin
    The Motto will probably stay the same in the U.S version.
    No it won't. It would be impossible for it to do so, because it has a different structure. Meowth randomly pops up. They say certain lines together. >_>;

How could they keep it the same?

And the new motto... eh, it's okay. ._. I prefere the old, CLASSIC one better.

Well at least they finally changed something after 400+ episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybercubed
    Well at least they finally changed something after 400+ episodes.
    Exactly, as much as I liked their motto it was getting older then my Nissan.

Maybe instead of blasting off, they'll be chased out of the area every epiosde by a pack of angry Nidorino from now on. XD

"Please don't look at me that way, I'm a very shy little girl!"

BrokenDreams Guest

Did it mention Agatha being an Elite in this episode?

OMG They kept the rice balls!!!!!!!!!

But seriously though, when was the last time they did that in the dub? I don't think they called the rice balls anything in this episode, but still...
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Quote Originally Posted by MJC CartoGuy
    OMG They kept the rice balls!!!!!!!!!

But seriously though, when was the last time they did that in the dub? I don't think they called the rice balls anything in this episode, but still...
    4kids are the kings of consistensy. Yep...the queens of consistancy...

Someone be a dear and type up Team Rocket's new motto. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person who remembers its changing from this episode onwards :/
    Last edited by Gravy; 8th April 2006 at 3:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravy
    Someone be a dear and type up Team Rocket's new motto. I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only person who remembers its changing from this episode onwards :/
    I'll try to do that.
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 8th April 2006 at 3:59 PM.

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

Geki Guest

THEY SHOWED THE RICE BALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is an AWESOME episode, I love it so far. Right now I'm about to watch Ash and Agatha battle. The new TR Motto is cool, I like it way better then the old one. Scott's dub voice is cool, and Agatha's isn't bad either. Ash lost to Agatha before, that sucked, but it's about time Ash had lost a battle besides Tyson. When Brock, Max, Ash, and May split up, it didn't seem as ''Final'' as when Ash, Brock, and Misty split up when Ash was heading for Hoenn. Misty and Deliah, and Mimey, and Oak!!! I always love the episodes when Ash heads home after completling a league.

10/10
    Last edited by Geki; 8th April 2006 at 3:56 PM.

Don't get all excited about the rice balls. If you notice (which I'm sure others are bound to point out) they never specifically call them by name. It's nothing new, 4Kids! does it all the time. Just don't ...get so excited!

Can't say I was disappointed by either Scott's or Agatha's voice.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

Quote Originally Posted by V Faction
    Don't get all excited about the rice balls. If you notice (which I'm sure others are bound to point out) they never specifically call them by name. It's nothing new, 4Kids! does it all the time. Just don't ...get so excited!
    Yeah, I know, I was just kidding. I'm still happy though.

OKAY, HERE'S THE NEW MOTTO!

Jessie: "Prepare for trouble from the skies"
    James: "From beyond the stars a nasty surprise."
    Jessie: "An evil as old as our galaxy..."
    James: "Sent here to fulfill our destiny."
    Meowth: "Plus dere's me!"
    Jessie: "To denounce the evils of truth and love."
    James: "To extend our reach to the stars above."
    Jessie: "Jessie!"
    James: "And James!"
    Meowth: "And Meowth are da' names!"
    Jessie: "Anywhere there's peace in the universe."
    James: "Team Rocket..."
    Meowth: "...Will be dere..."
    Jessie, James, and Meowth: "To make everything worse!"
    Wobbuffet: "Wooooobuffet!"
    Chimecho: "Chime Chiiiime!"

You're welcome.

This was a good episode. It was cool to see hypnosis AND dream eater done at the same time. I thought it was funny when everyone kept calling Butch, Biff.

The new motto rules, definately. I love the end about making things worse.

Scott had a awesome voice, very stalker like though. And Agatha sounded like a old women.

I loved this episode, and they kept the rice balls! =o I like Scott's and Agatha's voice...To see hypnois and dream eater really pwned!

Quote Originally Posted by MJC CartoGuy
    Yeah, I know, I was just kidding. I'm still happy though.
    Not you. I was speaking to Geki. You didn't type in all caps and add a zillion exclamation marks (instead of a thousand), now did you?

Thanks for the motto.
    V | Faction

You can find me over at Bulbagarden's Forums now!

WOMG that motto sounds so much cooler, too bad the UK is light years behind the US >.>

This episode is also the very first time in the entire run of the dub that they called Kanto "Kanto"...

and I'm also glad that they called Agatha "Agatha", I was afraid they would give her another name like they did with Lorelei/Prima fiasco.
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Was I the only one impressed by the CGI in this episode? I mean, normally it's rather pathetic, but it seemed like they stepped up with it here, for whatever reason.

Aside from that, the animation itself in this episode was excellent. The battle, though short, was very well done. All the attacks flowed beautifully, and the entire thing was just grand.

The goodbye scene in the beginning was pretty well-done, I think. It wasn't a tearjerker, but the mature way they all said goodbye was just as good.

They kept the riceballs....Interesting. Yes, they never referred to them as rice balls, but it was still a surprise.

Can't say I was too excited about a Butch and Cassidy return, frankly. Seeing Giovanni again was a bit unexpected(I never read the guide for this episode).

I quite like the new motto, really.

The voices here were great, IMO. Gengar sounded pretty intimidating, and Scott's voice was nothing short of superb. I was expecting some sort of Morrison knock-off for Scott's voice, but this is so much better. Agatha got a good voice as well.

Hahahaha, Agatha used the word "shenanigans" xD I seriously laughed when I heard that. It's such a strange and stupid word that it sounds funny reardless of who says it.

Probably just me, but I found Gengar giggling at Pikachu after Agatha explained that Quick Attack won't work on Gengar amusing. Its face and strange laugh just slayed me, for whatever reason

Overall rating:
    8.7 out of 10
    Great episode, good way to introduce the Battle Frontier. Also, it was nice to see a return from some older characters in the end.

~*CB*~
    The 8th Champion

This was a great episode. The Gengar versus Pikachu fight was better than anything that came out of the Hoenn league. I liked the introduction of Scott and the BF as well as Ash returning to his family and friends. Though the TR headquarters was my favorite part. I liked the Pogo Stick joke, very funny.

Lots of great stuff in this episode:

- The AG team splitting up. Could you believe I actually got a little sad when May and Max walked off, despite the fact that I already know they both return in the very next episode? (Well Max is already back, but May I mean)

- Ash Vs. Agatha was great. Gengar using Hypnosis and Dream Eater was a first. Also, Ash actually put up a damn good fight against an Elite 4 member. Much better than his battles against Lorelei or Drake.

- Yay, Agatha and Scott have good voices. Yay, they call it the "Battle Frontier" and "Frontier Brains." Yay, Scott said " They're kinda like Gym leaders but much stronger." (you can say that again)

- Continuity! Ash said, "I already have this Gyms badge." See, I told you Ash keeps his old badges in his house somewhere! This also proves that if Ash ever wanted to re-enter the Indigo league, he can use his old badges.

- Misty's introduction was very well done. No crappy 4kids added dub hints. Misty and Ash just say hello, and Azurill had a nice introduction. "Tracey gave me this Azurill when it was just an egg." Ha! OWNED.

- Seeing Butch/Cassidy and Giovanni again was nice, as short as it was.

It'll be sad knowing all these voice actors will change next season, this episode showed how important the voices are to this show.

oh yes, I forgot the Segways! whatever happened to them though? they were all the rage a year or so back...
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Quote Originally Posted by PDL
    oh yes, I forgot the Segways! whatever happened to them though? they were all the rage a year or so back...
    4kids called them scooters instead of segways. Maybe to avoid advertising a real product?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast